Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 07:04 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment

Hi everyone,
Need some advice on wheel alignment.....
Recently I've my wheel aligned. Computer reading were OK but when I drive on the road, the car seem to go left even the steering is in center position. I need to turn the steering wheel of my car to the right in order to have the car going straight.

I went back to the workshop for another alignment but the reading were OK.

What happened & what should be done????

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

Hmmmm is your tire pressure ok?
Old 11-26-2001, 11:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Is the road flat? Level?
Old 11-27-2001, 07:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

did you hit a curb hard enough to bend the frame of the car?
Old 11-28-2001, 12:33 AM
Instructor

1. Low profile tires and wheel offsets different from stock will follow road irregularities causing the steering to pull to one side.
2. Low pressure on one back tire will cause the car to pull to one side.
3. Check that your brake calipers are not sticking on one of your wheels.
4. Are your tires quite new or are they worn uneven due to driving without alignment for a while? This may cause pulling.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:32 AM
2.5 TL ART

what about if bushings have gone bad? Will that cause the car to pull in a direction more so than it would before? I just had the same problem, had an alignment done, and it still pulls every now and then.

Like most of the time it will track straight, but if i get into some ruts, or if the road has a severe crown to it, my car will pull both right and left directions. Tire pressures are fine, brakes are fine, steering fluid is fine.

Also there was a thread posted about tightening up a "loose" steering wheels, but I dont' think that's necessarily my problem either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:38 PM
10th Gear

I will be interested in the responses to this thread. For what it is worth, my car pulls to the right. I would say its more of a wander to the right vs. a pull. I just had the alignment done at a Acura dealer. Two of my tires are fairly new and the other two are older. I rotated the tires so that the new ones are on the front of the car. The car does not wander as much at lower speeds. I noticed the wandering most on the highway.

I am interested to see if there is some warranty\chronic problem that will crop up in one of these posts.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Reppin' the T-Dot!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you are HOLDING the wheel to the center and it pulls to one side, and when you let it go, the car tracks straight, but the wheel is a little off, what that means is that the wheel wasn't straight when they did the alignment. If it naturally goes straight and the car pulls, then you hold it off to one side and the car drives straight, then yeah either the frame is bent or something, but even still the alignment should show something off. Check tire pressure, and the tires themselves, had a tire so bad last winter, when I took it off, you could watch it woblle as I rolled it up my driveway... low, unbalanced or overly worn tires can cause ALL kinds of problems.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:34 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about the steering wheel being off a few notches?

I have an 05 Acura TL, but just upgraded my steering wheel... Well good news is was easy, bas news is I did not get the notches matched good I guess as my car tracks straight but the wheel is now off.... Can an Aligment fix this or only redoing the steering wheel?

2nd problem is the new steering wheel. I tried to take off, and the wheel puller stripped the holes it uses so no way to get it off anymore, unless I drill the holes and retap them or something.... ARG.. I am soo pissed at myself.

Anyway CAN/WILL an alignment fix this?