Finally Got My Brand New Rdx Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally Got My Brand New Rdx Today!!!

Finally, after 4 weeks of waiting, I picked up my brand new RDX from my dealer at Burrard Acura in Vancouver, BC.

It is a white pearl exterior with black interior with Navigation. The navigation is cooler than I originally had envisioned it to be. A little bit involved and complicated, I have to admit, but my awesome saleman showed me the basics and it looks to be quite user-friendly, once you get the hang of it.
Another thing, having a 2005 TSX for my wife, I was very pleasantly surprised with the autodoor lock on drive and unlock on stopping feature.

The suspension does ride very stiff, but also does soak up the different road imperfections Vancouver is famous for, quite well. It is a good balance between performance and comfort IMHO.

Overall, my son and I are quite happy with it, first impressions.

The rearview camera is fine, resolution is not terribly sharp, but it is not bad (unlike what some of the posters here had complained about).

Won't be testing the turbo and VTEX much, even after the engine is properly broken-in. Didn't buy the RDX for "road-racing". But will appreciate and use the available passing power as needed.

Will post pics when I get the first chance to park it somewhere more scenic.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats On Your Rdx, You Say You Will Not Be Testing Your Turbo But I Am Pretty Sure You Will Not Even Know When The Turbo Kicks In Unless You Look At Your Turbo Gauge, My Girl Calls It Her Mini Cooper With Ground Clearance. Enjoy And Good Luck
Old 04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
rdxsteverino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard and enjoy your ride! Be sure to post to the RDX Owners Sign In thread.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Instructor

congrats on the new ride And the turbo will be working for ya even if you plan on not using it.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mav238
Finally, after 4 weeks of waiting, I picked up my brand new RDX from my dealer at Burrard Acura in Vancouver, BC.

It is a white pearl exterior with black interior with Navigation. The navigation is cooler than I originally had envisioned it to be. A little bit involved and complicated, I have to admit, but my awesome saleman showed me the basics and it looks to be quite user-friendly, once you get the hang of it.
Another thing, having a 2005 TSX for my wife, I was very pleasantly surprised with the autodoor lock on drive and unlock on stopping feature.

The suspension does ride very stiff, but also does soak up the different road imperfections Vancouver is famous for, quite well. It is a good balance between performance and comfort IMHO.

Overall, my son and I are quite happy with it, first impressions.

The rearview camera is fine, resolution is not terribly sharp, but it is not bad (unlike what some of the posters here had complained about).

Won't be testing the turbo and VTEX much, even after the engine is properly broken-in. Didn't buy the RDX for "road-racing". But will appreciate and use the available passing power as needed.

Will post pics when I get the first chance to park it somewhere more scenic.
wow...4 weeks for delivery, eh...was it cuz of colour options that took so long?

i'm still thinking to buy one in early july, but wonder if i need to place an order sooner to get it...did dealer say anything about availability of other colours? i'll probably buy from burrrard acura as well...i really like the salesman i dealt with there when i first looked at the car.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by number84
wow...4 weeks for delivery, eh...was it cuz of colour options that took so long?

i'm still thinking to buy one in early july, but wonder if i need to place an order sooner to get it...did dealer say anything about availability of other colours? i'll probably buy from burrrard acura as well...i really like the salesman i dealt with there when i first looked at the car.

White/Black combo is one of the more popular ones, together with the carbon pearl.

I really enjoyed the sales experience at Burrard Acura. Ricardo Lau was the salesman and he really made it a pleasant experience buying a car there. I know it may not have been the same experience for everyone else, but I have to add that my contact with the sales people at Lougheed Acura, especially one named Yuri, was really unpleasant, and I was just there to get more information, with the intention to follow up with a purchase. They were plain uncourteous and made me feel like it was a priviledge to buy from their dealership.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Instructor

White/Black combo is one of the more popular ones, together with the carbon pearl.

I really enjoyed the sales experience at Burrard Acura. Ricardo Lau was the salesman and he really made it a pleasant experience buying a car there. I know it may not have been the same experience for everyone else, but I have to add that my contact with the sales people at Lougheed Acura, especially one named Yuri, was really unpleasant, and I was just there to get more information, with the intention to follow up with a purchase. They were plain uncourteous and made me feel like it was a priviledge to buy from their dealership.
hmm...i am thinking of carbon pearl...

ricardo is the salesman that helped me out too...really nice guy...if you don't mind, can i ask if you were able to negotiate anything...PM me if you don't want to share it in the forums...just hoping that i can knock a few bucks of off MSRP...i actually got a quote from a broker for about 1500 off MSRP (can't remember the exact amount though...need to check my old email), but i think i'd rather buy it from a dealer if possible
Old 04-16-2007, 03:12 AM
Intermediate

can i know how much is that?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

ricardo is the salesman that helped me out too...really nice guy...if you don't mind, can i ask if you were able to negotiate anything...PM me if you don't want to share it in the forums...just hoping that i can knock a few bucks of off MSRP...i actually got a quote from a broker for about 1500 off MSRP (can't remember the exact amount though...need to check my old email), but i think i'd rather buy it from a dealer if possible

I got a similar type discount as indicated by you, but my main discount was in my trade-in, as it was a SAAB, and resale value was really poor. But I was able to get an extra $2000 up from what what the highest value in the black book indicate. Plus, the resale value kept dropping for my SAAB, the wait also benefited me, as if I had waited longer to buy the RDX, I would not have gained the extra $2000 in trade-in value.

The sales manager even spent the time with me to apologize for the unnecessary long wait (which I knew they really didn't have a control over). Irregardless of what the discounts are, ultimately, it is the service that makes me wanna buy from a particular dealership.

I have to say again: Burrard Acura service =

Lougheed Acura service =
Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Burning Brakes

my second day of driving the RDX.

Man, this CUV really handles well, if it weren't for the CUV body, it would probably outhandle the TSX. Steering is well weighted, lots of feedback and enough weight on it during medium to high speed driving.

Seats are very firm, but overall comfortable for long drives.

Stereo is good, but have yet to really test the DVD-audio quality. Will purchase a DVD-audio disc to try it out.

Fit and finish quality is veru much to Acura standards.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Sales at Camco Acura

DVD quality

Man, this CUV really handles well, if it weren't for the CUV body, it would probably outhandle the TSX. Steering is well weighted, lots of feedback and enough weight on it during medium to high speed driving.

Stereo is good, but have yet to really test the DVD-audio quality. Will purchase a DVD-audio disc to try it out.

Your salesman should have a demo DVD audio disc available if you purchased the tech package. If you read the specs between a base (360-watt, 7speakers) vs tech (410-watt, 10 speakers), seems not too much a difference, but You'll notice the quality of dvd audio, gives a very nice rich surround sound.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Racer

You should be able to do much better than $1500 off MSRP. I just bought a RDX for $600 under invoice (over $3500 under MSRP). This is in the San Francisco area. I just called or e-mailed all the local dealers. Everyone was willing to sell for invoice price ($3000 under MSRP) and a couple went hundreds below that.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts

You should have received a DVD audio Demonstration disk with the car, at least if you bought the car in the US, you would have, not sure if it's different in Canada.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TomCamco
Your salesman should have a demo DVD audio disc available if you purchased the tech package. If you read the specs between a base (360-watt, 7speakers) vs tech (410-watt, 10 speakers), seems not too much a difference, but You'll notice the quality of dvd audio, gives a very nice rich surround sound.
Just curious, was it easy for you to pair up your bluetooth phone with the NAV system?
Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by johnny99
You should be able to do much better than $1500 off MSRP. I just bought a RDX for $600 under invoice (over $3500 under MSRP). This is in the San Francisco area. I just called or e-mailed all the local dealers. Everyone was willing to sell for invoice price ($3000 under MSRP) and a couple went hundreds below that.
i think the market is a little different here in canada...seems most people can't get much of a discount off of MSRP...which is a little disappointing.

i rechecked the amount from the broker and it is just over $1100 off MSRP...

actually hoping for a good trade-in value as well...let's see how it goes.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had no problems pairing phones to the RDX. I have paired three phone so far and they worked fine. I find that you have to let the phone do the work and not wait for the RDX to see the phone. Once it starts looking for your phone, do whatever you need to do to complete the pairing using the phone.

Works every time.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Racer

Just curious, was it easy for you to pair up your bluetooth phone with the NAV system?
My salesman paired my phone for me. In general, I think Japanese phones (e.g., Sony) are always easy to pair with Japanese cars. Euro phones sometimes have problems, especially older ones. Korean and Taiwanese phones are somewhere in between.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Advanced

congrats on your new RDX!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
My dad also bought a car (not RDX though) at Burrard Acura and I agree, the service there is pretty good. The salesman we were dealing with was Sandy Hui. I think they tend to give you more money for trade-ins, and not giving too much discount. But then I think the demand for the RDX here is pretty high (4 weeks of waiting??), so they don't really need discount to sell.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iforyou
My dad also bought a car (not RDX though) at Burrard Acura and I agree, the service there is pretty good. The salesman we were dealing with was Sandy Hui. I think they tend to give you more money for trade-ins, and not giving too much discount. But then I think the demand for the RDX here is pretty high (4 weeks of waiting??), so they don't really need discount to sell.
My salesman gave me a very reasonable discount on the RDX, despite the high demand for it. They were very willing to make the deal with me, and showed the interest in getting my business, unlike Lougheed Acura, which literally told me that they will show customers the door if the number given to them is unreasonable to them. I say again, this salesman actually used the word "show the customer the door".... What the???
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
What about the service department? I have never serviced my car at Burrard Acura since I used to live closer to Lougheed Acura and now I live close to Richmond Acura. Any previous experience with your TSX at Burrard Acura?

And..what kind of customer service is that.....show the customer the door....i guess they judge on people by how much they are willing to pay....
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iforyou
What about the service department? I have never serviced my car at Burrard Acura since I used to live closer to Lougheed Acura and now I live close to Richmond Acura. Any previous experience with your TSX at Burrard Acura?

And..what kind of customer service is that.....show the customer the door....i guess they judge on people by how much they are willing to pay....
The service department at Burrard Acura is pretty decent.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
7th Gear

RDX not sell well in States, but seems sell well in Vancouver