clear markers on sides of headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 02:20 AM
1998 3.2TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clear markers on sides of headlights

I recently had my headlights replaced by a reputable bodyshop but the headlight bulbs are significantly brighter than the bulbs in the clear markers that are on the sides of the headlights (the white lights on the sides of the lights, not the yellow fogs or orange bumper markers).

Does anyone know the bulb type that goes into these or a specific brand or type that would be as bright as the pseudo-xenon headlights?

I might just take it back and ask them to take care of it. I think this is a small request considering it was a $6,700 front-end job.

Petie

98 TL 3.2
Old 02-17-2005, 03:20 AM
Intermediate

i was told that your side markers had to be that amber color, couldnt be hid....
Old 02-17-2005, 12:14 PM
giggity giggity giggity

you can put hyperwhites in there...here's what mine looked like:

Old 02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are those all hyperwhites? Like a complete set, cause they all look damned nice together.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Racer

what bulbs do you use cuz they look like they come in a package the match together perfectly...mine dont match that good they're kinda off one is more yellowish that the other and they are both suppose to be hyper white. if you can give me a brand or model number that would kick ass...thanks!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Racer

My parking lights are supposed to be hyperwhite. But they're not.

Yes, my car is a bit dirty.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered Driver

They are very... blue...

I love all 3 matching white, are the blinkers matching white also?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:42 PM
TL no more!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's what mine looks like matching to SilverStars:

Old 02-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here's mine with the superwhites...they don't look QUITE that blue in real life.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
giggity giggity giggity

Mine did not come in a pack...they are all from different packages. The headlights were EuroDezigns I think, and the others were the same brand I got at Pep Boys, of all places. I ordered hyperwhites online, but they ended up like yours Vincent...they were blue (they were actually just painted bulbs..very cheap). My blinkers were blue (on purpose) but I changed to an amber bulb.

WolfpackBill, yours look good too.

Cornflake, yours don't look bad because they match the headlights.

Just checked and the headlights in that pic are EuroDezign 4000k or 6000k or something like that..the corners and everything else are Polarg M-4 . I got all the bulbs on eBay and they are all "super white."

Edit: I don't remember if I got the other bulbs online or at PepShit. You can definitely get them online.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Racer

I guess I got the decent sidemarker lights than. Mine are clear on the outside but the actual light turns out blue. It's a LCD though so it looks like a dot of light during the day. I think I have the same sidemarker lights as Cornflake.

I think I might get some of those SilverStar sidemarker blubs for my TL... They would match a lot better with my highlights.

I have EuroDezines 6000K Blue Kryptonites... But mine barely have any color to them. And they actually look white rather than blue. I also have their 6000K H3 blubs but have yet to do the conversion to put them in.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:02 PM
1998 3.2TL

hey HQuakers, do the Polarg M-4's have a blue tint at all? The outer coating is blue but from your pic, they look completely white. I want ones that are white (like yours) so they match my headlights.

thanks,

Petie

98 TL 3.2
Old 02-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Just to clarify....those are super whites (really a tinge blue) in the sidemarkers and bumper lights, the headlights are actual HID's. Thanks man, they actually ALL look not so blue in real life.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Originally Posted by Vincent
I have EuroDezines 6000K Blue Kryptonites... But mine barely have any color to them. And they actually look white rather than blue. I also have their 6000K H3 blubs but have yet to do the conversion to put them in.
Those are the headlight bulbs I have in my pic..no HIDs. And to clarify the bulbs are blue on the outside, but the light shines through them...

also Vincent, you're right...the LEDs will be clear and have a completely different color come through..that's just how they are. Same with the concentrated light instead of an 'ambient' light from a bulb.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Racer

Well, my bulbs have a blue tint on the outside... It is possible that it faded enough to make the light appear white... They have been in there for 9 months.

But my lights aren't real HID either (though it says that on the package). I'm guessing we have the same brand of blubs, just different color.

Oh well... It's a lot better than paying $200-300 for a read HID unit. I only have to pay $7 for a replacement pair if they ever burn out or fade.:-D
Old 03-19-2005, 05:05 AM
1998 3.2TL

Originally Posted by HQuakers
Mine did not come in a pack...they are all from different packages. The headlights were EuroDezigns I think, and the others were the same brand I got at Pep Boys, of all places. I ordered hyperwhites online, but they ended up like yours Vincent...they were blue (they were actually just painted bulbs..very cheap). My blinkers were blue (on purpose) but I changed to an amber bulb.

WolfpackBill, yours look good too.

Cornflake, yours don't look bad because they match the headlights.

Just checked and the headlights in that pic are EuroDezign 4000k or 6000k or something like that..the corners and everything else are Polarg M-4 . I got all the bulbs on eBay and they are all "super white."

Edit: I don't remember if I got the other bulbs online or at PepShit. You can definitely get them online.

I just put the Polarg M-4s in for my corner lamps and they are SWEET. In fact, they are brighter than my headlights, so now I think I'm goinig to pick up some silverstars from walmart to match. Not HID, but it'll do the job for now.

Anyway, Polarg is good stuff.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Glad to hear it worked out ok!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:07 PM
LDH
I

I went to go get new light bulbs for my friends car and we couldnt find the Polarg M-4's so we ended up getting PIAA Platinum's. It was like 15-16 bucks for two 194 bulbs.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:57 AM
1998 3.2TL

FYI if you're looking for matching headlights and corners, the Polarg M4s and Silverstars don't exactly match.

The Polargs are a bright white light with a faint blue tint, which is exactly what I wanted (definitely the best look, hands down), BUT the Silverstars are just bright white, they don't have a bluish tint at all. I think I'm going to try to return the Silverstars and look for a different brand that would go well with the Polargs.

Soooo, does anyone happen to know a good headlight bulb that would match the Polarg M4 corners?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:06 AM
1998 3.2TL

Originally Posted by Petie
FYI if you're looking for matching headlights and corners, the Polarg M4s and Silverstars don't exactly match.

The Polargs are a bright white light with a faint blue tint, which is exactly what I wanted (definitely the best look, hands down), BUT the Silverstars are just bright white, they don't have a bluish tint at all. I think I'm going to try to return the Silverstars and look for a different brand that would go well with the Polargs.

Soooo, does anyone happen to know a good headlight bulb that would match the Polarg M4 corners?
That may seem like a backwards question, but the Polargs are so nice that headlights to match would be awesome. But just for kicks, if you don't know a headlight bulb that would go well with the Polarg corners, how about corner bulbs that would go well with the Silverstars?

Thanks ahead of time
Old 07-14-2005, 02:52 AM
WDP- lovin' every minute!

I just bought polargs all teh way around and my stock bulbs look yellow next to it .... now im gonna need to buy teh head lights and fogs..... eurodezigns is what im leaning towards... one question though... which ones 6000K or 8500K??? from my experience the higher the number the more bluish/purplish the appearance of the light gets... i just want it to match the polargs!!! somebody please hook it up with the info if you ahve done this and know the match!!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:03 AM
1998 3.2TL

6000k will look white, 8500k will look white with that faint blue-ish tint.. I think the 8500k would be the closer match to the polargs, but not really sure about Eurodesignz..

I swapped out my polargs for LEDs in both the bumper and headlight corner lamps, and they are WHITE.. I should have took a pic of the LED next to the polarg.. if you think polargs are sweet, you should see the LEDs.. LED is to polarg as polarg is to your stock headlight.. lol, if you can follow that
Old 07-14-2005, 03:04 AM
1998 3.2TL

I forgot to mention.. the LEDs make the silverstar headlights look like crap, so now I'm headlight shopping also.. let me know what you come up with.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:26 PM

bump
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
piaa corner lights are crappy. I got the superwhite, now they're superamber. I bought the polarg now, dunno how long it will lasts.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Instructor

I went with white LEDs up front in mine as well.

They don't really match my eurodesignz 8500k fogs or headlights that well though.

I don't imagine silverstars would either.

I DO, however, think a HID kit would match white LEDs perfectly. It is hard to explain how the LEDs look, because when you light them up, they look solid white, but next to regular halogens, they look different.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by KelloggTL
I went with white LEDs up front in mine as well.

They don't really match my eurodesignz 8500k fogs or headlights that well though.

I don't imagine silverstars would either.

I DO, however, think a HID kit would match white LEDs perfectly. It is hard to explain how the LEDs look, because when you light them up, they look solid white, but next to regular halogens, they look different.
You might wanna try the lights I have (my car's on the left BTW of that pic).

I have the EuroDezigns 8500K and I had some white LEDs (which were supposed to be white but were blue instead, I complained about it earlier in this thread).

After getting my clear bumperlights, I had to find some good, matching lights. I saw these Cyberwhite (or Cyberwhites) brand lights. I used 194s on the parking lights and sidemarkers (even though that's not what you're supposed to use, they work fine) and 7440 for the turn signals.

They look surprisingly good with the EuroDezigns.

You can find the lights at Wal-Mart in the automotive department. They're natural glass, unlike the EuroDezign headlights, so they won't fade. They're kinda expensive though at $4.44 for a pair (194 or 7440) but it's better than having to $8 shipping on $3 lights on eBay.

Here's a pic of just the parking lights, they look a bit off in the picture for some strange reason.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:42 AM

hsouldve posted earlier vincent! i bought the euro 6000K for the headlights and fogs looks like 8500K was teh way to go damn it..... oh well waht can you do

anyways i have one more question for anybody that has done this could you please give me a step-by-step instruction on how to convert from H3C to H3?!
i know you ahve to ground something and i tried searching but the instructions were vague to say the least.... any help is GREATLY appreciated
Old 07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Instructor

Thanks Vincent, going to go to walmart and get those bulbs. That price is still cheaper than LEDs shipped to you.

As far as converting the fogs, it is very easy.

Go buy some wire, some ring ends, and some "plug" ends.

Simply put a plug end on one end of the wire, and the ring end on the other.

The wire coming from your new foglight will plug into the existing socket. You take your wire you fabbed up, plug the "plug" end into the other side of the existing socket, and attach the ring end to one of the screws that holds the fog light housing in.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:46 PM

by plug what do u mean? like a little y or actual bulb plug??? I understand the ring part. the plug is a little vague, ill have to check it out when i receive the bulbs so i an get a better idea of how everything should go... thanks alot kellogg
PICS eould be great if anyone could post them i appreciate it greatly!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Racer

Cali, you can just return the lights to EuroDezigns by saying they're not blue enough and they'll send you a replace pair which will be the 8500K ones. But alas, it costs your $7 and the difference is very, very minimal.

Also, here are some info/pics to go with Kellogg's instructions.
H3 bulbs have a + wire already connected to them. You just need another wire that is about the same length and has a similar male lead as the H3's. If you take the H3 bulb to a Home Depot or something, I'm sure they can make you the connectors or show you how to. It's fairly cheap.

Next, just loosen the metal plate of the foglight housing (loosen, don't take the screws off) and wrap the connector around it. You can soldier it but it's not necessary. The weather seal will help hold everything in place as long as you don't yank on it. And on the driver side, you'lll need to remove the battery otherwise it's nearly impossible to get to.

As you can see, the blue wire is what the H3s came with. The red one is one that I had my shop teacher make for me (it took him a minute to make me two).

And there's everything connected. Put some black electrical tape around the two male leads and female lead.

Also, before you do this, I thought you'd like to see the end result. They're both EuroDezign 8500K blue bulbs (H4 and H3, obviously). The colors don't match with the blue Euro H4s but it looks really nice. With the stock halogen H4s bulbs, the H3 Euros look really nice too (the headlights are another story). You'll probably need an very, very, very blue color blub just to get it to match the EuroDezign H4s.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:17 PM
Intermediate

For the people that have HIDs in this thread, can you tell me which brands you have and where did you get them from?

I also want to know how long they have lasted.

I am considering getting a pair, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I heard Phillips were good.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Instructor

Found the 194s at walmart, but no 7440s
Old 07-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KelloggTL
Found the 194s at walmart, but no 7440s
If I can find some, I can pick them up for you (you gotta pay me the cost and shipping though).

Otherwise, there's a seller on eBay who sells these generic 7440 natural glass blubs. You can try those, they're nearly the same thing as the Cyberwhites when I used them for a short bit.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Instructor

I was thinking about rewiring the front turn signals to the honda ones so that they stay on all the time(when you have your lights on), and use a 3157 bulb I believe.

If i do decide to not do that, and can't find the 7440s at another walmart we have here, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Sean
Old 07-28-2005, 07:17 AM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Cornflake
Just to clarify....those are super whites (really a tinge blue) in the sidemarkers and bumper lights, the headlights are actual HID's. Thanks man, they actually ALL look not so blue in real life.
HID, meaning a HID conversion kit? If so, how do you like yours? HOw much did you spend? I'm looking at buying one right now and I want some info from others. Also, how easy was it to install? THanks Corn!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Originally Posted by SurfingScotty
HID, meaning a HID conversion kit? If so, how do you like yours? HOw much did you spend? I'm looking at buying one right now and I want some info from others. Also, how easy was it to install? THanks Corn!
Mine isn't a full conversion. It's an H4 HID FITTMENT. Meaning, there's no prper HID lens/reflector, it's just and HID bulb in the stock socket. The TL's aren't bad fror beam refraction, so I really like it still. I got it for free from a friend who had it on his Land Rover but on his truck it was too dispersed, kept getting high beams from other drivers, so he got pissed, tore it out and gave it to me.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
2007 6SMT Type-S

So now I'm totally confused. Does anyone know a good corner bulb that matches well w/ SilverStars??? I had some bulbs over a year ago that looked tight...too bad I can't remember the brand. The ones I have now are WAY too blue. Help?
Old 07-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Cornflake
Mine isn't a full conversion. It's an H4 HID FITTMENT. Meaning, there's no prper HID lens/reflector, it's just and HID bulb in the stock socket. The TL's aren't bad fror beam refraction, so I really like it still. I got it for free from a friend who had it on his Land Rover but on his truck it was too dispersed, kept getting high beams from other drivers, so he got pissed, tore it out and gave it to me.
So you have an HID filament in a stock headlight unit? Do you have any pics? I'd think that the light would be all over the place... I could understand if you had a HID filament in the foglights (as they're projector-ish) but no in the regular headlight units...

Scotty, Silverstar makes matching super white bulbs for everything you need... headlights, foglights (H3s which you have to convert), turn signals, sidemarkets, and parking lights.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:15 PM
2007 6SMT Type-S

Originally Posted by Vincent
So you have an HID filament in a stock headlight unit? Do you have any pics? I'd think that the light would be all over the place... I could understand if you had a HID filament in the foglights (as they're projector-ish) but no in the regular headlight units...

Scotty, Silverstar makes matching super white bulbs for everything you need... headlights, foglights (H3s which you have to convert), turn signals, sidemarkets, and parking lights.
thanks for your help, Vincent. I'll check out their website tomorrow!

And thanks to you too, Cornflake!