P2263 fixes july 20th 2024

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:40 AM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
P2263 fixes july 20th 2024

Hi everyone,
I bought my rdx 2 yrs ago and figured i would start modding it.
after a long while reading on the internet, night after night about mods and problems that come with the 1st gen rdx; i figure i could handle one lol

My rdx mods are -
Cpe air intake
Turbo back catless exhaust "custom made by me"
dyno tuned - 240whp "fuel injectors & aftermarket intercooler not installed yet"

Heres a small list of parts that ive replaced and did not work to cure the p2263 code -

Whole turbo " comes with new wastegate actuators and the eye bolt, new and properly adjusted"
Map sensor
Wastegate solenoid
Boost solenoid
Air bypass valve solenoid
pcv valve
Ive checked for boost leak "none found"
Cleaned the intercooler

After 1,000$ and a weekend of wrenching "saved me 3,000$ in labor" ive found my solution and possibly yours!

After replacing all those parts listed above, i would still get the check engine light and p2263, if i full throttle, go into sport mode, or just rip hard from a red light.

I replaced the o2 sensor bank 1, sensor 1 "upstream"
the problem got better, boost was smooth but i would still throw the p2263 from hard throttling "racing around".
I now had the notion to replace o2 sensor bank 1, sensor 2 "downstream" and guess what...​​
300 miles later and no check engine light, no p2263.

Trouble shoot your p2263 and when all else fails, start looking at your converter and o2 sensors.
obviously change the o2 sensors as a first attempt because that converter is the hardest job ive ever done while a motor was in a car. "Ive done motor swaps, transmissions, everything"

Ive never seen anyone come up with a 100% solution to the p2263, ive also never seen anyone on any forum, video or dealership, change the o2 sensors or 1st converter "there is 2 converters".

I hope this opens up the fix for ppl because if its made by another human, then you as a human too, can fix it.
Old Today, 12:22 PM
DCS
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Essthadoc

Hi everyone,
I bought my rdx 2 yrs ago and figured i would start modding it.
after a long while reading on the internet, night after night about mods and problems that come with the 1st gen rdx; i figure i could handle one lol

My rdx mods are -
Cpe air intake
Turbo back catless exhaust "custom made by me"
dyno tuned - 240whp "fuel injectors & aftermarket intercooler not installed yet"

Heres a small list of parts that ive replaced and did not work to cure the p2263 code -

Whole turbo " comes with new wastegate actuators and the eye bolt, new and properly adjusted"
Map sensor
Wastegate solenoid
Boost solenoid
Air bypass valve solenoid
pcv valve
Ive checked for boost leak "none found"
Cleaned the intercooler

After 1,000$ and a weekend of wrenching "saved me 3,000$ in labor" ive found my solution and possibly yours!

After replacing all those parts listed above, i would still get the check engine light and p2263, if i full throttle, go into sport mode, or just rip hard from a red light.

I replaced the o2 sensor bank 1, sensor 1 "upstream"
the problem got better, boost was smooth but i would still throw the p2263 from hard throttling "racing around".
I now had the notion to replace o2 sensor bank 1, sensor 2 "downstream" and guess what...​​
300 miles later and no check engine light, no p2263.

Trouble shoot your p2263 and when all else fails, start looking at your converter and o2 sensors.
obviously change the o2 sensors as a first attempt because that converter is the hardest job ive ever done while a motor was in a car. "Ive done motor swaps, transmissions, everything"

Ive never seen anyone come up with a 100% solution to the p2263, ive also never seen anyone on any forum, video or dealership, change the o2 sensors or 1st converter "there is 2 converters".

I hope this opens up the fix for ppl because if its made by another human, then you as a human too, can fix it.
You mentioned you replaced the converter, did you replace it at the same time as the downstream O2 sensor or at some other point? Did you end up replacing your custom made turbo back catless exhaust system with an OEM converter (1st one after the turbo)? Is the second converter still in the exhaust system?
The following users liked this post:
Essthadoc (Today)
Old Today, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DCS
You mentioned you replaced the converter, did you replace it at the same time as the downstream O2 sensor or at some other point? Did you end up replacing your custom made turbo back catless exhaust system with an OEM converter (1st one after the turbo)? Is the second converter still in the exhaust system?
Im running the custom exhaust with no converters.
if the downstream o2 did trigger a code though and the sensor itself is a good sensor then i would look at the 1st converter thats right next to f the turbo.