Help My Fog Lights Arent Working!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help My Fog Lights Arent Working!!!!

okay well my foglights have been dead (so i thought) for couple months now and i never bothered changing them cause i was never a fan of the yellow condom....but i discovered on this site how to take them out about 2 months ago and just 10 minutes ago is when i decided to get my lazy arse up to take them out and change the lights....well turn outs my lights ARENT blown....the little coil is still intact and looking good...yet they dont turn on...this is for BOTH fogs...so i tried checking the fuses.....it wasnt that either....WHAT THE HELL IS IT?????? i noticed the connectors for the lights were disgusting....had what looked like crap on the bottom of a shoe but in the socket....could it be that? could it be my wires are bad? what is it? please any info would be appreciated
Old 02-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
If fuse 36 in the underhood fuse box is good, and you see the indicator light on at the fog light switch assembly in the dash, the bulbs are bad, or bad plug connection, or bad ground connection. If both lights are off, the more likely scenario is bulbs are bad despite your visual inspection. Only way to tell for sure is w/ a VOM.

If indicator light in the dash is OFF, the fog light relay is bad, or the dash fog light switch is bad.

good luck
Old 02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Advanced

theres a dash switch for the fog lights? i thought they just turned on when i turn on my headlights????? i have a 1996 2.5 if it makes a difference
Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by steadyACridin
theres a dash switch for the fog lights? i thought they just turned on when i turn on my headlights????? i have a 1996 2.5 if it makes a difference
The fog switch should be right next to your cruise control on the dash behind and to the drivers left of the steering wheel... look for it, it will have what looks like a fog lamp on it... when u push it on the fogs should come on, and yes they only come on with the headlights unless you have spliced the wires for them to come on with the running lights... good luck!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ljmushock
The fog switch should be right next to your cruise control on the dash behind and to the drivers left of the steering wheel... look for it, it will have what looks like a fog lamp on it... when u push it on the fogs should come on, and yes they only come on with the headlights unless you have spliced the wires for them to come on with the running lights... good luck!
To add to that too, there is a light on the fog light switch taht lights up green when they are on. Just wanted to add my
Old 02-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Advanced

thanks a lot guys.....see i had no clue that was there cause i dont have a reason to put my fingers back there being as i never use cruise control....i was pretty close to taking it to acura to tell me what the hell was wrong.....lol wow i feel like a moron....thanks again for all of your inputs.....anyone want a pair of yellow condoms?

p.s. what do you mean wired to running? i know they dont work when i switch my highbeams on
Old 02-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks a lot guys.....see i had no clue that was there cause i dont have a reason to put my fingers back there being as i never use cruise control....i was pretty close to taking it to acura to tell me what the hell was wrong.....lol wow i feel like a moron....thanks again for all of your inputs.....anyone want a pair of yellow condoms?

p.s. what do you mean wired to running? i know they dont work when i switch my highbeams on
They don't work unless you ahve your headlights on. There is a wire that you can splice with a power wire though, and you can turn them on at any time, regardless of what other lights are on.

I have mine setup with my carputer so that they turn on when I turn the car on, off when I turn the car off. I saw a suggestions for which wires to splice on the forums here before, but you had to make sure to turn them off.

When I get my car back, I'll take a peek and let you know which wire is the one going to the fog lights.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Advanced

no dont dont worry about about ill just always leave the button on now so when i turn my headlights on they go on.....i already had silverstars in my headlights and im getting another free pair from my friend at advanced for my fogs when i take the condom off today....once again is anyone interested in these?
Old 02-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Racer

if you dont want to spend time troubleshotting, just re-run some wires with a relay and fused. Thats what I did to mine. now mine can do day time running lights or without the need to turn on the main light. goodluck.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no dont dont worry about about ill just always leave the button on now so when i turn my headlights on they go on.....i already had silverstars in my headlights and im getting another free pair from my friend at advanced for my fogs when i take the condom off today....once again is anyone interested in these?
Yeah, I'm still interested. I was gonna go to the glass blowing shop to get a few made in yellow, blue, etc... but held off. If you don't want them let me know!!! pm me or email me at ljmushock@hotmail.com or im me on aim "mushock9832TL"
Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Lord Ubber

You don't hava manual?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts

yes me want...