What would you do/ask for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

In all honesty, I'm about done with this RDX. The reliability and the reality of the gas mileage are starting to wear on me. I like Acura and I will probably buy another in the future. If they can't give me some type of concrete problem/solution list, I'm going to see about trading it back in for either a new FWD RDX or a new TSX wagon.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Advanced

So I got the car back from the dealer. They said that all the problems are "soft" errors and the fact that it shuts back off says that it's nothing major (once again they could only find the codes in the logger and could not re-produce). They keep thinking that it's some type of interference problem (Ipod, cell phone charger, somewhere I drive). I don't use any chargers in my car and if the area I drive was the problem then every Acura that travels down the PA turnpike from Cranberry to Irwin would have this problem. He did tell me that they've had a couple more people with this problem which consoles me but doesn't actually help.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
haole kama'a-ina

Received 123 Likes on 72 Posts
They are giving you a run-around.

The TPMS is not that complicated. The codes are very specific and identify the failure, then there is a specific procedure to follow.

It would be helpful to re-produce the error, but not necessary; that's what logging the failure code is for.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
^ what he said. I would not take the car back unless the problem is fixed. Now, if they have not been able to replicate the problem, have you been able to SHOW them the problem?
I had issues with the sound system, every time they would tell me that the diagnostics CD didn't show any problems. I turned on the radio and showed them what the problem "sounded" like. They finally fixed it.
That "soft error" excuse is BS. So you (Acura) are telling me that my car has a problem and you cannot fix it, but I shouldn't worry because is a "soft error"?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Advanced

I agree that I'm getting the run around. At one visit they will tell me all these things that they checked in hopes of finding a problem and then when it happens again, they try to hit their auto-response button and tell me the same thing again. They've had the car twice and told me that they think it is interference from something. THEN FIGURE IT OUT!!! There are only so many things that can cause this problem. I don't use an accessory music player and I think I've charged my cell phone in the car 3 times.

I'm in the medical field so I know how to record events and try to be as specific as I can. I also like to tinker with cars so the idea of electronic tuning, software configuration, and OBD systems in not new.

Last edited by jbillakdsm; 04-05-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: additional info