Attn 96TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 09:41 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn 96TL

Question for you,

I went all the way back to March to look for the pics when you posted pictures of your HID, but the pictures had been removed. Anyway, I remember that you have your stock foglights set up to be on without having your headlight on. I may be wrong, because you also have aftermarket fog on your car. If I'm right, can you share the info on how to have the stock foglights on w/o having the headlight on?.

Thanks much
Old 07-19-2001, 07:16 PM
Pro

Where is that dude, 96TL? Did anyone see him?
Old 07-19-2001, 07:33 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey wattup Maxxt. About the fogs, I have them wired up the same way inline-v did his. I forgot who told me how to do it. I think it was someone from www.honda-acura.net or this forum. Anyway its VERY easy. Take off the big panel under the dash, its 2 philips screws on the bottom edge and the top has clips that you have to pull off gently. When you look under the dash, you'll see like 3 bundles of wires tied together. Its the middle bundle on the bottom. lol. Its hard to explain. This is easier, its the only bundle that has a red & blue wire in it. Once you find it, grab the red wire with little silver dots on it and bring them side by side. I used one of those quick splice clips to hook them up together. It doesnt matter how you do it, just dont cut them completely, that will be bad. lol. Lemme know how it goes. Post again if I didn't make myself clear. Good luck. BTW, you'll have to have your parking lights on to turn on the fogs, you can't turn them on alone.
Old 07-19-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro

Let's me rewrite what you just wrote to make sure that I understand this part clearly...

1. Open the panel under the dash.
2. Find the bundle of wires that contains red and blue wires.
3. Once find it, grab the red wire with the silver dots on it, then bring "them" side by side.

"them": did you refer them to the blue wire and the red wire w/ silver dots on it?

4. Use one of those "quick-splice" clips to connect those two wires (blue and red w/ silver dots) together.

I'll be off on Sunday - So i'll try them out on Sunday.

Yes, that's what I want to have the fogs on with the parking.

Thanks so much - I would buy you a drink if you live in Atlanta. I owe you one.
Old 07-20-2001, 07:03 AM
Ex-Mod

Sorry if I'm not clear. By "them" I mean the red wire with the blue stripe and the Red wire with silver dots. They are both in the same bundle so you can't miss it. If you need more help, just post!
Old 07-20-2001, 07:32 AM
Pro

Thanks.

Connect the red with blue stripe wire with the red with silver dots wire together.

I'll do it this weekend - and will let u know.
Old 08-01-2001, 11:48 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by 96TL
Hey wattup Maxxt. About the fogs, I have them wired up the same way inline-v did his. I forgot who told me how to do it. I think it was someone from www.honda-acura.net or this forum. Anyway its VERY easy. Take off the big panel under the dash, its 2 philips screws on the bottom edge and the top has clips that you have to pull off gently. When you look under the dash, you'll see like 3 bundles of wires tied together. Its the middle bundle on the bottom. lol. Its hard to explain. This is easier, its the only bundle that has a red & blue wire in it. Once you find it, grab the red wire with little silver dots on it and bring them side by side. I used one of those quick splice clips to hook them up together. It doesnt matter how you do it, just dont cut them completely, that will be bad. lol. Lemme know how it goes. Post again if I didn't make myself clear. Good luck. BTW, you'll have to have your parking lights on to turn on the fogs, you can't turn them on alone.
96TL, thanks for the tip, I had sucessfully re-wire my fog-light, fog light will stay on with head lights and parking lights on or off, except when high bean is on, fog light will turn off.
One thing I did differently from the above instruction, is instead tapping the red wire with blue stripe(fog signal wire) to the red wire(constant power supply), I tap in the cruise control power supply wire by the cruise control switch(black with yellow stripe) to the fog signal wire, which will turn off the fog if the car key is remove. Mahalo
Old 08-02-2001, 12:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by 2.5TL96
Mahalo
wow, i haven't heard (or seen) that in years!!!
i gotta visit hawaii again soon
Old 08-10-2001, 02:21 PM

I have a 97 TL

Is that wiring on the 96 Tl the same as the 97.And do I follow the same steps for wiring.Holla back...
Old 08-10-2001, 06:25 PM
Ex-Mod

Re: I have a 97 TL

Originally posted by bensonkenneth
Is that wiring on the 96 Tl the same as the 97.And do I follow the same steps for wiring.Holla back...
The wires are the same for all 1st gen TLs. The instructions are posted above somewhere.
Old 08-30-2001, 12:07 PM

Still neeed Wood Wheel.....

Please does anybody know anything about woodgrain steering wheel.Acura has the wheel on sale right now, and I'm trying to get it for my 1997 Acura 2.5 TL.Is it compatible?I want to try it.No one seems to know anything at the dealership.Who do I call...
Old 10-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Racer

Has anyone done this on a 3.2? when i spliced the red with blue stripe/silver dot wire and the red with silver dot wire, my headlights came on, and my car wasnt even turned on...:| Anyone know what colored cables to splice in a 3.2??? Thanks