Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Looks like a squashed G not alot of utility
Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the looks, but also ? the utility. If it holds a bike upright inside, I may get it if not too $$$.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
2007 RDX CGP/Taupe

I did a quick interior/exterior comparison between the Acura RDX and Infiniti EX35. The Acura figures I got from Edmunds and the Infiniti figures I got from a Infiniti dealer website taking pre-orders for leases.

Acura RDX Infiniti EX35
Length 180.7" 182.3"
Width 73.6" 71.0"
Height 65.2" 61.9"

Front Head 38.7" 38.7"
Front Shoulder 58.2" 54.8"
Front Hip 54.4" 52.9"
Front Leg 41.8" 44.3"

Rear Head 38.3" 37.7"
Rear Shoulder 56.3" 55.1"
Rear Hip 53.0" 50.0"
Read Leg 37.7" 28.5"
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
big shot.

holy no room back seat lol
Old 10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
big shot.

Originally Posted by ado
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/pebbl...e/360099/full/

wow, i'm impressed with the overall looks
the RDX does have more cargo room and is probably going to be cheaper than the EX, but it sure is an eye catcher
the interior looks nice too and the various cameras around it sounds intersting
i have an offer of "near" $31,000 for an '07 base but don't know if i should baragin more, take it or wait for the EX in december

i would highly highly doubt u could see a number like that with the infiniti. Realistically id say this car will be around 40k and up

i bought my 07 base at 31k, thats about as good as its going to get, my 31k included sunroof visor & mud flaps.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MMike1981
holy no room back seat lol
...and the EX35 falls off of every parent's shopping list. I think that might even be worse than an IS250/IS350. And to think that we take crap for not being a "real" SUV.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 PM
2007 RDX CGP/Taupe

Not sure if I should do links but I'll copy and paste as much information as I can from the dealer web site (which is Infiniti of Santa Monica)

The 2008 Infiniti EX35 will come in four models:

RWD Base - No Available Options
AWD Base - No Available Options
RWD Journey - Available with Options
AWD Journey - Available with Options

The 2008 EX35 Journey models will have the following options available and can have any interior color combinations:

Power Slide/Tilt Moon roof
Front and Rear Leather Seating
Power Folding Second Row Seat
Auto-Dimming Inside Mirror with Compass
Homelink® Universal Garage Door Opener
Front and Rear Sonar System
Auto On/Off Headlights

The EX35 Journey Models (AWD and RWD) can be ordered with a Premium package which includes:

Bose Audio System with Burr Brown DAC, 11 speakers, 6 CD and i-Pod interface
Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control
Heated Front Seats & Rear A/C Vents
Heated Tilt Down Reverse Outside Mirrors
Bluetooth Hands Free Phone System
Driver’s Seat Memory Function & Seat/Outside Mirror/Steering Wheel Synchronization
8-way Power Passenger Seat
4-Way Front Power Seat Lumbar Support
Power Tilt and Telescopic Steering Colum

The spec. sheet says it will have a 5-speed automatic transmission with manual mode and DS sport mode. It will have a 3.5L V6 producing 297HP @ 6800 RPM and 253 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM.

The vehicle comes standard with P225/60R17 tires with the option of upgrading to P225/55R18.

The curb weight on the AWD Journey model is 3,953 lbs.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:51 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
really for the extra cash, and nissan's shady track record lately, i would stick w the rdx
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
07 RDX White w/tech

Price goes to Infiniti with options

No the Infiniti is not what I think the RDX can be-especially the price-starting at 40gs?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 AM
B A N N E D

The infinity will sell regardless of impracticality, the FX is an example of that, the EX will sell very well and the women will love it. Just wait until YOU actually see one before you pass judgment on it.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neo1738
really for the extra cash, and nissan's shady track record lately, i would stick w the rdx
What shady track record?

Please do your research before making ignorant statements. The only "shady" models were the SUV's and trucks coming out of the plant in Tennessee (Titan, Armada, QX56).

Every other model, built on the FM platform which includes the EX, has a record as spotless as Acura.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by HenryFL
No the Infiniti is not what I think the RDX can be-especially the price-starting at 40gs?
who said it's going to start at 40k?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Every other model, built on the FM platform which includes the EX, has a record as spotless as Acura.
Exactly.

Nothing worse than bashing the competition over untruths and "So ugly!".

I think it looks great and has great specs. I'll likely still pick an RDX simply because I think the EX will cost 50+ G's in Canada for what I want when the base RDX has all I need.

A G35 with 18's, AWD and a few non-nav options is pushing 50k, so I doubt the EX will be cheaper.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Meat Popsicle

And, Nissan and Mazda are the turn around success stories of the Car Buisness lately.
I think the EX looks sharp. Lots of nice tech features as well.

I do not get the bashing at all.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

It sounds pretty nice, but if it is really 40K to start, that is a stretch. At that price it sits dead even with the X3 in price. And I do think the small back seat will hurt some. At least they got the power/memory seats right.

I may have bought one pre-kids.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by brizey
It sounds pretty nice, but if it is really 40K to start, that is a stretch. At that price it sits dead even with the X3 in price. And I do think the small back seat will hurt some. At least they got the power/memory seats right.

I may have bought one pre-kids.
I doubt it will start at $40k (the price referenced above was for Canadia, not U.S.). The FX already starts at upper 30k's, and the next gen is moving upmarket to probably closer to $40k range, so the EX will start mid-30's for sure in the U.S. market.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ado
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/pebbl...e/360099/full/

wow, i'm impressed with the overall looks
the RDX does have more cargo room and is probably going to be cheaper than the EX, but it sure is an eye catcher
the interior looks nice too and the various cameras around it sounds intersting
i have an offer of "near" $31,000 for an '07 base but don't know if i should baragin more, take it or wait for the EX in december

It looks like a glorified Rouge.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JJog23
It looks like a glorified Rouge.
The RDX is more a glorified CR-V (same FWD based platform) than the EX a glorified Rouge (EX is RWD FM platform, Rouge is FWD platform).

I used to think TL owners were the insecure with their rides, but RDX owners seem to take the cake now. And the insecurity is even caused by a model that hasn't been released yet! Imagine the panic once the EX goes on sale.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Burning Brakes

The RDX is more a glorified CR-V (same FWD based platform) than the EX a glorified Rouge (EX is RWD FM platform, Rouge is FWD platform).

I used to think TL owners were the insecure with their rides, but RDX owners seem to take the cake now. And the insecurity is even caused by a model that hasn't been released yet! Imagine the panic once the EX goes on sale.
Natural function of taking a chance on a new model before the segment has fully shaken out.

Two years ago it was the X3 or...the X3. Within the next year there will be RDX, X3, the smaller audi Q5(?), the EX35, the lincoln thing based on the Edge, and several non-premium but nice rides like the CX-7 and the Tiguan (spelling?) and believe it or not the new Saturn Vue. Through in a Volvo and a Lexus within another year or so after that. So people are naturally going to wonder if they should have waited. I certainly did until I heard about the small back seat.

I still may trade if they get a RAV-4 based Lexus right (sporty, not another towncar wannabe like the RX350) because it will probably have a much larger back seat and ALL of the luxury features (and perhaps MIJ).
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Exactly...

What is all this hype about the Infiniti EX coming along...???

Every new year, there will be new models of CUVs appearing... so are you going to freak out everytime a new one comes along with better features?

Unless, you are loaded with money, you can solve that problem by trading in your one year old vehicle for every new model that comes out each year.

Otherwise, I would be just contented with what you bought, knowing that you must have given it a lot of thought and knew that it met your needs and desires in a vehicle.

I love the price and design of the new C300 mercedes ($40,000, fully featured, panaoramic sunroof, cornering HID lights, 7 speed trans and with sports package thrown in), thought about trading it for my 2005 TSX, but then, realized the cons of owning the mercedes, and decided that I was indeed contented with my TSX.

"The grass is always greener on the other side..."

Honestly, I just don't see what is all the hype about Infiniti introducing the EX...

The RDX is not the perfect vehicle or CUV, but there are some merits in it that caused some or a large number of us to buy it in the first place...

So we have a girlfriend or wife, that we loved at one point in time, and committed to that relationship therafter, are we going to jump ship every time a much prettier or attractive woman appears??? A little out of context example, but you know what I mean, hopefully...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Intermediate

you are not making any sence. The RDX is sh-awd not fwd. oh by the way cr-v all time 4 wheel drive WAy different system than the sh-awd system. Also you can get the Rouge in fwd and AWD. Which makes my point The EX is a glorified Rouge.

Also watch the price of the EX be about the same as the x-3. If you have not notice Infinity Likes to charge for every option for there vehicles.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 PM
B A N N E D

you are not making any sence. The RDX is sh-awd not fwd. oh by the way cr-v all time 4 wheel drive WAy different system than the sh-awd system. Also you can get the Rouge in fwd and AWD. Which makes my point The EX is a glorified Rouge.

Also watch the price of the EX be about the same as the x-3. If you have not notice Infinity Likes to charge for every option for there vehicles.
Just to everything you said

The platform the CR-V and RDX are on is FWD, both of the AWD Systems are FWD Biased.

The EX is more customizable and not cookie cutter compared to the RDX, making all the things standard just cuts down on production costs and makes things cheaper.

The EX is not on the same platform as the Rouge, please get off it, the CR-V and RDX, please note, ARE on the same platform which makes the RDX more of a Glorified CR-V than the EX a glorified Rogue, got it?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Race Director

The RDX shares the same platform with the CRV, just like the TL shares the same platform as the US Accord.

Also, it's Infiniti, not Infinity

Yes, Infiniti charges for options, so what? Lexus, BMW, Cadillac, Mercedes, and Audi do the same, which is why they all don't have an identity crisis and people see these car companies as luxury cars unlike Acura.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AbovePrime.
Just to everything you said

The platform the CR-V and RDX are on is FWD, both of the AWD Systems are FWD Biased.

The EX is more customizable and not cookie cutter compared to the RDX, making all the things standard just cuts down on production costs and makes things cheaper.

The EX is not on the same platform as the Rouge, please get off it, the CR-V and RDX, please note, ARE on the same platform which makes the RDX more of a Glorified CR-V than the EX a glorified Rogue, got it?
Word. The EX is built on the FM platform, same RWD platform that underpins the Z, G35/37, M35/45, FX35/45. The Rouge is built on the same FWD platform as the Altima (I think). Completely unrelated to the FM platform.

CRV and RDX are built on the SAME FWD platform.

It's like the RL owners who say the M35/45 is a glorified Maxima...even though the RL is built on the SAME FWD based platform as the Accord, yet the M35/45 is built on a completely different RWD platform than the FWD Maxima.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:43 AM
Irvine, CA

Whoa look at all the fanboi's coming out of the woodworks; you all make it seem like the RDX is some piece of crap banger.

I know some/alot of people buy their cars based on status symbol and all, but trying to justify the amount of money you paid for your ride by going on other cars forum and hammering a competing brand while proclaiming your car's brand as superior is childish.

I bought the RDX after an extensive search of test driving and researching. I researched and considered ALL Brands- and thought that the RDX had everything I was looking for - and more.

Nevertheless, is the question of whether the body frame is shared by another car really a deciding factor in purchasing a car? or is that something used just for senseless banter?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:57 AM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The RDX out preforms and is a far better deal financialy then the FX 35, so why is anyone stressing the EX? Let it come out and we shall put it toe to toe vs. the RDXturbo. Lets not even get into modding potential... with a turbo engine the possibilities are endless... toma...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by spykeekuya
Whoa look at all the fanboi's coming out of the woodworks; you all make it seem like the RDX is some piece of crap banger.

I know some/alot of people buy their cars based on status symbol and all, but trying to justify the amount of money you paid for your ride by going on other cars forum and hammering a competing brand while proclaiming your car's brand as superior is childish.

I bought the RDX after an extensive search of test driving and researching. I researched and considered ALL Brands- and thought that the RDX had everything I was looking for - and more.

Nevertheless, is the question of whether the body frame is shared by another car really a deciding factor in purchasing a car? or is that something used just for senseless banter?
last time I looked, it was an insecure RDX owner that started making fanboy statements that brought into question making models from "glorified" other models.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
The RDX out preforms and is a far better deal financialy then the FX 35, so why is anyone stressing the EX? Let it come out and we shall put it toe to toe vs. the RDXturbo. Lets not even get into modding potential... with a turbo engine the possibilities are endless... toma...
I guess you're right, seeing how the RDX can even take on a ferarri in "your" world.

Where do you get your facts from, dude? How does an RDX outperform an FX?
Old 10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
B A N N E D

Haven't you heard, his RDX can take on G35's!

But seriously, toe to toe, the FX45 Would come out on top hands down, even with mods like the ones shown at TOV it still can't beat the FX45, the 35 maybe, but not the 45. The stock RDX puts down numbers at 7.8 seconds.

I thought the reason why most RDX owners bought theirs was because it was the "best" at the time, and now that they see that might not be the "best" anymore(tech, performance, whatever), so they bash something they never sat in or drove.

The RDX's modding potential is so small right now, the market stops at brake pads.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

having been on the highway with two fx 35's, they cant keep up with the rdx. we had a little spirited driving late at night on the highway, i ended up pulling into a rest area they did and they even flat out said when u took off, i was slamming the gas and i wasnt going anywhere. If two FX35's both said that they couldnt keep up with my stock RDX, i say RDX wins.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:43 PM
B A N N E D

They couldn't keep up, or they weren't trying to, they certainly can keep up, the numbers are not a big difference between the two, or the drivers were not even trying, An FX45 would smoke the RDX so bad.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Instructor

on pricing, the 40k came from a canadian article. another us article said it would start at high 20s or low thirties. given the base is totally stripped (no options available, no roof, no leather), 30-31k seems fair for rwd base. my guess is the journey (leather and roof standard, i believe) will match the rdx at about 33-34k for awd.
compare the g35 to the tl -the g35x w/ awd is only slightly ($200) more than the TL.(list).
Old 10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Instructor

on the "shoot out" w/ the fx35, it weighs about 400lbs more than the rdx. The RDX and EX35 will weigh almost the same.
fx35 has 275 horse, the rdx 240 (prob conservative per TOV) the Ex35 will have 297hp.
Oddly, the ex35 losses in torque, w/ 253, compared to 260 for the rdx and 268 for the FX.
Bottom line - i think the ex and rdx will be close in a race. i think the higher torque for the rdx may give it the edge.

ps-specs are from edmunds for rdx and fx, ex from ordering spec sheet - google ex lease.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by icenoir
on the "shoot out" w/ the fx35, it weighs about 400lbs more than the rdx. The RDX and EX35 will weigh almost the same.
fx35 has 275 horse, the rdx 240 (prob conservative per TOV) the Ex35 will have 297hp.
Oddly, the ex35 losses in torque, w/ 253, compared to 260 for the rdx and 268 for the FX.
Bottom line - i think the ex and rdx will be close in a race. i think the higher torque for the rdx may give it the edge.

ps-specs are from edmunds for rdx and fx, ex from ordering spec sheet - google ex lease.
Not really sure or understand why these performance numbers between the two vehicles mean so much to people... There are many trucks and SUVs with HP and torque way higher than these here... yet they are no sports car or road burners...

A shoot-out... between the EX35 and RDX... hmmm... why would one want to race a CUV? The EX35 is no sports car, nor is the RDX... If you guys are so sensitive to the power performance thing, then you are in the wrong vehicle category... Go get a M3 and G37 and then you will really enjoy the "shoot-out"...

All this talk in this thread about how fast each car can go... makes me feel like my RDX can "fly"... I know it can't but it is a pretty nice peppy torquey CUV to drive...

Let the HP issue slide... yeah, the EX35 may yet rule the HP and torque over the RDX, but soon, another vehicle will trump it... i.e. even the Cayenne does hat already...

All I know is the RDX has enough grunt to make driving it fun and effortless... If I wanted to go "burn some serious rubber", the RDX would not be the vehicle of choice...JMHO
Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 AM
El Chulo...

Post Crack is wack!

Who ever said that an RDX could beat a Ferrari????? Are you on crack!? Some of you guys (you know who you are) need to get out from under your desk and away from the computer with all of your specs and numbers and get out to the actual asphalt and try it. If you dont believe my or others claim to victory, fine but please do not speak about what you havent experienced or know. Thank you and have a nice day
Old 10-07-2007, 06:12 AM
B A N N E D

Who ever said that an RDX could beat a Ferrari????? Are you on crack!? Some of you guys (you know who you are) need to get out from under your desk and away from the computer with all of your specs and numbers and get out to the actual asphalt and try it. If you dont believe my or others claim to victory, fine but please do not speak about what you havent experienced or know. Thank you and have a nice day
The way you talk about red light racing Infiniti's and such, and just leaving them in the dust with your "RDXturbo", as if your RDX is the only one with a turbo, you would have us thinking your RDX is smoking ferrari's too.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:48 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

They couldn't keep up, or they weren't trying to, they certainly can keep up, the numbers are not a big difference between the two, or the drivers were not even trying, An FX45 would smoke the RDX so bad.

from what they told me afterwords they had it floored and couldnt keep up, this was already moving so at top end rdx is better maybe not at low end
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Burning Brakes

The thread was originally about people's opinion on what they feel about Infiniti launching their new EX35, as to whether it was a threat to the RDX's reputation as a high-performing luxury CUV. There was varied responses to this, some really passionate, while some was more pragmatic...

Suddenly, now, somehow it moved towards some claiming their RDX was a rubber burner... Posting of fantastic victories over other makes on the street...

First of all, let's try to keep to the original theme of the thread...

Secondly... I believe these claims of street light racing victories is getting a bit lame... Okay... so you win some lame victory in a street race, it lift and boost your macho ego... I won't even go that far as to debate whether your street "opponent" was chosen by you to race and/or whether he was a willing participant (or whether he/she was even participating)... I don't doubt the RDX has enough grunt to hold it's own against some cars or SUVs on the street...
But what the heck is this big deal about being able to power pass some vehicle? If you tell me something practical like how you manage to pull pass some long trailer in a situation that was a stickler, and how the RDX turbo pulled you through some hairy situations, its taut handling and SH-AWD keeping you safe... I say, cool, very useful to know...

And I know it's your personal life choices expressed here in your street racing victories... so maybe create a separate whole new thread, something like RDX street race victories, and all may enjoy such stuff can visit there...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Word. The EX is built on the FM platform, same RWD platform that underpins the Z, G35/37, M35/45, FX35/45. The Rouge is built on the same FWD platform as the Altima (I think). Completely unrelated to the FM platform.

CRV and RDX are built on the SAME FWD platform.
Exactly, except I think the Rogue is a glorified Sentra platform (IIRC).

The EX will be a great choice and IMO, will likely outdo the RDX in performance, but it will likely cost a few grand more. Big surprise, something might be better, but it cost more.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 AM
El Chulo...

Post Below prime

The way you talk about red light racing Infiniti's and such, and just leaving them in the dust with your "RDXturbo", as if your RDX is the only one with a turbo, you would have us thinking your RDX is smoking ferrari's too.
Exactlly optimus prime, thats why we don't ASSume because you know what happens then.... toma

Quick Reply: Infiniti EX35 coming....