RDX Pics from the 2007 Los Angeles Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX Pics from the 2007 Los Angeles Autoshow

I went to the auto show last night with my buddy so I could compare a lot of vehicles in the RDX's class and I really wanted to see the Ford Edge up close....and since Ford cant seem to make up their mind about when it will be released to dealers - I thought this might be the only time I could see one pre-production.

After seeing the edge and MKX up close, I have to say I was underwhelmed. Since it was a Tuesday night and things were kind of slow, I got to talk to the ford rep for a little while. I explained that I had lost all my enthusiasim for the Edge because the wait has been to long, and in the mean time I stumbled on to the Acura RDX, which is far more impressive. They did not have much to say - ther than to offer me a $500 off coupon for any new ford vehicle.

The Lincoln MKX - for north of $41k - in real life looks like a real poor value.

I got my first close look at a RAV4, and besides being a Girl's car - there is no way I can look at those climate control knobs every day...I dont care if it's faster...Toyota interiors are hideous.
The X3 was nice, but I just sold my 330Ci and I'm off BMW for a while.

I saw a Landrover LR2, fairly unimpressive at first glance, and when you option it up to the RDX/Tech level, it's north of $42k (HID's are a $900 option). Reliability is still questionable to me.

Closer inpsection of the CX-7 confirms that I dont enjoy looking at the front end, although they had a far more impressive booth display than Acura. They had a CX-7 on a 4 pole stand so you could walk underneath and view the AWD components. I searched in vain for the elctromagnetic clutches on the rear axle, but could not find them....then I realized that it was NOT SH-AWD.

Looks like the RDX is going to be my choice.
Here is one of two RDX's at the show. The other was non-tech.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice pix, "Girl's car" lmao! I scoped out the new Rav this summer. I know Toyotas are great quality and farily stylish and all that, but I agree, their interiors are just a puzzle. The stereo components in Rav and all the Toyo trucks reminded me a lot of my mom's '85 Celica GT-S (awesome ride, btw) stereo...and not in a good way. It was cool in '85, not so cool now. Why, Toyota, why?!

I have also pretty much decided I'm gonna get an RDX IF my dealer can meet my price. Happy hunting to us both.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

I agree on the Rav4 styling, and Toyota interior styling in general. Just not for me. I even think some of the Lexus interiors are not that good looking. I test drove the RX350 a couple weeks ago and did not like the styling of the center stack at all -- looked like a 1980s boombox. That and it drove like a Buick...
Old 12-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Missin my TSX =(

nice write up... i actually like the rav4.. not bad... but the mkx n the edge... forget bout it...

did u mean the lr2 or the LR3? cuz i would like to see the LR2 if its a new vehicle

good pick with the rdx, ull be happy
Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 642 Likes on 284 Posts
nice shots, thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
did u mean the lr2 or the LR3? cuz i would like to see the LR2 if its a new vehicle
Probably meant the LR2. It's brand new, the replacement for the Freelander, and smaller than the LR3.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

Yeah, correct - the Landrover LR2. My camera batteries died and I did not take any pics, but it really appeared more show than go ... and my buddy had a Disovery that was a huge POS, so I do not even consider it after a quick viewing.

I did look at a Lexus RX much earlier, but the shifter coming out of the dashboard made me think CR-V, and the price/performance ratio was wrong (for me).

I really wanted to like the Edge/MKX, but like I said earlier the delayed launch of the vehicles made me loose intrest. I asked two different Ford reps at the show when the Edge would be hitting the street and one said "end of December" and the other said "mid-February"