Today at my Acura Dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today at my Acura Dealership...

Took my 09 in for her first oil change. I was a little annoyed they didn't give me my first oil change for free so I brought my own Mobil 1 with filter and labor was $21 to do it. SO I asked if they would at least rotate my tires for me for free and was again told no. I mean seriously, this is my 3rd Acura and they won't even throw the first tire rotation for free? COME ON ACURA!

I also had them check the battery...sometimes when it is cold it just seems like it has trouble starting...they said everything checked out fine, so we will see.

Next...got a chance to see the 2010 RDX up close and personal while I waited.

To be honest....the wheels are HORRIBLE. They should have used the 18s that come on the TSX V6 on the new RDX...those rims are really nice! The new RDX rims just do not match the SUV what so ever!

Next, the back end...very simply that plastic crappy bumper looks like something off of a KIA, not an Acura.

Finally the front end. I liked the fog light design, but not their placement. I still give the nod to the 09 over the 10 in looks...the beak just doesn't do it for me.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
the 2010 makes no sense
Old 11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Intermediate

I like the 2010 wheels better than the 07-09's, because I think they remind me of the integra fat 5's IMO wide spokes are ugly, and gunmetal rims always look dirty,except for the day you wash them. As far as the front and rear bumper re-design, I love it! I think the re-design is a much sportier and agressive look. I am glad I waited for the 2010.

I do NOT like the plastic on it though. Only for the fact that when you wax the car you must be very careful not to get the wax on that plastic because it will never come out. Since I have white the black defuser contrasts in the back and gives it the more agressiveness that the 07-09's I think lacked in the rear.

I am glad they got rid of the Gold Emblem option for the 2010's. It would be just too many colors going on, silver grille, black diffuser, chrome handles, exterior color, and then that would be fugly if someone then added the chrome emblems.

Oh, if you want free service for the first time. You have to negotiate that when buying the car. Those salesmen will give you anything to buy the damn thing. But since service is a whole other business. They won't give you shit unless it is in writing. You have to approach it as two different businesses trying to f_ck you when you walk into a dealership, sales and service, not sales & service.

Last edited by BioCin; 11-07-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BioCin
I am glad they got rid of the Gold Emblem option for the 2010's. It would be just too many colors going on, silver grille, black diffuser, chrome handles, exterior color, and then that would be fugly if someone then added the chrome emblems.
I said chrome emblems in the end, I meant "gold".
Old 11-08-2009, 08:27 AM
Racer

This is the rim they should have used. It looks so much better than the 2010 RDX rim because the front of this rim is flush. It looks clean and aggressive.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I am the proud owner of a 06 tsx and i have received excellent service from a acura dealer-numerous free oil/filter changes, tire rotations/balances and other things. This is my first acura. They go out of there way to be helpful.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 AM
big shot.

Originally Posted by bgillette79
This is the rim they should have used. It looks so much better than the 2010 RDX rim because the front of this rim is flush. It looks clean and aggressive.

too much dish, makes the tire appear smaller and less aggressive imo

honestly, i think the 07-09 RDX rims were the best thing going as far as the other designs in the brand....i just wish they were bigger...but if you see pics of ppl who added spacers to the stock....they really look good...i think the spacing is the issue for the RDX because the wheels are so pulled in under the body. the TL SHAWD rims arent bad either.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:20 AM
big shot.

i guess what i meant to say is, alot of the acura rims look "heavy" ?? like bulky, not in tune w/the car they are on etc...i dunno
Old 11-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Racer

See those live in person on a 2010 TSX...they are really sharp!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:19 PM
big shot.

well, i have seen them, they just dont really do anything , i like the accord rims more
Old 11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Took my 09 in for her first oil change. I was a little annoyed they didn't give me my first oil change for free so I brought my own Mobil 1 with filter and labor was $21 to do it. SO I asked if they would at least rotate my tires for me for free and was again told no. I mean seriously, this is my 3rd Acura and they won't even throw the first tire rotation for free? COME ON ACURA!

I also had them check the battery...sometimes when it is cold it just seems like it has trouble starting...they said everything checked out fine, so we will see.

To be honest....the wheels are HORRIBLE. They should have used the 18s that come on the TSX V6 on the new RDX...those rims are really nice! The new RDX rims just do not match the SUV what so ever!

Next, the back end...very simply that plastic crappy bumper looks like something off of a KIA, not an Acura.

Finally the front end. I liked the fog light design, but not their placement. I still give the nod to the 09 over the 10 in looks...the beak just doesn't do it for me.
Where are you located? If your in Queens,NY I would recommend Paragon Acura.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well as much as I love my RDX, an Acura dealership's CUSTOMER service is just average. Not bad. If you have ever owned a Lexus, that is where you will notice a serious difference with customer service. Amazing, actually.
Too bad they don't have a sportier crossover with the IS350 or IS-F engine. Now we would be talking.

For wheels, All were a step down from the 2007 models. I would like a darker gunmetal version of mine, polished.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by XIS
Well as much as I love my RDX, an Acura dealership's CUSTOMER service is just average. Not bad. If you have ever owned a Lexus, that is where you will notice a serious difference with customer service. Amazing, actually.
Too bad they don't have a sportier crossover with the IS350 or IS-F engine. Now we would be talking.

For wheels, All were a step down from the 2007 models. I would like a darker gunmetal version of mine, polished.
I also thinks it depends on the individual dealer-my sister-in-law and her husband own lexus. They are amazed on how excellent the service I get from my acura dealer.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Racer

Why are you expecting free oil changes or tire rotations? Are you special?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Im also satisfied with my dealer, i always get a loaner even just for simple a checkup (withou oil change), just to check some wierd noise lol my last oil change i got tl loaner lol and they told me i could even return it on the next day ....
Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I negotiated two free services with my purchase and they still screwed me. They told me my next one is free (after being forced to pay for my second one), but like hell I want to drive across town for them to take 3 hours when I can do it in 20 minutes myself.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Advanced

You brought your own oil/filer and asked them for free services? That sounds more like you annoying them, not the other way around.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rexmaster
You brought your own oil/filer and asked them for free services? That sounds more like you annoying them, not the other way around.
I knew I wasn't getting a free oil change, but serious they could have rotated my tires for FREE.

After $100,000 worth of Acuras...I think they can throw in a $15 tire rotation just for shits and giggles!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally Posted by rexmaster
Yeah, they hate it, and I dont understand why, they still get $20 in 5 min. If you bring your own oil and filter you will save like $30-40. Thats why I change my own oil, I mostly hate look on their faces when you bring your own oil and filter. But now they send me annoying letters "are you listening to your acura MID?" Hell yeah, I listen to it more than they think!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Racer

My dealership doesn't care at all I bring my own oil. In fact the service guy said it was smart since they want $90 for an oil change for an RDX...and doing it my way only costs me $50.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nothing wrong with bringing your own oil, but service departments don't often volunteer service unless they really know you well and you are dealing with a good guy (or Acura sends you a mailer).
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Advanced

What are you, a bum??? Do you expect everything for FREE?

Get real, buddy! This is 2009 and we are in the middle of an ECONOMIC DEPRESSION!!! Do you really think the dealerships should not be making a BUCK??!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by priggly
What are you, a bum??? Do you expect everything for FREE?

Get real, buddy! This is 2009 and we are in the middle of an ECONOMIC DEPRESSION!!! Do you really think the dealerships should not be making a BUCK??!
A bum...LOL

NO Bro...Just looking for some good customer service.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
big shot.

lol
Old 11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Racer

Acura keeps talking MB and BMW.

Well BMW..you don't pay a PENNY for oil or tire rotations.

Acura could at least throw in the first one or both for free....

I mean we are not buying a HONDA here...we went the ACURA route!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
big shot.

all my first oil changes have been free with my acuras....i dont think its too much to expect, but not sure if id ask, i wouldnt wana be that guy
Old 11-13-2009, 04:45 AM
7th Gear

I knew I wasn't getting a free oil change, but serious they could have rotated my tires for FREE.

After $100,000 worth of Acuras...I think they can throw in a $15 tire rotation just for shits and giggles!
I'm totally with you on this one. My acura has given me the first oil change and tire rotation for free with all of my Acuras (2 so far). On top of that, they wash my car every time I come in for any kind of servicing. It's worth it for the dealership to do it, just for the customer loyalty and the good "word-of-mouth" IMO.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Intermediate

No, you don't get it. You pay for oil changes and tire rotations when you buy the car, it is included in the price.

Business 101 - There is no such thing as a free lunch.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Racer

Business 201---It might be included in the price, but for that price you are getting a BMW vs an Acura.

Also note that the price of the BMW's did not go up nearly the cost of service on them when BMW rolled out the $0 maintenance program, so it might not be a free lunch, but it sure is a nice free continental breakfast!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea it's all free at BMW! Hardly... you pay for it in the price of the car.

No such thing as a free lunch. Why do you think BMWs are so expensive? If you want to pay BMW prices for an Acura I'm sure you, too, could get a "free" tire change.

Acura could at least throw in the first one or both for free....

I mean we are not buying a HONDA here...we went the ACURA route!
Old 11-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
Yea it's all free at BMW! Hardly... you pay for it in the price of the car.

No such thing as a free lunch. Why do you think BMWs are so expensive? If you want to pay BMW prices for an Acura I'm sure you, too, could get a "free" tire change.
yeah, and they don't even get much. My friend told me that they change oil every 10,000 miles, so he got like 5 oil changes, 5 tire rotations, 1 air filter change, and he barely was able to get free brakes. Depending on time and mileage you might not even get free brakes. Its a scam, the whole service package has a value of $500-600
Old 11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Racer

You responded to my first post...didn't read this one before you wrote though apparently.

Business 201---It might be included in the price, but for that price you are getting a BMW vs an Acura.

Also note that the price of the BMW's did not go up nearly the cost of service on them when BMW rolled out the $0 maintenance program, so it might not be a free lunch, but it sure is a nice free continental breakfast!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Cruisin'

You responded to my first post...didn't read this one before you wrote though apparently.

If you want free maintenance why didn't you buy a BMW?
Old 12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, BMW does offer free maintenance... I owned two of them in 2002, and they did have free maintenance as well... but their oil change was based on the computer algorithm, and because my wife does not drive a whole lot, it ended up being changed only once a year. And changing the oil in my bimmers was actually not that difficult.

I rather change it once every 3 months myself, as I am doing now for my RDX, and the engine feeling the same as it was rolled out the door of the dealer on the first day. Mobil oil + filter = $25. Three oil changes, $75, I think is not much considering the engine will benefit in the long run.

If you are leasing the car, I would then argue that the free maintenance would be fantastic. I mean, ultimately, you will be returning the car after 3 years, and getting a new one on the new lease.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
I don't think it's fair to EXPECT any free services, especially in this day and age. Like people have said, no such thing as a free lunch.

And why exactly is a BMW so much better than an Acura?

TL vs. 335

MSRP:
TL: $38,655
335i: $42,300

Hmm, for four grand less, you get five less horsepower, two less driven wheels, and less space. OH! But you get FREE maintenance. But that won't account for even a quarter of the price difference.

My point is, even though BMW offers "free" maintenance, you'll save on the Acura. Besides, somebody has to pay for the oil and labour. WHo? BMW. Where does BMW get their money? From selling cars to you.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAN1
I don't think it's fair to EXPECT any free services, especially in this day and age. Like people have said, no such thing as a free lunch.

And why exactly is a BMW so much better than an Acura?

TL vs. 335

MSRP:
TL: $38,655
335i: $42,300

Hmm, for four grand less, you get five less horsepower, two less driven wheels, and less space. OH! But you get FREE maintenance. But that won't account for even a quarter of the price difference.

My point is, even though BMW offers "free" maintenance, you'll save on the Acura. Besides, somebody has to pay for the oil and labour. WHo? BMW. Where does BMW get their money? From selling cars to you.
Well, depending on what moves your heart, the bimmer might be the "ultimate driving machine" for some, and the new TL with SH-AWD the "greatest car on earth" for others... I think from your gesture, the latter car is what moves you...

I personally love the way a bimmer handles, and the new 335i turbo engine is something else... But the high costly maintenance after the warranty runs out, does not quite jive with me anymore...