Picked This Up For My Wife Today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Picked This Up For My Wife Today!

2010 RDX to join my 2005 TL. Finally convinced her to replace her 2007 Camry. We are now a two Acura family! I look forward to learning more about it in this section.

Name:  IMG_0507_zpst7kcsakg.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  112.6 KB

Last edited by Acuramon; 11-18-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome and congrats!
RDX are fun an reliable, enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
Acuramon (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Racer

Thanks! From what I've been reading they are very reliable. Was hoping for a 2013+ but wasn't willing to pay the price for one yet. I think I got an okay deal and the mileage is low. We love the way this drives so we are happy.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:09 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
congrats! hope she enjoys it!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:19 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,186 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Did you get fwd or sh-awd?

We went from a 4-dr Honda Accord to RDX and never looked back. Easier to drive with the extra power, better 360 degree visibility, easier to park, and tons of easily accessible space for people/errands/travel.

Must have mod is Hondata for $300+shipping. Haven't found a downside to Hondata other than waiting for the 2-3 days of downtime because of shipping.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 891 Likes on 681 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuramon
2010 RDX to join my 2005 TL. Finally convinced her to replace her 2007 Camry. We are now a two Acura family! I look forward to learning more about it in this section.

Is this silver or that other nice gold-silver color? Love the color and congrats on the purchase. This is much better for you if you like performance!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by RDX10
Is this silver or that other nice gold-silver color? Love the color and congrats on the purchase. This is much better for you if you like performance!
Thanks but since I already get good performance with my TL, I'll let her have the RDX. She's wanted one since I had one as a loaner. Also, I usually drive whatever car she when we go out on the weekends so I'll have plenty behind the wheel time with it. It's a win-win situation for me!

I know the picture was taken at night (almost immediately after I got it home from the dealership) so the color is hard to determine. It's silver with taupe interior. I prefer a lighter interior over black because where I live it stays warm all year. Black leather just gets too hot for me so taupe is perfect.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Congrats on the new ride! Did you get fwd or sh-awd?

We went from a 4-dr Honda Accord to RDX and never looked back. Easier to drive with the extra power, better 360 degree visibility, easier to park, and tons of easily accessible space for people/errands/travel.

Must have mod is Hondata for $300+shipping. Haven't found a downside to Hondata other than waiting for the 2-3 days of downtime because of shipping.
It's the fwd which is fine with me. We don't have snow where we are (and I don't miss it from my many winters spent on the east coast) and we definitely don't go off roading so it works for us.

I will look into Hondata, thanks for the advice!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:17 AM
Racer

The only thing I find I don't care for in my one day of ownership is the way the leather is stitched on the center console. There's a stitch running down the middle and since it's not smooth, my arm is constantly rubbing against it when I rest it there. I may have to put some cloth or something over it. It's annoying.

Love the turbo!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:29 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,520 Likes on 1,186 Posts
The only thing I find I don't care for in my one day of ownership is the way the leather is stitched on the center console. There's a stitch running down the middle and since it's not smooth, my arm is constantly rubbing against it when I rest it there. I may have to put some cloth or something over it. It's annoying.

Love the turbo!
Replacement of the center arm rest is normal for most RDX owners. I took mine to a local upholstery shop when my arm rest finally started to wear/rip apart. For $100 they put real leather and it feels soooo nice on the elbow compared to the leatherette plastic Acura uses.

Taupe is the way to go in the heat! I also added OEM all weather mats (black) and they look pretty good with the taupe interior.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 236 Likes on 208 Posts
Agreed with replacing the center top. Acura used decent leather on the seats, but the doors and console are a cheaper vinyl. I don't think it feels too bad to the touch, but it simply doesn't hold up as well. So far only my console has had issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if my door starts having issues down the road.

For the console, the stitch pattern didn't bother me, so I had the shop stitch the leather replacement the same to keep it looking OEM, but if/when the time comes, you can have them do a plain piece or stitch it however you want. As Gold said, expect to spend around 100 if you have a shop replace it with real leather.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks but since I already get good performance with my TL, I'll let her have the RDX. She's wanted one since I had one as a loaner. Also, I usually drive whatever car she when we go out on the weekends so I'll have plenty behind the wheel time with it. It's a win-win situation for me!

I know the picture was taken at night (almost immediately after I got it home from the dealership) so the color is hard to determine. It's silver with taupe interior. I prefer a lighter interior over black because where I live it stays warm all year. Black leather just gets too hot for me so taupe is perfect.
Exactly it is a good long distance car and family car and good for when you need some extra space. I personally really wanted silver because Acuras silver is a really nice almost white silver. It also shows some of the aggressive lines really well. I also wanted a taupe interior, I find it more classy and also lightens up the interior, but my black goes better with the "sporty theme".
Old 11-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Agreed with replacing the center top. Acura used decent leather on the seats, but the doors and console are a cheaper vinyl. I don't think it feels too bad to the touch, but it simply doesn't hold up as well. So far only my console has had issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if my door starts having issues down the road.

For the console, the stitch pattern didn't bother me, so I had the shop stitch the leather replacement the same to keep it looking OEM, but if/when the time comes, you can have them do a plain piece or stitch it however you want. As Gold said, expect to spend around 100 if you have a shop replace it with real leather.
$100 isn't bad at all to have it replaced with leather. Mine is actually in great condition but I still may have it replaced since it's just vinyl and it'll give me an opportunity to change the stitch pattern.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:23 AM
Racer

Exactly it is a good long distance car and family car and good for when you need some extra space. I personally really wanted silver because Acuras silver is a really nice almost white silver. It also shows some of the aggressive lines really well. I also wanted a taupe interior, I find it more classy and also lightens up the interior, but my black goes better with the "sporty theme".
Black interior goes well with your blue. I don't think I've seen that shade of blue other than pictures on line. It must be a pretty rare color.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Black interior goes well with your blue. I don't think I've seen that shade of blue other than pictures on line. It must be a pretty rare color.
I think taupe on blue goes pretty well together, it is a nice and striking contrast. However the black goes really good with it too. I never even knew the rdx came in this blue color till I seen mine online. I literally have never ever seen another like mine 07-09 in this color. But see a TON of white, silver, black, and brownish grey. See red quite often too. But never this color. I like that.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
I think taupe on blue goes pretty well together, it is a nice and striking contrast. However the black goes really good with it too. I never even knew the rdx came in this blue color till I seen mine online. I literally have never ever seen another like mine 07-09 in this color. But see a TON of white, silver, black, and brownish grey. See red quite often too. But never this color. I like that.
Ironically, there are three midnight blue ones around my 'hood. One lives a couple streets over, another is owned by a student at the University where I work, and a third is a ski-buddy of my neighbor that hangs around. Always shows up with a big ski-rack set up.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
Ironically, there are three midnight blue ones around my 'hood. One lives a couple streets over, another is owned by a student at the University where I work, and a third is a ski-buddy of my neighbor that hangs around. Always shows up with a big ski-rack set up.
I never see them here for some reason and I am all over the city of more than 1 million people. Honestly the RDX looks a little better in black vs RBP so most buyers probably just chose black over RBP because they are pretty close colors.

I see mostly white, black, and silver. Then comes red and then comes blue.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's the fwd which is fine with me. We don't have snow where we are (and I don't miss it from my many winters spent on the east coast) and we definitely don't go off roading so it works for us.

I will look into Hondata, thanks for the advice!
SHAWD isn't just about the weather, it makes corners a blast. Despite logic, you can actually mat the throttle while in a turn. Do that in either of your cars and you'll be in trouble.

If you do the Hondata Reflash; kseriesparts.com is only 290, but beware that you'll need to pay for the faster shipping unless you have an extra car or live on the left coast. It's still worth it though; w/o Hondata, it's actually dangerous merging into smaller gaps from a stand-still. There's still lag with Hondata, but not nearly as much.

IMO; 2010-12 look best in silver so excellent choice there. Congrats and enjoy.

Last edited by x2lacrosse; 11-23-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by x2lacrosse
SHAWD isn't just about the weather, it makes corners a blast. Despite logic, you can actually mat the throttle while in a turn. Do that in either of your cars and you'll be in trouble.

If you do the Hondata Reflash; kseriesparts.com is only 290, but beware that you'll need to pay for the faster shipping unless you have an extra car or live on the left coast. It's still worth it though; w/o Hondata, it's actually dangerous merging into smaller gaps from a stand-still. There's still lag with Hondata, but not nearly as much.

IMO; 2010-12 look best in silver so excellent choice there. Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks, we specifically wanted a silver one but would have settled for a different color had the price been right. I think we were lucky to find this one in such good condition.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:22 PM
FLETCH

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts
I never see them here for some reason and I am all over the city of more than 1 million people. Honestly the RDX looks a little better in black vs RBP so most buyers probably just chose black over RBP because they are pretty close colors.

I see mostly white, black, and silver. Then comes red and then comes blue.
what about CBP?
Old 12-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TheWrench116
what about CBP?
Good point, I see that color as much as I see the black ones. But I feel like there are 3 different shades of grey, one is lighter, one is darker and one is brownish.