No AcuraLink Messages on my new RDX

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No AcuraLink Messages on my new RDX

From everything I've read, I'm supposed to be getting a message every day on my new RDX (AWD + Tech). I've had it for a few weeks now, and haven't gotten any messages. In fact, the word "Messages" is greyed out on the screen. I know that my iPhone 4 won't work with this system, but I think I should be receiving messages even though the car can't talk to the Acura servers.

Is there something I need to do to start getting those messages?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:22 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SDMDRDX
From everything I've read, I'm supposed to be getting a message every day on my new RDX (AWD + Tech). I've had it for a few weeks now, and haven't gotten any messages. In fact, the word "Messages" is greyed out on the screen. I know that my iPhone 4 won't work with this system, but I think I should be receiving messages even though the car can't talk to the Acura servers.

If true that you would get a message every day, it must be a new thing, and sounds annoying if you ask me...
Where did you read that? as far as I know messages are only for "important" things, like maintenance or reminders, etc, not just for the heck of it.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
5th Gear

I've read on several postings on this site that for the first few weeks, you get one message a day - tips about the car. I think it may have said that in the manual too. I agree it would be annoying if it happened all the time, but at this point, I'm not even sure that this whole AcuraLink think even works because I've never seen a message.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 AM
6th Gear

I just traded "down" from MDX to RDX which is a lot more fun to drive. The MDX did send new messages which were helpful. I also can't connect to Acura server, but Bluetooth works fine in all other ways. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S Android. The tech pkg doesn't understand commands as well as the MDX ('08) did. May need dealer help. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by arthurdmd
I just traded "down" from MDX to RDX which is a lot more fun to drive. The MDX did send new messages which were helpful. I also can't connect to Acura server, but Bluetooth works fine in all other ways. Phone is Samsung Galaxy S Android. The tech pkg doesn't understand commands as well as the MDX ('08) did. May need dealer help. Any other ideas?
Thanks
I don't know about other Acura models, but I feel that the voice command in the RDX sucks! to make matters worse, I have an accent, so the computer (when it actually understands) performs the wrong operation, i.e. I ask for a radio station and the AC gets turned off....or something else..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wrestrepo
I don't know about other Acura models, but I feel that the voice command in the RDX sucks! to make matters worse, I have an accent, so the computer (when it actually understands) performs the wrong operation, i.e. I ask for a radio station and the AC gets turned off....or something else..

Same thing here. But it does recognize when I dial and say the number. Th voice commands on the RDX aren't the best.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:50 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Originally Posted by MPBRDX
Same thing here. But it does recognize when I dial and say the number. Th voice commands on the RDX aren't the best.
the phone is hit or miss....but I feel it works better than the other commands.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SDMDRDX

When I first got my 2010RDX I did receive messages. Then after a while I noticed that they stopped. I found out the my cell phone company (Sprint) discontinued a type of data service that allowed for all this to happen.
Somewhere (don't have the manual w/ me now) in all the RDX menus there is a section where you can set up the link and test the phone's connection. The dealer had originally set it up for me, but when it stopped woprking, they were not able to re-do it. Again pointing the fault to my phone service.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 PM
7th Gear

the first message that appears it clearly says that there are preprogramed messages to better help you get to know the vehicle better and for the first 90 days or once all messages have appeared. all these messages are stored in the headunit