1G RDX tech speaker replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:51 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1G RDX tech speaker replacement?

As a young kid I used to be a car audio gearhead. Now not so much. I've forgotten more than a lot of people know on the subject I'm sure. But that's for good reason. Don't do it anymore and don't really care.

But this RDX needs some speakers. There are a couple door speakers that sound damaged and I don't know if it something I can fix until I get in there. I have tried to read up and haven't gotten much of anywhere.

Best I have to go on so far is these are 6.75" 2 ohm mid bass drivers? There are available adapter plates and harness adapters, which to me is good. Simple and clean, no fuss.

Where is the amplifier located??? I am not sure if I want to replace it and all of the factory speakers. Or if I want to just replace the door speakers. I'm also not sure if I want to get component stuff and just use the drivers, or if I want to get 2 way or 3 way speakers. Don't know anything about the amp or crossover filters in place. And not sure what will clear the speaker grills in the door panels either. I want to keep that simple and keep stock.

It's not exactly as easy as I thought it would be to find 2 ohm speakers online. That's the one thing I'm most surprised with. I figured in the age of the Internet it would be easy to search and filter for 2 ohm speakers in 6.5 or 6.75.

I also recall Ohms are not always cut and dried. Sometimes you can get away with changing without problems. Just depends.

Who has done what on this system?

Don't worry, I'm not a fan boy of any particular brands. Heck I'm not even sure how far I want to go here. I'd probably be OK just to have door speakers playing music instead of making noise. Even junk that is matched up well and installed well can sound pretty good in my experience.

I think I have one bad front and one bad rear door speaker. So I might even toss 2, move one and install just one pair. I don't really know. Have no idea because it was like this when I got it. So I have never had an opportunity to hear it before it went crappy.