Infiniti EX35 coming....

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:02 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you think you can beat a G35, you can beat a Ferrari too, they're some G35's that are just as fast.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VeNeNo
The RDX out preforms and is a far better deal financialy then the FX 35, so why is anyone stressing the EX? Let it come out and we shall put it toe to toe vs. the RDXturbo. Lets not even get into modding potential... with a turbo engine the possibilities are endless... toma...

Exactlly optimus prime, thats why we don't ASSume because you know what happens then.... toma
You just called yourself an ASS because you are ASSuming that since the RDX can outperform an FX35 (which even that is a stretch), that it can outperform an EX.

nice.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by cwepruk
Exactly, except I think the Rogue is a glorified Sentra platform (IIRC).
To clear things up, nothing has been "glorified" (and you can't "glorify" a platform).

Taking an Isuzu Trooper, adding leather and slapping an Acura badge on it (SLX) is "glorifying" something. Building different models on the same platform, whether it be a CUV or sedan or coupe, has nothing to do with glorifying anything.

The RDX is built on the CR-V platform, but even then it is not a "glorified" CR-V, they are different models built on the same platform. The EX and Rouge are built on completely different platforms, so the argument was that if the RDX or EX were a "glorified" model of something else, the RDX would more likely to be a "glorified" CR-V than the EX a "glorified" rouge.

But that's just argument...neither the RDX or EX are glorified of anything else.

The EX will be a great choice and IMO, will likely outdo the RDX in performance, but it will likely cost a few grand more. Big surprise, something might be better, but it cost more.
I'd wait to see the price before taking any guesses...Acura pricing has become less competitive lately. A RWD G35 (and AWD G35x) can be optioned out nicely and still be cheaper than a less powerful FWD TL-S. Same can be said for a M35/M35x.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Semantics. Taking an econo car and modifying the platform for an AWD CUV qualifies and glorifying to me. It's taking a low end, low priced platfrom and modifying it for a higher cost/class vehicle.

In the end, the end product is all that matters, but I was simply agreeing with a previous poster than the FM platform of the G35/FX is a very good one.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:51 AM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
You just called yourself an ASS because you are ASSuming that since the RDX can outperform an FX35 (which even that is a stretch), that it can outperform an EX.

nice.

No mr DeenO, you silly goose . You are the one who is assuming not I, so you are making an ass out of your self and incorporating me. I dont appreciate that, just be carefull...
Old 10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
B A N N E D

I too saw the Infiniti EX earlier this year at the NY auto show (a few weeks after I purchased my RDX). I was very impressed with its interior; that white leather looks majestic(Infiniti interiors are always really nice). Was not very moved by the exterior though it looks like a bloted G35 sedan, with B9 tribeca tail lights which are horendous. As for the preformance we can all speculate all we want but until it comes out we will never know. All I know is that the RDX is faster than the FX35, and can hold its own against the sedan and coupe G35. Not to mention the handling, Infiniti can't touch Acuras SH-AWD... Over all I am extremly happy with my RDXturbo and glad to see the competion is trying to keep up with the jones'... Flame on...
HAHAHA, Since when did the RDX become the Jones, it is quite the opposite. The handling on the EX will no doubt be excellent, SH-AWD is really only helps with understeer, keeping it neutral, but leading to oversteer soon. The RDX has absolutely nothing on the G35, stop the madness.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 AM
B A N N E D

The RDX out preforms and is a far better deal financialy then the FX 35, so why is anyone stressing the EX? Let it come out and we shall put it toe to toe vs. the RDXturbo. Lets not even get into modding potential... with a turbo engine the possibilities are endless... toma...
Did you not say that.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Did you not say that.

All I have to say is VeNeNo lives in his own little world where the RDX OWNZ ALL!
Old 10-09-2007, 11:22 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
im actually surprised this vehicle is causing this amount of distress (i guess) or just conversation. Besides being a performer and RWD/AWD...it doesnt seem to do much else and or have capability of a cuv/suv design. At least with the RDX, u have CRV-like features with the cargo area and a more suv-like body.

We had a FX-45 last year, and other than being fast, there is really no point to that vehicle, it had no room, could barely hold anything in the back, and we basically had to leave the rear seats down most of the time. in terms of functionality, it lacks where the Acura advances and i think thats what will distinguish these cars...imo i think they are different vehicles but strong performers.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
im actually surprised this vehicle is causing this amount of distress (i guess) or just conversation. Besides being a performer and RWD/AWD...it doesnt seem to do much else and or have capability of a cuv/suv design. At least with the RDX, u have CRV-like features with the cargo area and a more suv-like body.

We had a FX-45 last year, and other than being fast, there is really no point to that vehicle, it had no room, could barely hold anything in the back, and we basically had to leave the rear seats down most of the time. in terms of functionality, it lacks where the Acura advances and i think thats what will distinguish these cars...imo i think they are different vehicles but strong performers.
MMike1981, could not agree more with you... Some folks here appear to be overly passionate with their RDX prowess, especially announcing their street light racing antics and "victories" in their "all powerful" RDX...

I too bought the RDX, 1) because it is a pretty fun vehicle to drive around in comparison to other similar category vehicles, 2) potential of it's SH-AWD in all-weather driving, and 3) decent cargo capacity for a CUV. Not to mention it's near luxury fit/finish quality and notable reliablity...

Why is it such a big deal or concern for some folks whether their RDX rule the road? If the latter is such an issue, go get a 450 HP bi-turbo Cayenne and I am pretty sure you will eat up most of the SUVs out there and even some sports sedan... but what is the point of all of that???

I think the majority of the folks here genuinely purchased the RDX because it does handle well and has enough grunt in it, to make driving it fun and effortless on the hwy when aggressive passing was deemed necessary. It is also to these same folks that it probably appears pretty good looking and well appointed... But I don't think these same folks "prowl" the roads to look for "poor race victims" to eat up and then report it on this forum...
Old 10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
big shot.

From Consumer Reports:

CR Model Summary- The EX will be the Infiniti offering in the growing small-upscale-SUV market, competing with the Acura RDX, BMW X3, and Mazda CX-7. It is based on the same platform as the G35 and will use the same smooth 3.5-liter V6 and five-speed automatic. Despite the low roofline, the EX is actually higher than the Infiniti FX, making it appear to be more practical. It appears the concept has a snug rear seat and styling-compromised rear visibility. While the concept features a lane-departure system that works with the stability control system to keep the vehicle on course, the production model will not have this feature when it goes
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MMike1981
From Consumer Reports:

CR Model Summary- The EX will be the Infiniti offering in the growing small-upscale-SUV market, competing with the Acura RDX, BMW X3, and Mazda CX-7. It is based on the same platform as the G35 and will use the same smooth 3.5-liter V6 and five-speed automatic. Despite the low roofline, the EX is actually higher than the Infiniti FX, making it appear to be more practical. It appears the concept has a snug rear seat and styling-compromised rear visibility. While the concept features a lane-departure system that works with the stability control system to keep the vehicle on course, the production model will not have this feature when it goes
That means starting price of the EX should be around $38k w/o nav! That also should mean that the FX gets a redesign for 2009. Just Like the MDX did when the RDX came out.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
B A N N E D

I don't think so, again it's E>>>>F.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JJog23
That means starting price of the EX should be around $38k w/o nav!
How do you judge prices based on size, even if they are in the same product line? If you applied that same line of thinking, the TL would be $50k like the RL...both are from a "premium" division, both are about the same size, and both have about the same interior volume.

X3 starts at $38k, I think the EX will be starting at mid-30's...in between the RDX and the X3.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Rouge, from French, meaning "red". Also, a cosmetic used to color the cheeks (a practice popularized by prostitutes).

Rogue, an unprincipled, deceitful person, a scoundrel or rascal. Exemplified by the character Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind. Also, the name of a Nissan vehicle.

The closest association "rouge" has with automobiles would have been the name of Ford Motor Company's River Rouge Plant.

Though perhaps one could draw a connection by cruising Paris for hookers...in a red Mustang.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Race Director

You guys do relieze your debating a car thats not out yet, right? I mean right now pretty much all we have to go in styling which is the most subjective subject ever. At least wait until infinti releases the car before saying this. Also what is with all these price estimates? I doubt infinti is going to price this above the X3. Anyway we should wait untill the car comes out to debate it. I am sure they will both have pros and cons.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts
I've driven an FX-45 and all I can say its powerful, loud but other then that its garbage.

FX-45 is the V8 version and I've driven it on a few occasions and really did push it. RDX feels alot lighter, nimble and easier to drive.

Nissan makes beautiful cars (love the maxima v6 and 350z) their v6 vq engines are superb.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mau108
I've driven an FX-45 and all I can say its powerful, loud but other then that its garbage.

FX-45 is the V8 version and I've driven it on a few occasions and really did push it. RDX feels alot lighter, nimble and easier to drive.

Nissan makes beautiful cars (love the maxima v6 and 350z) their v6 vq engines are superb.
Aside from some of the "un-related banter" posted here, I decided to post that I went & looked at the EX-35 at the Infiniti dealer today just to get a real world look at it for myself. It is a nice looking CUV, but it is small. It is LOWER than my RDX, (Parked right next to one, so I know) there is NO room in the back seat for leg room, & the price for an AWD / Journey model was $44700 to $46400 for the 3 that were there. No other models to price. I went over to look at an '08 FX-35 w/ similar options & it was $43200!! I couldn't see paying that much for an EX-35 vs an RDX (tech) or an FX-35. I believe the base RDX, (priced at an ACURA dealer today also) was $33190. The base EX-35 is going to be $33000-34000 w/rwd only. It is a nice vehicle if you never haul much in the back or don't have adult sized people in the back seat. Personnally, I think it's priced a bit high for what you get.
I have driven FX-35's, & they have a "more truck like" feel to them. Hopfully the EX won't, but it is on the same platform, as some have pointed out! The RDX has a more responsive, sedan feel to it., JMHO! I traded in a G35x in for the RDX & never had a problem with it. It was fast, but a different fast. It def. didn't have the same "room feel" inside as the RDX does either. I'm happy w/ my RDX!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
Looks like this is what some of us wished the RDX would have turned out to be. I'm really intrigued by the 3.5 V6.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/28/n...-breaks-cover/
Some of us? Speak for yourself. That thing is TINY. It can't transport five adult-sized people. Had you said the FX, I'd agree with you. But the EX? No way. If the RDX was that small, I would not have purchased it.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mau108

Yup! I have one of those engines in my 2002 Altima V6. It's outstanding.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Just test drove an EX 35 last week. Disappointed. Much happier with the RDX loaners I got when I send my RL in for service. At least the RDX's have SH AWD which I just love in my RL. Would be nice if they would do an SH AWD display in the RDX though. RDX 07's don't have an SH AWD display.

On the EX 35: Cramped back seat, little trunk space, $41.5K for Journey, Premium, Nav. Not really a good replacement for my wife's Rav4. Sweet VQ V6 and solid power in the EX 35 but why buy an impractical SUV or SAV which cannot really haul stuff just for the VQ V6 ? Might as well get a G35 for a little less money if I was after the engine.

Am taking a close second look at RDX's now. We may become a 2-Acura garage in future since the EX 35 is off the table for me.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
icky...
Old 12-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJ06RL
Just test drove an EX 35 last week. Disappointed. Much happier with the RDX loaners I got when I send my RL in for service. At least the RDX's have SH AWD which I just love in my RL. Would be nice if they would do an SH AWD display in the RDX though. RDX 07's don't have an SH AWD display.

On the EX 35: Cramped back seat, little trunk space, $41.5K for Journey, Premium, Nav. Not really a good replacement for my wife's Rav4. Sweet VQ V6 and solid power in the EX 35 but why buy an impractical SUV or SAV which cannot really haul stuff just for the VQ V6 ? Might as well get a G35 for a little less money if I was after the engine.

Am taking a close second look at RDX's now. We may become a 2-Acura garage in future since the EX 35 is off the table for me.

My 2007 has an SH AWD display.If you toggle through the displays by the odometer A SH AWD display comes up.

mine is a tech - maybe that is the difference?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks MN Matt, I'll be sure to focus only on Tech RDXs when we go RDX shopping in future. Thought it was real strange that I could not get the MID to show SH AWD on the loaner RDX and the service tech told me RDX's don't have it. Guess that was some of the usual service tech BS you get now and then.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Diggin' the RDX!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
NJ: ALL RDXs have SH-AWD and have from the first model that rolled off the line. Both Tech and Base models. If you couldn't get the MID to show SH AWD, you likely did not hit the right selection or perhaps (?) did not recognize the AWD icon. The display for it is a diagram of an axle with four wheels. And yes, that service tech was mistaken. Happy shopping.

http://www.acura.com/
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 AM
big shot.

they arent talkin about it having SHAWD as equipment...they are talkin about the 2007 having the DIAGRAM on the dash. in the 07...only the tech had the better MID display, the one that among other things showed the SHAWD graphic. in the 2008..the base model now has the MID display that was included in the tech package of the 2007 (the one that shows the SHAWD diagram, blue tooth, and customizable settings for the car etc)
Old 01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up New RDX owner.

Saturday my wife and I went to our local Infiniti dealer in Memphis to look a the EX35. My wife has become interested with the EX35 since it was introduced as a concept on the Infiniti web site and I presently own a M35 Sport so we are both pretty familiar with their product line and like their appeal.
When we arrived at the dealer my salesman threw us the keys to a EX35 journey and told us to take as much time as we wanted to evaluate the vehicle. The EX35 is small, I am 6'4" 290 lbs and have been more comfortable in amusement park rides, my wife even made comments on the cramped interior. The rear seat is best left for small children and cargo room is extremely tight. The interior quality was one of the best I have seen from Infiniti and on par or slightly better than my M. After a 45 minute drive we returned to the dealer both dissappointed knowing that this vehicle would not be feasible for us. As we got in her 04 Camry to leave it felt cavernous compared to the EX.
In a attempt to cheer up the Mrs. the next day, we drove over to Acura of Memphis and began looking at the MDX & RDX and she stated she would like to drive a RDX and compare it against the EX35. We both liked the roominess and features and sporty handling. So one thing leads to another and we start to make the deal on a 2007 RDX Tech.
After long battles with the sales mgr, I tell him my final price and he says no deal. We both leave in disgust as it is Sunday night around 7:30pm. My wife is now more upset than before and I am exhausted from all of the dealing back and forth. New years eve morning the phone rings and it is the genereal manager, and after a few quick exchanges we both finally agree $250 difference between us to seal the deal.
Upon arrival at the dealer after all of the paperwork is complete, our salesman starts scurrying and finally tells us there is a problem. The vehicle we were purchasing had a scratched windshield and they did not notice it until it was in the detail shop. Take in mind that it is new years eve @ 5:15 pm and we have dinner plans at 7:30. The sales man tells us he can sell the identical RDX off the sales floor and it will not be a problem. So we go give it a once over and ask the usual questions and try to finish the deal.
Twenty minutes later, the salesman comes back and tells us the RDX on the floor has 400 some odd miles on it. Does the BS ever stop? I told him he could sell me a 08 for what we agreed on or discount the 07 on the floor heavily to remove the bad taste developing in my mouth. Another 30 minutes later we were finally finished and leaving in our new RDX. The dealer discounted the 07 nicely & started the warranty at the current odometer reading!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Pro

That's a good story edadams3. Glad to hear you like the RDX. I hope to be getting mine in one month. I'm absolutely dreading the sales process. Why is it always like that? Every person I've ever spoken to has had sleazy experiences. When I got my Honda Civic it was the same way. I'm hoping to use a program called MassBuy from work which gives a pre-negotiated price via a discount on the invoice price to certain dealerships. I'm hoping since it's on the invoice and not MSRP that it'll be a good deal (at least better than what I can negotiate). We shall see.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:20 AM
big shot.

I look at it this way....at least they told the guy about the windshield, rather than passing the car off and it becoming a problem later on. even tho it was new years, thats a pretty decent problem avoided BEFORE you take the car home.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Cruisin'

I agree, the dealer could have said nothing about the windshield. That in itself made me feel somewhat better about the dealer.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Cruisin'

Also during the negotiation process, the salesman never referenced monthly payments at all. This gave me a better feeling about doing business with the dealership. There is nothing worse than entering a dealership and having a sales idiot ask you how much you want to pay per month. We generally pay 2/3 down on our vehicles or pay for them in full. This time with the 2.9 financing we opted to finance $10,000 and keep money in the bank. Hard to pass up a good option like that.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:44 AM
big shot.

def...sounds like ur situation worked itself out nicely. Alot of the time, people want instant gratification on one trip to the dealer....gotta give it time, if they want the sale...they will meet the number and call, just like u got the call....and, sounds to me, they are a solid dealer notifying you of the crack and then discounting a vehicle to keep u a customer...enjoy it!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
Originally Posted by edadams3
.....My wife is now more upset than before and I am exhausted from all of the dealing back and forth.....Does the BS ever stop?
Originally Posted by phoward_15
I'm absolutely dreading the sales process. Why is it always like that? Every person I've ever spoken to has had sleazy experiences.
It is intended to be a long, unpleasant experience. That is a negotiating strategy dsigned to wear you down. They want you to be apprehensive and weary.

For your best deal (and your own sanity), do your research, make a reasonable offer, and walk away!

Remember, you have what they want, (not the other way around). Walk away!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
big shot.

From edmunds official review:

From Edmunds official review:

The good feelings continue into the cabin, where the EX35 has a distinctive dash design that flows around the driver in soft waves, along with nicely shaped front seats. In basic spec, the cockpit has all the pluses of the G35's interior, including solid ergonomics and impressive technology. The interior materials aren't going to win any awards for quality, but if you check off the Luxe Elite Package, Infiniti will upholster the cabin in higher-quality leather that truly delivers on the promise of this SUV's premium branding -- if we had it our way, this stuff would be standard. The other option that will draw your attention is the Around View Monitor. An enhancement on traditional back-up cameras, the AVM pieces together images from four cameras mounted around the perimeter of the EX to provide an overhead, 360-degree view.

If there's anything not to like about the 2008 Infiniti EX35, it's the small rear seat and cargo areas. Compared to rivals like the Acura RDX, BMW X3 and Land Rover LR2, it has anywhere from 7 to 9 fewer inches of rear legroom. It's a similar story in regards to luggage capacity, as the Infiniti's hold is little more than half the size of the X3's. For shoppers who require genuine utility in a small luxury SUV, the EX is unlikely to fit the bill. The EX is also a questionable value proposition for anyone focused on practicality, given that its price tag extends well into the $40Ks when fully optioned.

our words and assumptions, in my opinion, were right on par.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
08 PMM/Black Tech

After looking at the EX-35 I don't see how it can be stack against the RDX and X3. It shouldn't be in the same market segment. There's virtually no legroom at the back and almost no trunk space. About 10" less than the RDX in rear legroom and 9ish cubic feet less in trunk volume. We went to look at it and unless you're single or newly wed the EX-35 is not for you. It's basically a sedan. The small back doors will be a nightmare to fit the babysit thru it.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by cFoo
After looking at the EX-35 I don't see how it can be stack against the RDX and X3. It shouldn't be in the same market segment. There's virtually no legroom at the back and almost no trunk space. About 10" less than the RDX in rear legroom and 9ish cubic feet less in trunk volume. We went to look at it and unless you're single or newly wed the EX-35 is not for you. It's basically a sedan. The small back doors will be a nightmare to fit the babysit thru it.
cFOO I'm close to purchasing as well. What other cars are you looking at? The RDX is #1 on my list right now. If I can afford an MDX I'll get it but I'm thinking that might not happen. Regarding your comment about the babyseat I take it you have a kid? Do you think the RDX provides enough room for all your baby stuff?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
08 PMM/Black Tech

We started in December and have been every where with the search. The initial list were:
FX-35 : model changing soon but we can't wait.
EX-35
MDX : A little bit on the large side, I can't stand the steering wheel, reports of panels not aligned properly and rattling over at the MDX forums.
RDX
RX350 : Pricey and boring to drive. My wife said she'll fall asleep at the wheel if she drives this thing.
X3 : Nice, but we don't want to take a chance with BMW reliability, my friend is having a miserable time with rattling in his 5 series. BMW interior is boring and cheap looking.
Toureg : lovely interior but it floats like a boat.

We don't have kid yet, but we're planning to. We're down to the RDX versus the EX-35. I've gone and test drove the RDX twice and done numerous searches. The baby seat will fit, barely, with just enough room to be comfortable at the back. Just yesterday I went down to the parkade and had first look for myself at a co-worker's setup. He's 6'-1 so he has to fit the baby seat on the passenger side (back). He said it'll fit on the driver side but it'll be tight and harder to take the seat out. As much as I love the packaging of the EX-35 I don't think it'll work for us. There's no way to get a baby seat in and out of the back without rotating it a couple of times. I spoke to the sale guy at Infiniti and he also agreed that it's not a family car. Also, the trunk will limit the size of stroller you can get.

It'll be one heck of a CUV/SUV or whatever you want to call it for a childless couple.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Burning Brakes

cFOO I'm close to purchasing as well. What other cars are you looking at? The RDX is #1 on my list right now. If I can afford an MDX I'll get it but I'm thinking that might not happen. Regarding your comment about the babyseat I take it you have a kid? Do you think the RDX provides enough room for all your baby stuff?
We have a 2 year old. I never have really got the whole "all your baby stuff" concept. We never need and have never needed much more than an umbrella stroller and a diaper bag to do anything. Last spring, we easily fit everything we needed to go to Malaysia for two weeks in a friend's Civic, for cryin' out loud, and that inlcuded three adults, the baby and all of our stuff.

Our Britax roundabout works great. Our infant carrier seat (baby number two is on the way) will certainly fit better than it does in our Forester (2004 XT--yep two turbo four cute utes) or did in my WRX wagon (also a 2004). It is a Graco Safeseat, one of the largest on the market.

I am only 5' 10" and my wife is 5' 2", so we are not particularly tall, but I think there is plenty of room in the back seat for two adults.

I am really happy with my RDX. It is just the right size. Any bigger and it would be a boat like the MDX (drive one back to back with an RDX if you don't believe me--there is no comparison between the two in terms of driving dynamics) and any smaller and you might as well just get a car. The upright position makes it a lot easier to install/uninstall the kid in the seat since she sits at waist height instead of knee height. It is a lot easier to throw crap in the hatch than down into a trunk. AWD for the bad weather (yep, even here in DFW).
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Intermediate

I traded a G35 recently for an RDX and we had a similar experience with the EX/RDX comparison.
We drove the EX, drives really nice, very similar to my G35 I had. The problem was when we put the kids seats in the back. Both my kids are now forward facing so it was more of an issue of them constantly kicking our seats, not the seats actually fitting like some have mentioned. I'm 6' 1", my wife is 6", so for my girl to have enough room and not feel "crowded" we had to put the passenger's seat up a bit. We also noticed we had to turn the stroller on its side to get it in the back.
When we drove the RDX the little extra room in the back was easily noticed. My wife could keep her seat all the way back and my girl siad she was "a little crowded, but not bad" (my wife has a Pilot so that is what she's used to). We could also put our stroller flat which was nice as we didn't have to secure it from bouncing around.

Bottom line was the EX drove great, It definitely seemed quicker and sportier than the RDX. It was a lot of fun to drive. The problem was though IMO it didn't add any utility over my G35 that I was after. The RDX seemed like the better choice....
Oh, the 8-9k difference helped too
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Instructor

I have a 4 month old and a LOT of gear and the RDX works great. We have a graco carseat (not sure which one) and with it installed the front seat is tight (both for me and my wife (she is around 5 and a half feet) so we generally sit in the back if we don't have the seat folded down.

But you can fit a lot of gear in the back of the RDX (bugaboo chameleon, which is the tank of strollers) and a bunch of other stuff. For a while we had a MacLeran in there too. Can easily add groceries and the home depot haul and the 60 fold down adds a ton of space.

Quick Reply: Infiniti EX35 coming....