2000 RL Bose Stereo w/Navigation removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2000 RL Bose Stereo w/Navigation removal

I want to share pictures of my stereo torn apart. I took it out because I just wanted to jiggle all the connections since I am having cassette direction flip flopping, the steering wheel stereo controls are intermittently not working, the little lights behind face plate indicating which CD is playing or which preset station is tuned also intermittently are not lit. But most of the time they are. So I figured I would take out the radio and just unplug and plug the plugs in the back of the unit. I then decided to open up the unit and see what it looks like.

I was looking also to see if there was a way to solder in to the tape head some leads for an AUX input, like the ipod. I don't know if it is do-able but if someone can check out the pics and see if they want to try it.

The stereo problems that I was having are still there. What I did notice is that sometimes when the volume controls on the steering wheel don't work, I do a hard thump on the wheel and then the controls work.

Hope these pictures are useful...

2000 Acura RLBose HU with Navigation Photos by vencan | Photobucket
The following users liked this post:
Ken1997TL (01-09-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I am here to report that I fixed my problem with the Stereo. The problem was that the cassette drive would flips over and over randomly and routinely. I followed someone else's fix for his stereo of some other car in a different website. I googled and read and read.
The problem has to do with poor soldering...I found out the general problem area by opening up my stereo and plugging it back in to the car. Turn the key to on position and press around the circuit board areas until I saw the memory indicator lights stay solid. (the green LED lights that indicate the memory presets when the problem was present, would not light up. So if you remove the stereo the memories are lost, therefore just program a local radio station to one of the buttons so you can see the LED).
So after I noticed a sensitive area I took my soldering iron and reheated the soldering in each of the items in the sensitive area. Some of those rectangular resistors are so tiny I had to use a magnifying glass to see what I was doing. Since I could not pinpoint a part I just circled in red the general area of my problem. (see pictures in the link below). Look at both sides of the circuit board and resolder or reheat all soldered parts.
Good luck and hope this helps you too. I am happy that my cassette adapter I use to connect my ipod through is working again. It had been way over a year ago that I had this problem.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/ve...L%20Bose%20fix