Mimic RDX Bluetooth on TV, Stereo, Home Media Center?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Mimic RDX Bluetooth on TV, Stereo, Home Media Center?

I love my RDX. I LOVE the sound system and the radio and the easy handsfree speaker connection. I can easily carry on a conversation via my iPhone in the car. In my house, the sound sucks, plus I have to hold it and carry it around. All the little speakers, made for cars, are awful, tiny, tinny and mediocre sound.

For years, there has been talk about smart houses that talk to and interact with us (like our RDX friend--but with "TV on, oven off, wake up Jimmy, etc). But there doesn't seem to be any eqipment to interact with our phones at home (other than the ones made for cars that don't work well in larger spaces).

I want to be able to carry my phone into my house, and have my home media center or my television speakers or my stereo speakers take over! I want to be able to easily switch to booming sound (okay to pick up a clip-on microphone as I enter, if necessary) for my telephone calls.

I think Bluetooth speakers could help. I mean big, Stereo or Surround sound speakers!

Is there such a system in existence for a reasonable price?

I've been searching for months and can only find little car accessories. It seems that I'm the only one online who has any interest in this, but perhaps it's because others haven't had the Bluetooth RDX perfection (well, okay, it's a little quirky) yet.

What do you think and do you know of any such system in existence?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
No, but I agree with you this would be tremendously convenient and will almost certainly happen in the future. We keep hearing about "smart houses", but maybe I'm just not in the right economic strata to see it becoming reality yet. I am aware of systems that let you broadcast various A/V streams to different rooms in the house (e.g. if you're watching TV and then go to the kitchen to prepare a snack, the sound can be transferred to the speakers in the kitchen), but none that are Bluetooth connected to be able to handle things like a handoff from the car to the house.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe. I don't really need or want (yet) to turn on my lights via voice (it's difficult enough to make a phone call <g> what with her "mishearing" and coming up with crazy responses and "pardon?" so I want to throttle her sometimes. I think it is still easier to go flip the flipping light switch than to struggle with still learning AI voice commands )

However, I can foresee the FIRST step to be this sort of bluetooth phone interaction. Someone needs to develop it.

This morning, I was wondering how the bluetooth connection to my laptop could work with this. I've never had any reason to use the BT with the netbook, but . . . any ideas??