Is Real-Time Traffic working for anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is Real-Time Traffic working for anyone?

I've had my RDX for two weeks and I have yet to see the RT Traffic information working. On Wednesday I had XM resend activation and still no traffic information, Friday I took it to the dealer to reset it again and today still no traffic information. Is real-time traffic information working for anyone in the Chicagoland area? Looks like I will have to take it back to dealer on Monday.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Advanced

i'm out in the burbs, so the real-time traffic doesnt apply. however, when i do get 'closer' to chicago, like schaumburg for example, i do notice that the different traffic legends appear on my nav on 90, showing traffic as nominal. but then again, i may not be talking about the same thing you are.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Instructor

I was driving down the 110 today. When I started the car, I looked at the 110 at Dodger Stadium and noticed it was green. Drove down the 110 and noticed traffic was getting a little heavy. Looked at the map and now it was yellow. (No sensors on the part ot the freeway where I was but I could see it a few miles up the road) A couple minutes latter as traffic got worse, I noticed that the 110 was now red. So yes...it works, and works fairly well. I've had instances where it showed green and I was stuck in slow traffic and I've had instances where it showed yellow and traffic was flowing fast.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SolidState
I've had my RDX for two weeks and I have yet to see the RT Traffic information working. On Wednesday I had XM resend activation and still no traffic information, Friday I took it to the dealer to reset it again and today still no traffic information. Is real-time traffic information working for anyone in the Chicagoland area? Looks like I will have to take it back to dealer on Monday.
I'm assumig you have it zoomed in at the right level to get the traffic level? But thought I'd mention it just in case...
Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by amypinseattle
I'm assumig you have it zoomed in at the right level to get the traffic level? But thought I'd mention it just in case...
Yes, I have it zoomed to the right level. I've read the manual and would consider myself a technophilia. In fact if you use the voice command to "Display traffic information/Speeds" it will automatically zoom to the correct scale. I took it to the dealer on Friday and they verified it was not working and told me to bring it in if it still not working by Monday, which is today.

I've had XM resend the activation last Wednesday and I used the XM web site to resend the activation on Saturday. Drove all around downtown and north side of Chicago all Saturday and still no traffic information. When I checked the Account information on the XM web site it shows I have should have RT traffic service.

It could be something not setup right at some point. As of now, I'm not too impress with the technology package.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by SolidState
Yes, I have it zoomed to the right level. I've read the manual and would consider myself a technophilia. In fact if you use the voice command to "Display traffic information/Speeds" it will automatically zoom to the correct scale. I took it to the dealer on Friday and they verified it was not working and told me to bring it in if it still not working by Monday, which is today.

I've had XM resend the activation last Wednesday and I used the XM web site to resend the activation on Saturday. Drove all around downtown and north side of Chicago all Saturday and still no traffic information. When I checked the Account information on the XM web site it shows I have should have RT traffic service.

It could be something not setup right at some point. As of now, I'm not too impress with the technology package.
aww dont say that haha... im sure its just something small... like a little glitch in the satellite receiver or whatever u call it haha
Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Advanced

I've looked everywhere, even XM but can't find the cost of the service. I think you have to have the $12.95 service plus whatever the charge for RealTraffic is. Can it be the $6.99 plan and regardless what is the extra for the RealTraffic? Thanks. May be ordering tomorrow. Having a hard time deciding.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
4th Gear

I've driven in both Chicago and Milwaukee and as long as your zoom is within the Traffic range it comes in nicely. It is sweet and probably the main reason i picked this car since I have to cross Milwaukee - Gary corridor twice a week.

If you have the Traffic icon enabled in navigation display setup and can receive XM radio stations then you might have to visit the dealer.

Personally I dislike XM programming so I will stick to my Sirius unit via Aux port. When my 3 month free will be up I will change to traffic only subscription which is $9.95 per month. Here is the link to XM traffic : http://www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic/
Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by itonix
I've driven in both Chicago and Milwaukee and as long as your zoom is within the Traffic range it comes in nicely. It is sweet and probably the main reason i picked this car since I have to cross Milwaukee - Gary corridor twice a week.

If you have the Traffic icon enabled in navigation display setup and can receive XM radio stations then you might have to visit the dealer.

Personally I dislike XM programming so I will stick to my Sirius unit via Aux port. When my 3 month free will be up I will change to traffic only subscription which is $9.95 per month. Here is the link to XM traffic : http://www.xmradio.com/xmnavtraffic/
OK, my real-time traffic is working now. Man it makes a big difference when it's working. I can see what is going on in the whole chicago area. I wish it was working this past weekend.

To get it to work they had to do a "battery system reset." I got the car Aug. 31 which I asked "shouldn't it have been working when you guys checked out the car?" The dealer didn't have a response other than they messed up. I didn't know it was not working for over a week because I didn't have time to go through all features in the car. I'm still working through the phone and the directory. I can't wait to get my JD powers survey to fill out.

I agree, I really don't want the XM programming I just want the traffic information. I will use my Ipod for music and 780AM for news.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
ULOOZ

Just check into the setup screen to be sure it is on to recieve the real time traffic. It has to be "on" to display the icons. Have your dealer call XM and they should ask if your unit has a good signal for "NAVTRAFFIC" and is set up with XM properly.