Compustar RF-P2W9000-SS installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compustar RF-P2W9000-SS installed

Audio Designs just installed the Compustar RF-P2W9000-SS.
So far the remote start is working perfect except the alarm.
While sitting inside,I press the lock,waited a few seconds then opened the door,the remote beeps a few times telling me that the door is open but there's no alarm siren from the vehicle. I'm going back there tomorrow to have this checked but there's a few stuff i wanted to ask.

with the stock remote u have to press twice for all the doors to be unlocked while the compustar press once and all doors unlock. I didnt notice this b4 the compustar is installed but
if all the doors is unlock do they automatically lock when u drive say pass 3K rpm?

When i asked them about the Starter kill and Anti Grind they said something about they dont install it cause it usually cause the car not to start and went ahead telling me u definitely dont want to be stranded do u? well i sure dont so just agreed not to be installed. but is this true?

Thank U
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
After-market systems can be a bitch to install with an existing factory alarms. It is possible that the two units are incompatible. Why are you adding a non-A-spec remote starter? The factory set-up is $100 less.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry not really sure wahts a non A spec is

im 500km away from dealership and they charged $900Can for the remote start installed and compustar is $750Can installed
thats time and $150 save so i just went ahead with compustar.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Oh, I see. Wow, the dealers can be so greedy. I found one at a dealer for $275USD. So the labor charge is out of sight on these. I know that the factory RS must be installed at a Authorized Acura Dealership because there is a registration process that is required that can only be done using the Acura HDS system. Look at this post for more information;
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-2007-2012-147/acura-factory-remote-starter-680630/
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the deal I too installed the same alarm system. You now have actually two alarm systems in the car and they don't talk to each other completely, but they do talk to each other partially. The new RDX 2011 has a feature that passively re-alarms the RDX's alarm system if you unlock the car but do not actually open a door. There is even a choice in the settings as to how long it will take to do that. But keep in mine that's only if you don't open the door in that time period. So if you now use the autostar to unlock the doors the factory system has no way of knowing that and the horn, lights etc. goes off when you actually open the door. I'm thinking they do that this way in the event you accidentally unlock the door by pushing the button on the factory keyfob while perhaps its in your pocket as you walk away from the car not realizing you disarmed your system. Anyway there is no way to defeat this feature, just keep it in mind and work around it. You may also notice that if the car is started with the doors open the doors will lock because that is what the factory system is designed to do but it will not feed that info back to the Autostar two-way remote. It's kinda like Acura really doesn't want you to buy Autostars stuff and autostar doesn't have the rights/or information to truly intergrate with the RDX's electrical systems. But it's always been that way cars are just more complicated today.