Attn: TL12

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: TL12

i'd email you but don't have your email addy and i guess PM doesn't exist here anymore

but anyways.. noticed your profile and u also had a 97 3.2 and some really interesting stuff on it and now i have tons of questions that i hope you dont' mind shedding some light on?

i noticed u have:
a) Koni Sport shocks --- do they fit perfectly or is modification needed?

b) Front Strut Tower Brace -- what kind? where can i get these for the 3.2?? pics?

c) Rear Fender Lip Ground -- what are these?

d) Custom 3/4" rear sway bar --- where did u get them custom done? pics?

e) polyurethane sway bar bushi ---- what are these?

thanks.. it is much appreciated
Old 04-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

tl12, u still here?
Old 04-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Instructor

Re: Attn: TL12

Originally posted by redeye
i'd email you but don't have your email addy and i guess PM doesn't exist here anymore

but anyways.. noticed your profile and u also had a 97 3.2 and some really interesting stuff on it and now i have tons of questions that i hope you dont' mind shedding some light on?

i noticed u have:
a) Koni Sport shocks --- do they fit perfectly or is modification needed? ...............REARS FIT PERFECTLY. FRONT ONES WERE ABOUT 2" SHORTER THAN STOCK, SO DIFFICULT TIME PUTTING ON THE EIBACH SPRINGS. ORIGINAL PERCH HAD TO BE TAKEN OFF AND INSTALLED ON KONIS.

b) Front Strut Tower Brace -- what kind? where can i get these for the 3.2?? pics? ............ NOTHING AVAILABLE, SO I BOUGHT ONES FOR A HONDA CIVIC AND DESIGN AND HAD THE BRACKETS MAKE UP. WORKS WELL. I'LL POST A PICTURE

c) Rear Fender Lip Ground -- what are these? ...... I HAVE 225X40 TIRES ON 18X7.5 WHEELS WITH 45 OFFSET AND THE REAR TIRES WERE RUBBING, SO I HAD 1/4" OF THE REAR FENDER LIP GROUND OFF AND RUSTPROOFED. NO MORE RUBBING

d) Custom 3/4" rear sway bar --- where did u get them custom done? pics? ............ I GOT THEM DONE AT A PLACE CALLED "SPECIALTY ENGINEERING" IN NEW WESTMINSTER, BC, CANADA. IT WAS REALLY EXPENSIVE - $650 CDN FOR JUST THE REAR. I'M PLANNING TO GET THE FRONTS DONE NEXT. WHEN I GET A CHANCE, I'LL TAKE A PICTURE AND POST IT.

e) polyurethane sway bar bushi ---- what are these? ....... THESE ARE BUSHINGS THAT REPLACE THE RUBBER ONES ON THE STOCK SWAY BARS. THEY COMPRESS LESS THAN RUBBER MAKING THE CAR HANDLE BETTER

thanks.. it is much appreciated
Sorry for not responding sooner. I have been on the road travelling for a while. I put the answers after your questions
Old 04-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Burning Brakes

hey tl12,

thanks for the answers... really appreciate it...

whoa, $650 canadian for rear sways??
damn... i have a ton more questions in my head now

i noticed u tried to post the pic of your strut bars but couldn't
u think u could email it to me so i can see?

my email addy is
kars88@hotmail.com

much appreciated...
Old 04-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Instructor

hey tl12,

thanks for the answers... really appreciate it...

whoa, $650 canadian for rear sways??
damn... i have a ton more questions in my head now

i noticed u tried to post the pic of your strut bars but couldn't
u think u could email it to me so i can see?

my email addy is
kars88@hotmail.com

much appreciated...
I noticed you live in Toronto. I have a friend who live there and builds street rods. He also has friends that does a lot of custom work on cars. If you are interested in getting custom made sway bars, I could ask my friend for a contact person. It may be far less than $650. The place I took my car to does quality high end modification to cars and specializes in building racing cars from what I've been told
Old 04-07-2002, 12:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by TL12

I noticed you live in Toronto. I have a friend who live there and builds street rods. He also has friends that does a lot of custom work on cars. If you are interested in getting custom made sway bars, I could ask my friend for a contact person. It may be far less than $650. The place I took my car to does quality high end modification to cars and specializes in building racing cars from what I've been told
yeah i wouldn't mind getting a contact person to see if they could hook me up with sways...
thanks again
Old 04-08-2002, 12:45 AM
10th Gear

TL12, I'm looking to buy some rims this summer, do you know of any good deals in the Lower Mainland? I live in Langley and its a pain to drive to Van just to get jacked around by these shops that are out to rip you off, thanx!
Old 04-08-2002, 11:37 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Heavenz97
TL12, I'm looking to buy some rims this summer, do you know of any good deals in the Lower Mainland? I live in Langley and its a pain to drive to Van just to get jacked around by these shops that are out to rip you off, thanx!
I met a guy that has a CL and he just recently got a set of 17 wheels and tires with only 20,000 km for $1,000. He also gets konis and other parts about 1/2 of what I paid. Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town for the next week or so, however I will get back to you after that. Will you please send me an email at ye12@shaw.ca to remind me.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Instructor

yeah i wouldn't mind getting a contact person to see if they could hook me up with sways...
thanks again
I'm out of town for the next week or so. Will you please email me at ye12@shaw.ca to remind me.