2008 RDX - Bluetooth only delivers static popping - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

2008 RDX - Bluetooth only delivers static popping

Old 08-05-2017, 12:48 AM   #1

2008 RDX - Bluetooth only delivers static popping

Hey there! I just bought a 2008 RDX Tech with 97K. The car was meticulously cared for and everything is in amazing shape, except I just realized the HFL doesn't seem to work. I can engage it by pressing the (Call Accept) button and command it by saying "Pair" but rather than hearing the voice with directions... I simply hear a popping and cracking static noise. The radio works fine and sounds beautiful but the HFL simply is blank.

I am able to get through the pairing screens to the point where I give it four digits, but I don't know if I'm missing a step but my phone also cannot discover the HFL signal. Is it possible that the bluetooth module was disconnected due to battery drain, or something? Considering the first owner did all their work at a dealer I would expect that to have been part of the service history.

Any advice/feedback would be appreciated, I just hope I am not getting into a huge wiring mess now! Otherwise, this car is amazing!
liftsifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #2

Anyone... anyone... bueller, bueller...
liftsifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
mrgold35

Sounds like a dead or dying HFL. I don't know where the HFL is located in the RDX? I hardly see used replacements for under $100. Maybe some type of aftermarket unit and you can add bluetooth audio streaming also?
mrgold35 is online now   Reply With Quote