can i dial a number using my phone but talk using bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i dial a number using my phone but talk using bluetooth?

everytime i have to "say" the number, but I think it is the problem of my pronouncation, there is always some problems untill i repeated 2 or 3 times. I dont know if there is any method can make the call by the dialpad but talk through blooth.

cheers
Old 04-02-2007, 07:25 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
yes just dial on the phone, then click the hfl button and say transfer
Old 04-02-2007, 08:05 AM
9th Gear

I had the same problem with the voice recognition. I just sat there patiently and manually added all the phone #'s from my cell to the navigation system address book. Now when I make a call I just go to the Navigation system address book and dial from there. It takes time to program all of your #s, but it is really convenient.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by neo1738
yes just dial on the phone, then click the hfl button and say transfer
That doesn't always work and you can't hear the "call progress" if you initiate the call with your phone.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Intermediate

i will try it, thx
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SolidState
That doesn't always work and you can't hear the "call progress" if you initiate the call with your phone.
Oh, and if you try to transfer before the person you are calling picks up, the HFL will say "phone is in use." You have to wait about a second after the other person picks up before you can do a transfer. Also, because there is no audio or receiver, there is a chance the person you calling may hang up because they think no one is on the phone. A real intellegent design.

Just my experience with the motorola Razr, not sure if other phones work this way and I'm not sure if it's the phone or the HFL that is dictating this operation.

I would store my address book but I have too many numbers and the nav address book too much work to keep updated. HFL phone book is unreliable and only stores 50 numbers.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SolidState
Oh, and if you try to transfer before the person you are calling picks up, the HFL will say "phone is in use." You have to wait about a second after the other person picks up before you can do a transfer. Also, because there is no audio or receiver, there is a chance the person you calling may hang up because they think no one is on the phone. A real intellegent design.

Just my experience with the motorola Razr, not sure if other phones work this way and I'm not sure if it's the phone or the HFL that is dictating this operation.
My RAZR did not work this way. As soon as I hit send, I hit the HFL button and say transfer and it transfers usually before or during the first ring. Works the same way with my KRZR too. Maybe you need to update the firmware on your phone. Both my phones are Verizon flavor.....
Old 04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

what is hfl button?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:15 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
on ur steering wheel u have two buttons for blue tooth, the top is the call/send/etc button, the bottom is the end/back button. as for my verizon motorola razor, it works perfectly for me, just dial the number on the phone, hit the call/send/etc button and say transfer, sometimes if the phone doesnt "connect" then it will say no call in progress, but usually that doesnt happen
Old 04-04-2007, 04:51 PM
2007 RDX CGP/Taupe

I tried mine this morning on my way to work. Dialed the number via the phone then immediately hit the HFL talk button, said 'transfer' and the call transferred before the other party picked up. This actually fixes a problem, when calling using the HFL, the other party could not see my phone number....it always showed up as 'private'. Not sure if this is a problem with particular phones or if it is a universal problem. My phone is a T-Mobile Dash.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by grooks1
This actually fixes a problem, when calling using the HFL, the other party could not see my phone number....it always showed up as 'private'. Not sure if this is a problem with particular phones or if it is a universal problem. My phone is a T-Mobile Dash.
I've never had anyone mention that to me when I call using HFL, but Iguess that doesn't mean it happens. These days people usually tell you if your number came up private when they expect to see the number.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sasair
My RAZR did not work this way. As soon as I hit send, I hit the HFL button and say transfer and it transfers usually before or during the first ring. Works the same way with my KRZR too. Maybe you need to update the firmware on your phone. Both my phones are Verizon flavor.....
I asked about this before and this is the first time anyone said anything different. I will take my phone back to cingular and see if they have a firmware update. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by sasair
OK Sasair, I went to the Cingular store today and asked about the problem I was having and if there was a new firmware for my phone, they directed me to Alliance Cell in Hoffman Mistake, IL (golf and rosselle) and they would upgrade my phone until they get software for the car. WTF. I didn't know what software they were takin' about, they said I should get a CD for the HFL for my car. Is this true? Is there software for the HFL? Said, ok just forget about the HFL for my car and upgrade the firmware for my phone and they claim it may not work with my car anymore if they upgrade the phone. All I want to do is make calls from my phone and have the hfl carry the call progress or let me transfer.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Instructor

I just say"transfer" after hitting the HFL button on the car, and calls transfer without the other party noticing (other then my call words). (I use Verizon)
Old 04-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same here. i just dial from my samsung a90 (verizon) & they hit the hfl button, transfer & i'm on the system. done it dozens of times. only twice did it not take my command on the first try.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a TMobile MDA and I can very easily dial a number from the device's contact list or keypad. Once the unit starts dialing, I can click the 'hands free' link on the device and it will transfer to the RDX (just like any other BT headset).