My 2007 RDX Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2007 RDX Review

I attended the RDX introduction party that Acua of Peoria hosted tonight. So, I had an opportunity to take a RDX out for a spin. Here's my quick review from what I remember in my short time with it.

The power is very good for a heavy vehicle (a little over 3900). You can definately feel the turbo kick in at low RPMs. The pick up is very impressive. Lots of torque, 260. There is a boost guage and under half to full throttle it reads to the max. Once you reach higher RPMs the boost does drop off however. You can hear the turbo spool up from the inside which is always a nice sound. Still sounds like a normal four cylinder for the most part. This would have been a killer motor to drop in a RSX if they hadn't decided to eliminate the RSX after 06.

Syle wise it has a much nicer appearance in person. Its a good looking vehicle. Not too small and not too big. 18" wheels are standard. I saw one with optional 19s that looked much better though! Projector HIDs as well.

The suspension on the RDX is surprisingly stiff. It doesn't ride as smooth as my TL. I suppose SUVs typically to have a rougher ride, but I don't know. I never drive SUVs. With the stiffer suspension it does have a nice solid feel on the road. Going around turns doesn't give you the feeling like you're going to tip it over. Wasn't able to see how the SH-AWD works, but i'm sure it's good feature.

Interior is typical Acura. Good quality plastics and usual features. Seats weren't as cushy as I had expected. Better seats may have lessoned the feeling of stiffness in the suspension. Rear seats fold down nicely for added hauling capacity. It has a large feeling inside. You don't feel like you're in a tiny SUV.

All in all it was a nice vehicle. I wouldn't drive one personally, but I think if you were looking for this type of vehicle it would be a good choice. SUVs are pricey though. Base price is about 33k and if you add the tech package (Nav, bluetooth, better stereo, etc) it's another 4k I think.

For those in Arizona and are looking to buy one (or any Acura) let me know and I'll hook you up with my saleswoman. She took care of me well when purchasing my TL.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
I'm actually in the market for another vehicle alongside my TL for my wife. I was looking at the TSX and RDX. I love the looks of the RDX and I will test one out at the dealership tomorrow for the RDX launch. So they do let you drive it? Great!!! Thanks for your post. What else should I expect at the dealership launch?