Acura RDX Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura RDX Eibach Springs

Hi All,

Wanted to let anyone wishing to do the Eibach Springs/Lowering Kit mod know that the manufacturer has quit making this Kit. I ordered it from 3 different places (1 of which was on Ebay) who then came back to me saying they could no longer get the kit and they refunded my money. I finally found the kit in stock at partsgeek.com.

So in short, if you ever plan on doing this mod you may want to get the kit now as it may be extremely hard to find in the near future.

Also, got the Hondata reflash back today for my 08 RDX and it is awesome. I also have done the following and would be happy to answer any questions for anyone that may be interested in doing the same:

KN Typhoon Cold Air Intake
OEM Body Side Molding
OEM Front Underbody Spoiler
OEM Diffuser
HID 12000k headlights
Blue LEDs interior and license plate
LED Stop, Driving, 3rd Stop, and Reverse Lights
Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Brake Pads
Blue Pait Kit for Calipers
Radar Detector Mount to rear view mirror stem and hardwired to auto dimming
Ultimate Pedals (gas, break, dead)
19" OEM Acura Chrome Look Rims
245/45/19R Pirelli Nero tires
Sunroof Visor

Will gladly post pics once I am eligible.

DR
Old 01-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Advanced

I got a question for the group. Does anyone know if ATLP is still going to manufacture/sell the custom exhaust system. I see they have been out of stock on their web site for a while and I sent them an email to ask them and no reply.

Also, has anyone looked at the Magnum True Dual Exhaust system? See Link http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detai..._4_round_tips1

I have'nt seen anyone talk about this system on this forum. Am curious if it is as good as the ATLP system (it is a bit cheaper), if it works with the CAI and Reflash Mods. I have seem some posts that say running exhaust, intake and relash runs dangerously rich, others have done it and report no problems. I am wondering if Hondata adjusted the reflash to handle both, or is it just luck that it works ok for some?

thanks
Old 01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Which sites did you order from?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
It's out of stock now...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Advanced

autoanywhere was one site, can't remember the other.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Advanced

Anybody have any comments on the Magnum Exhaust????
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 AM
2008 Acura RDX

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
^ Actually we never heard of it before!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:53 PM
PM me if you need a reply

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I ordered my Eibachs from Amazon the other week and they were the best price I could find! $230 free shipping, sold by Amazon. Now it looks like they're sold by another merchant with paid shipping. LINK HERE

Looks like ATLP ceased production. That magnum exhaust system states that it's universal and seems like it needs to be assembled (not bolt on).

Having all three (intake, exhaust and reflash) can make things go lean, depending on the piping diameter I believe. So if the diameters are stock sizes then we may be ok but that's just a theory.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Advanced

Thanks infamous.

BTW, got my springs yesterday from Partsgeek so they definately do have them.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Advanced

I can't find these ANYWHERE (tried at least 6 online stores)... If anyone has a heads-up, I'd appreciate it...
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Advanced

Finally found someone (shox.com) that had one pair on their shelves (sold to me). To help anyone else who's looking for a set, keep in mind that most online merchants use only a handful of distribution sites. I've kept tabs on who I've reached out to and confirmed that they don't have them (see below). My advice would be to call them if they have a number and ask them if they can physically confirm they have them on their shelf. Good luck and happy hunting...

Confirmed to not have on their shelves:

AutoAccessoriesgarage
autogrimming.com
automotiveconcepts.net
autopartsdealer.com
autoshepherd.com
BuyLoweringSprings
coolcarpartsonline.com
JEGS High Performance
Lightning Motorsports
momentumgt.com
Partsgeek
racinglab.com
Summit Racing
Tirerack.com
tunersdepot.com

Got no response:

360tuners.com
autoanything.com
rsaperformance.com
s2parts.com
Merchant selling them on ebay (ultrarevparts)
Merchant selling them on Amazon (TheFactoryDepot)
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Advanced

Great update, glad you found them. Had mine installed last week (along with the 19" Chrome look acura rims and Pirelli Zero Nero tires and it handles awesome (not to mention the slight drop looks nice). Have been taking curvy back roads home the past few days just for fun lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by droebuck
Great update, glad you found them. Had mine installed last week (along with the 19" Chrome look acura rims and Pirelli Zero Nero tires and it handles awesome (not to mention the slight drop looks nice). Have been taking curvy back roads home the past few days just for fun lol.
Post some pics!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Is a camber kit needed when you lower your cuv?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Advanced

I would be happy to post pics but I dont think I can yet because either I don't have enough posts, or enough time as a member. At least my posting rules say I cannot post attachments.

To answer the question on the camber kit, it is not needed with the Eibach springs. The springs will lower the front and rear just over an inch. Probably not enough to be noticable except to the owner who will notice the space between the top of the fender and the wheel has decreased. Can't really notice it from the drivers seat. For me it was about the handling. Driving those twisty roads you start to feel (especially if you have the Hondata reflash and are in Sport shift mode) like your driving a go cart it is so responsive without much roll.

JCRDX11, when you have them installed those yellow rubber stops that came with the kit are useless. They will use your stock ones as the stock stops are much larger in circumfrance. Make sure when you do it you get an alignment as well. I did a 4 wheel because I figured since it is AWD and the springs hit all wheels this would probably be needed, however I am not really sure, maybe a 2 wheel would work.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Advanced

I just figured out that I can make an album, so I just ran outside, took some pics and posted them in my album. Take a look. Not the greatest as it is pretty dark and my flash is not the greatest but at least you can check it out somewhat.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 AM

Just got mine installed and I'm lovin it! The difference in looks is very subtle without looking slammed but the handling has improved greatly.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 AM
2008 Acura RDX

droebuk, can u take a close-up of the strip lights under the head lights in the day light so that we can see how you mounted them. And also what type strip leds you used?

Name:  rdxstrpL.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  44.9 KB
Old 01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Suzuka Master

I just figured out that I can make an album, so I just ran outside, took some pics and posted them in my album. Take a look. Not the greatest as it is pretty dark and my flash is not the greatest but at least you can check it out somewhat.
Originally Posted by wspy
droebuk, can u take a close-up of the strip lights under the head lights in the day light so that we can see how you mounted them. And also what type strip leds you used?

Thanks for the pix! I've seen the LED's on a 1998 Audi, do they just pressure fit between the light housing and bumper? Personally, I think it a waste of money, however it does give the front of your ride a more menacing angry-eye look by defining the headlight outline better.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:20 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by fopaul13
Finally found someone (shox.com) that had one pair on their shelves (sold to me). To help anyone else who's looking for a set, keep in mind that most online merchants use only a handful of distribution sites. I've kept tabs on who I've reached out to and confirmed that they don't have them (see below). My advice would be to call them if they have a number and ask them if they can physically confirm they have them on their shelf. Good luck and happy hunting...

AutoAccessoriesgarage
autogrimming.com
automotiveconcepts.net
autopartsdealer.com
autoshepherd.com
BuyLoweringSprings
coolcarpartsonline.com
JEGS High Performance
Lightning Motorsports
momentumgt.com
Partsgeek
racinglab.com
Summit Racing
Tirerack.com
tunersdepot.com

Got no response:

360tuners.com
autoanything.com
rsaperformance.com
s2parts.com
Got the last ones at Tirerack.com last week =) and i dont even have an RDX yet haha thought i would prepair for later just incase
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Sorry, got this a little late to take a day pic. I got the LED strips at ijdmtoy.com, they were $16 bucks for two 20" strips (they fit perfect at that size to either go on the top or bottom. I chose bottom cause on the top the strip will be exposed when you open the hood. They just peel and stick. I installed mine while I was replacing my fogs with HIDs, so I had the bumper off anyways. Then I took the light unit off (4 #10 bolts, 2 clips). You can see my post in DIY for headlight replacement and it tells in detail how to remove the bumper and headlight units. I then just stuck it along the bottom of the headlight unit, and you can wire it up (pos and neg) to any of the lights up front. I just used a plastic clip wire connector to install.

I am not sure, but there may be just enough room to squeeze it under the headlight unit, but then you need to figure out how to get the wire on the other side without it showing. I was also afraid of trying to squeeze it in there and damaging the leds. I'm not too sure yet if I like it or not, but I figured it was cheap enough, and as I said I was working in the area any way, to go ahead and try them.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Advanced

I was able to run out and get some close up of the LED strip lights. Not sure if you can really see much. I also took a couple of pics of the wiring. I need to clean it up a little and make it neater They are posted in my album so you can go ahead and take a look
Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 PM
2008 NBP

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
is it just me or is that RDX on the ground?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Lol, its just you. My drive way slopes down and its the angle. I thought the same thing after I took the pic.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
Got the last ones at Tirerack.com last week =) and i dont even have an RDX yet haha thought i would prepair for later just incase
I hope you never get an RDX and need $300 soon so I can swoop 'um off you at the next meet.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Advanced

$300, them springs are like gold now and appreciating fast!! LOL
Old 01-30-2011, 06:44 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
^ yes they are.. saw someone on craigslist try to sell them for 400 already.. and thats used
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM

In stock on Amazon. Currently $254.36 + $32.99 shipping.

LINK HERE
Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Advanced

Most of the time a website will say in stock and when you order they try to get it from Eibach (who is out). So it is best to call/e-mail first before giving them any payment and having them verify they actually have them on hand (and I hope they do). But unfortunately just seeing it on a web site does not mean they can get them.

Hey Infamous, do you have any pics of your ride posted on this site? Id'e be interested in checking out your blacked out grill and hearing how you did it.

thanks

Last edited by droebuck; 01-31-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added to message
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fopaul13

AutoAccessoriesgarage
autogrimming.com
automotiveconcepts.net
autopartsdealer.com
autoshepherd.com
BuyLoweringSprings
coolcarpartsonline.com
JEGS High Performance
Lightning Motorsports
momentumgt.com
Partsgeek
racinglab.com
Summit Racing
Tirerack.com
tunersdepot.com

Got no response:

360tuners.com
autoanything.com
rsaperformance.com
s2parts.com
Confirmed that ultrarev does not have them
Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 30 Posts
Does anyone in the Bay Area know of any decent shops to have these installed? I picked a set up a few weeks ago and every place I've been quoted has been $250+/- and, I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a bit high to install springs. If I can't find a good shop to install them, I may just sell them as having them on my car isn't the biggest priority to me, and I could use the money for a reflash instead.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Iakonafuji
Does anyone in the Bay Area know of any decent shops to have these installed? I picked a set up a few weeks ago and every place I've been quoted has been $250+/- and, I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a bit high to install springs. If I can't find a good shop to install them, I may just sell them as having them on my car isn't the biggest priority to me, and I could use the money for a reflash instead.
I had mine installed for $175 at Auto Innovations in Milpitas. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Iakonafuji

Let me know if you want to sell. Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Craigslist. The price isn't bad either.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2182346022.html
Old 02-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Advanced

When you guys got these installed, did you have to use the yellow rubber caps?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:30 AM
2008 Acura RDX

No, use the factory ones!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
very nice, i say best RDX i have ever seen. i like the wheels, one of only few wheels that really match the RDX. Personally though i would stick a red honda badge on this car and use 8000k beams, 5000k leds with yellow fogs.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Instructor

alright guys, i spoke with tony jackson @ eibach and he said that if i found enough interest "close to about 50 committed ppl" there is a strong possibility that they would make us the alotted number of kits. we may have to pay up front, but let's get this headcount started:

1. Vash337
Old 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Name:  rdxstrpL.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  44.9 KB[/QUOTE]

Do you have HID on your highbeam?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
2008 NBP

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol, its just you. My drive way slopes down and its the angle. I thought the same thing after I took the pic.
any pics from the side preferably in the day??

Quick Reply: Acura RDX Eibach Springs