Handsfreelink

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Jeb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Handsfreelink

Hi all
Does anyone know if it is possible to use *67 with the bluetooth on the techRDX? I have to call clients sometimes and I don't want them to have my cell number. It seems the voice activation system does not recognize "star"....

Also, stupid question, but do I have to go into my phone everytime I get in the car to have it recognize the handsfreelink in the car? I have been doing that, but I was just making sure -- wouldn't it be great if the handsfree recognized that the phone was in the car without having to go into the phone everytime I get in? Inevitably, I get in the car for a short trip thinking I don't need to bother with the phone link, but then I get a call and wish I had taken the time to sync it....
Old 10-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My phone is recognized everytime I start the car without doing anything on my phone. I never take it out of my pocket. It connects and disconnects automagically.

As for the *, I believe I have used the word "star" before and it worked, but I'll have to double check that to be sure...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Cruisin'

Not sure about your question on *67.

What I do is leave the bluetooth setting on my phone on "discoverable". It works normally outside of the car. Then I just leave it in my pocket when I get in the car and the HFL recognizes it. Seems to work quite well and no adjustments need to be made to the phone.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Jeb, depending on your specific phone, you might need to set it to "bluetooth power on." While it might seem like that would always be using power, it's only "on" when connected to a paired device (in this case, the RDX).
Old 10-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should be able to have a phone book entry *6716175551212 - for me it does understand "star" (I don't have a Bahston accent). You can also just have it dial "star six seven one six one seven ...."

Both my blackberry and razr work well with HFL... both are in automatic mode.

Cheers,
MJ
Old 10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Intermediate

I doubt that saying asterisks instead of star would work? Could some one try it, maybe it will? I doubt it. MJ-BOS, did you get your RDX at Acura of Boston, and if you did, how much did you pay OTD?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Jeb
Advanced

thanks. i'll try "star" again. it did not seem to recognize it before but maybe I'm just not saying it in the breathy english voice of the nav-gal.

I have a razr v3c (verizon). I did not see a discoverable mode on my phone -- it seems like I always have to say "bluetooth power on." is it something with my phone?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeb
thanks. i'll try "star" again. it did not seem to recognize it before but maybe I'm just not saying it in the breathy english voice of the nav-gal.

I have a razr v3c (verizon). I did not see a discoverable mode on my phone -- it seems like I always have to say "bluetooth power on." is it something with my phone?
On the V3c, under the Menu go to Connections>Bluetooth>Setup and set the Power to On. It should stay there.

If it doesn't and keeps powering off, then you may need a software update from Verizon. You don't "leave in in Discovery mode". Discovery mode only last for a minute on the V3c as you don't want you phone to be discoverable all the time. Discovery mode is strictly for initial pairing, and not for regular use of the connection.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Jeb
Advanced

Originally Posted by sasair
On the V3c, under the Menu go to Connections>Bluetooth>Setup and set the Power to On. It should stay there.

If it doesn't and keeps powering off, then you may need a software update from Verizon. You don't "leave in in Discovery mode". Discovery mode only last for a minute on the V3c as you don't want you phone to be discoverable all the time. Discovery mode is strictly for initial pairing, and not for regular use of the connection.
Thanks sasair! I did not see power on in setup. i was going right to the bluetooth menu --
Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jeb
Thanks sasair! I did not see power on in setup. i was going right to the bluetooth menu --
No problem, I had a V3c in my RDX for a few weeks before I got the new KRZR phone.