The hottest RLs on the street 20” 8.5 custom grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hottest RLs on the street 20” 8.5 custom grille

This is why Acura or RL doesn’t selling well they like of vip look not flashy or bling bling, it’s so hard to fit big custom wheels on acura , trust me if they can make they cars look something like this they will be number one or two best selling luxury car in America cause we all know Honda make good cars

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Welcome to AZ and nice job on your RL!

I am moving this to the 1st Generation RL forum as that's what your RL is.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Instructor

nice job that looks just like my car
Old 04-08-2007, 02:07 AM
has been here awhile

Old 04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Intermediate

Tanks man I seen your car around I like it you done a great job to it’s specially in the inside, one thing I dislike about your car is the wheels they to small maybe you have your reason, you done everything right to the car, you have to go big on the wheels this is a big body car 18” wheels wont do this car any good, cause the car is very soft you need some nice big wheels to bring it out beside that your car look great
Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by super-rl
Tanks man I seen your car around I like it you done a great job to it’s specially in the inside, one thing I dislike about your car is the wheels they to small maybe you have your reason, you done everything right to the car, you have to go big on the wheels this is a big body car 18” wheels wont do this car any good, cause the car is very soft you need some nice big wheels to bring it out beside that your car look great
Yea I hear ya but the roads here suck,I,m also worried about making the the car ride to hard. ANY IDEAS
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kind of rims are those? Do they ever scrub? I was under the impression that it takes alot of work to get anything wider than 7.5" on a 20 to fit.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
'06 RL

This is why Acura or RL doesn’t selling well they like of vip look not flashy or bling bling, it’s so hard to fit big custom wheels on acura , trust me if they can make they cars look something like this they will be number one or two best selling luxury car in America cause we all know Honda make good cars
Um... ok. If I can decipher this attempt at English, I gather your point is that Acura would sell more cars if they put bigger wheels on them?

Wow. Yeah, that's it. We need the Acura RL Donk Edition, let's jack 'em up and put 33's on there, then they'll outsell Toyotas!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jftjr
Um... ok. If I can decipher this attempt at English, I gather your point is that Acura would sell more cars if they put bigger wheels on them?

Wow. Yeah, that's it. We need the Acura RL Donk Edition, let's jack 'em up and put 33's on there, then they'll outsell Toyotas!

LOL!!!! Why don't we just chrome everything?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
[QUOTE=super-rl]This is why Acura or RL doesn’t selling well they like of vip look not flashy or bling bling, it’s so hard to fit big custom wheels on acura , trust me if they can make they cars look something like this they will be number one or two best selling luxury car in America cause we all know Honda make good cars

QUOTE]

Nice donk!

LOL.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

(gatrhumpy this one for you)

LOL! look who’s talking where do you live , orange park Florida ohhh I thought so what do you know about cars or dunk ride the only time you seen a car on D’s maybe online or in TV, ohhh I forget there’s no cable in the woods if you wanna know what a dunk ride is get out of the woods come to the city before u make a comments about a dunk ride anyway where is orange park in the Florida map cause I live in south Florida for 15 years never heard of it, and make sure my orange juice is a 100% orange juice not 85%
Old 04-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

(jftjr , legendaryrl and who ever else that have problem this one for you)

Year that’s right this is the reason Chrysler 300 and Cadillac out sold Acura! Like I fuc***g said Acura need to start selling real luxury cars not 85% luxury cars this is the millennium not the 90’s, people know about cars this day people will not be paying 10 to 20 thousand of dollar extra for a rebage Honda any more cause when I first go my RL 4 years ago people seen just a big Honda accord now after spending a couple of thousand dollar on it and throw some D’s on it now people telling that’s a nice car asking me if that a Lexus or a Benz that’s very sad that I have to spent a couple of thousand dollar on a flagship luxury car to give it a luxury look Acura need to get the sh*t together or they will be scrapping! ohhh let me put that on English you discontinue one of they model every other years just like they did to the CL, RSX, NSX and now RL what’s next RDX like I fu****g said if you don’t like it you know what
Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Instructor

(jftjr , legendaryrl and who ever else that have problem this one for you)

Year that’s right this is the reason Chrysler 300 and Cadillac out sold Acura! Like I fuc***g said Acura need to start selling real luxury cars not 85% luxury cars this is the millennium not the 90’s, people know about cars this day people will not be paying 10 to 20 thousand of dollar extra for a rebage Honda any more cause when I first go my RL 4 years ago people seen just a big Honda accord now after spending a couple of thousand dollar on it and throw some D’s on it now people telling that’s a nice car asking me if that a Lexus or a Benz that’s very sad that I have to spent a couple of thousand dollar on a flagship luxury car to give it a luxury look Acura need to get the sh*t together or they will be scrapping! ohhh let me put that on English you discontinue one of they model every other years just like they did to the CL, RSX, NSX and now RL what’s next RDX like I fu****g said if you don’t like it you know what
Yo, thats what Im talking about .most of these guys dont know sh*t about sh*t all they know how to do is talk sh*t I'm with you bro the ac looks hot ,Its funny cause I dont see any of there rides posted .Everywhere I go with my car people love it and also think its a benz or lexus,people always pulling up next to me with thumbs up ,from young kids to old men they love it ,they see the condition of my 99 RL and think its brand new. keep doing what your doing cause it looks great, also some of us need to learn how to spell.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:22 AM
9th Gear

mannn, ive been lookin for a diffrent grill, something like that for a while, anyone know where i can get em?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DsXz
mannn, ive been lookin for a diffrent grill, something like that for a while, anyone know where i can get em?
THEY DONT SELL EM YOU HAVE TO HAVE IT CUSTOM MADE
Old 04-28-2007, 03:54 PM
'06 RL

Well, clearly, Acura could corner the market with the illiterate set if only they put donk rims on the cars....
Old 05-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Noooooooooo!!!!

Well, clearly, Acura could corner the market with the illiterate set if only they put donk rims on the cars....
I think that's the market that Acura redlines lol.

I don't know about anyone else's cars on this forum or the looks they get, but my stock '98 and '04 get the same "Is that a Benz/Lexus?" and "You drive a Lex right?" kind of comments from random people.

And about the wheels, the wheels don't sell the car. The car sells the car, it's not about the size of the wheels because anyone buying Acura's brand new could probably give two shits about how big the wheels are (probably because they don't care, or they know they can change them if they wanted to).

The RL is stuck on the lot because @ 50k you're not exactly buying it because it's rational, you're buying it because you can. With that being the case, if I had 50k to blow on a car, I'd be looking at the Infiniti M or the Lexus GS...why? because I would be able to and secondly I'm not looking for a value purchase @ 50k and above. If I wanted value, I'd stay with Acura.

Acura needs to market the RL to peoples emotions and not their wallet...and the fact that the new RL looks like a tick doesn't help either.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:51 PM
6th Gear

I love that grill!

Dare I ask how much a custom grill ran?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sirc625
I love that grill!

Dare I ask how much a custom grill ran?
mine was 1300.00 upper and lower
Old 06-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Cruisin'

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
where did you get your chrome pillars for your ride?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:57 PM
BIGJUN

I have my RL looking like that brother. I'll post some pics soon. You ride looks nice. I was going to buy the chrome pillars but I wasn't sure if they would look right.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
BIGJUN

People always ask me if my car is a benz.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
7th Gear

Even Jay-Z knows what not to do with a car:

I did all that by the age of 21
by 22 I had that brand new Ac Coupe
I guess you can say that my legend just begun
I'm, young enough to know the right car to buy
yet grown enough not to put rims on it

From Kingdom Come: 30 Something
Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

yeah have u seen what Jay-Z drive! bentley and maybach, when you drive bentley and maybach you doesn't need custom wheels to separate yourself from the rest, people can see you coming from mile away

Remember that Acura doesn't sell 100% luxury car, they sell 85% luxury car or you can call it's fancy honda, if you want to turn your Acura into a 100% luxury car you might have to add the other 15% out from your pocket which is add some pillars, custom grill or throw some D's on that bitc* so that people might start realize that you driven a luxury car

JQM what there fuc* your country as* know about cars or custom wheels why don't you stick with does ugliest RonJonwheels like everyone else in here
Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 PM
7th Gear

OK.

Except that last part. What's your problem?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

You know what my problem is! my problem is you're need to get out of the wood and get with the program, these days in the city we drive big body cars on big wheels none lower than 20" so don't hit get with the program
Old 06-13-2007, 09:17 PM
'06 RL

Please give generously to your local literacy support group.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Instructor

The car looks good. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's what you like that matters. Another thing there's no need to bash ron he's just trying to provide us with acura specific products. Keep modding.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:35 AM
BIGJUN

I love Jay-Z but homeboy was right. When your driving a Bentley, you do not need rims. Matter of fact, he's kind of wack for saying that. That's Jay for you though.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:38 AM
BIGJUN

My Rl

I have pics coming soon of my RL with the DUBS on it. I have also put in a 1200 watt Sony Explode amp, one 12" sub, 1200 watts and Sirius Sattelite radio. Looking to add one more thing and that's a chrome muffler.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Intermediate

Please give generously to your local literacy support group.
[jftjr] Since your country ass always has something smart to say can you tell me the different between those two pictures

pix # 1
[IMG][/IMG]

pix # 2[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
Intermediate

One has some flag on it, the other doesnt?

Why is there a need to bitch on forums about what a car should and shouldn't be. This is why there is a market for cars...to access peoples needs. I personally think the custom grille looks like crap, but that is my opinion. I am still going to give you props on making your car look good to YOU. That is all you have to do. Who the fuck cares what Jay-Z drives and what seperates him from the rest. This is the problem with people today. They all buy cars to impress other people. Fuck other people, buy a car because you like it, not because Jay-Z has one.

Good job on your car. Not my cup of tea, but you can tell that you put time into it. I think the 18's look great. You could throw 20's on it, but, imo, the 18s fit perfectly.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:50 AM
3rd Gear

99 legend

I've got a 99 legend. still have it in immaculate condition i spent a ton of money restoring it too. now all i need are some nice wheels. i can get the hook up at this company but im not sure which ones to get. if anyone has these can i get a pic of them?

Dub Rims
Old 06-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Intermediate

Looks good keep it up, Next thing you need to do when you have extra cash is paint the car Black and your set..
Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
'06 RL

[jftjr] Since your country ass always has something smart to say can you tell me the different between those two pictures

The "different"?

Sure. As you might say, "I kan tellz u different."

One's a perfectly fine, if somewhat shopworn, first gen RL.

The other one is a formerly fine, somewhat shopworn, first gen RL with ugly ghetto wheels on it.

The difference? To start, probably about four MPG less from additional unsprung weight and increased rolling resistance, not to mention all those people pointing and laughing as you drive down the street.

Really, I never understood why anyone would take a cheap car and put expensive wheels on it. Not only does it look idiotic, but if my limited budget would only allow me, for example, to buy $10000 worth of car, I think I'd spend it all on the car.... I wouldn't spend $8000 on the car and $2000 on wheels, that'd be just plain dumb.

Oh, wait....
Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 PM
has been here awhile

This thread is great.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN

This thread is great.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Intermediate

[ jftjr ] Yo you right, You a very smart guy like you said this days everyone is driving luxury car or I can say everyone buying luxury car but not everyone can effort to buy a set of wheels for $3000 and up, oh ok now I see where all the player hater coming from anyway I knew you were a mart guy so tell me where do you stand cause one minute you calling the wheels ugly the next minute you call them expensive and then you call RL a cheap car and RL suppose to be Acura flagship luxury car so what that tell you about Acura, man you sound like one of those guy in the courthouse telling the judge I didn’t do it than when he found you guilty giving you a life sentence you turn around say yes I did it just to get less time in jail, now I see why your girl wear the pants while you wear the dress, yo you a man when you said something stick with it no matter if dude have 45mm on your head stick with it.

My fellow American friends don’t be surprise when you see president bush Cadillac sitting on some 22” ghetto wheels rolling from the white house, once again this is the future buy big body luxury car and sit them on big wheels none less then 20” don’t you see how those big luxury car maker in America adopting to the system to increase sale, I repeat that’s why Acura not selling well cause they so slow to catch up

Oh since your mouth bigger than your head what do you drive?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

[ Wtaggin ] Shut your little young ass up, don’t you see gown folks talking, what your little young ass know about wheels do those look like 18” to you, don’t you have some homework to do, go do your home work, you should not be on this site period, this site is for 21 and up don’t you see no Civic in here, next time I might punish you for using fouled language wait till you 21 than you can cay what you like
Old 06-16-2007, 07:50 PM
'06 RL

[ jftjr ] Yo you right, You a very smart guy like you said this days everyone is driving luxury car or I can say everyone buying luxury car but not everyone can effort to buy a set of wheels for $3000 and up, oh ok now I see where all the player hater coming from anyway I knew you were a mart guy so tell me where do you stand cause one minute you calling the wheels ugly the next minute you call them expensive and then you call RL a cheap car and RL suppose to be Acura flagship luxury car so what that tell you about Acura, man you sound like one of those guy in the courthouse telling the judge I didn’t do it than when he found you guilty giving you a life sentence you turn around say yes I did it just to get less time in jail, now I see why your girl wear the pants while you wear the dress, yo you a man when you said something stick with it no matter if dude have 45mm on your head stick with it.

My fellow American friends don’t be surprise when you see president bush Cadillac sitting on some 22” ghetto wheels rolling from the white house, once again this is the future buy big body luxury car and sit them on big wheels none less then 20” don’t you see how those big luxury car maker in America adopting to the system to increase sale, I repeat that’s why Acura not selling well cause they so slow to catch up

Oh since your mouth bigger than your head what do you drive?
Was there a sentence in there? Wow.

Just because something may be expensive, doesn't mean it can't be ugly. There's lots of expensive and ugly things in this world. Your rims are a perfect example. Money can't buy class, son.

The rest of your post is so completely rambling and frankly, incomprehensible, that I'm not going to bother responding to it.

Oh, and I drive an '06 RL, thanks.

Quick Reply: The hottest RLs on the street 20” 8.5 custom grille