RDX Disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX Disappointing

I played with one at Acura and I didn't like the RDX . It felt like a cheap version of the Nissan/Infiniti product. Their weird thing about Hinda/Acura products is there's an annoying sameness to them.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:30 PM
CL3
10th Gear

what was disapointing?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Where?

Where and when did you have the opportunity to play with one?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bobq
I second that....
Old 08-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CL3
what was disapointing?
Let's see... NAV screen is too small (and not touch). STILL no ipod integration. Seats comfortable. Controll knob for NAV is akward. Aluminum in trim has this weird overhang on the dash (though it might be changed latter).

It's OK. It's got good power and handles nicely, but again it's a compromise compared to the Infiniti.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bobq
Yesterday at a company doing work on it in Torrance, CA.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HollywoodTSX
Let's see... NAV screen is too small (and not touch). STILL no ipod integration. Seats comfortable. Controll knob for NAV is akward. Aluminum in trim has this weird overhang on the dash (though it might be changed latter).

It's OK. It's got good power and handles nicely, but again it's a compromise compared to the Infiniti.
It has the same NAV System as the RL. Your right it's not touch screen, but has SO MANY more options that are useful if you live in one of the 44 metropolitan areas it covers. Acura is adding more cities every month too. It not only has an MP3 jack that will work with any brand MP3 Player it also has the option of adding the Acura MusicLink which allows you to control an Apple IPOD through the Audio System???

Comparing the RDX to an Infiniti? Which one? One model is the same price without anykind of AWD System and the others are thousands more. Apples to Oranges....
Old 08-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 996 Likes on 530 Posts
The hands-free, voice activated Nav system of the RDX is a step up from the old touch screen models. The RDX has a jack to connect MP3 players (ipod) as standard equipment.
Sounds suspiciously like a nervous Infiniti salesman trying to discredit the RDX!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HollywoodTSX

It has the same NAV System as the RL. Your right it's not touch screen, but has SO MANY more options that are useful if you live in one of the 44 metropolitan areas it covers. Acura is adding more cities every month too. It not only has an MP3 jack that will work with any brand MP3 Player it also has the option of adding the Acura MusicLink which allows you to control an Apple IPOD through the Audio System???

Comparing the RDX to an Infiniti? Which one? One model is the same price without anykind of AWD System and the others are thousands more. Apples to Oranges....
Old 08-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hondamore
Sounds suspiciously like a nervous Infiniti salesman trying to discredit the RDX!!!
I agree!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does Infiniti have to compare to it, anyway? Their entry to this segment is still a sketch on paper, afaik.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
He's an unhappy TSX owner, search on his user name
Old 08-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Colin
That might explain his deep down anger towards the RDX...
Old 08-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin

The dude bought a TSX for the iPod integration and has been bitter ever since he found out it didn't work up to his standards. Now he's stuck with a car that has to rely on an AUX jack to play his iPod music.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

The dude bought a TSX for the iPod integration and has been bitter ever since he found out it didn't work up to his standards. Now he's stuck with a car that has to rely on an AUX jack to play his iPod music.
That's just sad....really really sad. People willing to pay 28K for a mobile IPOD player...maybe Apple will rule the world one day after all
Old 08-05-2006, 11:29 PM
8th Gear

but if u think about it for a 38K car its not really worth it, u pay a little more for a different brand like lexus or something u get alot more featurs,

The RDX is not worth its money.

1. No power passenger seat
2. NO Memory Seat
3. No Smart Key Access
4. No AFS
5. NO Power Tailgate
6: NO Electrocromtic Mirrors
7. No Wood Trimming
8: No Touch Screen
9: Brand Like ELS Vs. Mark Levinson Or BOSE which is worth alot more in price
10: Driver Only Auto Window. (come on even a Camary has all the window on auto)

For 38K for this is hardly seem worth it, your not getting all for the money!
Old 08-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Instructor

I got to sit in one at my dealership last month. After the sales people did their test drive and told me how well it performs, I put down my deposit.

38k is a bit expensive but I paid 32k for my CL Type-S w/Navi when it first came out as in 2000 and the RDX has a lot more technology than mine does.

1. I don't like the no power passenger seat either...but I won't be sitting in it.
2. No Memory Seat - This sucks but I'll trade it in when they get this.
3. So what?
4. What's AFS?
5. I'm not that lazy that I need a power tail gate.
6. I'm thinking about putting one in after market.
7. Acura never has real wood trim anyway.
8. This'll be a switch from mine but I think a good one. Two words: Voice Command
9. Funny, most forums I've seen have a forum called: BOSE blows
10. Same as my car...but hey, I'm still not that lazy that I can't hold down the button a little longer.

Now...what are we getting for the 38k?

1. Real Time traffic! If you live in LA, you know how valuable this will be. Only other Acura that has this: RL (48k)
2. SHAWD. Only other Acura that has this: RL (48k)
3. Voice Command for most features of the car. IE don't need to touch the screen anymore.
4. Bluetooth integration
5. Acura's first turbo engine (yeah well...we'll see how good this really is once I get my test drive)
6. Dual-Zone Climate Control
7. XM Radio
8. DVD Audio
9. Tire pressure indicators
10. Acura reliability

So is this car really worth 6 grand more than mine? I'll let you know when I get my test drive later this month.

Originally Posted by kchan86
but if u think about it for a 38K car its not really worth it, u pay a little more for a different brand like lexus or something u get alot more featurs,

2. NO Memory Seat
3. No Smart Key Access
4. No AFS
5. NO Power Tailgate
7. No Wood Trimming

For 38K for this is hardly seem worth it, your not getting all for the money!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kchan86

Will get next year or during mid cycle refresh
2. NO Memory Seat
Will get next year or during mid cycle refresh
3. No Smart Key Access
This really blows
4. No AFS
wtf is this
5. NO Power Tailgate
This really blows
wtf is this
7. No Wood Trimming
Metallic trim >>>>> wood trim (unless you are 70 and about to drop dead anyways)
?? My tsx navigation screen is touch screen....
ELS >>>> Mark Levinson or BOSE (if you are truly into music and not brainwashed by mass marketing)
This really blows
I agree 50%.....the RDX is overpriced by $2-$3k right now. Hopefully, they will add more features in the next few years without increasing the price too much. However, compared to other luxury SUVs, it's still not that bad.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:39 AM
Instructor

Guys ur asking for too much for its price.Most of the magazine critics has considered the RDX as a best bang for the buck..when u compare it to BMW X3.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Undercover Slacker

i dont like how acura is moving away from touch screen navi's...
Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
7. No Wood Trimming
Metallic trim >>>>> wood trim (unless you are 70 and about to drop dead anyways)

I could never understand the fascination with wood trim.

Think...70's station wagons.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Digits

I could never understand the fascination with wood trim.

Think...70's station wagons.
wood trim, when done RIGHT (think Mercedes & some BMWs), looks a lot better than most aluminum/plastic trims
Old 08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnAboy
wood trim, when done RIGHT (think Mercedes & some BMWs), looks a lot better than most aluminum/plastic trims
Agreed, and Acura does a pretty good job with wood, notably the well balanced mix of (albeit fake) wood and aluminum trim in the TL. And for those who really want wood, apparently there's a wood package available for the RDX, though it's most likely the stick-on kind, which I don't much care for.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:43 PM
7th Gear

I don't think the RDX is priced out of line either with the competition or within the Acura lineup. Rather, I think it's short a few features that should be in a car that costs $40k out the door.

For instance, how much more could it have added to the cost of production to include a factory auto-dimming mirror, LED taillights, power passenger seat, memory seats, and one-touch windows all around? A few hundred dollars MAYBE?

People who can afford to spend $40k on a car are luxury car buyers. They want luxury. What's luxurious about having to hold all four window switches up when you arrive at your destination? Or telling your passenger that they'll have to reach under the seat for the bar to move forwards or backwards?

Come on Acura. I know you're trying to save a buck, so make the Technology Package an extra $3,995 instead of $3,495 and give me the features that BELONG on a car this price. Because until the car gets them, I'm not buying.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wolfeman314
Agreed, and Acura does a pretty good job with wood, notably the well balanced mix of (albeit fake) wood and aluminum trim in the TL. And for those who really want wood, apparently there's a wood package available for the RDX, though it's most likely the stick-on kind, which I don't much care for.
Originally Posted by johnAboy
I don't care how well done it is, I still don't like it. That's why it should be optional, since we all have different tastes.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by okwiater
I don't think the RDX is priced out of line either with the competition or within the Acura lineup. Rather, I think it's short a few features that should be in a car that costs $40k out the door.

For instance, how much more could it have added to the cost of production to include a factory auto-dimming mirror, LED taillights, power passenger seat, memory seats, and one-touch windows all around? A few hundred dollars MAYBE?

People who can afford to spend $40k on a car are luxury car buyers. They want luxury. What's luxurious about having to hold all four window switches up when you arrive at your destination? Or telling your passenger that they'll have to reach under the seat for the bar to move forwards or backwards?

Come on Acura. I know you're trying to save a buck, so make the Technology Package an extra $3,995 instead of $3,495 and give me the features that BELONG on a car this price. Because until the car gets them, I'm not buying.
I totally 100% agree with you. It is really sad what Acura did to RDX. Manual passenger seat and try to sell the auto-dimming mirror as option in a $35K car. That's really suck.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:25 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I can't believe people are getting this upset over two "features" that I personally will never use but the first time I get in the car. Once I set my seat all the way beack(I'm 6'8") I'm done unless some car wash flunkie moves it up.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't even aware there was an auto-dim rearview mirror available, as I never use the manual switch.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:11 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by lumpulus
I can't believe people are getting this upset over two "features" that I personally will never use but the first time I get in the car. Once I set my seat all the way beack(I'm 6'8") I'm done unless some car wash flunkie moves it up.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't even aware there was an auto-dim rearview mirror available, as I never use the manual switch.
You're lucky that it's easy to set your seat. I'd venture to say that most people, myself included, take awhile to find the best seating position. Once I find it, I'd like to be able to save it.

And the reason people are upset is because this is an expensive car, yet it is missing features that have been included on most other cars costing a full $10k less.

If I were shopping in the budget category, I wouldn't complain about a few missing convenience features. But I'm shopping for luxury, not budget, and I expect these features to be there.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:29 AM
CL3
10th Gear

Cool bmw

6 months ago i had a 530 bimmer,used=41,000 no back up camera,no shawd,no ipod hookup,no nav,etc.etc.etc...but I did manage to get stuck on a hill in 2 inches of snow ( a very small hill).A NEW (not used) Rdx with everything I NEED) 38000! priceless.People were correct in telling me how great the bimmer was though,because eveybody else believes that, I got 39000 after driving it 6 months.Also I bought it with the understanding it had bluetooth tech.Funny I couldn't get it to work.A trip to the dealership where they told me it was an 04 feature,but since mine was made in feb. they didn't include that feature until march,but they could install it for 2500!IF you think about lux cars with everything you need,that cost 38k I believe this is a bargain.I guess I prefer ness. over cool.But I will feel very cool not getting stuck in a small snowfall!Funny how uncool you feel when 3000 dollar cars are driving by you,while your stuck in a $58k retail car.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:41 AM
wiz
Pro

Perhaps the power passenger seat won't be as big of a deal to some as they don't push the seat all the way back (as I do and my wife does on her side) but to some it is. If the RDX is big enough in the rear so that a person can get in without the passenger seat having to be moved up, I won't mind there not being a power passenger seat. However, the memory seats on the drivers side bothers me. This would be a car that both my wife and I will drive and she has to sit a tad closer and probably higher in the seat to be comfortable. I guess they left these features off because mostly they see the RDX for single people...so it seems we're outside of the mold.

Oh, and I love my auto-dimming mirror on my TSX...one of the best features it has.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL3
6 months ago i had a 530 bimmer,used=41,000 no back up camera,no shawd,no ipod hookup,no nav,etc.etc.etc...but I did manage to get stuck on a hill in 2 inches of snow ( a very small hill).A NEW (not used) Rdx with everything I NEED) 38000! priceless.People were correct in telling me how great the bimmer was though,because eveybody else believes that, I got 39000 after driving it 6 months.Also I bought it with the understanding it had bluetooth tech.Funny I couldn't get it to work.A trip to the dealership where they told me it was an 04 feature,but since mine was made in feb. they didn't include that feature until march,but they could install it for 2500!IF you think about lux cars with everything you need,that cost 38k I believe this is a bargain.I guess I prefer ness. over cool.But I will feel very cool not getting stuck in a small snowfall!Funny how uncool you feel when 3000 dollar cars are driving by you,while your stuck in a $58k retail car.
You got a BMW. There are no great deals or fancy features on BMW. You can't apply that to Acura. You get more what you paid for in Acura. I love my TSX.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cheepung
You get more what you paid for in Acura.
I agree and so do most of the people in this thread. Yes the RDX is missing a few things that could have been added for little money at all, but it's still a great product with little things to change in the future!
Old 08-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Racer

No doubt. RDX is a great high tech luxury car with few mishaps. They will fix in 08.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:17 AM
CL3
10th Gear

bmw

correction:I had a bmw,but soon I will have an rdx,anyone know how to get that ronjon pkg?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CL3
correction:I had a bmw,but soon I will have an rdx,anyone know how to get that ronjon pkg?
I'm guessing if you wait a few months it should be out in production??? Are going to do some larger wheels too? The RDX looked so much better with the larger wheels at the Ride N Drive.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

2 Cents

Originally Posted by cheepung
No doubt. RDX is a great high tech luxury car with few mishaps. They will fix in 08.
It is a little high...just wait. I was told by a trusty salesman (of course) the lowest I could get the (non-navi) TSX for was 27,000+ and that there was no way it would go below that...at any point. Well 7 months later I got it for $25,500. The key is to wait.

I am wondering why Acura doesn't pull out all the stops for this car. If it is going to be 38k then it is going up against the MDX, which you can get the touring DVD version for 36k right now... I mean why put in a turbo engine, the updated navi system and no power seats (for the passenger)? So I don't get it.

Also, anyone know if they nade all the dash boards are black again for the 07's. That drove me nuts in 06!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM
Racer

I think you can get rip of the trusty salesman you have. I got my 04 TSX non navi auto in 2004 for $24.9K before TTL. Just shopping around.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 AM
CL3
10th Gear

bmw

Originally Posted by Senator McCain
I'm guessing if you wait a few months it should be out in production??? Are going to do some larger wheels too? The RDX looked so much better with the larger wheels at the Ride N Drive.
as long as it doesn't compromise the ride quality,normly you feel more pavement with the larger(thinner) wheels
Old 08-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Racer

I'm in the same boat as you. I hope they made these changes in the mid-cycle refresh. My CL is running on 7yr and I do want to trade it in for RDX but currently I'll wait until the refresh.

Originally Posted by okwiater

Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 AM
8th Gear

And it comes with all the stuff u said the rdx has but the SHAWD

dual control, they practically invented it!
bluetooth got it
tire pressure monitor
xm or sirius
Comes with voice Command for nav and it STILL Touch Screen
Lexus Reliablity
LEXUS CARE W/ Road Side Assistance

AFS is you head lights moves with when the car turns giving you lighting on curves.

Quick Reply: RDX Disappointing