Acceleration Delay

Old 09-22-2017, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Acceleration Delay

Hello,

I have a 2007 Acura RDX, Tech Package, 162k miles. Recently it has started to delay on acceleration. When at a stop light car will audibly shift down (?) or sound like it has less power, then when light is green I will push pedal almost to floor. Car will accel very, very slowly off the line for approximately 7 seconds (in my recorded video) where RMP's will hold between 2000-3000 with turbo maxing out. Then after about 7 seconds, gear shifts and RMP's jolt up to 3500 for 1-2 seconds and then drops back down to 1,900 RPM. I can get around this by using Sport shift and the paddle shifters - I start off the line at M2 with slight hesitation (but not the 7 second accel delay) and proceed as normal. Check Engine Light CEL is not on. I had transmission flush in Feb 2017. Checked dipstick last week, no weird smell or discoloration and levels are where they should be.

A few odd things I have noticed:
AcuraLink (nav system) will beep at me intermittently while driving, as if the car has just turned on it it shows me the terms of use or whatever that long body of copy is
More often this happens after I have or am currently going down a slight incline - when going down on-ramp to interstate, leaving parking garage at airport, leaving parking garage at mall
Attached Files
File Type: mov
videoplayback (1).mov (1.85 MB, 37 views)
Old 09-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Transmission flush isn't recommended by Honda/Acura; I am not sure whether what you did was a "true" flush or just a quick swap of roughly 1/3 of the fluid. If it was done at an Acura dealership, I wouldn't worry too much about that unless this is the first time that was done.

Aside from the potential transmission issue, I would do a quick check to see the voltage from the alternator - if it's not above 13.5v (ideally 14v) in any circumstances, you might want to get that checked. All weird things can happen on modern cars if power supply is constrained.
The following users liked this post:
rdxsaia (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OP.....Unfortunately, your vehicle is running in "Limp Mode". The car's ECU is holding it back to protect itself.

You're gonna need to pony up and have your local Acura dealer do a scan with their HDS tool. Gonna be almost impossible to diagnose without doing that.
The following users liked this post:
rdxsaia (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 12:09 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrclemson
Transmission flush isn't recommended by Honda/Acura; I am not sure whether what you did was a "true" flush or just a quick swap of roughly 1/3 of the fluid. If it was done at an Acura dealership, I wouldn't worry too much about that unless this is the first time that was done.

Aside from the potential transmission issue, I would do a quick check to see the voltage from the alternator - if it's not above 13.5v (ideally 14v) in any circumstances, you might want to get that checked. All weird things can happen on modern cars if power supply is constrained.
It was a quickie flush at a local oil shop. I did read beforehand that it can be bad for the connections/blow through them and cause leaks. Did it anyway due to weird shifting issues.

As far as the issue I was having, testing the battery at 12V and replaced while still under warranty at AutoZone. Lights are no longer flickering, AcuraLink is not beeping at me mid-drive, and as of yet have not had any problems off the start line from first. Hoping a simple batter replace has fixed the issue!

Search this Thread