Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boon
What would you like to see in 2008?
Better gas mileage.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
I know you like to complain about the Tech Package but, really, the HFL functions the same as the RL and TL and TSX and MDX so there should have been no surprises. And you're also laying the blame on the HFL system when, in fact, there is no standard system for doing what you'd like with a phone or PDA.

And nothing is really going to change with it, either. It may adapt the upcoming MDX format of uploading your phone book to the car however this will only work with cell phones that support that system.

You are driving a car which probably has the best designed electronic interface on the road. If you like to complain or think you have it 'bad' now then you should buy a VW/Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Porsche.
CL6, Thinking about your comment "...like to complain about the Tech Package..." to tell you the truth out of the 6 NEW cars I've purchased over years, the RDX is the only one that didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe because it was promoted at being a lot more than it really is or maybe I didn't do a good enough job of researching before buying it. I hope not the make the same mistake next time. The RDX is the only car I had to return to the dealer because things didn't work on it. Maybe I was just so damn lucky or maybe it's new model cliches, but to me for an Acura that's no excuse. I'v learn my lesson, so until I trade-in the RDX in for something better, I will continue to point out things I like about the RDX and things I don't like about RDX . That is what a forum is for and that is what this topic is about. Thank you.

P.S. I understand where you are coming from when you try to defend the RDX. Everone would like to feel good their new car purchase and evertime you hear something bad about the car you have to say sometime to defend it. I feel that way about some of the other cars I own.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:28 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I've been following your posts and I don't really see anything about the car's shortcomings because I've asked you on a few ocassions.

Also, I don't own an RDX. I'm also not "defending" anything. I do sell them. However I have not said anything like "The RDX is better." My posts have simply been to point out the truth in the HFL system and the fact that your expectations were out of line with the vehicle's stated capabilities. As I said earlier, the HFL system functions the same in the: TSX, TL, RL, RDX, & MDX.

If you are an engineer than you should understand that cell phone hardware is very disparate and for any manufacturer to 'pick a winner' is risky. As I said earlier, the 07 MDX will allow for automatic importation of the phonebook but only one cell phone supports this standard.

In my experience using the HFL system I have had no problems. You can either store your numbers or recite them or put them in the Nav system. I would be interested in hearing how your vehicle malfunctions as opposed to not living up to your expectations.

There is a difference.

Originally Posted by SolidState
P.S. I understand where you are coming from when you try to defend the RDX. Everone would like to feel good their new car purchase and evertime you hear something bad about the car you have to say sometime to defend it. I feel that way about some of the other cars I own.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL6
I've been following your posts and I don't really see anything about the car's shortcomings because I've asked you on a few ocassions.

Also, I don't own an RDX. I'm also not "defending" anything. I do sell them. However I have not said anything like "The RDX is better." My posts have simply been to point out the truth in the HFL system and the fact that your expectations were out of line with the vehicle's stated capabilities. As I said earlier, the HFL system functions the same in the: TSX, TL, RL, RDX, & MDX.

If you are an engineer than you should understand that cell phone hardware is very disparate and for any manufacturer to 'pick a winner' is risky. As I said earlier, the 07 MDX will allow for automatic importation of the phonebook but only one cell phone supports this standard.

In my experience using the HFL system I have had no problems. You can either store your numbers or recite them or put them in the Nav system. I would be interested in hearing how your vehicle malfunctions as opposed to not living up to your expectations.

There is a difference.
CL6, I don't disagree with you. Maybe the way the HFL is implemented for all the Acura models is the way Acura intended the HFL to work. I'm just saying for me, the implementation is useless for my purposes. It's more convenient for me to use my headset to make calls with the way the HFL works. It's not practical for me to use the HFL phonebook because it's too small, the voice command is unreliable to make calls, it's too much work to try to update the phonebook every week and the voice command "transfer" is awkward to use while on a call. I don't think the problem is my cell phone.

It still would be nice know why Acura designed HFL to block the audio on my phone when I try to initiate a call from my phone. I know I can disconnect the link but why take over the audio if the HFL is not going to play it over the audio system. Even worst, if I initiate the call from my cell phone during the call progress the transfer command doesn't work, it will say "there is no call in progress" until about a few seconds after the call is answered, while HFL is blocking the audio the caller and the callie can't hear or talk to each other. Is it my phone? I never had this problem with other Hands-Free systems outside of Acura. But like you said it's not a malfunctions it's just the way Acura intended for it to work which makes me wonder.

Also, why do you keep promoting the 07' MDX as a solution to fix the problem? I may trade in the RDX for the MDX if it has a better tech package.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Racer

I would also like to see better integration of the Music Link. Visual controls would be better, something similar to what was done for the XM radio. The TTS and audio control sucks a$$. I would trade in the XM for better iPod integration. The current state of the Acura Music Link is not worth paying for.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would also like to see better integration of the Music Link. Visual controls would be better, something similar to what was done for the XM radio. The TTS and audio control sucks a$$. I would trade in the XM for better iPod integration. The current state of the Acura Music Link is not worth paying for.
I agree there. The interface is horrible and difficult to navigate. If you have alot of playlists or artists or albums you are trying to navigate through it is a painful process. The only good thing about it is its clear sound with no ground loop problems while it charges the iPod.

There really is no reason they coudn't display song/artist/playlist info on the nav screen if they wanted to...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL6
There will be a power passenger seat next year and memory settings. Same with TSX. The dimming mirror will stay an accessory as it is now.
This would be great, but how do you know that both memory settings and power passenger seat will be in for 2007?

I would like to see:

1. Better mpg.
2. Keyless engine start
3. Distance lines for backup camera
4. Memory settings
5. Power passenger seat.

ghostx
Old 10-04-2006, 03:02 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
I have 1500 miles on my RDX now, so I can say that I am "used" to it. Here's what I miss:

For a $37,000 car, this model should also have:

1] (from remote) rear hatch auto up. Even the cheapo American and Korean station wagons have this. It should be part of the "Tech Pack".

2] Auto windows down. There is no excuse that this is not available in this car, especially since it's been in every other Acura in this price range since 1999.

-----------------------------

These would also be "nice", but not used as much as those above:

3] Memory Seats for Driver 1 and Driver 2

4] Power Passenger seats

5] The auto dim mirror should be standard in the "Tech Pack"
Old 10-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Boon
This is a bit early, but I'm stuck at work and bored.

I'd really like to see a moonroof option for the RDX next year (the first 3 on the list below are kind of a given...I left out mileage because chances are it's not going to improve that much). It was one of the luxury items I really loved about the X3 and a lot more companies are offering them now (like the new Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX....even the new CR-V has a panoramic sunroof option).

What would you guys like to see added?

1. Auto-dim mirror
2. Memory seats
3. Power passenger seat
4. Moonroof

for that price you don't have those 4 options already? wow.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by DogPatch
i'm sure that this would be reserved for the high end MDX, since it is their flagship SUV.

i'd like to see:

auto down windows via the remote
power passenger seat
2 memory driver seat
it doesnt have the auto down feature either? jeez, i thought these were bottom of the barrel features that us TSX drivers had.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Still Lovin my 06

1)Better HandsFreeLink:
* Auto transfer call or one touch transfer (Saying "Transfer" sucks)
* Initiate calls from my phone. Can't do it now without the mutting the call progress and doing the awkwards transfer.
* Transfer phone book from phone/PDA to HandsFreeLink phone book via bluetooth.
* Needs >50 entries.
* Need more than one number per person. say "person name [Home, Work, Cell]"
* Read text messages. Amazing the RDX will read and display messages from the dealer but will not get text message from my phone.

2) Better Navigation
* Add addresses from PDA via Bluetooth.
* Active nearest buisness display. For example show all Starbucks coffee as I'm driving. Finding the nearest using the directory is not convenient. Maybe Starbucks can subsidize the DVD update to add their logo.
* More than one number per person added to address book.
* Tacking, but only when I want to be found. Say I go on a cross country road trip and my wife and kids want to find where exactly am I. Via my phone my GPS information could be relayed to a web site. Of course this will make it easy for the government to track me too.

3) Download CD's tack information via bluetooth connect to my phone. I have found only one CD I own that has text information on the CD it self. ( Miles - Cool & Collected is nice) Having the CD name and track names it nice to have.

4) V6

5) Manual (might just be me)

Overall, the HandsFreeLink and Navigation fell far short of my expectations. When the RDX was first annouced two years ago Acura made it seem it was a well connected car but is seem the connectivity is just limited to diagnostic information for the dealer and nothing for my my own personal convenience. It seems most of RDX's connectivity short comings can easily be solved with better software. The hardware is there, the sofware isn't. It seems car company's are becoming more dependent on good software to sell cars. I can tell in the future the car company with the better software will sell more cars, maybe. My main reason for getting the RDX was because of the idea of having all my information linked.

whats so awkward about dialing a number, pressing a button and saying "transfer" i do it all the time in my tsx. how would it auto transfer as you say?
Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I am not promoting the 07 MDX but simply pointing out you will be able to do an auto phone book transfer and I also said this feature it may move into the RDX and other cars later. I only saw a demo of the feature on the MDX but you select a button from the screen and it links with your phone, of which only one is supported. I only mentioned it to begin with because you wondered why this feature was not in the RDX.

I don't see what's so tough about saying 'Call Home' or whatever and having the call connect. That seems pretty easy to me. As to why the HFL system operates the way it does only the engineers know but I'm sure how the Bluetooth protocol works has something to do with it.

As I said long ago try a Mercedes or Audi or BMW or Porsche etc... and you'll see how well Acura's system is designed.

You also have to keep in mind that there are an incredible number of cell phone hardware variations out there and for one system to rule them all, well... not possible.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL6
You also have to keep in mind that there are an incredible number of cell phone hardware variations out there and for one system to rule them all, well... not possible.
If you look back at the original complaint though, his problem stems from the fact that his (and most) bluetooth headset works much more seamlessly than the acura HFL. So, it can be done.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Intermediate

@ CL6: I'm really interested in Memory Settings and Power Passenger Seat. Are you sure that they will be available next year and how do you know?

ghostx
Old 10-04-2006, 09:28 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

It is a guess on my part, however the TSX showed up the same way as the RDX and it got the power passenger seat. It is likely the memory settings, too although I don't know for sure. Please don't act on my speculation.

Worse case scenario it gets power passenger seat as an 08 and memory settings as 09.

Originally Posted by ghostx
@ CL6: I'm really interested in Memory Settings and Power Passenger Seat. Are you sure that they will be available next year and how do you know?

ghostx
Old 10-04-2006, 10:48 PM
rdxsteverino

Auto windows down hack possible?

Any possibility there will be a hack for auto windows down or does this require an additional piece of hardware in the window controllers? Any experience out there with other Acuras that didn't include this feature in their first year?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by jaobrien6
If you look back at the original complaint though, his problem stems from the fact that his (and most) bluetooth headset works much more seamlessly than the acura HFL. So, it can be done.
the BT Headset is designed with specific phones in mind usually. For instance, verizon only has so many phones and a certain type of software. so if you get a BT headset through verizon, it's configured for a limited number of phones for the most part. the HFL needs to work with multiple companies around the world (it's not just available in the U.S is it?).

it's very good for such early use of this technology.

i can dial a number on my phone, press a button on the wheel, and say "transfer" all in about two seconds.

i can program 50 people in my car phonebook, and it's nice. and i can use the voice feature to just tell it a phone number. what happened to the days when you actually knew people's phone numbers? lol
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by rdxsteverino
Any possibility there will be a hack for auto windows down or does this require an additional piece of hardware in the window controllers? Any experience out there with other Acuras that didn't include this feature in their first year?
I'm pretty amazed they didn't include this. Seems like sucha simple standard feature in most luxury line cars now.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I never understood the point of this. If it's that hot out I'll run the A/C and once i roll all the windows down it's a pain to roll them all up. I think this is one of those features few people ever truly use.

Originally Posted by bradykp
I'm pretty amazed they didn't include this. Seems like sucha simple standard feature in most luxury line cars now.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CL6
I never understood the point of this. If it's that hot out I'll run the A/C and once i roll all the windows down it's a pain to roll them all up. I think this is one of those features few people ever truly use.
I agree. If it gets that hot, I just run the A/C. Having the front windows open is nice, but I can care less about having all the windows open.

ghostx
Old 10-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Instructor

I agree. If it gets that hot, I just run the A/C. Having the front windows open is nice, but I can care less about having all the windows open.

ghostx
I think someone should come out with a fifth window button that controls all the windows at once. If you want to close the windows, you pull up on that one button closing all at once instead using each window's individual button. Same goes for rolling them down.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:36 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

This is a good idea. BMW doesn't do that? I'm pretty sure in their convertibles they have this button because the rear windows have to go down/up for the top to work right.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
rdxsteverino

Green House Effect

ghostx
Remember we're talking about a green house where the trapped air inside the car gets over 150 deg F on a reasonably warm day, much hotter inside on a really hot day. The car cools down much faster if you can evacuate this extremely hot air and start conditioning with ambient outside air vs. really hot air. The air conditioner has a lot less work to do if that hot air is first replaced by normal outside air. It might not seem like much, but it can make the difference between sweating like a pig for even a few minutes while the air conditioner tries to cool 150 to 75 deg air vs. cooling 85 to 75 deg air.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a real automatic headlight system. the RDX auto-off feature is a poor substitute.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Advanced

adaptive headlights, bixenons, LED tails, vented rear brakes
Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Advanced

almost forgot, smartkey system with start button.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
idr
6th Gear

1)Better HandsFreeLink:
* Initiate calls from my phone. Can't do it now without the mutting the call progress and doing the awkwards transfer.
* Needs >50 entries.
* Read text messages. Amazing the RDX will read and display messages from the dealer but will not get text message from my phone.

2) Better Navigation
* Active nearest buisness display. For example show all Starbucks coffee as I'm driving. Finding the nearest using the directory is not convenient. Maybe Starbucks can subsidize the DVD update to add their logo.
* Tacking, but only when I want to be found. Say I go on a cross country road trip and my wife and kids want to find where exactly am I. Via my phone my GPS information could be relayed to a web site. Of course this will make it easy for the government to track me too.

3) Download CD's tack information via bluetooth connect to my phone. I have found only one CD I own that has text information on the CD it self. ( Miles - Cool & Collected is nice) Having the CD name and track names it nice to have.

4) V6

Overall, the HandsFreeLink and Navigation fell far short of my expectations. When the RDX was first annouced two years ago Acura made it seem it was a well connected car but is seem the connectivity is just limited to diagnostic information for the dealer and nothing for my my own personal convenience. It seems most of RDX's connectivity short comings can easily be solved with better software. The hardware is there, the sofware isn't. It seems car company's are becoming more dependent on good software to sell cars. I can tell in the future the car company with the better software will sell more cars, maybe. My main reason for getting the RDX was because of the idea of having all my information linked.
And I like to ADD:

1 a steering wheel that does not vibrate when the car is not in motion- is it just me? But I notice the vibration/shaking in the steering wheel which is unbecoming of a luxury vehicle. Even more if the AC is turned on. Anyone else out there with a similar situation?

2. Better insulation so that the turbo is slightly muted

3. perhaps a V6 so that it may get better gas milage when pushed

4. memory seats

5. auto dim exterior mirrors

6. power adjustable passenger seat

7. Leather trim that does not crease as easily. Some edges of the leather trim looks heavily used already.

8. pull up shades for the rear side windows

That will just about complete my Xmas wish!
Old 10-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Base RDX - Carbon Pearl

Shaking

Originally Posted by idr
And I like to ADD:

1 a steering wheel that does not vibrate when the car is not in motion- is it just me? But I notice the vibration/shaking in the steering wheel which is unbecoming of a luxury vehicle. Even more if the AC is turned on. Anyone else out there with a similar situation?

I don't find the steering shaking (maybe tiny tiny little bit), but totally acceptable.

But I do feel that the driver seat is a lttle bit shaky though when it is idle. But I feel a little bit annoying. Never notice that with my RSX or CRV before. Would it because of the power seat ??? or vibration is from the turbo in the front ??? Anyway, it is really really minor shaking though, similar to those on the steering wheel.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:21 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
1)Better HandsFreeLink:
* Needs >50 entries.

2) Better Navigation

4) V6

1st-I dont know of any phone that will transfer a phone book via BT.
2nd-I dont know of any phone that will tranfrer text messages via BT.

I think you need to look at the phones that are out there not just the RDX, the phones dont even have all of this technology, maybe this is why the RDX doesnt have it either? Just my two cents.

As far as the telescoping steering wheel,that thing under the wheel that you pull down to adjust it, also allows me to pull it closer or push it further, isnt that telescoping?

no vibration when idle on my steering wheel either

-TECH should include auto day/night mirror
all should have auto trunk/windows
all should have power pass seat

Otherwise I am happy as can be with it.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by neo1738
1st-I dont know of any phone that will transfer a phone book via BT.
2nd-I dont know of any phone that will tranfrer text messages via BT.
Then you need to get a better phone. I've have a SonyEricsson T608 and Motorola V3 both allow transfer of phonebook/entry via BT. I update my phones' phonebook via BT all the time from my PDA or computer. I also can retrive my text messages on my PDA from my phone and send text messages. I like having my phone and PDA seperate for various reasons. I can even dial from my PDA or computer via BT.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Then you need to get a better phone. I've have a SonyEricsson T608 and Motorola V3 both allow transfer of phonebook/entry via BT. I update my phones' phonebook via BT all the time from my PDA or computer. I also can retrive my text messages on my PDA from my phone and send text messages. I like having my phone and PDA seperate for various reasons. I can even dial from my PDA or computer via BT.
Same here, most of the bluetooth verizon phones I have used from motorola will transfer everything via bluetooth. I think the problem is that not every phone does all the transfers the exact same, so they stuck with the most common things that most phones do the exact same way. And even still not every bluetooth phone works with the features they did include.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:33 AM
8th Gear

really missing automatic headlamps

I really miss my 13 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee's automatic headlamps. The kind that turn themselves on at dusk (or when you drive into a tunnel or parking garage), and stay on for XX seconds after you exit the car.

With our new RDX, I find myself reminding my partner, "Headlamps!" every time we start to drive away somewhere at night. And we forget to turn them off until it "bings" at us.

Also: Minor thing.... front doors should unlock when you pull the interior door-open lever. Yeah, I know it's a safety thing, but I've never tried to open my door at highway speeds and kids don't ride in the front.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 AM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Memory seats - I can't believe a car like this doesn't have memory seats
2. Power passenger seat
3. Rear DVD in the Tech Package
4. Drop the rear camera in the Tech Package or add a distance indicator. The camera is useless without a distance indicator. Add #3 drop #4 the price will still be the same.
5. Optional 6spd, it ain't so sporty without the 6spd. The less sporty X3 has 6spd.
6. Quieter tires - from our limited 30 minutes test drive the tires noise on perfectly paved roads totally ruined the engine/turbo note.

We've put off purchasing for a year to see if #1-3 will make it into the 2nd year car. If not, we'll pay a little bit more to get the RX or new FX. My wife and I love this car but these little things are a turn off. They're small things to most people but to us they're a deal breaker.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CL6

it's nice to have to put them down from the office, or as you're walking to the car, when it's in the sun. it's cool by the time you get there. i like it.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i dont know if any phone works with HFL or any other companie's BT service to transfer it to your car though.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by cFoo
1. Memory seats - I can't believe a car like this doesn't have memory seats
2. Power passenger seat
3. Rear DVD in the Tech Package
4. Drop the rear camera in the Tech Package or add a distance indicator. The camera is useless without a distance indicator. Add #3 drop #4 the price will still be the same.
5. Optional 6spd, it ain't so sporty without the 6spd. The less sporty X3 has 6spd.
6. Quieter tires - from our limited 30 minutes test drive the tires noise on perfectly paved roads totally ruined the engine/turbo note.

We've put off purchasing for a year to see if #1-3 will make it into the 2nd year car. If not, we'll pay a little bit more to get the RX or new FX. My wife and I love this car but these little things are a turn off. They're small things to most people but to us they're a deal breaker.
camera is pretty useful, it's so that you don't run someone or something over. my coworker has it on his mdx. to test it out, we had someone stand behind it and kept backing up til he told us to stop, so see the distance. the view is fairly accurate. i love it. wish the tsx had it.

x3 is less sporty? it's on a 3 series chasis, seems pretty sporty to me compared to a CRV chasis no?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:19 PM
4th Gear

CL6 - "Call Home" works fine . Problem starts when you need to make business calls to people not in the voice dial address book. "Transfer" would be acceptable if it would work during the dialing phase e.g. when you hit Send on the phone... however it only works when the connection is already established e.g the phone on the other side is ringing. At best this adds a pause to the beginning of conversation, at worst makes you sound like "beam me up Scotty" to the other party.

Bluetooth protocol is not the limitation for phone book transfer:

Audi has had it since 2005 : http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0003.File.pdf

BMW has had it since 2005: http://www.bmwusa.com/Owners/Bluetooth/phones.htm

Not sure about MB, Lexus or Porsche but this clearly is engineering oversight. They could have supported just a single phone model and after spending close to $40K on a car many would not hesitate to spend another $300 to buy it. As far as I am concerned this is more important than controling temperature or radio by voice commands.

Overall I am very happy with the vehicle and hope that some of HFL changes you mention for 07 MDX are done in software and could be backwards applied to 07 RDX.

Originally Posted by CL6
I am not promoting the 07 MDX but simply pointing out you will be able to do an auto phone book transfer and I also said this feature it may move into the RDX and other cars later. I only saw a demo of the feature on the MDX but you select a button from the screen and it links with your phone, of which only one is supported. I only mentioned it to begin with because you wondered why this feature was not in the RDX.

I don't see what's so tough about saying 'Call Home' or whatever and having the call connect. That seems pretty easy to me. As to why the HFL system operates the way it does only the engineers know but I'm sure how the Bluetooth protocol works has something to do with it.

As I said long ago try a Mercedes or Audi or BMW or Porsche etc... and you'll see how well Acura's system is designed.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
08 PMM/Black Tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
camera is pretty useful, it's so that you don't run someone or something over. my coworker has it on his mdx. to test it out, we had someone stand behind it and kept backing up til he told us to stop, so see the distance. the view is fairly accurate. i love it. wish the tsx had it.

x3 is less sporty? it's on a 3 series chasis, seems pretty sporty to me compared to a CRV chasis no?
No doubt the camera is useful. But without the distance marker I still prefer to turn my head completely back when I'm backing up.

We test drove the RDX and X3 back to back. The RDX win hands down in the handling and fun to drive category. We also have last generation's CRV, TSX and S2000 in the house. I dare to say the RDX fun factor is between the TSX and S2000. It has amazing handling for a car this tall.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Racer

Real-Time weather would be nice to have.

Manual is a must to be sporty to me. The 4cyl turbo is ok but I would love to have a V6 manual . I don't see the advantage of the 4 cyl. turbo over a 6 cyl.. The RDX sucks down more gas than my V6 rodeo for city driving, but for Hwy MPG the RDX wins easily. Still, the difference between HWY MPG and City MPG seems kinda big on the RDX.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:28 PM
07 Carbon Gray/Ebony

memory seats for 2 drivers
power passenger seat
rear seat DVD system
rear air conditioning vents
a/c in front seats
Better iPod link to display track/artist on Nav screen

Tip for those of you that have the music link. Skip the software they provide you. It is useless/frustating in the car, adds files to your iTunes and takes up space on the iPod. Unless Acura comes up with a firmware/software update, I'll just be using my iPod as a limitless CD Changer. You can also set it to play a playlist and shuffle. I wish there was better intergration with thte Navi & iPod.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see in 2008?