:::: Dusted A Rice Burnin Accord::::

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:::: Dusted A Rice Burnin Accord::::

I had an accord pull up to me at the light about 2 or 3 days ago at about 2 or 3 in the mornin (long night of partying) some fat asian kid and some hot chick with his windows down and his music all loud. Im not gonna lie his accord was smooth nice paint and body kit with some rims. He looks over at me and gives me the nod...im thinking "this guy must be nutz"...so i wait for the light then i pull off on em...the next light was about 1/2 or 3/4 mile down the road...im like 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of this guy...so i pull up at the light and wait for him and as he's pullin up he had all his windows up and he didnt even want to pull up right next to me... he stopped at my bumper so i put it in park and come out my sunroof and did my finger like guns and blew the smoke off the barrel and put em in my holster and the guy gave me the finger then i blew a kiss at his chick and got back in the car...that right there was one for my lifetime highlight reel! I guess he had a 4 banger...it feels good to show these punk kids what a luxo cruiser with an extra cylinder can do...MAN I LOVE MY CAR! CAN WE SAY
Old 10-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Haha, nice. Thats funny stuff.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:25 PM
aw1
Pro

funny!!! all these toy cars are for looks..
Old 10-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, awesome story, the ending is the greatest part though, thats where all the funny usually is
Old 10-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Banned

Haha, that is funny. I agree about keeping them classy. I miss my Accord that was all imported out, but I also kept that clean and classy too. But ya our TL's, they get up and go.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:59 AM
808 TL Scene Photographer

Hahaha Pwnd!!!

I have a friend with a fully bolted 4 banger accord and he was talkin mad shit about how is car is fast so i was like let's race. we lined up had my friend do the whole import chick waving the rag thing. At first all i did was spin tires then once i hooked up i smoked him by like a car and a half length in less than a 1/4 mile.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Racer

You know what I hate? The fact that people want to race TLs... A TL was not meant for racing, it's a touring car... It's not an Integra.

Good story man... I too love the look on others faces once they lose to a huge, 4 door sedan.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
Anybody have a guess how much faster a 3.2 is over a 2.5 if any? I mean it puts out more power but I'm pretty sure it weighs more. The 2.5 was marketed as the sporty version so is it possible that one is faster?
Old 10-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro

my best kill story was coming from Q's over in pasadena about 2am (Qs is a club) and were on a stop light with a Honda Accord being first, a stupid Mercedes 320 and me 2.5 TL. The accord and I were being stupid both having a good time at the stop light and were like lets go. When the light turns green we both punch it and were off, I beat it really quickly since he had like 5 people in the car and it was just my buddy and I, so I just chill. Out of the blue the freakin mercedes passes me going preety fast. But you see the freeway were going into is the 110 (oldest freeway in LA super curvy) so i gun it and catch up to this guy. On the straight aways, which there arent many he passes me, on the curves I leave him, so when hes trying to catch up too me in a curve hes doing about 95 , too fast for a car that has not had anything done to its suspension and almost looses it. My passenger was shitting bricks cause he thought he was going to hit us from the side and I gun it. I left this guy saw through my rear view mirror he had gotten control of his car, and being the immature person at the time, i slow down all the way to 45 in the freeway waiting for this guy too pass me up and too my surprise he just stood behind me about 100 feet away. It was stupid of course and his girl passenger got pale over the incident. Im just glad nothing bad happened cause that would definately not be good news but since nothing did happen It was preety funny.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Racer

HAHA good stuff guys. i was drivin home with a friend of mine tonite...around 930 and this nasty turd green neon pulls up and cuts off, me being a safe and well manared driver i ignore it and jus keep on drivin. about half a mile up i c the same guy standing at the light. so i pull up and wait for the green light......then the asshole starts revin his engine at me, now sure hes manual transmision got the body kit and the spoiler the rims the hood scoop and the blah blah blah. so as hes revin i give him a lil wink like its go time buddy. light turns green dude is peelin out and all this crap i didnt wanna punish my sweetie for some dudes stupid behavior so i let her off nice until she gets into 2nd n then floor it...guy was about a car ahead at this point... but after i floored i jus fleeeeeew by his ass he tried to keep up but realized it was no contest when we hit around 95mph. after that he jus shifted into my lane n stayed behind me right where he belonged.... i no its not the best storie but the look on his face when a 4 door sedan killed his lil domestic ricer was priceless guys........O YEA drive safe
Old 11-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by naba2002
HAHA good stuff guys. i was drivin home with a friend of mine tonite...around 930 and this nasty turd green neon pulls up and cuts off, me being a safe and well manared driver i ignore it and jus keep on drivin. about half a mile up i c the same guy standing at the light. so i pull up and wait for the green light......then the asshole starts revin his engine at me, now sure hes manual transmision got the body kit and the spoiler the rims the hood scoop and the blah blah blah. so as hes revin i give him a lil wink like its go time buddy. light turns green dude is peelin out and all this crap i didnt wanna punish my sweetie for some dudes stupid behavior so i let her off nice until she gets into 2nd n then floor it...guy was about a car ahead at this point... but after i floored i jus fleeeeeew by his ass he tried to keep up but realized it was no contest when we hit around 95mph. after that he jus shifted into my lane n stayed behind me right where he belonged.... i no its not the best storie but the look on his face when a 4 door sedan killed his lil domestic ricer was priceless guys........O YEA drive safe
DOWN WITH THE NEON!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by wackjum
Anybody have a guess how much faster a 3.2 is over a 2.5 if any? I mean it puts out more power but I'm pretty sure it weighs more. The 2.5 was marketed as the sporty version so is it possible that one is faster?
About a 1/2 second faster 0 - 60. After 60mph the 3.2 has a bit more spread thanks to the torque.

BTW, the 2.5 is UNDERRATED in power. It really puts out around 185 to 190 hp plus it has some fairly aggressive gearing
Old 11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Great info...

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
About a 1/2 second faster 0 - 60. After 60mph the 3.2 has a bit more spread thanks to the torque.

BTW, the 2.5 is UNDERRATED in power. It really puts out around 185 to 190 hp plus it has some fairly aggressive gearing
Man... i'll have to try to give you some points for that one... i really did not know that ken... i always thought my little I-5 just put out the 170ish... about the shifting... i have to agree... if i just touch it, it shifts down and then when it get to a decent RPM... don't know my speed cause i don't have a speedo no more... it returns to a nice steady gear... never really thought any of it... good to know though... now it makes sense why my tranny shift like it does...
Old 11-09-2004, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why bother underrating an engine. Acura think that the output of the I-5 was too close to that of a 3.2? because i was under the impression that the 3.2 was heavily underated!
Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by vishnus11
why bother underrating an engine. Acura think that the output of the I-5 was too close to that of a 3.2? because i was under the impression that the 3.2 was heavily underated!
Well.. here's the reason..

Back in the early 90's there was the Legend (200 hp) and the Vigor (176 hp)

Acura wanted to keep the Vigor a bit underrated so it wouldn't infringe on Legend sales.

Yes, both engines are underrated but the 2.5 is even more so.

With the 3.2 TL (200 hp) and the RL (210 hp until 2002) its even more close.