F'd up my gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 06:21 PM
cr8
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F'd up my gauges.

Hey guys,
I am a new poster but have been lurking for a while and I really appreciate the informative posts here. Anyways, two things I am asking for help with:

I attempted to install my indiglo gauges myself and in the process, broke off the fuel needle and now the other gauges do not move. Based on the posts here the unmoving gauges are likely a clearance problem but the fuel gauge is shot. So I was wondering what guys who totally screwed their gauges did. Any recommended repair shops (found some online)? New cluster? It looks really nice though......

Is there an online schematic of the parts of our car with the part numbers? I am looking to replace my cracked dash piece (the one with one vent, gauge shroud, clock and then two vents) and want to make sure that I am dealing with the correct part.

Thanks for any help.

Cr8
Old 08-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
if i were u.. new cluster... ebay is ur friend...
Old 08-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
if i were u.. new cluster... ebay is ur friend...

couldn't say it better than that...
Old 08-20-2004, 10:14 PM
All about JDM

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...ry4=&catcgry5=

This has schematics and all the parts in the schematics. You should be able to find what u are lookin for.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:39 PM
cr8
Cruisin'

Thanks for the replies guys! I talked to a local tech and he said that I could probably change the fuel gauge myself. The dealer quoted me $278 for a new one But I have a connection inside so hopefully it will be cheaper. I need to trim the overlays and see if that helps. I plan to exhaust all avenues before buying a new cluster.

982.5tl, that was exactly what the doctor ordered! It even had a diagram!

Thanks again guys and I'll let you know what happened.

Cr8
Old 08-20-2004, 11:46 PM
All about JDM

Glad to help!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
a new cluster runs about 100$ on ebay w/ all the overlays and clear cover...
Old 08-29-2004, 09:35 AM
ballin and baldin

i paid $60 for a new cluster

i bought it so if i fucked it up it wouldnt matter
Old 08-29-2004, 06:50 PM
cr8
Cruisin'

Yeah, I got one for 100 on ebay with a 1 year warranty. Shitty thing is right after I bid on it another one came on for half the price. Oh well, such is ebay. By the way guys is it okay to cut into the indiglo area on the gauge overlay? I was going to try and widen the hole to solve needle clearance problems and to ease installation.

Cr8
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 PM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
can anyone here who's installed their new indiglow gages (sucessfuly) post a thread on how to do it??? I want some, but everyone seems to $*&# them up....??
Old 09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by SurfingScotty
can anyone here who's installed their new indiglow gages (sucessfuly) post a thread on how to do it??? I want some, but everyone seems to $*&# them up....??
If anyone else doesn't post it up before this weekend... i'll do it... i have the gauges but plan to put them in this Sunday...9/26/04 my only day off before my vacation in October...

Here's part of the process... click here...
Old 09-25-2004, 01:14 PM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Thanks Spooky! You're a stud! I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone on this thread who's installed their gages, it just seems like everyone has run into a number of problems while installing them, and I didn't want to drop more money on my car for a stupid mistake I made. Rather let someone else figure it out first.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by SurfingScotty
Thanks Spooky! You're a stud! I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone on this thread who's installed their gages, it just seems like everyone has run into a number of problems while installing them, and I didn't want to drop more money on my car for a stupid mistake I made. Rather let someone else figure it out first.
Well, my only day off is tomorrow... Sunday 9/26/04 and today 9/25/04 i'm off at 5pm from work sooo, i'll start it off with the glow gauges today, take pics and post them tomorrow morning so you'll have all Sunday to follow the pics I post...hopefully... I'll also have the hyper ground system installed on Sunday... so i'll post that on Monday...
Old 09-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

More bad news then good...

First off... I installed the gauges correctly... everything works...

EXCEPT!!! that when i push on the gas, my gauges don't move... everything works... but i think either i blew a fuse cause my turn signals don't blink anymore... or something... so i left everything half done since it got late... so tomorrow i'll finish taking pics and installing them...

wish me luck...
Old 09-26-2004, 10:15 AM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Good Luck!!! Let us know how it turns out!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll try to remember to post some instructions when I get home...I'm at work right now. IF you want to check out my cardomain website, that has pictures on how everything went for my install. I found it very difficult to get the guages over the old ones because the needles hang off the back so badly. The Speedometer and Tach are ok, but the little one's were impossible...I actually cut a little notch out of my gas and temp guages so I could get the damn things over the needles...then i had to make sure where I cut didnt stick up and cause the needles to stick. it was a pain, but I got it done. My signature has my cardomain site if you want to see some pics of my install...hope it helps
Old 09-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I recommend Profesional Installation!!! Then you'll have someone to blam...lol

lol... ok... i put them in... i got the pictures... but i didn't connect the wires so they don't light up yet... i wan't to find out what wire is the one to connect to the select lever that turnes the parking lights and head lights on so that when i turn the headlight on the gauges go on and when i turn them off the gauges turn off... anyone know what wire i could connect this to??? I was thinking of getting direct connection from the battery and installing an on and off switch... Instructions say not to connect to dimmer switch because it might burn out the gauges... oh and like the title says on this thread... I Also F'd up my gauges... not the glow gauges but my RPM, MPH and Fuel Gauge... lol... it sucks... the temp gauge is fine i just need to put the needle back correctly... YES, THE NEEDLES CAN BE TAKEN OFF!!! i took mine off... then put them on... but when i tried to take my fuel needle off again... it broke... so be carefull if you are doing it yourself... now i need to get the little thing/motor for the fuel gauge... Sunday 10/3/04 i start my week vacation so i can drive the car w/o knowing what speed i'm going, how much fuel i have so i can go to the dealer Monday 10/4/04 to see what i can buy to fix these problems... also... my SRS light is on the dash... i'm affraid my air bags might deploy and knock me out while i'm driving... so that fear sucks... i'm going to have to ask the dealership to check the airbags... well i guess I'm not going to The Lowrider Super Show 10/10/04... ... i'll post the pics next week... sorry for the wait guys... Also, that little box under the stereo that all of you thought was the "stock boss amp" its not... its the SRS unit... i think its for your airbags... ... ...
Old 09-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spooky3ce
lol... ok... i put them in... i got the pictures... but i didn't connect the wires so they don't light up yet... i wan't to find out what wire is the one to connect to the select lever that turnes the parking lights and head lights on so that when i turn the headlight on the gauges go on and when i turn them off the gauges turn off... anyone know what wire i could connect this to??? I was thinking of getting direct connection from the battery and installing an on and off switch... Instructions say not to connect to dimmer switch because it might burn out the gauges... oh and like the title says on this thread... I Also F'd up my gauges... not the glow gauges but my RPM, MPH and Fuel Gauge... lol... it sucks... the temp gauge is fine i just need to put the needle back correctly... YES, THE NEEDLES CAN BE TAKEN OFF!!! i took mine off... then put them on... but when i tried to take my fuel needle off again... it broke... so be carefull if you are doing it yourself... now i need to get the little thing/motor for the fuel gauge... Sunday 10/3/04 i start my week vacation so i can drive the car w/o knowing what speed i'm going, how much fuel i have so i can go to the dealer Monday 10/4/04 to see what i can buy to fix these problems... also... my SRS light is on the dash... i'm affraid my air bags might deploy and knock me out while i'm driving... so that fear sucks... i'm going to have to ask the dealership to check the airbags... well i guess I'm not going to The Lowrider Super Show 10/10/04... ... i'll post the pics next week... sorry for the wait guys... Also, that little box under the stereo that all of you thought was the "stock boss amp" its not... its the SRS unit... i think its for your airbags... ... ...
Spooky,

I did mine last Friday, hooked them up to the power from the dimmer switch to the left of the steering wheel just under the gauge pod. Works perfect! As for getting the gauges on, I had a little trouble, but not too much fitting them over the needles. You just have to make sure that you slide the long end on, then slide the gauge as far towards the BACK of the needle as possible, going ther the round part of the needle. And pull down. It will go. I will try and post pics/full instructions as well the weekend if no-one else gets to it first, as I have to take the gauge pod apart again to fix the vent I broke installing them.