getting rid of my '96 and inspires for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting rid of my '96 and inspires for sale

hey guys, its been a pleasure reading and contributing to this forum for 1st gens but its about that time to trade in the TL for another car (2004 RL). yeah, i know the 2005 models are out but the 2004 has all the features that i want as standard, including a NAVI hopefully, the dealer will give me the price i want.

anyways, i have inspire tails on my car with the amber chambers already taken out so i have polarg hyperwhites as my turn signals. i prefer not to ship so if anyone is interested in the NYC area, check out my listing in the Black Market forum.

take it easy fellas!
Old 10-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Banned

That's cool. The RL's are nice rides....
Old 10-30-2004, 12:08 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by TLover8888
i have inspire tails... i prefer not to ship... in the NYC area... listing in the Black Market forum.

That is all i can read on your post... and ... ... ... i have the cash... $250.00 in my hand and because they can't be shipped...

Edit: Sorry to hear you are parting with your TL... 2004 RL actually looks like an upgraded suited up 1st Gen TL... or am i mistaken in the year??? still, let me in peace...

Edit #2 and answer for below... I mean suited up as in the navi... better suspension (ride quality) etc... but yeah... i bet the ride is great in one of those... i have to go test drive... You made the right choice in upgrading... but you are parting with your TL... then again 3 cars too many...
Old 10-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

thanks...the interior is top notch so i was very impressed. obviously the engine is so-so but i'm not lookin' to race the car anyway. i'm more about the interior and enjoying the ride
Old 10-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
That is all i can read on your post... and ... ... ... i have the cash... $250.00 in my hand and because they can't be shipped...

Edit: Sorry to hear you are parting with your TL... 2004 RL actually looks like an upgraded suited up 1st Gen TL... or am i mistaken in the year??? still, let me in peace...

the problem with shipping is that i need your stock taillights in exchange as well so since youre in CA, i doubt youre going to ship me your taillights and not be able to use your car until i send you the inspires...sorry bro

if you have a solution to this problem, let me know
Old 10-30-2004, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by TLover8888
thanks...the interior is top notch so i was very impressed. obviously the engine is so-so but i'm not lookin' to race the car anyway. i'm more about the interior and enjoying the ride
Perfect car then

Classy but subtle, comfortable and reliable with an amazing interior with modern features

I'm looking at getting one myself. I'm undecided between the '04 and the '05.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Racer

how much are you selling them for with the exchange of the old ones.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Pro

i have a solution for you slow and low.. i want to have the backs cleared out and I can trade you my inspires in case someone wants the other ones. I can also trade you the stock ones temporarily if someone wants some help. I just want the amber removed and since youve done it ill trade my inspires if you can..

My bad... was thinking of the wrong person
Old 10-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Racer

Spooky3ce would you be will to pay like 375 for perfect condition inspires that still have the amber bulb cover in them? Because i want his without the amber thing and i still have my old tails so i can get these ones from him send him my old ones because i already have them off the car so he donst have to go around without tails for a few weeks. I install his on my car then sell you the ones I have after this. and im in california so maybee we could just trade if you are close to LA or i can ship for cheaper. What do you think.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Pro

slw and low.. you just stole my idea..... what the ....LOL.. whatever works man. you also hate that ugly amber yourself.>>> cant stand it...

i was going to go to glendale and see how much they would charge me too get it done>>

oh well...
Old 10-30-2004, 05:16 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by slownlow32tl
Spooky3ce would you be will to pay like 375 for perfect condition inspires that still have the amber bulb cover in them? Because i want his without the amber thing and i still have my old tails so i can get these ones from him send him my old ones because i already have them off the car so he donst have to go around without tails for a few weeks. I install his on my car then sell you the ones I have after this. and im in california so maybee we could just trade if you are close to LA or i can ship for cheaper. What do you think.
First of i want to clear some stuff up... What is the bulb cover you guys keep talking about??? and aren't they for 250-275??? Edit: Do New Inspire Tails that are $500.00 (if i were to buy them lets say off acura-tl.com store) come with the amber bulb cover???

So this is how i see it right now... correct me...

is it me or do i loose on this deal??? then again $375 compared to $500 for new ones sounds good... ...
        About trading... yeah i'm down to go to LA... just lets clear these things up for me first...
        Old 10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
        Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
        First of i want to clear some stuff up... What is the bulb cover you guys keep talking about??? and aren't they for 250-275??? Edit: Do New Inspire Tails that are $500.00 (if i were to buy them lets say off acura-tl.com store) come with the amber bulb cover???

So this is how i see it right now... correct me...

is it me or do i loose on this deal??? then again $375 compared to $500 for new ones sounds good... ...
              About trading... yeah i'm down to go to LA... just lets clear these things up for me first...

thats seems about right to me. yes, the inspires that you would buy brand new come with the amber chamber inside. you would have to break it inside the taillights and shake all of the broken pieces inside out through the existing holes. mine have already been taken out which is why slownlow32tl wants them.
              Old 10-30-2004, 05:36 PM
              Racer

You have it ALL WRONG!!!! heres what happens. I send my stock tails to TLlover. where he installs them and then sends me his inspires w/o amber cover. I get these and instal them on my car taking OFF my JDM inspires with the amber cover and then selling them to you for 375. SO TL lover get his stockers back, i get the inspires without the amber thing, and you get the JDM inspires from my car and get to keep your old stock tails. this way nobody has to go without tails for awhile and we are all happy. I basically just want to sell y old stocks and this way i can get rid of the little amber thing while im at it and you can get your inspires. The reason i would charge more for the inspires (*375) is because of the no trading stock tails thing. Do you see what im saying or is it just way to consfusing now? I think i have thought it all out.

Oh and ELA i didnt steal your idea i asked him about it in the black market section before you mantioned it to me.
              Old 10-30-2004, 05:42 PM
              Three Wheelin'

You have it ALL WRONG!!!! heres what happens. I send my stock tails to TLlover. where he installs them and then sends me his inspires w/o amber cover. I get these and instal them on my car taking OFF my JDM inspires with the amber cover and then selling them to you for 375. SO TL lover get his stockers back, i get the inspires without the amber thing, and you get the JDM inspires from my car and get to keep your old stock tails. this way nobody has to go without tails for awhile and we are all happy. I basically just want to sell y old stocks and this way i can get rid of the little amber thing while im at it and you can get your inspires. The reason i would charge more for the inspires (*375) is because of the no trading stock tails thing. Do you see what im saying or is it just way to consfusing now? I think i have thought it all out.

Oh and ELA i didnt steal your idea i asked him about it in the black market section before you mantioned it to me.

oh, my bad...sorry
              Old 10-30-2004, 06:20 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

So you are selling me your inspires that you have on w/ amber bulb covers... for 275 and your stock tails for $100 bucks...

So i end up with your inspire tails w/ amber bulb covers... and my own stock tails... for 375 bucks...
              slownlow32tl ends up with inspire tails w/o amber bulb covers... for 275... and supposadly sold me his stock tails for $100 bucks...
              TLover8888 ends up with slownlow32tl's slock tails and 275...

sounds good... now let me prepare the cash for this transaction... also slownlow32tl, if we can meet somewhere... that would be cool... just name a reasonable place... oh and Since i work every saturday from 12 to 4... and start work at 8a.m. mon-fri... it has to be between any weekend 5p.m Saturday and 12p.m. Sunday... I get off work right now at 6:00 p.m. so we can do this now... or wait until next weekend so that you can have time to send TLover8888 your tails and he can send you his...

Oh, and i'm giving you cash hommie...
              Old 10-30-2004, 06:23 PM
              Three Wheelin'

slownlow32tl,

if you plan to get them from me, can you tell me what method of payment that you are going to use?
              Old 10-30-2004, 06:59 PM
              Racer

Ok before anything goes down i want to be clear on what is going to happen so everyone is on the same page. OK here is the order of what will happen.
              1. I send TLLover my stock tails + 275 bucks
              2. TL lover installs them and takes off his inspires without the amber thing
              3. TLlover ships me the inspire tails without the amber thing
              4. I get them and install them taking OFF my inspires WITH the amber thing.
              5. Spooky and i meet up
              6. Spooky gives me $375
              7. I give spooky the inspires WITH the amber thing
              8. Spooky now has a set of inspires and he still has his stock tails.
              9. Spooky and i depart
              10. Thats all folks

Everyone cool with that?
              This is also assuming that TLLovers tails are in perfect condition with no leaks etc.
              Am i right to assume that TLLover?
              Old 10-30-2004, 07:10 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Ok before anything goes down i want to be clear on what is going to happen so everyone is on the same page. OK here is the order of what will happen.
              1. I send TLLover my stock tails + 275 bucks
              2. TL lover installs them and takes off his inspires without the amber thing
              3. TLlover ships me the inspire tails without the amber thing
              4. I get them and install them taking OFF my inspires WITH the amber thing.
              5. Spooky and i meet up
              6. Spooky gives me $375
              7. I give spooky the inspires WITH the amber thing
              8. Spooky now has a set of inspires and he still has his stock tails.
              9. Spooky and i depart
              10. Thats all folks

Everyone cool with that?
              This is also assuming that TLLovers tails are in perfect condition with no leaks etc.
              Am i right to assume that TLLover?
              I'm cool with the above... ... so next weekend will be the transaction date??? I'm also assuming that about your inspires also... Here is the quote w/ a bit of mod... lol...
              This is also assuming that slownlow32tl's tails are in perfect condition with no leaks etc.
              Am i right to assume that slownlow32tl?
              For some reason, i feel a lot of dis-trust with this transaction... but if it will get my car looking JDM... GO FOR IT!!!
              Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 AM
              Racer

I not saying i dont trust you guys im just trying to make sure every one is col because once you get out of the two person dealing range it can get kinda crazy.

And yes Spooky my tails are 100% perfect condition. I give you my word on that!!!
              and maybe when we meet up we can just do the installs together too. that way it can be just like BOOM everything is done.

Oh and this prolly wont go down next weekend because i have to ship my stockers to NY (4-5days) then he has to ship his inspires to me (4-5 days) then we have to arrange a meet and what not.
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:20 AM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Done deal!!!

I not saying i dont trust you guys im just trying to make sure every one is col because once you get out of the two person dealing range it can get kinda crazy.

And yes Spooky my tails are 100% perfect condition. I give you my word on that!!!
              and maybe when we meet up we can just do the installs together too. that way it can be just like BOOM everything is done.

Oh and this prolly wont go down next weekend because i have to ship my stockers to NY (4-5days) then he has to ship his inspires to me (4-5 days) then we have to arrange a meet and what not.
              Hell yeah, sounds great... lol on the trust thing... yeah i'll bring my rachet and socket... besides, since you are a TL owner, especially 1st gen... from what i've read and seen everyone can be counted on by just their word here... I have very high respect for all of you... hope that never goes away... ...

Oh, about the 4-5 days to NY and then 4-5 days back from NY depending if you guys have about 1 to 2 days to deliver... i think about 2 weeks right??? If you guys are quick about it... which i doubt because everyone knows, shit happens, you never know when something might happen that you need a couple extra days... its either on the weekend of the 13th and 14th of November... or between the 20 and 21st of November... Its fine with me like this i won't be so tight on cash these next couple of weeks and we can plan things...

PM me for further details and when they arrive and you are ready for the "mini meet" like jatt created... lol...

Also my e-mail address that i check only (1) Once a day... is spooky_3ce@yahoo.com

Pleasure doing business with you guys...

I forgot to ask... POST PICS!!! lol...
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:52 AM
              Racer

You can see pics of my inspires on my cardomain site. http://www.cardomain.com/id/slownlow32tl There are some good pics of the back in there.

Oh and ill try and get them shipped out on Mon.

Oh and TLLover what is you address. You can PM me that
              And i have a paypal account so i can just do it that way.
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:28 AM
              Pro

hey spookey.. wanna do your car that saturday????
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:49 AM
              -glock security-

slownlow32tl - i noticed you dony have a sunroof or heated mirrors. what year is your car? i am taking it that it does not have the premium package? yours is the first i seen without a sunroof.
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:57 AM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I'd have to bring about 9 more bills right??? I'll have to see how i'm on cash... lol... my pockets aren't that deep... in other words i'm going broke... i have to increase some cash flow first... besides i like putting miles on my TL... let me save up a couple of bills, better said... if we can wait i'll hit you up with a G... like i said... right now i'm tight... I want these tails... but i do need the timeing belt thing done...

$375
              +$900
              _______
              $1275.00 in one weekend... that will leave me with about 25 bucks for gas for both my TL and Accord... for 2 weeks... i wouldn't be able to do that... sorry to sound like a flake, but like i said... not that much cash... it'll be cool if we can wait on that for a while... will it be cool to do it probably December or even in January... just so i can save up a G... that would be cool... Maybe another meet will spring up... that would be bad ass...
              Old 10-31-2004, 02:03 AM
              Racer

Its a 96. And it only doesnt have the sun roof heated mirors/seats and power pass seat. Oh and No TCS but i dont care bout that sice i got my CAI.

Oh and spooky y 900 bucks?
              Old 10-31-2004, 02:11 AM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Its a 96. And it only doesnt have the sun roof heated mirors/seats and power pass seat. Oh and No TCS but i dont care bout that sice i got my CAI.

Oh and spooky y 900 bucks?
              Your car looks cool... can't wait to see it in real life...

Oh about the 9 bills... click here...

I got a quote from the dealer... here in Seaside, CA at BUTTS Acura... and they told me to change the timing belt ONLY... was about $1,300 to $1,500... cash i didn't have back when i was between 120,000 to 130,000 miles... Now about 40,000 miles later (I have 170,000 now) i think its about time i get it done... I at least have to get it done before the 200,000 mile mark... but my cash is low... real low, barely got the cash for the tails but i can't pass out on them... i don't know when another good buy like this will come my way... Besides ELA.TL's tails looked awsome at the meet last Sunday...
              Old 10-31-2004, 03:26 AM
              Racer

You might try calling Acura of pasadena they are always really good to me. My guy whandee is a real good guy and knows about our 1st gens. Might call him and see how much they want if your going to be around this area when we do the install and what not. Just a suggestion since i think they are the best dealer in the LA area.
              Old 10-31-2004, 01:03 PM
              Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
              Just a thought, I took my car to firestone and they changed my belt for me for 400 bucks after taxes, i'd look into a place like that. On a side note, what is different about the Inspire's if they have the amber lense in them?
              Old 10-31-2004, 03:08 PM
              Racer

They still look 100X better than the stocks but its like having an amber bulb under the clear part. So you cant really tell but it has a hint of amber to it. But it is 100% legal which is good. Ill prolly just put one of those amber bulbs that are coated silver in the new ones just to be legal.
              Old 10-31-2004, 07:55 PM
              Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
              i guess its a done deal.. lolz i was gonna try and find some time to come and make the trade... let me know what happens
              Old 10-31-2004, 08:32 PM
              Three Wheelin'

damn, lol...i wish you told me earlier, i would have done the trade with you.

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
              i guess its a done deal.. lolz i was gonna try and find some time to come and make the trade... let me know what happens
              Old 11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
              Pro

spooky dont even trip.. whenever you get a chance... he aint going anywhere...LOL
              Old 11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
              Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
              TLover8888

If your trade falls thru. I live in Queens NY and would do the trade and throw some cash your way for your inspires.

If you want drop me an e-mail at Bobbys_TL@yahoo.com
              Old 11-02-2004, 06:32 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I'm way ahead of schedule here... i'm packed and ready to go get slownlow32tl's inspires w/ amber bulb covers... of course this has to follow through and not fall through... there would only be two possibilities of this transaction not going fully through... 1. you make the deal with TLover8888 leaving me and slownlow32tl left out in the cold to completely die of confusion why the tails never reached slownlow32tl... 2. TLover8888 follows through with the transaction but slownlow32tl doesn't make the transaction with me so he get 2 sets of inspires... and the unlikelyhood of #3... I get shot and die and get jacked for 375 bucks...

If any of the above doesn't happen... then everyone will be happy and get what they want...
              Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 PM
              Racer

I already shipped the tails and sent the payment so its already begun going through
              and i will for shure get you my inspires i dont want two sets of tails, thats the whole point of this confusing transaction
              Old 11-09-2004, 01:22 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Any Update...???...???...???

I already shipped the tails and sent the payment so its already begun going through
              and i will for shure get you my inspires i dont want two sets of tails, thats the whole point of this confusing transaction
              Alright, i got the PM's too...

Anyways, i wanted to point out to you that this Saturday i'm going to take my Mom to Yuma, AZ... i take I-5 down to 280 Pasadena... so... i wanted to ask when are we going to do this Transaction... TLover8888 should have gotten them on already and sent right??? Any updates on that??? My car looks funny with clear corner in the front and yellows in the back... kind of like my teeth... but thats besides the point... me need inspires!!! lol...
              Old 11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
              Racer

Didnt you get my post message? TLlover said one of my stocks was no good so he is sending them back. So this whole thing is not going to be going down. im sorry.
              Old 11-09-2004, 09:10 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Didn't get that last one where you said that...

that sucks... ok... i guess i'll save the cash for something else...
              Well, thanks for trying guys... i don't know what wouldn't work??? Its just the cover... what wouldn't work??? all TL's have the 2 bulbed harness here in the US... so your stocks should have worked... I'd understand you saying that the inspires didnt work because of the two bulbs and the inspires only having 1 socket thingy... Oh well... again, thanks for trying...
              Old 11-09-2004, 10:03 PM
              Pro

sorry too hear that spook...i know how much you wanted them...
              Old 11-09-2004, 10:13 PM
              Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by ELA.TL
              sorry too hear that spook...i know how much you wanted them...
              oh well... i'll just need to save up a couple more bucks... $150... and i can get them off this site (a-tl shop) i had everything planned and everything... its cool though... no hard feeling on this... i'll just in my little corner now...

At the meet i couldn't stop staring at yours... they look bad ass!!!

Quick Reply: getting rid of my '96 and inspires for sale