I Love My RDX

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love My RDX

My first Acura was a 99 TL, and I really loved that car, but then I had to get an MDX due to family needs. A year ago January the transmission on my MDX was going out so it was time for a new car. I really like the new MDX but just couldn't allow myself to pay that much, so I started looking at the RDX.

I didn't know a lot about the RDX except that it was an Acura and it was smaller than the MDX. After my first test drive I knew it was the vehicle for me. I love the fact that it still has the functionality of an SUV, but handles more like a sports car.

This thing is a blast to drive. My wife has a Cadillac CTS, but when we go somewhere together we usually take my car because I just love driving it. With the turbo, it's got the pep I need, and it handles very well around corners. After a little more than a year, I can honestly say I still love my RDX.

I've been in Acura recently and talked to them about the new RDX, and one of the first things he said was that it was more like the MDX, with a softer ride only smaller. I thought to myself that's no fun to drive. I've done boring, but with the RDX I get the fun of a sports car with the utility of an SUV. Looks like I'll be hanging onto my RDX for a long time to come, because I don't want to go back to boring.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The 2nd generation RDX was the best thing ever happened to the 1st generation RDX.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced

I would never consider owning an SUV for myself but for my wife the 2013 RDX makes the most sense. If I wanted something sporty about the last place I'd look is at an SUV. You can add all the suspension tricks and super AWD that you want but in the end you're still driving a overweight brick of a vehicle that was designed to haul groceries not ass.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by buzzdsm
I would never consider owning an SUV for myself but for my wife the 2013 RDX makes the most sense. If I wanted something sporty about the last place I'd look is at an SUV. You can add all the suspension tricks and super AWD that you want but in the end you're still driving a overweight brick of a vehicle that was designed to haul groceries not ass.
You apparently have not driven a <2013 RDX, because it is neither heavy nor drives like a brick. You want heavy, try a 2009 CTS. It looks great, but it definitely drives heavy. And for those of us that have to have an SUV in the family, it is a great compromise.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by f1nzup
You apparently have not driven a <2013 RDX, because it is neither heavy nor drives like a brick. You want heavy, try a 2009 CTS. It looks great, but it definitely drives heavy. And for those of us that have to have an SUV in the family, it is a great compromise.

I have driven one and it handled great, FOR AN SUV. I agree that if you have to have an SUV and you want a sporty SUV than the <2013 makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by f1nzup
This thing is a blast to drive. My wife has a Cadillac CTS, but when we go somewhere together we usually take my car because I just love driving it. With the turbo, it's got the pep I need, and it handles very well around corners. After a little more than a year, I can honestly say I still love my RDX.

I've been in Acura recently and talked to them about the new RDX, and one of the first things he said was that it was more like the MDX, with a softer ride only smaller. I thought to myself that's no fun to drive. I've done boring, but with the RDX I get the fun of a sports car with the utility of an SUV. Looks like I'll be hanging onto my RDX for a long time to come, because I don't want to go back to boring.
I couldn't agree more. I love the sportiness of my 2008 RDX. The thing drives like a sports sedan not a CUV. The turbo and SH-AWD combo is an awesome mix. Throw on some good aftermarket tires and things get even better. It's fast as heck and handles like it's on rails plus has the utility. Virtually a perfect vehicle IMO.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This is all I have to say .
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This car has been the best car I have ever owned. It is the perfect size for a single person; its big enough to haul around 4-5 golf bags or 3 or 4 friends yet its small enough to park, manuever in and out of traffic. I have a 2007 and have absolutely enjoyed driving this car more than any other SUV in recent memory. The turbo+ sh-awd helps me launch off the line quickly when needed and after driving my friends G37 coupe the other day the RDX still feels quicker until about 45mph. I love the low-end torque and not having to rev the car to 5000rpm to pass another vehicle. Best car I have ever owned!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM
3rd Gear

I traded in my 2003 Audi A4 Quattro for my RDX this past February. I had the FMIC, K04Turbo, Injectors, software exhaust and test pipe all installed in the Audi... and my RDX is still faster @ stock.

So far I love my RDX... but am wondering when they're going to come out with more options for suspension... The RDX is a little bit "bumpier" than the Audi, but I love everything else about my CUV.