Thinking of buying an RDX/Tech package

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:30 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of buying an RDX/Tech package

Hi,
I live in BC, Canada and would be interested in hearing from current owners about their experiences with the RDX.I have read some of the topics in this forum.

As background, I currently drive a 2006 BMW 325i w/sport package, 6 speed steptronic, mostly a base model.It is a great ,very smooth car to drive, but I now realize that I prefer to have an AWD vehicle for winter driving with a bit more height, more luxury items in a car, and a bit more space in it.Looked at the 2007 BMW 328i Coupe with AWD but by the time you add all the goodies , it becomes unaffordable for me.The X3 is even higher in cost and I believe that it has had its fair number of issues.

So I am looking for a sporty vehicle that has AWD, has lots of goodies for the money, good technology,handles well when pushed, is fun to drive ,could hold a bit more items than a sedan or coupe, reliable manufacturer,without going into a boring mid-size SUV.Testing the RDX seemed to have many of these attributes and Acura(Honda) reliability in other models speak for itself(should say that i have not had any problems with the Bimmer so far).
So here are my questions:
1) Unbiased(if possible) opinions as to strenghs and weaknesses of the RDX.
2) My tester seemed to take some time to get up to speed and the brake pedal travel was long and felt mushy.Is this normal?
3) Being a new model, how has the reliability been so far? Any major issues?
4)Any concerns about Honda's first production turbo engine?
5) How does it handle in the snow? Is the SH AWD marketing hype or is it really that good?
6)Have not been able to see a blue one on the road. Is it a real dark blue?
Apparently not many sold in that colour.
7)Other thoughts are Silver ,graphite pearl or Carbon Bronze Pearl. Which one hides dirt the best?
8)Is it true that sales of RDX are slow and can good deals be had in Canada?
Any concern that Acura may not keep it for long if sales are not up to par?

Sorry about all these questions but would like to get as much feedback as possible before I take the plunge, and I though this would be a good place to ask.

Thanks for yopur help.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Racer

There's a new RDX review in AutoWeek magazine that answers many of your questions:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../FREE/70425008

My understanding is that while this is Acura's turbo engine, Honda has used turbos before in domestic models (sold in Japan).

No idea about Canadian prices, but you can get good deals on the RDX right now in the USA.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Photographer

Originally Posted by casa7
Hi,
I live in BC, Canada and would be interested in hearing from current owners about their experiences with the RDX.I have read some of the topics in this forum.

As background, I currently drive a 2006 BMW 325i w/sport package, 6 speed steptronic, mostly a base model.It is a great ,very smooth car to drive, but I now realize that I prefer to have an AWD vehicle for winter driving with a bit more height, more luxury items in a car, and a bit more space in it.Looked at the 2007 BMW 328i Coupe with AWD but by the time you add all the goodies , it becomes unaffordable for me.The X3 is even higher in cost and I believe that it has had its fair number of issues.

So I am looking for a sporty vehicle that has AWD, has lots of goodies for the money, good technology,handles well when pushed, is fun to drive ,could hold a bit more items than a sedan or coupe, reliable manufacturer,without going into a boring mid-size SUV.Testing the RDX seemed to have many of these attributes and Acura(Honda) reliability in other models speak for itself(should say that i have not had any problems with the Bimmer so far).
2) My tester seemed to take some time to get up to speed and the brake pedal travel was long and felt mushy.Is this normal?
my RDX has no problems getting up to speed fast.
ive owned my RDX since october and no problems since.
no concerns at all. Honda engines are known to take a beating and then more. also someone mentioned that the RDX engine has FRM cyl walls.
5) How does it handle in the snow? Is the SH AWD marketing hype or is it really that good?
lol no snow here in Hawaii but there is alot of rain and i love driving in the rain with my RDX handles great!
7)Other thoughts are Silver ,graphite pearl or Carbon Bronze Pearl. Which one hides dirt the best?
if Acura drops the RDX better for us. resale value will be higher when people realize what they missed.

Sorry about all these questions but would like to get as much feedback as possible before I take the plunge, and I though this would be a good place to ask.

Thanks for yopur help.
answered some of your questions in your quote in bold. also recently i drove my friends 07 BMW 335i (twin turbo 300HP) 6 spd. that car was FAST! it made my RDX feel like a slug lol.

Originally Posted by johnny99
There's a new RDX review in AutoWeek magazine that answers many of your questions:

My understanding is that while this is Acura's turbo engine, Honda has used turbos before in domestic models (sold in Japan).

No idea about Canadian prices, but you can get good deals on the RDX right now in the USA.
it is Hondas engine in the RDX.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only had one opportunity to drive my RDX in the snow here in Chicago (only one snowstorm since I bought mine). It basically ignored the snow! lol

I did not have any problems driving to/from work in the snowstorm. LIkewise, no problems in the rain either.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Racer

Some good questions - I'm in Toronto, and bought my RDX last year.

The Good:
All in all, it has been decent so far. Reliability has been fine, typical Acura quality, even for a model year debut. Mileage is acceptable. Safety is supposedly terrific. SH-AWD is in the upper-echelon of handling systems.

The Bad:
The power delivery, and execution of the turbo engine is getting increasingly annoying. While lag is fairly low, it still exists, and can be caught flat-footed at times, unless some planning is made by using the paddle shifters. It just doesn't feel like a "driver's car", that most Acuras that I've owned have always delivered in spades. At 45K plus taxes, it should be better than it is.

All in all, while I don't altogether regret the decision, I definitely wouldn't buy it again, in fact, I'll probably trade it in within a year or two at the most. The turbo 4 just isn't as good as a good 6cyl, and doesn't provide any gas savings either.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Advanced

First I will preface what I going to say by admitting that I do not have specs for every car sold in the US. But...

I do not understand the whole 'gas mileage' thing. There are no gas stingy turbo-charged SUV-type vehicles on the market that I know of. There are no seriously gas stingy SUVs either. (My definition being an SUV that gets a minimum of 25-26mpg or better in city driving)

So, why would anyone thinking of buying an RDX be expecting the MPG they were getting with their TSX, TL, or Honda Civics? I don't get it.

For me, the car's overall tech package of features 'combined' with its crossover build, turbocharger, and smart exterior were quite attractive. I have never even considered buying an SUV before. But I was getting tired of using my wife's minivan in order to haul stuff for weekend trips, etc. The RDX seemed like a good alternative that solved my problem without giving up style, some luxuries, and the coolness factor.

When I bought the RDX, I knew I would take a hit at the gas pump. (I was getting good mileage out of my 2001 TL). It sucks that gas prices rise during the summer but what else is new. And while it is a 4cyl Turbo, it is still way fun to drive and pretty responsive! Turbos have lag -- period. The RDX has much less lag than most. Your good driving skills either adapt to having a turbo or you trade out.

Anyone who buys an RDX thinking its a sports car has unrealistic expectations.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
7th Gear

sales of RDX are slow in US, lots people in US get under invoice. But looks like sales are not bad in Vancouver BC (I'm in Van too), not easier to get good deals here. I'm looking to get $600 above invoice.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Advanced

It is interesting to me that I rarely see advertisements in the Chicago area on TV about the RDX. I only learned about it because I had an Acura. I wonder if the reason sales in the US are slow is because Acura is doing a lousy job of putting the car in front of the public.

I mean I even see ads for Acura dealerships that do not even mention the RDX. That amazes me.

Do they do a lot of marketing in Canada for the RDX?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:38 PM
'07 Moroccan Red Pearl

I see a decent amount of commercials here in NJ.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've owned my Black/Black Tech since early January, have almost 3k miles on it. I have found the highway performance to be just fine. I've been paying special attention to highway passing lately as someone else mentioned it a few weeks back. What I noticed is that if I want to scoot, I hit the down paddle once or twice and off I go like a shot. No trouble whatsoever getting where I need to go. I don't look at this paddle shifting as a negative, either; I find it exhilarating. I CAN see Fishbulb's point of being caught flatfooted, but again, I don't mind using the paddles, that's why they're there. To each his own and all that.

Strengths and weakneses: plenty of the former, not many of the latter. What don't I like about my RDX? I had to have the front windows tinted (but that is the law that SUVs cannot have x% tint, so that's not Acura's fault.) The excellent comment above notwithstanding, Subie manages to get pretty good mpg out of their turbos but then again their turbos likely don't weigh 4k lbs. or have the exact level of comfort the RDX does. But again, this is not a dealbreaker for me, it's more of a tradeoff...if better performance delivers not quite as good mpg as I'd like...so be it.

The next generation of engines maybe 5 or 10 years ahead likely WILL deliver both performance and mpg. Until that day comes, I will still like my RDX.

No problems with brakes, reliability, engine, or snow (and we had our share in the Midwestern US, no worries here). Can't comment on the blue color, but yeah from memory it does seem like a nice dark blue. Search the board for a pix thread, the colors are pretty true. Easiest to keep clean imho would be Carbon Bronze Pearl. I almost got this color, it is pretty sharp.

As for good deals in Canada, looks like your neighbor has chimed in on that, and that does sound like a fair price. I got mine for about 200 over invoice (with a few goodies: mud flaps, all-season mats, and something else I forget), so 600 over is not unreasonable. You might ask them to throw in a few accessories like leather shift knob, all-season mats, etc.

I'm not concerned about Acura keeping it or not keeping it at_all. Every vehicle has a niche, and the RDX's niche is a loaded-out SUV with near-sports-car handling. As such, I think there will be plenty of demand for it whether it's made 5 years from now or not. (Besides which, sales have been steadily increasing IIRC.) If it had quality issues, they would have shown up well before now. It doesn't.

I'll give you another example: I had a '93 Dodge Stealth for 10 years; they ceased production in the late '90s I believe...but I had zero trouble selling it and getting a great price for it, even though it had 100k miles on the odo. A quality vehicle will sell, period.

Good luck, and enjoy your vehicle whatever you end up getting.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:32 PM
7th Gear

Canada is less competitive market compare in US, so never imagine you can get a vehicle below invoice, plus we need pay $39 to carcostcanada to get invoice price.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ecgz88
Canada is less competitive market compare in US, so never imagine you can get a vehicle below invoice, plus we need pay $39 to carcostcanada to get invoice price.
no need for the rdx, since it is already in the pricing sticky on this board
Old 05-01-2007, 07:46 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Hi again,
Thanks to all that have offered different opinions on the RDX. I have still not made my final decision since I am waiting to see what kind of difference in price dealers want for me to go from my Bimmer to an RDX.
With regards to the RDX, I have been spending a lot of time on the net researching different points of view and reviews by various sources,etc . Of course one can get confused with too much information.There is a lot of bashing on the Acura line as Honda wanting be in the luxury scene more prominently and not quite getting there with their product line. Also, a lot of comments about the RDX not having a 6 cylinder at that price (comparing to RAV 4 with a six)and the poor gas mileage of the Turbo engine . Also, many feel that you are not getting much more for the money than a loaded Honda CRV . Many don't like the styling.Generally comments relate to a vehicle that is too expensive for what it is and what you can get for less money in that segment.
Having bought a BMW and having looked at buying another one(328 Xi or X3)I know that a BMW with similar options would cost a bunch more than the RDX .
So in general terms, I don't necessarily agree with all the bad comments but it does raise some questions as to how well the RDX will be accepted in the marketplace.
Will see what the numbers come back at.I also hear that the 2008 RDX may include things like 6 speed auto transmission,passenger power seats,auto dimming mirrors, some other things that people have been complaining that a luxury vehicle should have at that price.Not sure if this is true.Maybe it is better to wait till the fall when both 2207 and 2008 are available for comparison purposes.
More comments are still appreciated.
Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Racer

Acuras are a bit of a compromise. They are not as big or as luxurious as the equivalents from Mercedes or Lexus and not as performance-oriented as BMW, but Acura is usually significantly cheaper than the competition. Also, Acura has the best technology for the money with top rated navigation and audio systems. You need to decide what features you value and how much money you want to spend.

Looks are a personal preference. I think the RDX has a nice high-tech look. If you want a more utilitarian look or a more feminine look, then there are lots of better choices for you.

Gas mileage depends on how you drive. I've been getting low 20s in mixed driving. Obviously, if you want to test your 0-60 time at every stop light, then you are going to get somewhat less. Because the turbo engine is so responsive, some people may be tempted to push their limits. If you show some discipline, you'll be fine.

Regarding features in future years, you know that they are prices are going to go up as features increase. Acura dealers are offering great prices on the RDX right now (in the USA anyway). I think the RDX is a great value now if you are interested in the tech features. If you wait for them to add more features, the RDX may not be such a value with a $5K higher price tag.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Photographer

Hi again,
Thanks to all that have offered different opinions on the RDX. I have still not made my final decision since I am waiting to see what kind of difference in price dealers want for me to go from my Bimmer to an RDX.
With regards to the RDX, I have been spending a lot of time on the net researching different points of view and reviews by various sources,etc . Of course one can get confused with too much information.There is a lot of bashing on the Acura line as Honda wanting be in the luxury scene more prominently and not quite getting there with their product line. Also, a lot of comments about the RDX not having a 6 cylinder at that price (comparing to RAV 4 with a six)and the poor gas mileage of the Turbo engine . Also, many feel that you are not getting much more for the money than a loaded Honda CRV . Many don't like the styling.Generally comments relate to a vehicle that is too expensive for what it is and what you can get for less money in that segment.
Having bought a BMW and having looked at buying another one(328 Xi or X3)I know that a BMW with similar options would cost a bunch more than the RDX .
So in general terms, I don't necessarily agree with all the bad comments but it does raise some questions as to how well the RDX will be accepted in the marketplace.
Will see what the numbers come back at.I also hear that the 2008 RDX may include things like 6 speed auto transmission,passenger power seats,auto dimming mirrors, some other things that people have been complaining that a luxury vehicle should have at that price.Not sure if this is true.Maybe it is better to wait till the fall when both 2207 and 2008 are available for comparison purposes.
Thanks
i beg to differ. Acura is well established as a luxury line.

if you test drove both you would even compare them to each other.

sure you could save and buy a CX-7 but remember you get what you pay for.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Intermediate

Well, they posted my reply, but I guess I accidentally posted it TWICE lol:

I can't stand CX-7 trash talkers.

Bottom line, and RDX w/ Tech is roughly ~$3k more than a CX-7 GT w/ AWD & Tech, but worth about $10k more in quality.

RDX w/ Tech wins hands down when comparing apples to apples.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

Hi again,
Thanks
You really cannot compare a Honda CR-V w/ 4wd to an RDX w/ Tech -- just take the RDX on a test drive and push it HARD into a corner. You'll experience SH-AWD and REALIZE the Honda pales in comparison.

Furthermore, there's no way the CR-V's technology compliment can be compared to Acura's on the RDX i.e. audio (DVD-A), Navi w/ voice recognition & directory, hands-free Bluetooth, XM w/ real time traffic, SH-AWD, dual-chamber turbo (to reduce lag), multi-function display, electroluminscent lighting, etc.

Oh, this doesn't speak of appearnce either -- RDX wins hands down IMHO.

Rarity is another bonus IMHO -- you'll eventually see FAR more CR-V's on the road than RDX's -- and I prefer it that way.

Of course, if you're an "on paper" shopper, you might come to the conclusion that a CR-V is the better value because the public views it that way. The fact is they are in different leagues. You should narrow your comparisons of the RDX to the X3, the new Land Rover LR2, Lexus RX350, and I guess the Mazda CX-7, but only the GT w/ Tech & AWD, since other variations simply can't compare and target a different market segment.

By the way, there's not a single turbo-4 that gets "good gas mileage".
Old 05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Photographer

Originally Posted by Psychobroker
You really cannot compare a Honda CR-V w/ 4wd to an RDX w/ Tech -- just take the RDX on a test drive and push it HARD into a corner. You'll experience SH-AWD and REALIZE the Honda pales in comparison.

Furthermore, there's no way the CR-V's technology compliment can be compared to Acura's on the RDX i.e. audio (DVD-A), Navi w/ voice recognition & directory, hands-free Bluetooth, XM w/ real time traffic, SH-AWD, dual-chamber turbo (to reduce lag), multi-function display, electroluminscent lighting, etc.

Oh, this doesn't speak of appearnce either -- RDX wins hands down IMHO.

Rarity is another bonus IMHO -- you'll eventually see FAR more CR-V's on the road than RDX's -- and I prefer it that way.

Of course, if you're an "on paper" shopper, you might come to the conclusion that a CR-V is the better value because the public views it that way. The fact is they are in different leagues. You should narrow your comparisons of the RDX to the X3, the new Land Rover LR2, Lexus RX350, and I guess the Mazda CX-7, but only the GT w/ Tech & AWD, since other variations simply can't compare and target a different market segment.

By the way, there's not a single turbo-4 that gets "good gas mileage".
i feel the same way
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Update:
Sold my BMW privately since I did not get any good deals from dealers(not surprised).
Next on the agenda is probably going to be buying an RDX and may wait until the pricing in known on the updated 2008 models which are scheduled to arrive in late August.Until then, my transportation will consist on rides from friends,bus or if I can find a $ 500 car that will take me from A to B safely, and then recycle it.
Interested to know what kind of discounts from MSRP have BC owners been getting or have gotten on base or tech.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the turbo-4 is a better suited motor to this vehicle than the TL's 3.5L. It makes more torque until you get to very high RPMS, a much more useful motor for this heavier vehicle. It makes about 220 ftlbs at about 2000 rpm. The TL's peak torque is only 233. It feels plently lively to me, and our other car is a Forester XT and my previous car was a mildly modified WRX.

This motor is going to be a hoot if they ever put it in a TSX Type-S with SH-AWD.

<----Never been that impressed with NA V6's. I'll take a well done I4 turbo any day.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Instructor

Update:
Sold my BMW privately since I did not get any good deals from dealers(not surprised).
Next on the agenda is probably going to be buying an RDX and may wait until the pricing in known on the updated 2008 models which are scheduled to arrive in late August.Until then, my transportation will consist on rides from friends,bus or if I can find a $ 500 car that will take me from A to B safely, and then recycle it.
Interested to know what kind of discounts from MSRP have BC owners been getting or have gotten on base or tech.
looks like someone from vancouver just got one. seems didn't get anything off MSRP but got a couple accessories thrown in.

Name or Screen Name: xh3atyx
Country/State/City of purchase: Vancouver b.c
Color Ext/Int: Carbon Black on Black
Month/Yr of purchase: June 12 2007
Price paid before tax/lic: $41.000 w/ all weather mats, body side molding
Model Yr of RDX: 2007
Base/Tech: base
i didn't get much off either...getting $1800 off MSRP for a tech. the only other more recent purchase from vancouver i've seen was $1500 off MSRP (also a tech i believe)
Old 06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

The question that I would have for those posting their prices paid is if the amount shown is total paid including freight and PDI (excl. taxes). For example, the purchase shown on this thread for $ 41,000 ( base)incl. accessories does not mention if the $ 1,775 freight and PDI was on top of that price or if it included this.If it was included then in my view there was a $ 1,775 discount from MSRP.If not then that RDX cost $ 42,775 not $ 41,000.To know this would be of help to prospective purchasers.
In my case, since I won't be trading in a car ,I expect to pay less than MSRP+freight and PDI.
Perhaps the original thread where owners register their RDXs and show their prices should indicate if freight and PDI is included or excluded.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 AM
B A N N E D

Hi,

Strengths- Nav system, very nice, Audio system that is Excellent coming from the factory, Great handling. Weaknesses- No keyless start/stop available, No memory power seat, Styling doesn't win many people over. Turbo lag power delivery.
The Brake feel seems to be noted for a bit of mushyness, but test drive another to make sure that it wasn't the car you test drove.
SH-AWD, seems to be adequate in snow for traction/handling. As from Road tests.
It's a deep blue, very nice.

Thanks for yopur help.
IMO, they could have made it look prettier. Like the MDX.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Instructor

The question that I would have for those posting their prices paid is if the amount shown is total paid including freight and PDI (excl. taxes). For example, the purchase shown on this thread for $ 41,000 ( base)incl. accessories does not mention if the $ 1,775 freight and PDI was on top of that price or if it included this.If it was included then in my view there was a $ 1,775 discount from MSRP.If not then that RDX cost $ 42,775 not $ 41,000.To know this would be of help to prospective purchasers.
In my case, since I won't be trading in a car ,I expect to pay less than MSRP+freight and PDI.
Perhaps the original thread where owners register their RDXs and show their prices should indicate if freight and PDI is included or excluded.
good point. not sure how people are posting in that thread. i would be surprised if he/she didn't get anything off MSRP this late into the model year.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:13 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Well after almost 3 months of being without a car, testing a BMW X3 ,Infinity FX35 and RDX , considering a BMW 328xi Coupe AWD, looking at a Mazda CX-7 and 9, and reading the latest info. on the Infinity EX35, I have finally decided that the Acura RDX is my best all around choice of vehicle to buy. So today I put a deposit on a 2008 RDX Base , Carbon Bronze Pearl with Taupe interior. Accessories included are all weather mats,back-up sensors, body side moldings,nose mask,cargo liner, touch-up paint and wheel locks and mud guards(included in Canada). I am hoping to pick it up sometime next week . Since I have purchased it over the phone, I am hoping that the colour combination of exterior and interior(which is new to Canada)will be nice. I have seen the Carbon Bronze Pearl and Taupe interior colours on separate cars but not together.I have seen it together on a US dealer website( given to me by a forum member) and I like it.
Can't wait to get it! Being 60( but like I said before young at heart) I must be one of the oldest members to join the RDX family.
Thanks to all forum members that helped me with my decision and with their responses to my various posts.I am looking forward to continuing to participate in the various RDX forum topics.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Well after almost 3 months of being without a car, testing a BMW X3 ,Infinity FX35 and RDX , considering a BMW 328xi Coupe AWD, looking at a Mazda CX-7 and 9, and reading the latest info. on the Infinity EX35, I have finally decided that the Acura RDX is my best all around choice of vehicle to buy. So today I put a deposit on a 2008 RDX Base , Carbon Bronze Pearl with Taupe interior. Accessories included are all weather mats,back-up sensors, body side moldings,nose mask,cargo liner, touch-up paint and wheel locks and mud guards(included in Canada). I am hoping to pick it up sometime next week . Since I have purchased it over the phone, I am hoping that the colour combination of exterior and interior(which is new to Canada)will be nice. I have seen the Carbon Bronze Pearl and Taupe interior colours on separate cars but not together.I have seen it together on a US dealer website( given to me by a forum member) and I like it.
Can't wait to get it! Being 60( but like I said before young at heart) I must be one of the oldest members to join the RDX family.
Thanks to all forum members that helped me with my decision and with their responses to my various posts.I am looking forward to continuing to participate in the various RDX forum topics.
Congratulations! You'll love the vehicle. There are a bunch of older folks in the RDX club. You got me by only a year.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Finally got the RDX home last friday and enjoyed the 500 KM drive in the pouring rain. (great SHAWD) .After being sick for the last week I am hoping to be able to really enjoy it now. I am very pleased with it so far , gas mileage for that trip was approx. 25 MPG Imperial over high mountains and are glad I picked that colour combination.

P.S. Tried to post a picture of it but it did not work. I guess I am doing something wrong here.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Racer

P.S. Tried to post a picture of it but it did not work. I guess I am doing something wrong here.
Hey casa7, you have to upload the photos to an online server first and then add the image link to this board. If you need space, email me the pics and I can upload your pics to my website.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:40 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Originally Posted by Boon
Hey casa7, you have to upload the photos to an online server first and then add the image link to this board. If you need space, email me the pics and I can upload your pics to my website.
OK PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Intermediate

Red tech in Sask

Hi Congrats on the purchase. I bought my red tech a year ago today. I was one of the first buyers in Calgary and I think the first one in Sask to own the RDX(the Sask dealers didn't have any yet when I bought). As far as winter driving goes you will love the RDX in the snow. One thing to watch is that the turbo really does kick in hard and will pull the vehicle to the right hard. This is of course only under full throttle and trying to break it loose. Everyday winter driving is great with good stability and great traction. I have had no problems in 12500km. I did add myself the front spoiler which I love, body side mouldings and a leather shifter. All great additions.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats on the RDX...oh, & thanks for making me feel younger!!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:36 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Thanks to all for the congrats.
Here is a picture my 2008 RDX.Really pleased with the colour combination.
Took it out for a ride and really like it. I really don't notice a hard suspension and turbo lag. I think it is a great cross between a sports sedan and small SUV. Lots of fun and practical IMHO.

Would be nice if an RDX Car Club would be formed in the US and Canada.Even an Acura Car Club would be great.This forum is great though.

[IMG]www.baunmah.com/dl/RDX2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-09-2007, 10:54 PM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Originally Posted by sctlenz
Hi Congrats on the purchase. I bought my red tech a year ago today. I was one of the first buyers in Calgary and I think the first one in Sask to own the RDX(the Sask dealers didn't have any yet when I bought). As far as winter driving goes you will love the RDX in the snow. One thing to watch is that the turbo really does kick in hard and will pull the vehicle to the right hard. This is of course only under full throttle and trying to break it loose. Everyday winter driving is great with good stability and great traction. I have had no problems in 12500km. I did add myself the front spoiler which I love, body side mouldings and a leather shifter. All great additions.
Thanks for the congrats.
Have you been using the standard Michelin tires in winter or dedicated winter tires? My understanding from reading on the Tire Rack website that the OEM Michelins are not rated that well for winter driving. I am thinking of getting dedicated winter tires for winter driving since I have to cross high mountains to head to the coast or east.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the congrats.
Have you been using the standard Michelin tires in winter or dedicated winter tires? My understanding from reading on the Tire Rack website that the OEM Michelins are not rated that well for winter driving. I am thinking of getting dedicated winter tires for winter driving since I have to cross high mountains to head to the coast or east.
I drove them through last winter & they were just ok. If you can, get some dedicated winter tires or really good all season's, like GY fortera's. I liked those on my old MDX.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 AM
B A N N E D

Cool

Just get some really good all seasons, like
Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G052
Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Intermediate

Stock worked fine

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Just get some really good all seasons, like
Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G052
I had no problem with the stock Michelins. They worked fine. I am sure that a set of deticated winter would be better but I had no reason to change.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:03 AM
08 RDX CBP/Taupe/Base

Finally took a picture of the RDX. Here it is. I am very happy with the colour combination and the way it drives. No issues with stiff suspension or turbo lag.
Have gotten positive comments from neighbors and friends, including how comfortable it is in the back.
I will probably get winter tires since it is better for mountain driving and also, all seasons start loosing traction at low temperatures.Winter tires have softer rubber compound for snow and ice.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CASA congrats, that thing is a Beaut!