Infiniti EX35 coming....

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=04EuroAccordTsx] It's even smaller in length and rearseat room than a TSX.
QUOTE]

Is the back seat really smaller? On paper the RDX would seem to be a bit bigger epecially in legroom which is more important (to me, and I am short) than hip room and shoulder room:

RDX: 38.3" rear head, 53.0" rear hip, 37.7" rear leg, 56.3" rear shoulder

TSX: 37.8" rear head, 54.4" rear hip, 34.2" rear leg, 53.5" rear shoulder

Three and a half inches of legroom is rather large difference.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ive sat in both the tsx and rdx with the front seat configured the way i like it there is definitely less rear leg room in the RDX
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to admit to liking the styling of that Infiniti and I can't say that for many Infinitis.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
ive sat in both the tsx and rdx with the front seat configured the way i like it there is definitely less rear leg room in the RDX
Well its a good thing you can't sit in the front and the back at the same time!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Racer

A little hard to tell from the photos, but the rear cargo space in the EX35 looks real tiny. Does anyone have a cu.ft. number or actual length x width x height measurements?

I'm reserving judgment on looks until I see one in person. The FX looks great in photos as well, but in person it looks way too big for the curvy shape.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

I prefer the 3.5L V6 in my TL-S over the 4-cyl turbo I had in my Legacy...
Old 04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Missin my TSX =(

Originally Posted by ex2k4
Think of it like the MDX and RDX.
well no the ex n fx r both 5 seaters and mdx is 7 n rdx is 5... different uses...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

I would guess the FX replacement will be larger, based on the the Q, and have three rows. It is my understanding that they are dropping the truck based QX, so Inifniti will have no three row vehicle. They lose no one that wants sporty becuase they have the new EX, and they gain everyone that wants three rows but doesn't want a truck.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chyllintsx
well no the ex n fx r both 5 seaters and mdx is 7 n rdx is 5... different uses...
But if you see the previous MDX, they did not have the 7 seater. (I wasn't even aware of 7 seats in the new).

FX came out when MDX in its mid stage of last design. They were veery comparable in size and performance. You can clearly see that this aims RDX market. FX will probably be larger in the future.

I really like the design of RDX and the infiniti. I am wanting to get a car except don't want to spend 30k+ on a car at my age. IF and ONLY if RDX came with v6 engine.... decision would have been much easier.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

Anyone have an idea when Acura will announce the 2008 RDX? Unless Acura has some major changes or even more price drop, I'm liking this Infiniti EX. Unless Infiniti blows it and prices the EX with Nav $40K+
Old 04-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brizey
I would guess the FX replacement will be larger, based on the the Q, and have three rows. It is my understanding that they are dropping the truck based QX, so Inifniti will have no three row vehicle. They lose no one that wants sporty becuase they have the new EX, and they gain everyone that wants three rows but doesn't want a truck.
i doubt that. The Q is on an ancient platform (pre-Ghosn) and is killed.

The FX will probably be based on the new FM platform that the current M and G (and EX) use. I expect marginal increase in room for the next FX, nothing that would make it MDX size.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
i doubt that. The Q is on an ancient platform (pre-Ghosn) and is killed.

The FX will probably be based on the new FM platform that the current M and G (and EX) use. I expect marginal increase in room for the next FX, nothing that would make it MDX size.

So Inifniti will have no large SUV? The FX's are pretty small on the inside compared to the MDX.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by orbitwhite
Anyone have an idea when Acura will announce the 2008 RDX? Unless Acura has some major changes or even more price drop, I'm liking this Infiniti EX. Unless Infiniti blows it and prices the EX with Nav $40K+
They wouldn't do that because the FX starts at $37,000
Old 04-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Suzuka Master

So Inifniti will have no large SUV? The FX's are pretty small on the inside compared to the MDX.
i haven't heard they are killing the QX anytime soon.

Where did you hear this?
Old 04-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Infinity EX

While the EX, for the most part, does look really nice...I HATE the red lighting on the dash just like I hate amber (orange) lighting. (It really does trigger aggression in me.) From the pics it doesn't appear there is much rear head room especially for tall passengers. Rear leg room looks a bit cramped as well, but it's hard to tell how far back one fits in the seat. Rear storage will be a premium with the severe angle cutting out several inches. With that said, I'm curious about rear passenger safety if rear-ended. The back seat headrests look to be pretty close to the hatch glass.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Instructor

Infiniti EX

It's sounding like pricing will be around the 37K mark due to the technology.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Race Director

Where did you hear about the pricing already?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Instructor

Infinity EX

A site called HowStuffWorks. The article mentioned the FX started at $37,800 but because of the new technology "may keep it near that level". Type in Infiniti EX pricing on google.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:50 AM
Instructor

Infinity EX

Also, Automobile Magazine mentioned that while "the liquid crystal glass is feasable for production it would be with a high price tag". The two technologies confirmed for production are the LDP (Lane Departure Prevention-a must for alcoholics who insist on driving. LOL) and Around View Monitor. So it sounds like pricing will greatly depend on whether the liquid crystal glass makes it to production and whether it is standard or offered as an option. No one seems to write whether all this is with or without nav, etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:31 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
The EX looks pretty nice. IMO, it looks more elegant/luxury than the RDX, but on the other hand, the RDX looks sportier.

As for the RDX missing some features such as memory seats, power passenger seats, etc, I think Acura might make them standard in future models, just like what they did to the TSX.

6-speed auto? I hope they will come out with one soon......
Old 04-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 1bythesea
The two technologies confirmed for production are the LDP (Lane Departure Prevention-a must for alcoholics who insist on driving. LOL) and Around View Monitor.
so they took Lane Departure Warning a step further...so what does this do? Does it give a zap or something every time you start to drift over a line?

That's good, because Lane Departure Warning in my car does nothing to help while I'm driving drunk.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 AM
07 RDX Tech - Blue/Ebony

Originally Posted by Infamous425
my experience was the exact opposite.

RDX = good amount of room
TSX = snug fit
TL = about same as RDX
Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Hmmm...don't know where I heard about the QX56 being cancelled. Maybe it was for the Nissan eqivalent. Sorry for the misinfo.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Hmmm...don't know where I heard about the QX56 being cancelled. Maybe it was for the Nissan eqivalent. Sorry for the misinfo.
i haven't heard that the Nissan equivalent (armada) is being canceled either, but for sure the Q is dead (i think they stopped selling them last year).

I think even with slow sales of full size SUVs, they are still making money off the QX/Armada since the profit margins on them are probaly pretty hefty, so i don't think they would cancel them.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by darth62
Teledatageek - as I understand it, the Nav in the M and G is totally different than the nav in the FX. I test drove the FX last year, and completely agree with your take. It was very hard to use, and I particularly hated the abscence of a touch screen. It also had some sort of bizare restriction where it wouldn't let you plot a trip to location that was too far away (making it useless for long road trips).

The M is "rated" (rated is in quote here because I'm talking about polls I've seen on the internet - hardly a scientific source) right below the system in the Hondas. And, the G is even better because it has a touch screen.

I seriously doubt the nav in the new EX35 will be on par with the Acrua/Alpine system but I will be surprised if it is as bad as the one in the FX.
The navi in every Infiniti is essentially the same except for the G35 Sedan. The Nissan/Infiniti nav is by far the best in any vehicle on the road, especially much better than Acura's IMO. It's the easiest to use and most accurate as well as nicest to look at. The ONLY quibble with the nav I've seen is the Murano's wobbly controller button which makes it sometimes difficult to select what you're intending to select.

I'm assuming your stated restriction on long trips was due to your unfamiliarity with selecting maps outside of the starting point region. If the destination was not on the same map that was active the system wouldn't be able to use your designated destination oint because it wouldn't be recognized.

Only the G35 Sedan has a touchscreen although the G37 also will. But I've never really found much use for a touchscreen with properly laid out controls and/or voice control.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:38 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by mrdeeno
i haven't heard that the Nissan equivalent (armada) is being canceled either, but for sure the Q is dead (i think they stopped selling them last year).

I think even with slow sales of full size SUVs, they are still making money off the QX/Armada since the profit margins on them are probaly pretty hefty, so i don't think they would cancel them.
The Q45 is rumored to be coming back for '08.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by johncap523
The navi in every Infiniti is essentially the same except for the G35 Sedan. The Nissan/Infiniti nav is by far the best in any vehicle on the road, especially much better than Acura's IMO. It's the easiest to use and most accurate as well as nicest to look at. The ONLY quibble with the nav I've seen is the Murano's wobbly controller button which makes it sometimes difficult to select what you're intending to select.

I'm assuming your stated restriction on long trips was due to your unfamiliarity with selecting maps outside of the starting point region. If the destination was not on the same map that was active the system wouldn't be able to use your designated destination oint because it wouldn't be recognized.

Only the G35 Sedan has a touchscreen although the G37 also will. But I've never really found much use for a touchscreen with properly laid out controls and/or voice control.
No, the stated limitation was based on reports from Murano owners at Freshalloy.com (and, yeah, I admit that I extrapolated from the Murano system to the FX). And, I'm sorry, but the NAV in the Murano is nowhere near as good as you are saying. Granted, I've not played with it since I looked at that vehicle a few years back, and there may have been major improvements since then. But, at the time, the menu structure was more clunky than the Honda/Alpine system, and the graphics not as clean. I've never seen one objective comparison that didn't view the Acura system as superior.

And, I can't begin to agree with you about the lack of a touchscreen either.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But, I disagree with virtually everything you are saying here.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

ummm... if you guys haven't noticed... you may have strayed off course too much... you are in the Acura RDX forum, not Nissan or Infinti forum...

I am not against Infiniti or Nissan products (although not a fan of them either), it is kind of okay if we sort of compare the RDX against those products for the purpose of generating a discussion, but I think this has gone to the point where we have Infiniti "owners" discussing soley on how great those products are...

If the interest of these most recent posters are in Infiniti products, there are the G35 or FX or QX forums that you guys can take your discussions in....

Let's get back to the core of discussions here in this forum... the Acura RDX...
Old 05-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by mav238
ummm... if you guys haven't noticed... you may have strayed off course too much... you are in the Acura RDX forum, not Nissan or Infinti forum...

I am not against Infiniti or Nissan products (although not a fan of them either), it is kind of okay if we sort of compare the RDX against those products for the purpose of generating a discussion, but I think this has gone to the point where we have Infiniti "owners" discussing soley on how great those products are...

If the interest of these most recent posters are in Infiniti products, there are the G35 or FX or QX forums that you guys can take your discussions in....

Let's get back to the core of discussions here in this forum... the Acura RDX...
I suggest you leave the editorial comments about what belongs or does not belong in threads up to the moderators.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by happasaiyan
my experience was the exact opposite.

RDX = good amount of room
TSX = snug fit
TL = about same as RDX
I actually felt very comfortable in all the cars. That is part of what makes me leery of leaving the Acura line. The seats, leg and headroom, etc, all work for me.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Burning Brakes

I suggest you leave the editorial comments about what belongs or does not belong in threads up to the moderators.

As you indicated, I only suggested that you guys who love talking about the infinti cars go to an appropriate forum for it.

I didn't suggest that we can't mention other car makes in this forum, but it seemed like this thread is turning out to be one focusing on the Infiniti or Nissan cars...There are appropriate forums and places on the web that allow you to talk all you want about the Infiniti cars...

And if I was ghe moderator, I would definitely pull you guys off the forum if the talk continues to focus solely on the infiniti cars... But I'm not...
Old 05-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mav238
As you indicated, I only suggested that you guys who love talking about the infinti cars go to an appropriate forum for it.

I didn't suggest that we can't mention other car makes in this forum, but it seemed like this thread is turning out to be one focusing on the Infiniti or Nissan cars...There are appropriate forums and places on the web that allow you to talk all you want about the Infiniti cars...

And if I was ghe moderator, I would definitely pull you guys off the forum if the talk continues to focus solely on the infiniti cars... But I'm not...
Hmm, a thread titled: Infiniti EX35 coming... where no discussion of Infiniti is allowed

Thanks, genius!

i'm glad you're not a moderator...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:25 AM
8th Gear

No, the stated limitation was based on reports from Murano owners at Freshalloy.com (and, yeah, I admit that I extrapolated from the Murano system to the FX). And, I'm sorry, but the NAV in the Murano is nowhere near as good as you are saying. Granted, I've not played with it since I looked at that vehicle a few years back, and there may have been major improvements since then. But, at the time, the menu structure was more clunky than the Honda/Alpine system, and the graphics not as clean. I've never seen one objective comparison that didn't view the Acura system as superior.

And, I can't begin to agree with you about the lack of a touchscreen either.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. But, I disagree with virtually everything you are saying here.
Yup, we disagree. I actually drive a Murano with nav and have used it every day for the last year. It is flawless EXCEPT for the wobbly controller button. It's accurate, fast to adapt the route, flexible and great to look at. And it is widely considered to be the best built-in nav system on the market.

I did neglect to mention one other negative: $190 a year to keep the maps up to date.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Lightbulb Unveiled

Infiniti EX Crossover Unveiled
Infiniti has taken the wraps off its long-awaited EX crossover, due to be shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance this week. The production EX retains much of the sleek styling of the concept shown at the New York Auto Show in April.

Designed by the Infiniti design centre in Japan, the EX35 combines the style of a coupe with the height of a 4×4. We’ve seen sporty crossovers before, but the EX manages to look both sporting and fairly compact (at least in the pictures). It will also be the first car with “self-healing” clearcoat paint, designed to fix minor scratches up to three years from the build date.

Sharing the same FR-L platform as the Infiniti M, FX and G Coupe and Saloon models, the EX is powered by the super-slick VQ35HR 3.5-liter V6 engine and develops in excess of 290hp (in US-spec). The usual assortment of stability and traction controls also come standard.

The EX crossover is vital to Infiniti’s plans to enter Europe. It will be one of the four models the company will launch with in 2008 as most buyers don’t like large SUVs.

All new 2008 Infiniti EX coming to Europe

* EX revealed 16 August at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
* Innovative Coupe Crossover concept
* Standard ‘ATTESA E-TS’ all-wheel drive