Just test drove an 08.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Just test drove an 08.

I just came back from the dealer and drove a 08 w/tech for the first time.
Very nice overall, turbo lag is not bad at all, this was my first time driving a turbo vehicle and it moves good, I played with the paddle shifters in auto and sport modes, nice to have, wife loved it.
I was paying attention to the ride firmness, since being too firm is a main complaint, it wasn't bad, I was not slowing down over bumps, dips... to see how it felt, and it was firm, but nothing bad, I'm sure a set of DWS tires will make it ride more smoothly.
There was a 2011 in the showroom and I showed my wife the differences in the front and rear ends and we both didn't like it, the 07-09 style was sleeker and better looking overall, except for the wheels that look cheap on the 07-09.
Interior color of the one I test drove was black and I found it to be too dark, even though black is my favorite color, the 2011 had the taupe interior and it looked nicer, better contrast and you could see the seats..., black you can't see sh1t, everything is black, you can't tell where anything is, and since I drive a lot at night I'd rather have the light interior.
I looked under the hood, because I wanted to see the intake for the intercooler, and what I didn't see was water separators on the sides to drain water when it rains heavily, so I have 2 questions: how is the water drained? where does it go if it rains like hell and you're doing 60mph on the hwy?
I wish I could have bought it, it was the only dealership I ever dealt with that didn't have a "dealer prep fee", the oil was new too, when I was driving I was playing with the info button to see the torque distribution graph and I noticed the oil was at 100%, nice!
If only my wife hadn't lost her job as a teacher a few months ago, I would have driven it home today, but she might get her job back, since she's fighting for it with union lawyers, soon baby, soon!

Last edited by Joe Las Vegas; 09-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
I own/drive an '08 RDX. Bought it new in June 2008. Love it. I just replaced the OEM Michelin tires with Continental ExtremeContact DWS. It's like I have a better than new RDX. Can't wait for fall/winter weather!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
The 08 "softened" the ride a bit, but if you want even softer the DWSs will do, I have them in both my cars and they work great.
About the water? I have never wondered that, I think that it just works... :P
Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wrestrepo
About the water? I have never wondered that, I think that it just works... :P
I'm sure they tested it and that it works, but I was just wondering.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Pro

Now that I saw it in person, I am more inclined to getting dark gray exterior and light gray interior (or whatever the official color names are, but you know what I mean), even though black is my favorite color, it looks too dark on an RDX.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Taupe interior is the way to go if you like a little more contrast. I purchased the black all weather mats and it looks damn good with the taupe. I think the ebony is too much of a good thing. If you have a dark car with ebony interior and dark tinted windows; it feels like you are driving in a cave.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Pro

Another thing I noticed on edmunds.com between the 08 & 09 models is the name of the dark gray paint colors, 08 has Carbon bronze pearl and Carbon gray pearl, 09 has Griogio metallic and Polished metal metallic, any major differences between the 4 colors, which all look dark gray to me and they all have those shiny flakes in all 4, right?
Old 09-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^^^^The polished metal metalic is more dark grayish , while the Carbon bronze is more on brown..

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...os/colors.html

Last edited by R*D*X*; 09-06-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by R*D*X*
^^^^^^The polished metal metalic is more dark grayish , while the Carbon bronze is more on brown..

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/...os/colors.html
Thanks for the link, on the 09 the Polished metal metallic is like dark silver, while the Grigio is the dark gray that I like.
And on the link you gave me, they made a mistake, they only show Carbon bronze pearl, not the Carbon gray pearl.
Anyway, I only like the 08 Gray pearl or the 09 Grigio, do you know the paint codes out of the VIN # for those 2 colors, so that I can be sure of the paint color when I'm ready to buy an RDX, that way when I check that carfax report I can check the VIN number to see the exact paint it has, thanks!
I found pics of the CGP here. and Grigio M here.
I like Grigio M a lot, it looks richer and deeper, damn it!, now I have to look for an 09, lol!

Last edited by Joe Las Vegas; 09-06-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Pro

Some websites must have gotten the colors wrong, I searched for acura paint codes, and they have Polished Metal NH737M for 08 & 09, Carbon Bronze YR562P for the 08, and Grigio NH736M for the 09.
No mention of Carbon gray pearl anywhere, but on Edmunds.com, and I searched 3 websites for paint codes and they all gave the same results.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:16 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
im sure if you bought a black interior one someone will trade you for there light grey color.. i personaly think black is better but i also live in a cooler climate area.. black on black on black might be much but any other color in black looks great.. i have noticed the 10s and 11s black interior sometimes looks more like a chocolate color then a black ive brought it up a few times and no one seems to have an answer why that is..

for your intercooler question.. rain towards the intercooler is no big issue.. unless you plan to drive into an ocean.. think of it this way.. it has to not only be sucked through the hood and channel, then make it to your intercooler that has a cover over it (which isnt much) then make through all those tiny radiator type fins before it gets inside your 150 degree+ engine thats doing 60 on a highway.. you would have to be driving in a tropical storm or a hurricane before i would worry about hydro lock (and it would take alot more even then) and thats far from my mind durring those conditions
Old 09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas
Thanks for the link, on the 09 the Polished metal metallic is like dark silver, while the Grigio is the dark gray that I like.
And on the link you gave me, they made a mistake, they only show Carbon bronze pearl, not the Carbon gray pearl.
Anyway, I only like the 08 Gray pearl or the 09 Grigio, do you know the paint codes out of the VIN # for those 2 colors, so that I can be sure of the paint color when I'm ready to buy an RDX, that way when I check that carfax report I can check the VIN number to see the exact paint it has, thanks!
I found pics of the CGP here. and Grigio M here.
I like Grigio M a lot, it looks richer and deeper, damn it!, now I have to look for an 09, lol!
I think Polished Metal Metallic, Palladium Metallic are the only available (grayish) color for 12 RDX but for 08 to 09 there is Carbon bronze which is brown metalic when the car is under the sun.
These 2 colors are my first choice when i was buying my 08 RDX, Polished Metal Metallic and Carbon bronze but i like Polished Metal Metalic more and Taupe Interior.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Pro

these are the available colors for 08 http://www.carsdirect.com/2008/acura/rdx/colors the Grigio probably is for TL only...
Old 09-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
go to LA and look for a rdx there if you are looking for more choices. i got lucky with both of my cars being from there.. and the acura dealer on sahara is one of the best dealerships that i have had to deal with in terms of the service area
Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by windowlickingood
go to LA and look for a rdx there if you are looking for more choices. i got lucky with both of my cars being from there.. and the acura dealer on sahara is one of the best dealerships that i have had to deal with in terms of the service area
I know, I'm looking within 500 miles of Vegas.

Acura on Sahara sucks as far as I have learned, compared to the dealer in Henderson.
On sahara, all the rdx's are about $2000 more than in Henderson and their dealer prep fee is $995, Henderson dealer has no prep fee.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Im talking service and not sales. Hell I went to Henderson chevy to get our rdx due to The sales staff being to pushy at hendo. But the service department actually is great at Sahara and I hate dealerships. They did a new transponder key for me for 60 out the door. New blank , remote, cut it and program when it was originally 120ish for programing alone and no problems ever getting a loaner. A friend of mine use to work there as a service writer and he has always mention that they bend over backwards for you
Old 09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by windowlickingood
Im talking service and not sales. Hell I went to Henderson chevy to get our rdx due to The sales staff being to pushy at hendo. But the service department actually is great at Sahara and I hate dealerships. They did a new transponder key for me for 60 out the door. New blank , remote, cut it and program when it was originally 120ish for programing alone and no problems ever getting a loaner. A friend of mine use to work there as a service writer and he has always mention that they bend over backwards for you
That's good to know.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
I own/drive an '08 RDX. Bought it new in June 2008. Love it. I just replaced the OEM Michelin tires with Continental ExtremeContact DWS. It's like I have a better than new RDX. Can't wait for fall/winter weather!
I own the 08 RDX as well. I already feel soft as compared to my friend's 07 RDX. With the DWS on, with the ride even soft and lost the perfromance feel.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by ngmh
I own the 08 RDX as well. I already feel soft as compared to my friend's 07 RDX. With the DWS on, with the ride even soft and lost the perfromance feel.
the 08 had revised suspension and steering. More boosted steering for lightness and softer dampers. other additions included powered trunk and memory front seats, auto-dim mirror. can't bellieve the 07 lacked these features but i bought it cause of more communicative steering.

Last edited by pickler; 10-27-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Pro

If I buy a used RDX with the roof rack, how hard would it be for me to take it off and cover the bolt holes?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,545 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas
If I buy a used RDX with the roof rack, how hard would it be for me to take it off and cover the bolt holes?
You could always just remove the cross bars and leave the rail in place.

I purchased my 08 RDX used with a roof rack. I thought with the extra interior space compared to my TSX that I would never need to use the roof rack for storage. We took a quick 5 day vacation to Colorado with 3 people and we had to leave some stuff behind because we ran out of space in the RDX. There is a very good chance you will need the roof rack if you like to travel, partake in outdoor activities, have 2 or more in your current (or future) family. The roof rack does not affect mpgs or give off added wind noise; but, I also have a sun roof deflector that might help the aerodynamics of the rack.

I think the RDX looks a little naked without the roof rack on top.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't think that there are holes to cover, what you need to buy is a new plastic cover since that's sliptted when the rack is installed