Winter Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:36 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter Floor Mats

I am new to this forum, although I have been reading it for some time. I live in Toronto, and have had a Black RDX-Tech since late November 2006. I am thrilled with it and have come from a 2002 A4 Quattro. I will contrast the two in a later post, but for the moment, I would like to ask readers about options for winter mats. Apart from what you can buy from Acura, there must be better values out there.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

I have found cheaper floor mats but not ones that fit as well as the winter ones from Acura. They pretty well go edge to edge and protect most of the carpet, except for below the gas pedal. The other good thing about these ones is the rear mat covers the entire back row, so kids going from one side to the other walk on the mat and not the carpet.

Until Weathertech makes a floorliner mat for the RDX, the dealer ones for me are the best option.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah that was the only comment that came to my mind was the fit. The model is still pretty new for third party vendors to be making an RDX specific mat.

Besides that, welcome to the board! Don't forget to sign in in the sign in thread!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the winter mats from acura. The fit is excellent and covers a great deal of area - I too especially love the one for the back seat as most only go in front of the actual seats making a messy carpet between the seats inevitable. I have to say though the manufacturer ones that my BF have on his Infiniti are far superior with much deaper wells for drips. They seem to be much more able to handle larger amounts of slush and water. I figure as long as myself and passengers are conscious of the mess the acura ones will do just fine!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Acuras since 1988

At Home Depot they sell charcoal black floor runner. Its very inexpensive. I bought a few yards of it, then I traced the old mats with a sharpie and cut them out with shears. It looks pretty nice.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ddrn
I have to say though the manufacturer ones that my BF have on his Infiniti are far superior with much deaper wells for drips. They seem to be much more able to handle larger amounts of slush and water.
The reason for that is because Infiniti drivers are too dumb to knock the snow off their shoes before they get in.....
Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Instructor

The Acura ones fit like gloves. They are $100 + shipping from Curry Acura.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by sasair
Yeah that was the only comment that came to my mind was the fit. The model is still pretty new for third party vendors to be making an RDX specific mat.

Besides that, welcome to the board! Don't forget to sign in in the sign in thread!
Where do you sign in?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Knappster
Where do you sign in?
The very first thread in the forum called RDX Owner's Sign In.....
Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sasair
The reason for that is because Infiniti drivers are too dumb to knock the snow off their shoes before they get in.....
HA!
That's great - I'll be sure to remind him of this the next time he mentions this about my mats!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Knappster
I am new to this forum, although I have been reading it for some time. I live in Toronto, and have had a Black RDX-Tech since late November 2006. I am thrilled with it and have come from a 2002 A4 Quattro. I will contrast the two in a later post, but for the moment, I would like to ask readers about options for winter mats. Apart from what you can buy from Acura, there must be better values out there.
SAMS CLUB HAVE THEM 19.99 USA. BOTH FT AND BK CUT TO FIT WITH KNIFE OR SCIS....
Old 02-06-2007, 09:16 PM
9th Gear

Thanks to everyone's input. The cost at my local Acura dealer in Toronto for the wintermats is $210 + 14% taxes (GST & PST) = CAN $239.40
On Friday Feb 2, I ordered the mats from Curry Acura for US$97 + $18 shipping via UPS (CAN$139.81. They arrived this afternoon as promissed. The import duty, brokerage and additional canadian taxes amounted to $52.24. My total therefore was Can$192.05 and I saved CAN$47.35, and it was delivered to my door. Now that's service. I am very impressed and the customer service I obtained at Curry Acura from John was superb!!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll ditto the winter mats recommendation, they're great. For anyone who hasn't bought their RDX yet, make the winter mats part of your deal. That's what I did. Tends to be a little cheaper that way.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pacer
I'll ditto the winter mats recommendation, they're great. For anyone who hasn't bought their RDX yet, make the winter mats part of your deal. That's what I did. Tends to be a little cheaper that way.
better yet for those that didn't complete a deal, make the dealer throw in the acura protection package which includes the mats plus the cargo tray & wheel locks. 9 out of 10 dealers will not blink & just give it to you to complete the deal.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jbinnyc
better yet for those that didn't complete a deal, make the dealer throw in the acura protection package which includes the mats plus the cargo tray & wheel locks. 9 out of 10 dealers will not blink & just give it to you to complete the deal.
I think the protection package may vary by dealer. My dealer included it and it was the mud flaps plus cargo tray and wheel locks. I ordered the winter mats for my RDX and a set for my husband for his TL from Curry. We've both been very pleased with them. I was a little hesitant to spend the $ on mats but the clear ones I picked up weren't cutting it. They were too small and moved around too much.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Racer

I've been very happy with the weathertech mats I picked up for my TSX. The front ones fit very well, and the rear ones, after you trim them (they have a couple of lines you can follow to cut out a good shape, depending on your need) also fit nicely. I don't know if they have any that fit the RDX yet, but they're great mats.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaobrien6
I've been very happy with the weathertech mats I picked up for my TSX. The front ones fit very well, and the rear ones, after you trim them (they have a couple of lines you can follow to cut out a good shape, depending on your need) also fit nicely. I don't know if they have any that fit the RDX yet, but they're great mats.
Yea I am going to look into these. I have like weathertechs products in the past.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:51 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by rdx4fun
Yea I am going to look into these. I have like weathertechs products in the past.
Before I called and ordered the mats from Curry Acura, I called Weathetech. They informed me that since it was such a new model, that they were likely 3 months away from having the heavy duty wintermats available for the RDX. They may however have the thinner winter mats by earlier in March.
I have been very happy with the mats that ordered from Acura, and yes, they do fit like a glove.