2011 Door panel

Old 01-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 Door panel

I've had some of the same upholstery problems as others in this forum: the center armrest looks like hell, and the driver's side door panel's upholstery is bubbling. The bubbles seem to occur where my forearm rubs against the panel when I'm opening the door, especially during the summer when I wear sunscreen on my arms. The door armrest is starting to ripple, but I'll get to that later.

I found a local upholstery shop that's highly recommended on Yelp and elsewhere that will redo the center console for $200 if I hand him the lid. I will have him do the work this week and post pics later. He's asking about the door panel, and how the different sections go together. I couldn't find anything about that here, and the Acura Parts Warehouse parts diagrams don't show enough detail.

Do the different segments of the door panel come apart easily? Are they fusion-welded together, making replacement of the whole panel necessary? Has anyone replaced just one portion of the door upholstery?

Old 01-19-2018, 01:18 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgaffney
I've had some of the same upholstery problems as others in this forum: the center armrest looks like hell, and the driver's side door panel's upholstery is bubbling. The bubbles seem to occur where my forearm rubs against the panel when I'm opening the door, especially during the summer when I wear sunscreen on my arms. The door armrest is starting to ripple, but I'll get to that later.
I found a local upholstery shop that's highly recommended on Yelp and elsewhere that will redo the center console for $200 if I hand him the lid. I will have him do the work this week and post pics later. He's asking about the door panel, and how the different sections go together. I couldn't find anything about that here, and the Acura Parts Warehouse parts diagrams don't show enough detail.
Do the different segments of the door panel come apart easily? Are they fusion-welded together, making replacement of the whole panel necessary? Has anyone replaced just one portion of the door upholstery?
Hello Segments of the door panel come apart not so easy.. They are welded together with plastic rivet.
But for change this mess you dont have to separate them. Just take off all self-tapping screws, remove little box, window control panel and armrest. Then you can change this segments.
Recently i wrapped armrests with alcantara and door handle with carbonlook tape by myself.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Door panel-1.png   2011 Door panel-2.jpg  
Old 01-19-2018, 01:26 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, i think i get it wrong. You mean perforated sections, i can answer about it liitle bit later.