Firestone Firehawk tires

Old 03-13-2019, 12:53 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Firehawk tires

Im looking to get new summer tires and stumbled across the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. The price is excellent for performance tires. Has anyone had any on their 1st gen RDX? Looking for reviews or input. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:00 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Tires are VERY subjective....
meaning; it wont matter about a review... all that matters is how YOU like the tires...Expensive experiment, but that's the only way for you to figure out if you like certain characteristics between tires.

Additionally; there are REVIEWS all over the internet...it doesnt need to be your exact car for reviewers to review the tire
Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
CONSUMER REVIEWS
  • Vehicle:
    2014 BMW 335i M Sport Staggered Tires4.2
    • Miles Driven on Tires:
    • Driving Condition:
      Mostly Highway
      Driving Style:
      Spirited
    2 out of 2 people found the following review helpful:
    Follow Up Review:
    30,000 Miles on Tires
    March 11, 2019
    I'm finally starting to hit the wear bars on the rear set and wear has been completely even on both tires. At this point, the tires have become moderately loud, which I find acceptable consider how much value I got out of them. I'm planning on ordering a new rear set this week.
    Initial Review:
    1,500 Miles on Tires
    September 28, 2017
    You can add me to the list of satisfied customers. Switched from P Zero RFTs and this was a huge difference. Of course, the P Zeros has 40K miles and 5 years on them, so the comparison is not equal, but the ride quality is a big improvement over RFTs. Corner grip is excellent, especially with the large contact patch on the outside edge. Dry grip is really good. It's too early to tell longevity, but I feel like they will continue to excel as a UHP tire. I've only encountered light rain with them, so I cannot vouch for wet grip yet.
    Was this review helpful? Yes No
  • Vehicle:
    2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Coupe4.5
    • Miles Driven on Tires:
    • Driving Condition:
      Combined Highway/City
      Driving Style:
      Spirited
    1 out of 1 people found the following review helpful:
    VERIFIED PURCHASE
    March 06, 2019
    Firehawk Indy500 tires are very good. Used them on a couple of track days, and they handled admirably. Confident and stable. No sudden breakaway or snap back. Much better than the Michelin tires they replaced (they were on the old side; so maybe not fair to compare). I use them mostly around town, and they feel great. Definitely a great tire for the price.
  • Vehicle:
    2015 FIAT 500 Abarth4.5
    • Miles Driven on Tires:
    • Driving Condition:
      Combined Highway/City
      Driving Style:
      Spirited
    Initial Review:
    March 04, 2019
    Replaced some crappy dealership tires with these and the difference was night and day. Bought them during rainy season and I can tell you, I was driving maybe 45-50mph on the highway during a downpour on my old tires, whereas these will allow me to go up to 80mph if I wanted to in the wet without any noticable hydroplaning or loss of traction. These tires hold my car tight on turns all the way through without any tire screeching and is very confidence inspiring. They are also relatively quiet on the highway and offer a very smooth ride. Definitely worth the price along with the performance. The only weakness on these tires are the treadwear from what I hear. We will see in time.

Initial impression is WOW! These tires are way better than they should be for the price. The stock Dunlops that came on my 2016 WRX Premium rode horribly, were loud, wore quickly and weren't the most aesthetically pleasing to look at. The last point is very subjective but to me, the sidewall and edge tread pattern on the Dunlops looked like some kind of all season touring tire you'd find on a Buick.

One thing the Dunlops did well was handle at the limit, the Dunlops were very reassuring at the vehicle's cornering limit where as at the limit, the Firestones get a little vague with little feedback, feels like the sidewall is flexing a lot more which would explain the more comfortable ride but the car still handles amazingly well and it's definitely worth the trade off; better ...More
Randall · Reviewed on simpletire.com
Bridgestone Re003
2 years ago
I have been a fan of Firestone ever since Bridgestone bought the company. Shortly after the aquisition I purchased a set of wide oval Firestones and was instantly satisfied by to product. Realizing that Firestone tires are now rebranded or retread ed Bridgestone I would not hesitate to purchase a srt.

The new Firestone Indy 500s are Bridgestone RE 003s rebranded for the US market. These are bridgestone tires.

My car is a 2015 Ford Mustang with the Performance Package options wich includes the 19" wheels with Pirelli P-Zero tires from the factory. The P-Zero tires are excellent road-holding material but have a major limiting feature, 220 treadwear. 220 treadwear on a 3.73 limited slip Torsen gear differential translated to 14k of treadlife. Needless to say, I was looking for ...More
Dwiggy · Reviewed on www.tirebuyer.com
a year ago
I installed these on a 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS size 195 / 55 / 16. I installed these on a Friday and the following day I did 8 autocross runs with a local Porsche Club. Unfortunately the tires were not broken in so the grip was disappointing and because I did not put more than 40 PSI on the fronts the shoulders of the tread were down about 30% after the event even with two degrees of negative camber. I rotated the tires the next day and have been street driving them for the past month of mostly highway driving. They are relatively quiet, the grip has improved significantly and wet weather traction is above-average however standing water has not been tested. They have about 90% of Michelin Pilot Super Sports and 85% of the grip of a federal 595 rsr. I probably will not ...More
John Abenina · Reviewed on simpletire.com
10 months ago
The only thing I cannot comment on is Tread Life since I've only driven them 500 miles or so. The first day I got them installed we had torrential rain and 75 mph winds. I made it through all that and one hour traffic safe and sound. No complaints. Unlike most people who use this tire, this is on a 2015 Audi Q5 V6 TDI stock. I decided on this setup because this SUV drives much more sportier than most SUVs out there. It is also my first SUV ever, actually my wife's, but I drive it for now. Long story. Anyway, I wanted the drive to be as much car-like as possible, as sporty as possible, and to compliment's the Audi's great handling character. Mission accomplished!!! Again, no complaints. They're very sure-footed on the highway, keep the car stuck to the ground. Already took a 3 ...More
Tudor Craescu · Reviewed on simpletire.com
a year ago
As an enthusiast I can say that I am slightly harder on my tires than most people I know. I am the guy that takes jug handles at 2 to 3 times the recommended speed in the rain just b/c it is my norm.. Prior to these Firehawks I ran the Continental Extreme Contact DWSs as I used to live in NJ. I noticed that even in dry weather I would get tire squeal doing 2 to 3 times the recommended speed on jug handles in the dry. Many times I came close to breaking loose. The fire hawks on the other hand, well I haven't heard them and I am closer to 4 times the recommended speed limits. Of course I am speaking of closed course driving and would never recommend this type of aggressive driving on regular roads. Living in FL now I have not experienced snow and the tires are still too new for ...More
Reviewed on simpletire.com
Great handling, smooth, better gas mileage, excellent price
a year ago
After 2 weeks, the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires have been great!
As soon as I rolled out, I noticed they felt lighter (UTQG 340 AA vs 140 AA on the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A). They are noticeably quieter too and take bumps much softer! The Bridgestones were very harsh over bumps & cracks.
Looks wise from the side they fit the same but the tread pattern looks aggressive.
Pushing out of a curve and NO over steer! The back end sticks very well and feels confident! Overall these are what I was wanting. Soon Ill use them on Autocross. On a damp road they held well, but I did not push in wet very much yet.
Finally, I got 2MG better with them! Note, the tires are relatively inexpensive and had a rebate too.
So overall - the car feels great, handles great, looks great and ...More
johngreen22 · Reviewed on www.tirebuyer.com
5 months ago
Tires are 295/50/15 for the rear of my 1969 Ford Mustang GT fastback. I was considering several other brands of the same size, when I discovered Simple Tire, and the Firestones, which I was not even aware of until viewing them on their website. Price was considerably less than other brands ($107 each, delivered), and the reviews were higher than that of the other brands. Also, the tires have a higher temperature and wear life rating, and the tread was 1/32" deeper than all other brands. Extremely pleased with entire interaction with Simple Tire, as well as the appearance and performance of the tires. Car is not driven during the winter, so I can't rate winter traction, and can't judge tread life yet, but they are rated to last 5k miles more than any other brand of the same ...More
Big tradeoff: longevity vs noise.
a year ago
I've put several sets of tires on my 2007 Infiniti G35 including cheap Korean tires. All were way better than these Firestones in terms of performance, noise, and wet road handling. But these tires lasted a long time: 62K miles. And they were cheap. The biggest issue I've had with them for the past three years is they are crazy loud. When I first started noticing this, I thought I needed new wheel bearings despite having recently replaced them. That's how loud they are. I don't want you to underestimate this. I have never experienced tires this crazy loud. It made for a poor driving experience these last three years

I'm cheap when it comes to tires so you'd think "62K miles on performance tires? Not bad. I can put up with a little noise". Not so fast. I really regret not ...More
Aggressive driver · Reviewed on www.tirebuyer.com
Best tire on the market!!
11 months ago
I've worked in the tire industry for 13 years and have tried tires from all manufacturers including continental, nitto, bfg, michellin, hankook, etc.. i been rolling on some pirelli's that i didnt like for a long time. Just got a set of these after reading reviews and HOLY S#!T!!! They literally eliminate the need for ABS or Traction control!! I beat em pretty good in a 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS (you know, the 430hp 6 speed manual beast of a car!) And i can BARELY get scratch on a 1-2 shift!! The steering response is so refined! Tires dont roll over, and stay suuuuper responsive without becoming twitchy. They dont track grooves either! Launching is epic, as they literally will not let go! Prepped surfaces are a thing of the past. And i did a pull to 150 the other day and stood on ...More
gadgedeezy · Reviewed on ebay.com
a year ago
I had these in 245/40-18 on my Ford Focus ST, and I was very impressed by these tires especially for the price. Performed very well in auto-x (I did 2 events, 12 runs), and I pushed these tires hard. Really good traction, great cornering and roadholding, nice stiff sidewall with little to no roll. I live in South Florida where we don't have snow so can't comment on that but we do gets lost of heavy rain and these tires were downright scary in the rain so be careful in the wet. I also can't comment on tread life as I auto-x so my tires wear out a lot faster than just normal driving. For the money though these are awesome! And Simpletire is 10/10, will definitely use you guys from here on out.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:18 PM
3rd Gear

I read the reviews online. Watched vids etc. I was looking for RDX owners who have of have had them.
Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:15 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts
I’m not a big Firestone fan, I’m a Pirelli tires and OZ Rally wheels fan myself. If they’re good enough for F1 they’re good enough for my RDX haha
Old 03-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
I had them on a Honda CR-Z. They've got excellent grip on wet/dry and I felt they were rather quiet and comfortable for that kind of performance and especially for the price.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:25 PM
3rd Gear

These will be for my daily driver. The treadwear rating is 300AA which is the same as my pilots that are on there. I have dedicated winter tires for the canadian winters.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,574 Likes on 6,625 Posts
Don't you have these @TylerT
Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Don't you have these @TylerT
I have the all seasons versions so far ..

I've only put around 500 miles on them but otherwise, can't complain
Old 03-15-2019, 11:30 PM
CSmoney28

Received 164 Likes on 144 Posts

My dream 😏, wheel and tire set up!