Tidbit of Canadian RDX Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
Tidbit of Canadian RDX Info

For any of my fellow Canadian forum members and guests:
I visited the GM at my local Acura dealer (Edmonton) today and was told that Honda is having a Canadian launch party for the RDX coinciding with the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal this weekend. He is hoping to have more information regarding pricing etc after this event is concluded (his "don't hold me to it" guess of price right now is "in the 40's"). The latest arrival date he has is early to mid September for their first shipment of RDX's that are alotted to the dealers (they are getting only 4 of them and they are already spoken for by friends of the owner). Their preordered RDX's should begin to trickle in after that and he figures it will be closer to year end or early 07 before they will have any real number of RDX's in stock. He says that advance interest in the RDX has been huge and he expects them to sell very very well. Because of that, he said not to expect any deals at all on RDX's until late spring/early summer '07.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
For any of my fellow Canadian forum members and guests:
I visited the GM at my local Acura dealer (Edmonton) today and was told that Honda is having a Canadian launch party for the RDX coinciding with the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal this weekend. He is hoping to have more information regarding pricing etc after this event is concluded (his "don't hold me to it" guess of price right now is "in the 40's"). The latest arrival date he has is early to mid September for their first shipment of RDX's that are alotted to the dealers (they are getting only 4 of them and they are already spoken for by friends of the owner). Their preordered RDX's should begin to trickle in after that and he figures it will be closer to year end or early 07 before they will have any real number of RDX's in stock. He says that advance interest in the RDX has been huge and he expects them to sell very very well. Because of that, he said not to expect any deals at all on RDX's until late spring/early summer '07.
Don't buy one if the price is in the '40s'. Honda and the rest of these guys are screwing Canadians on exchange rates. This was understandable for cars on the market for >3 years since prices were set years ago when exchange rates were higher. Now, exchange rate is 10%, so pricing a new vehicle >25% on exchange is a total rip off. In Windsor, Detroit Lexus dealers now advertise in the local paper, showing people how many thousands they will save. Don't do this with Acura, though, as they wil linvalidate your new car warrenty. A friend of mine bought an GS300 in Detroit instead of an RL bcause of this.

Plus RDX is an abomination. Compared to the car at the Detroit auto show 17 months ago, this thing looks like a disco-car IMHO. Wait till they fix the ront and lower prices, then buy. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,005 Likes on 534 Posts
We'll have to wait and see the final numbers (prices in the U.S. and Canada) before anyone should even consider buying from the States and importing to Canada. By the time you add the travel costs, duty, cost of inspections and extras (bilingual airbag stickers etc.), I'm not sure it is worth it and you might take a hit come resale with a US spec vehicle. 37,000 USD is 41,500 CDN so if the tech package sells up here for mid-40's, then we aren't being ripped off too badly (unlike the RL that still lists for 71,000 Cdn (63,400 USD) up here).
The other great unknown is the specs for the Candian version - they may add a few goodies like cooled seats, power passenger seat, headlight washers etc to justify the higher price we pay up here.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Intermediate

We'll have to wait and see the final numbers (prices in the U.S. and Canada) before anyone should even consider buying from the States and importing to Canada. By the time you add the travel costs, duty, cost of inspections and extras (bilingual airbag stickers etc.), I'm not sure it is worth it and you might take a hit come resale with a US spec vehicle. 37,000 USD is 41,500 CDN so if the tech package sells up here for mid-40's, then we aren't being ripped off too badly (unlike the RL that still lists for 71,000 Cdn (63,400 USD) up here).
The other great unknown is the specs for the Candian version - they may add a few goodies like cooled seats, power passenger seat, headlight washers etc to justify the higher price we pay up here.
Don't hold your breath for that price spread. I have been pricing a Lexus RX350 that would sell for $46583.00 in the U.S. For that same car here I will have the privalage to pay $65000.00. So much for NAFTA. Not to mention that the car is built in Canada.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I figured I'd see an RDX at the race this weekend since all of the cars around the track and the cars that ride around the track were Hondas and Acuras, but no RDX anywhere.

Joe
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Racer

Estimated US price for base is 32K, or about 35.5K Canadian - there is not duty as it is a US car. Canadian price estimated at 45LK for base. Difference is 9.5K. Even for a high salary individual, this is a lot of coin. Costs 220 to bring the car across the border. Problem is Acura will cancel your warrenty.