ATTN 96TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post ATTN 96TL

I remember you told me a couple of post ago, that you got your premier CD player from street_effects. how do i contact him? Are his prices reasonable....like below retail prices? How much did you get your CD player for?? I have my eye on the new DEH-P9300 and wonder how much he'll sell that for. If it's too much i'll settle for the DEH-P9200 (right now it's $399.00 on the web). Is there a major difference between the premier and pioneer versions??? And one more thing....... you said to remove the factory deck, you have to remove the fake wood? is the fake wood held by an adhesive or something? and if i take it off....how do i put it back on? i really need to look on the back of the factory deck for the serial number cuz i think i have a low battery and i need to change it but the dealer didn't get me the CODE for the factory deck!! Acura says they'll do it for me but it'll cost me! I'd rather do it myself! please help!!
Old 05-23-2001, 12:37 AM
Din
Pro

I dunno if you wanna try this, but I have done it on a few 1st gen TLs and it always works, If you grab the tape part of the radio and pull it a little bit it will come out. That what I did with mind and a few others.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:56 PM
Ex-Mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acurasnake, I paid WAY below retail. Ron (Streeteffectz) has the best deals. I dont know all the differences on the Premier except that the voltage is 2.5 volts higher. It probably just has more extras. The radio is simple to remove. The fake wood just pops off, you can get a flat head screwdriver, wrap it with a thin rag or a T-shirt and gently pull it off from the cracks. It will just pop off. Then there are 4 screws around the radio and thats it. Just pull it out and unplug it. To re-install it is even easier, just plug it back in, put in the screws, and the wood just snaps back in place. Ron's E-mail is streeteffectz@home.com. Tell him I gave you his e-mail address. Heres a pic of the unit but its dark, I'll take a brighter one if you want.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:27 PM
Pro

Hey thanks 96TL!!! I just e-mailed Ron (streeteffectz) about the CD-player. I'm thinking about just getting the DEH-P7300 instead of the DEH-P9200, it's a WHOLE lot cheaper and still has the *pretty* screen savers lol!! I'm looking at your pic and WOW!! it must be nice having a little theater in your car! God that is Nice! but are you afraid of people stealing your stuff? i'm in college right now, and that's one of the reasons why I can't afford getting your setup, it'll get stolen one of these days in the parking lot! i have an aftermarket alarm and even with the shock sensors.....they'll still get it BTW, Can't wait til Matrix 2 comes out!! aaliyah is going to be in it too!! and uh nice pic!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:08 PM
Ex-Mod

Originally posted by Acurasnake:
Hey thanks 96TL!!! I just e-mailed Ron (streeteffectz) about the CD-player. I'm thinking about just getting the DEH-P7300 instead of the DEH-P9200, it's a WHOLE lot cheaper and still has the *pretty* screen savers lol!! I'm looking at your pic and WOW!! it must be nice having a little theater in your car! God that is Nice! but are you afraid of people stealing your stuff? i'm in college right now, and that's one of the reasons why I can't afford getting your setup, it'll get stolen one of these days in the parking lot! i have an aftermarket alarm and even with the shock sensors.....they'll still get it BTW, Can't wait til Matrix 2 comes out!! aaliyah is going to be in it too!! and uh nice pic!
Thanks. I'm always worried about someone breaking in or stealing my car. I keep it in my garage at night. I'm sure Ron will hook you up.

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 09:14 AM
Intermediate

I followed 96TLs instructions and the install was flawless. I bought one of the sony explodes. Too bad Sony doesnt make a DIN sized Explod EQ. It would be very cool to have the EQ and radio match. Anyone change the door speakers? I know on some cars its a pain to get the panels off.
Old 05-24-2001, 12:37 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

96TL, thanks again!!! Like what Mr3.2TL said, the instructions you provided gave me were flawless!! I have to admit I was scared at first, but then the wood just popped right off!! I would have never known that there were clips on the back of the wood! LOL! I got the serial number and the reference number and gave it to Acura and I was in and out!! didn't even take me 5 min to get the code! THANKS!
Old 05-24-2001, 06:15 PM
Ex-Mod

Originally posted by Acurasnake:
96TL, thanks again!!!
You're welcome. If you ever need more help, lemme know.

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 11:05 PM

Yes, I've taken mine off. It is a pain. Will take you about 15 minutes to get each one off.
1. Unscrew the three phillips screws (all under plastic covers) 1st is near the door handle, 2nd is in the little plastic slot below the door handle.

2. Make sure you have two people for this part. Pull the doors off. You'll need some force. Be carefull as inside you ahve the set of alarm wires, set of lighting wires, and a set of wires for auto-window controls.

That's about it. The door panels are tightly attached with about 4 or 5 plastic connectors plugging into the door panels.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by Mr3.2TL:
I followed 96TLs instructions and the install was flawless. I bought one of the sony explodes. Too bad Sony doesnt make a DIN sized Explod EQ. It would be very cool to have the EQ and radio match. Anyone change the door speakers? I know on some cars its a pain to get the panels off.