Mods To My New RDX!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
hey Carbon: whered u get that STOP! K& N Sticker...none came in my box....seems like a good thing to put on there....anyways i got mine in today, ill be putting it in after work.

hows the install...did u have to entirely remove the box cover or could u get it in without doing so?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Emblem searching yields the following results:

14.00 shipped

17.00 shipped

17.00 shipped

This one is kinda and does cost 20 shipped.

I found some others including a red vtec badge like someone wanted but the font is all messed up and doesnt look OEM. The ones above are the best ones I can find.

14.00 shipped
Old 07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Finding my TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JasiJay
Well to each their own, however I agree I don't like putting a badge on a car that isn't suppose to be there. There are a few Mercedes in my town with an AMG badge that shouldn't be, like an S550 AMG, or the CLK350 AMG. But HEY what every floats your boat!

Sorry to bother you RDX guys, im used to the tsx/ramblings sections only, but i dont see the S-badge has 'poser'. There is no such thing as an RDX-S; therefore, its not as though he has posing as one. I, personally wouldnt do it, but I dont think its 'flame' worthy.

Now, if it was an RSX, which had an 'S' type badge, when, its not one, that would be ricey or what have you.

Looks good, my friend.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by BackToStock
Sorry to bother you RDX guys, im used to the tsx/ramblings sections only, but i dont see the S-badge has 'poser'. There is no such thing as an RDX-S; therefore, its not as though he has posing as one. I, personally wouldnt do it, but I dont think its 'flame' worthy.

Now, if it was an RSX, which had an 'S' type badge, when, its not one, that would be ricey or what have you.

Looks good, my friend.
So, it's okay to put a type S on a car that doesn't even make a type S, but not on a car that actually has a type S.....I don't get the logic behind that....
Old 07-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
hey Carbon: whered u get that STOP! K& N Sticker...none came in my box....seems like a good thing to put on there....anyways i got mine in today, ill be putting it in after work.

hows the install...did u have to entirely remove the box cover or could u get it in without doing so?
Hey Mike, The K&N install is a piece of cake. Just remove the four screws on top of the air box, lift up, remove stock filter and insert the K&N. I added some special K&N grease around the filter for a more air tight fit. Note: Be careful not to drop any of the screws as they fully come out and I can see where if one is not careful one can easily drop the screw down the engine bay!

The STOP sticker came with the filter.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
I had a 2002 RSX I-VTEC Type-S (that engine is virtually the same as the RDX minus the turbo/inter-cooler). It was a blast to drive, handled well, but, a bit kiddush. Imature interior of the RSX in my opinion.
Immature?!? Don't think so. I've had five Integras\RSXs over the years, and the interior of all of them could never be described as immature.

The only reason I don't still have one is due the fact you couldn't get it with Navigation and SH-AWD. Now I have an RL, and also have an RDX in my garage.(Girlfriend's vehicle) I miss my RSX Type S, which had a 6 speed manual shifter better than any other I've ever experienced, and with the right tires(NOT the POS Michelins it came with) it is a handing monster.

You already had a unique(among Acura\Honda products) badge on your RDX...it's the only one with the TURBO badge...I would think that would be enough.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wrestrepo
So, it's okay to put a type S on a car that doesn't even make a type S, but not on a car that actually has a type S.....I don't get the logic behind that....
Hondata + Turbo back exhaust + intake = TYPE S
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Smile

Originally Posted by lumpulus
Immature?!? Don't think so. I've had five Integras\RSXs over the years, and the interior of all of them could never be described as immature.

The only reason I don't still have one is due the fact you couldn't get it with Navigation and SH-AWD. Now I have an RL, and also have an RDX in my garage.(Girlfriend's vehicle) I miss my RSX Type S, which had a 6 speed manual shifter better than any other I've ever experienced, and with the right tires(NOT the POS Michelins it came with) it is a handing monster.

You already had a unique(among Acura\Honda products) badge on your RDX...it's the only one with the TURBO badge...I would think that would be enough.
Thanks for the feedback lumpulus. My Acura history is such: 1994 Integra GS-R (Traded it for a 2002 RSX Type-S in August 2001). The RSX was a neat car, loved the 6-speed, but, after short ownership I really longed for the CL Type-S. 20 months later I traded the RSX for a 2003 CL Type-S. One of the best, most fun cars I have even owned!

But, five years and two months later it was time to make a change. Now I am a very happy owner/driver of a 2008 RDX! I love this vehicle so far.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

I do miss the awesome sport bucket seats of the CL Type-S tho.. :-(
Old 07-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Originally Posted by BackToStock

Looks good, my friend.
Thanks for the kind words BackToStock. To be honest, I have had second thoughts of my "Type-S" emblem. My last three Acuras have been Type-R, Type-S, and Type-S. In any case, the emblem is small, and, honestly, who the the heck even knows what it means except die-hard Acura fans. To a (non-knower) it just looks cool and may bring about questions about the car. Maybe a hot chick as many women are into cars these days!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Did the K&N install..took about 10 mins alltogether. One of the screws to the air box, the head was already stripped!!! so that was a little bit of an aggrevation, but other than that....yea, easy.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:59 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just plopped the K&N over the weekend. I was going to Dremel out (remove grid supports) inside of the top box. I began and gave up at the same time. Not worth the effort.

Has anyone done a intake resonator bypass using silicone hose?