New RDX Owner here with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 02:44 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New RDX Owner here with a few questions

Few questions I plan on doing very little to this as I’m fairly happy with it. It’s a 2010 RDX SH-AWD Base (I’m actually impressed with how much the base has technology wise still)

Anways, so I have to get a new cover for the center console, it’s the only thing wrong with the interior and its shredded, but I’m confused as, it’s said the interior is “gray” but unless I’m blind this definitely isn’t gray, it’s like a beige/tan really like leather interior. So I’m not sure lol.

A few of my other questions, I would like a factory look roof rack/rails does anyone have a link or place that I would be able to order one from.

And side steps/bars (preferably black to match the beautiful dark gray color) Same thing here does anyone have a go to or something they can link?

I’ve searched high and low for these two items and they have been a pita to find. I found a few and have them bookmarked but, not ready to pull the trigger quite yet on them, and as for the center console armrest, it’s a matter of color, is there a way I can tell for sure what it is? Because I’ve don’t upholstery work before that doesn’t bother me, it’s just I’m extremely confused on what this is.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Amizori
Few questions I plan on doing very little to this as I’m fairly happy with it. It’s a 2010 RDX SH-AWD Base (I’m actually impressed with how much the base has technology wise still)

Anways, so I have to get a new cover for the center console, it’s the only thing wrong with the interior and its shredded, but I’m confused as, it’s said the interior is “gray” but unless I’m blind this definitely isn’t gray, it’s like a beige/tan really like leather interior. So I’m not sure lol.

A few of my other questions, I would like a factory look roof rack/rails does anyone have a link or place that I would be able to order one from.

And side steps/bars (preferably black to match the beautiful dark gray color) Same thing here does anyone have a go to or something they can link?

I’ve searched high and low for these two items and they have been a pita to find. I found a few and have them bookmarked but, not ready to pull the trigger quite yet on them, and as for the center console armrest, it’s a matter of color, is there a way I can tell for sure what it is? Because I’ve don’t upholstery work before that doesn’t bother me, it’s just I’m extremely confused on what this is.
Mine was shredded when I bought mine too. I took it to an upholstery shop and had it recovered in real leather. It cost less than a new one would have.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:08 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DaIll1
Mine was shredded when I bought mine too. I took it to an upholstery shop and had it recovered in real leather. It cost less than a new one would have.

good idea, I may end up ultimately doing that, I mean the covers themselves are around 20-30 bucks, and I’m used to doing my own upholstery and i definitely don’t want to pay the 90-130$ for an entire replacement lid. When the kid itself is just fine.. just the fabric is the issue.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Amizori
good idea, I may end up ultimately doing that, I mean the covers themselves are around 20-30 bucks, and I’m used to doing my own upholstery and i definitely don’t want to pay the 90-130$ for an entire replacement lid. When the kid itself is just fine.. just the fabric is the issue.
The covers are pretendo leather and don't last long. May as well do it better than stock, always.
Old 01-02-2021, 08:47 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,193 Posts
My 08 RDX tech is red with taupe interior (somewhere between tan and light gray depending on light and viewing angle).

Same here with the center armrest getting shredded with the cheapo covering in a few years. I found a local shop and replaced with real leather for around $110. Zero issues with the real stuff and it still looks 5X better than the taupe seats after +175,000 miles. The added plus with the real stuff is it feels so much better than the fake stuff on hot, cold, and road trips.

You can check with your local Acura dealership for OEM parts. I needed a replacement for my 06 TSX front A-Spec bumper a few years ago and couldn't find one anywhere. Talked to my local Acura dealership and they had one in the right color at some lost warehouse back east. Paid MSRP for the TSX Aspec bumper; but, it had free shipping. It "could" come out cheaper and faster using the dealership if the other sites charge too much for shipping.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 242 Likes on 211 Posts
I also vouch for the real leather replacement. Most upholstery shops should do it for $100-125. Yeah, you can DIY for less, but unless upholstery work is a hobby of yours it probably won't look nearly as good.

For interior bits, it may be easier to think of the options as "black" and "not black" (aka taupe). That's all there really is during the 1G model years.

For rails, I don't believe the factory bits are manufactured by Honda anymore - you'll have to go aftermarket unless you can find a place that happens to have oem still in stock. Probably take to a shop, as I believe there is some cutting needed to install (even for the oem parts).

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2010...ent--roof-rack
Old 01-04-2021, 01:22 PM
CSmoney28

Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
The roof rack is now discontinued and the running board are also discontinued. Stock console lid is $273 but in stock. They suck I just ruined my second one...
Old 01-09-2021, 04:20 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, I’ve noticed that stuff is discontinued a lot. Kind of disappointing. (As a former Mazda Owner i guess I was spoiled having a lot of stuff available even for the first ten Mazda 3’s quite a bit of stuff was available)