Ksport USA Big Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
what if you stop so fast that your the one that ends up getting rear-ended?? ever think about that one?
Thats unfourtunate, but not your fault. They rear ended you.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking... Mzhao...
Yo..I was just thinking, they shouldn't FORCE you to get them unwanted packages...
it might be a scam..they had certain scams on the news recently stating that
Places up in Queenz...They make you sign something...Before they established their own signature..and add stuff when your not looking. And you can't do anything about it b/c YOU ALREADY HAve an official signature before the dealer has established signature.

So I think they scammed you dude. no matter what, your paying near the price rated on the SITE.

If i Were you , pay it off as fast as you can, There's no way that can backfire on you once you do a full payoff.
You can say you are paying it off in like 48 months, but (IF) you can pay it off in 2 payments all in all....they can't get you back.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

As for driving, this is probably based on another discussion in terms of DRIVERS ability and Vehicle Stats.
You can barely prevent anything, you pretty much do everything to the best of your own abilities. If someone drives like a DOUCHE, you can't contact him via telekinesis...and tell him to stop being a DOUCHE..rite?
You just do the best you can.
As soon as you get in a car, your destiny is in other peopel's hands..but also some of yours..
SO just do your best, and be more cautious.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by The Dougler
sounds like someone needs to learn how to drive. I like how you say you can't afford new tires, but have 6k to drop on a bbk! wouldn't it be smarter to invest in some high quality pads and rotors with SS lines as a starting point. I mean for probably 500 bucks you might be able to get what you need. Start with the small things and work your way up. SS lines are a good cheap start.

My bro just got a type-s and was complaining that his brakes were in the suck department comapred to my 6spd Dynamic (also brembos). He took it into the dealer and complained, they performed a brake service and it came back with phenomenal stopping power, bettering mine. It's possible that there is still air somewhere in your brake lines, a full and proper brake bleed may restore some lost stopping power.

Save yourself some $$$$ and start with something simple.
I can drive but i aint no pro.. obviously... plus you dont live in new york city so you may not know how people drive here. also I'd like to tell you that I do not tail gate. I can see the car's rear tires at all times. What I'm saying this whole time is when some idiot cuts you off and does a short stop.. I'm not saying you'll hit the guy 100%, but that'll increase the chances. So what at times like that, if we were to have greater stopping power, that'll decrease the chances, wouldn't you think?

I said I would buy big brakes, but I never mentioned about me having the funds at this point did I? I mean who knows, parts for our RDX hasn't come out yet.. so it's fairly early to say what we can get or can't get.

Just like what NYJUMPAN and others have been saying.. it's our job to do whatever we can to drive with more cautious. But i'm sure some of us can relate to situations where some idiot does something stupid that causes YOU to get involved as well. So to make things relating to this whole thread, if your brakes were porsche or bmw level, you would have decreased the chances of you hitting a car.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Yea.. which was very phishy.. but I already signed the title of my old car.. What could I have done? everything was done... plus I'm only 22.. so I guess I was a young pup in a hungry shark infested water, so to speak..

I'm not sure if having equity plays a role.. cuz I do have a mortgage under my name and my credit is very good (700+)... I guess it was a raping the moment I stepped my foot in the dealership lol.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lilfeat
By the way, I am not ragging on you. Just sounds like the kind of dealer crap they love to pull. They know young men get to that table and they are exteremly motivated to be driving off in the new sled.
Yea... well.. I'm not the type to be holding onto what happened in the past. So let bygones be bygones.

Hey, think of it this way.. we wouldn't be talking here if I didn't get a RDX.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aznboi2424
what if you stop so fast that your the one that ends up getting rear-ended?? ever think about that one?
Yea, I've thought about that, but then it doesn't become your fault now right? lol. I'm just kidding.. ALL who gets involved in the accident is in fault. Even the person who got hit first.. It starts with that person, then it just becomes like a domino affect.. Which reminds me of a crazy accident that happened here in new york city's brooklyn bridge.

"rainy day about 3 weeks ago.. Traffic is delayed during non-rush hour times... so immediately you know something happened. close to the exit of the bridge, a 7 car accident!! 7 cars! but that's not the point.. So, in the front part was 4 cars (they all hit each other). right behind the 4th car of first an american car, second 02 body benz s-class and third 04-06 body lexus es. The american car hit the 4th car, the benz stopped with about 2 feet of room and the lexus slammed right into the benz's rear (hard/fast enough to see the lexus' insides). Noticed how the benz didn't hit anyone? but the lexus hit the bens? that's all due to 1. driver and 2. brakes. Although toyota is praised for its brakes, I don't think it's anywhere on par with the european cars (yes... even though Benz is owned by Daimler chrysler.. it doesn't make a Benz american).

This accident shows that even though a driver may be at its top condition, if the vechile's brakes themselves don't have as high as a stopping power, the chances of you hitting the vechile in front will be higher (not saying you will ALWAYS hit them).

(note: in all of my replies, I never said anything indefinitely (i think..) . Even if you had big brakes, you CAN still hit the car in front of you because once you get into a car, the chance of you or someone getting into accident will always be there.)
Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sasair
do a search on "ronjon concept"...
Thanks I've found it. =)
Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by mzhao84
Yea, I've thought about that, but then it doesn't become your fault now right? lol. I'm just kidding.. ALL who gets involved in the accident is in fault. Even the person who got hit first.. It starts with that person, then it just becomes like a domino affect.. Which reminds me of a crazy accident that happened here in new york city's brooklyn bridge.

"rainy day about 3 weeks ago.. Traffic is delayed during non-rush hour times... so immediately you know something happened. close to the exit of the bridge, a 7 car accident!! 7 cars! but that's not the point.. So, in the front part was 4 cars (they all hit each other). right behind the 4th car of first an american car, second 02 body benz s-class and third 04-06 body lexus es. The american car hit the 4th car, the benz stopped with about 2 feet of room and the lexus slammed right into the benz's rear (hard/fast enough to see the lexus' insides). Noticed how the benz didn't hit anyone? but the lexus hit the bens? that's all due to 1. driver and 2. brakes. Although toyota is praised for its brakes, I don't think it's anywhere on par with the european cars (yes... even though Benz is owned by Daimler chrysler.. it doesn't make a Benz american).

This accident shows that even though a driver may be at its top condition, if the vechile's brakes themselves don't have as high as a stopping power, the chances of you hitting the vechile in front will be higher (not saying you will ALWAYS hit them).

(note: in all of my replies, I never said anything indefinitely. Even if you had big brakes, you CAN still hit the car in front of you because once you get into a car, the chance of you or someone getting into accident will always be there.)
But, the way you would have to go about things is MUCH different from if you hit someone, IF you hit someone they could have their insurance company come after you, not even want to go through insurance and sue the pants off of you etc, if you were hit you would be on the other much BETTTER side of the fence.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
But, the way you would have to go about things is MUCH different from if you hit someone, IF you hit someone they could have their insurance company come after you, not even want to go through insurance and sue the pants off of you etc, if you were hit you would be on the other much BETTTER side of the fence.
Yep. Once you're the one that's hit, you basically have them by their tail.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

So..we'll make it simple..
Contact HONDA/ACURA...and locate v6 3.5L JETPACk..Thanx..
CONVERSATIOn DONE
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nyjumpman23
So..we'll make it simple..
Contact HONDA/ACURA...and locate v6 3.5L JETPACk..Thanx..
CONVERSATIOn DONE
HAHAHAHAHAHA
hahah jetpacks?? we can cause damages to the buildings or even be mistaken for UFOs! that'll cause chaos! but then we're from NYC.. nothing surprises us..
Old 08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

TIRES matter the most when it comes to the shortest distance stop (before brakes overheat). When you stomp on the brake, your $6000 brakes and stock brake can only apply the same amount of braking force that your tires will withstand before ABS kicks in. Only way that aftermarket BBK will work better is IF the brake bias shift to the rear SLIGHTLY to maximize the brake force distribution (stocks are biased forward slightly for the safety).

Try little more aggressive pads FIRST, it will bite little harder for initial braking and more communicative to the driver.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 14321
TIRES matter the most when it comes to the shortest distance stop (before brakes overheat). When you stomp on the brake, your $6000 brakes and stock brake can only apply the same amount of braking force that your tires will withstand before ABS kicks in. Only way that aftermarket BBK will work better is IF the brake bias shift to the rear SLIGHTLY to maximize the brake force distribution (stocks are biased forward slightly for the safety).

Try little more aggressive pads FIRST, it will bite little harder for initial braking and more communicative to the driver.
^^^ I agree completely. I came from a subaru background and you never needed to go with a BBK unless you road race. Better tires really help, then go with more aggressive pads, then brake lines, then maybe rotors.

If you want your RDX to perform like a sports car... Buy a sports car and dont waste your money.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:12 PM
B A N N E D

If the X3 can stop in 123 with the same tires, they are clearly not the problem, but the OEM tires are sucky.