I'm not one to brag, but tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I'm not one to brag, but tonight...

I was coming home with my wife and a friend...we were traveling on the right lane, ready to take the off-ramp, (25mph) at about 65mph...this Jeep Liberty creeps up on us, tailgating....I keep it back at the off ramp...one lane becomes two lanes and he tries to pass me on the right, which I move to because I have to take the very first exit; the Liberty passes me on the left and takes the off ramp too. At the bottom of the off ramp the light is RED...hahahaha...so much harassment and you have to stop too....
Anyways, the guy is a total donkey...we both have to turn left at the light, I am on the left, but I have to take the first right...So, the guy looks at me, in a defiant kind of way, my wife says "oh, he is a donkey", I ask,"can I race him" SHE SAYS YES!!!
So, three passengers, take the left turn, floor the car, (oh, he is racing me allright) passed him and stop at the light...he turns on the fog lights, the ones on the roof...he was pissed...I turn right and he is history...
I know that the RDX is not a sports car, and would not dare posting beating a regular car, but beating another SUV that would be a competing car, Hells yeah!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
lol good job man. I hate people that tailgate like that.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
H0lla..representin' SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Actions speak louder then words rite?
DId you use the Paddle shifterS??~
Old 09-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Almost the exact same thing happened to me last night with an RX350. I don't feel a lot of pride in beating an RX (or a Liberty, for that matter), though, because the RDX is billed as a SPORT CUV. The RX is geared toward luxury and the Liberty... well, the Liberty is geared toward people who like to waste their money on products that have absolutely no competitive advantage over others in any category.

Anyway, nicely done (particularly checking with the wife before just stomping the gas pedal to the floor)!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:27 AM
StayAtHomeDad

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Now that I am awake (I posted after midnight, after a couple of cocktails, not drunk though), I have to add to my original posting.

I am not particularly proud of beating a Liberty because I have driven them and they are not fast at all, I think that you can actually call them slow. I think I put the post up more from the joy of seeing my wife waving the green flag...she never does that....

For those asking specifics, no paddle shifters were used, it was pure WOT and letting the computer do it's thing.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 PM
ddb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJ Iceman
...and the Liberty... well, the Liberty is geared toward people who like to waste their money on products that have absolutely no competitive advantage over others in any category.
LOL, great description!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well the Jeep is only trail rated not street rated
Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
ACURA ENTHUSIAST

oh.oh.I beat a yellow lambo to the next red light...he got stuck on the previous one...*THUMBS UP FOR ME*
TAKE THAT!!!! LOL(and im serious..i did LOL)
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink Dave i'm gonna race'em!

Great story wrest... my last race was against a G35 coupe, We made a left turn onto Francis lewis blvd. (for those of you from Queens, NY) He stopped at the light infront of me I gave him the quick flash of the high beams so he knew what was up. Not only did I keep up with him but I was slowly passing him after being behind him at the rolling start. He was mad I was happy and we went our seperate ways. Always fun to paddle shift!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice work dude! I beat a Jeep product myself, but this one was a more highly respected adversary...that being a Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7L. It was a 3 lane wide light on a 65mph road with a nice long straight. Funny thing is, the Chevy Duramax on my right was wanting to play too. I look over and he's dialing up his programmer and given the amount of black coming from his pipe at the end of this jaunt I'd say he cranked it up to max.

At any rate...I had enough time to boost it up with my left foot on the brake, turn the VSA off and slap it in S mode. Jeep still whooped me off the line, but it was no later than the start of 2nd gear and I was just starting to roll past him. Just then I look over to the right and I see this huge white Duramax gaining on me. I click into 3rd and kept him at the back bumper briefly and then he starting gaining again. By that time we were going about 80 or so so I let out. I think that dude would have taken me if I would have kept in it.

Moral of the story, A: a 2.3L turbo Acura RDX clearly beat a 5.7L Hemi Grand. Good s**t there. B: Watch out for those 7000lb diesels. Definitely not to be taken lightly!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm liking the sprinting power of the RDX more and more. Only have had it for a little over 3-months now. The RDX is amazingly "peppy" for 2.3 liter four banger!! Thank you TURBO!!! It seems to easily hold it's own against most on the road. And, when in sport mode using the paddle shifters it really is a blast!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
Great story wrest... my last race was against a G35 coupe, We made a left turn onto Francis lewis blvd. (for those of you from Queens, NY) He stopped at the light infront of me I gave him the quick flash of the high beams so he knew what was up. Not only did I keep up with him but I was slowly passing him after being behind him at the rolling start. He was mad I was happy and we went our seperate ways. Always fun to paddle shift!
Interesting... you were behind him from the start... that sounds about right...
then you slowly pass him... could he be that he simply slow down to see your face, one (SUV) who has got the nerve to race a G35 coupe? If he really wanted to race you, you would have been history... seriously... G35 coupe vs RDX...