My Horn, Wipers, and Lights will not turn off

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011 | 09:18 PM
Cruisin'

My Horn, Wipers, and Lights will not turn off

Okay I am starting to think I should never have opened this can of worms. But I am having a problem now, this morning I replaced my left component speaker. well after I figured out my speaker wouldnt fit without modification, I put everything back to normal cause I didnt have time to fit them in. well after everything was done I went inside and a minuet later I heard my Horn going off. I went outside and found that my horn was on full blast (constant, no honking like alarm) and my headlights were fully on. I tried unlocking my door with the key and remote, nothing worked. The engin turns on and and when it does every continues and the wipers start and cant be turned off. I took out the horn fuse to at least get that to stop but everything else continues. I am in AZ and we have been getting hit with alot of monsoon rain in my area the last few days, could the rain short anything?

I really need any kinda help I can get on this one. Thanks to everyone
Old 08-04-2011 | 11:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Did you remove the battery terminal(you need radio code and NAV if you have one) while removing the speaker? I don't what caused this, but you might want to remove the speaker again to see if it hitting any wire when you installed them back. Also remember to remove the battery terminal! Good luck man.
Old 08-05-2011 | 12:33 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks, but yeah I removed the battery terminal and thats the only thing that stops everything obviously, and it been unhooked for the better part of the last 2 days. I also have taken the door apart several times now to try different things, and now it is all back to 100% factory set up with full functionality aside from the fact that everything continues. And I just dont get it cause it all started when I was inside and after I had finished up with the car. Is there a control logic board or anything that control those things that may have gotten screwed up?
Old 08-07-2011 | 08:02 PM
Cruisin'

Im still having the problem and after several days to tireless searching I am pretty much still at a loss. The only thing I can think of is could it be one od the multiplexer's? Does this fit at all with one of those going? Maybe?
Old 09-30-2012 | 07:43 PM
6th Gear

Exclamation

Originally Posted by xSlater
Im still having the problem and after several days to tireless searching I am pretty much still at a loss. The only thing I can think of is could it be one od the multiplexer's? Does this fit at all with one of those going? Maybe?
Did you ever get this solved? I had window issues and had my door panel loose for a week or so. Came out and unlocked my car today and the horn went off for 5 minutes solid, after that when the lights are on the wipers wont stop going. even after turning them off they still continue. Also the headlights wont turn off.
Have to disconnect the battery to turn them off.

I have a 97 RL.. From searching it sounds like water in a connector somewhere.. but I have no idea where..

fml..

Old 09-30-2012 | 10:23 PM
Burning Brakes

You guys might have a short some where. That is not normal, I suggest bring it to a shop and get a quote. BTW, the front speakers are 6.5'' not 6.75". Good luck.
Old 10-01-2012 | 07:49 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 3.5RLv-tec?
You guys might have a short some where. That is not normal, I suggest bring it to a shop and get a quote. BTW, the front speakers are 6.5'' not 6.75". Good luck.

A short or water leakage perhaps... this problem seems faulty commonish on these cars bowthat I am looking for it.. has anyone solved it yet?
Old 10-01-2012 | 10:37 PM
6th Gear

I removed the drivers side multiplex unit from behind the fuse panel. What a Fu(k!ng whriuoewfro that was!

Anyways the multiplex is finally out and stinks like burnt electronics. I dont see any water damage in the area.. must have just gave up..? I ordered a used hopefully working one off eBay. If it solves the issue I'll remove the fender and fix the TSB for the leak just in case..
Old 10-06-2012 | 12:26 PM
6th Gear

Just installed a new drivers side multiplex unit and all is well again! They seem to range from $50-$100 on ebay used. I didn't see any water damage from the sunroof drain tube that is behind the multiplex unit or from the TSB posted on the drivers side fender area..

either way I'll probably do the TSB and seal it up anyways.
Old 10-06-2012 | 11:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Good to know you fixed the problem. BTW what is TSB? lol
Old 10-09-2012 | 11:34 AM
6th Gear

Good to know you fixed the problem. BTW what is TSB? lol
technical safety bulletin for the drivers side leak behind the fender.