XM disappears

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM disappears

Twice now I have gone to XM and I get a channel, but in audio (Tech Pkg) all XM channels I had programmed are missing, all blank, in fact info is missing it no longer show category, channell nothing they are all blank. I can't change to a different XM channel; nothing all of a sudden is showing or working for XM. On my drives there are no obstruction issues all open sky! Has any one had this happen? I only have 1100 miles on my 08, and I have hard nothing in the way of XM having issues.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Racer

My RDX is 1 year old. I have never had a problem with XM (aside from poor music quality).
Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Is your 3 month free trial up? It sounds like either service was turned off or there's a hard ware issue like a bad antenna connection or something isn't plugged into the back of the radio properly. ??
Old 07-20-2008, 03:20 PM
fmcgirt

Originally Posted by Scottieb
Twice now I have gone to XM and I get a channel, but in audio (Tech Pkg) all XM channels I had programmed are missing, all blank, in fact info is missing it no longer show category, channell nothing they are all blank. I can't change to a different XM channel; nothing all of a sudden is showing or working for XM. On my drives there are no obstruction issues all open sky! Has any one had this happen? I only have 1100 miles on my 08, and I have hard nothing in the way of XM having issues.
I have had exactly this problem maybe three times now with my 2008 RDX Tech with about 800 mi on it. Usually turning off then on the audio with the knob fixes it but at least once I have had to turn the vehicle completely off and then on to fix it. When this happens I get the XM Preview Channel exactly as if I have not subscribed. I am still well within my 3 month trial period. I am starting to think that I have a bad XM radio head so I am hoping it will fail completely so that I can get it fixed.

Frank
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Trip
Is your 3 month free trial up? It sounds like either service was turned off or there's a hard ware issue like a bad antenna connection or something isn't plugged into the back of the radio properly. ??
+1...I think that your trial period is up...
I would loose signal if going through a tunnel, sometimes even going under an overpass, it would be sporadic and not for too long...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:59 AM
fmcgirt

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
+1...I think that your trial period is up...
I would loose signal if going through a tunnel, sometimes even going under an overpass, it would be sporadic and not for too long...
Thanks for the response but my trial period is definitely not up since I have only had the vehicle for about a month. Also when I cancelled XM from our previous vehicle I added the remainder of that subscription to the RDX to take effect after the trial period ends. XM might have screwed up on the trial period but I would think that the service would go off completely and not come back on after a vehicle restart.

I found an Acura service bulletin with exactly these symptoms:

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b08-021.pdf

but my vehicle is out of range of the affected VINs and already has the latest software.

As for losing the XM signal in a tunnel or even between tall buildings this is normal behavior as your vehicle is probably out of view of the XM satellite.

Frank
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

I have had this issue as well and my VIN falls outside of the range.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 PM
fmcgirt

Originally Posted by Nintova
I have had this issue as well and my VIN falls outside of the range.
Thanks, I am glad to get that data point. I think I will wait until time for my first service or the failure becomes solid and take it in. So far that is the only thing I have to complain about with the RDX. It is really a nice vehicle.

Frank