Fastest you ever gone.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:06 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
1) I think part of the problem is mav and trip think people are doing this all the time every day, that 110mph was 1x not 5 or 6, other than that never gone above 90mph.
2) Speeding tickets are our problem not yours, thanks for the concern.
3) All this stuff about bystanders, what part of noone around dont you understand? I just dont get it. I havent seen one post about people going high speeds past people walking on the sidewalk or driving next to them. Fine you dont approve, some people want to see what it can do and yes the track is the LEGAL place to do it, but chastizing people is not the way to make a point. On that note, your point is made.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neo1738
1) I think part of the problem is mav and trip think people are doing this all the time every day, that 110mph was 1x not 5 or 6, other than that never gone above 90mph.
2) Speeding tickets are our problem not yours, thanks for the concern.
3) All this stuff about bystanders, what part of noone around dont you understand? I just dont get it. I havent seen one post about people going high speeds past people walking on the sidewalk or driving next to them. Fine you dont approve, some people want to see what it can do and yes the track is the LEGAL place to do it, but chastizing people is not the way to make a point. On that note, your point is made.
+111111111111
Old 06-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New record last night driving home from LAX on I-105 of 126 MPH. Shhhhh, please don't tell the CHP.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
East Coast Crew

The highway speed limit in NY is 50. Everyone drives 60-70 mph. It's no big deal. Cops don't stop you unless you go 75-80 mph.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by visuelz
The highway speed limit in NY is 50. Everyone drives 60-70 mph. It's no big deal. Cops don't stop you unless you go 75-80 mph.
O no is everybody being a road warrior then? Should we alert the state patrol to pull over everyone that is "endangering" the innocent bystanders? Uh oh what is the world coming to... all these "can't touch me" types speeding... hahaha
Old 06-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
220 KM/H (07TL-S). or 132 MPH.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Cruisin'

back to the topic.
myself: 100 mile/hr on a 1992 honda accord 2.2 L (once when i was 17 years old and careless). Then I have never speeding ever again in a TL.

well, TL has the potential to run faster than it speed meter indicates, and here is the evidence.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by porsherules911
O no is everybody being a road warrior then? Should we alert the state patrol to pull over everyone that is "endangering" the innocent bystanders? Uh oh what is the world coming to... all these "can't touch me" types speeding... hahaha
So very sad...

pride really can eat one up... I hope you are really laughing from your heart out...

either you get yourself killed because you think no one can tell you what not to do or what is right to do... or get someone hurt badly or killed...

I just saw last night, a car hitting a motorbike, and the rider was badly injured... again another case of too excessive speed on a surburban road... The young woman who hit the biker was really scared, well, she should have thought about it before going fast on those roads...

It is so sad to see that you guys think it is so funny about watching the speed on public roads...

when you end up on a stretcher or someone else does, maybe it will not be so funny anymore...

Old 06-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Racer

Spirited driving is one thing, maxing your car out on public roads is another. When you can't control the variables, you're asking other people to carry the risk of your behaviour.

Take it to the track, boys.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mav238
So very sad...

pride really can eat one up... I hope you are really laughing from your heart out...

either you get yourself killed because you think no one can tell you what not to do or what is right to do... or get someone hurt badly or killed...

I just saw last night, a car hitting a motorbike, and the rider was badly injured... again another case of too excessive speed on a surburban road... The young woman who hit the biker was really scared, well, she should have thought about it before going fast on those roads...

It is so sad to see that you guys think it is so funny about watching the speed on public roads...

when you end up on a stretcher or someone else does, maybe it will not be so funny anymore...

dude relax seriously enough with the preaching. I think this has been blown way out of proportion. Not everyone here speeds like a maniac so get that out of your head. This was a simple thread for people to post how fast they have gone thats it no strings attached.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 PM
07 RDX - Royal Blue/Ebony

Hey, let's start a thread about drowning puppies, I am sure we'll get some responses on that too.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Racer

It's quite tired and naive to keep issuing out these pointless lectures expressing your disdain for speeding on a discussion board as if someone was going to actually read your comments, stop speeding, and lead a life of orthodox Christianity just because you don't approve. What about the millions upon millions of other people out there that don't own an Acura - what about the millions of people out there that never heard of Acurazine.com?

What about the people out there that own cars much, much faster than anything Acura makes that do the same thing we do everyday on public roads? Hell, what about the hundreds of Acurazine members that own Acuras and nearly break the sound barrier everyday but don't say a damn thing about it on this discussion board so people like you won't chastise them like a bunch of bitter old granola bar-eating, braless, saggy breasted lesbians at a GLAD rally?

There are millions of car owners out there that have cars that can do over 100mph and you can bet your ass the vast majority of them aren't beating a path to their local race track to test their car's limits. They speed on public roads 24-7-365 and their ain't a damn thing you can do about it but complain.

Here's what really pisses me off: People like you that think they can deputize themselves into highway patrolmen by osmosis and cut off people driving faster than you on the highway and nearly cause an accident. People like you that make it a point to get in behind a person going faster than you and honk your horn and/or flash your bright lights at them like an idiot like you're the conscience of public roads. People like you that won't get their slow asses the hell out of the passing lane because you think you're doing a good deed. I fucking hate son of a bitches like that - they need to burn in hell with gasoline and used motor oil drenched swim suit and a nitroglycerin lolly pop in their mouths.

I know - why doesn't someone start up a thread where they talk about how many people they had to bull doze off the road because they wouldn't get the hell out of the way? Oh, oh I got a better idea. Why don't some of you law-abiding Christians start up a thread lamblasting Acura owners that peel the warning label of their mattresses after they purchase them? Oooooooh I bet you'll save a lot of souls that way.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sideswipe
It's quite tired and naive to keep issuing out these pointless lectures expressing your disdain for speeding on a discussion board as if someone was going to actually read your comments, stop speeding, and lead a life of orthodox Christianity just because you don't approve. What about the millions upon millions of other people out there that don't own an Acura - what about the millions of people out there that never heard of Acurazine.com?

What about the people out there that own cars much, much faster than anything Acura makes that do the same thing we do everyday on public roads? Hell, what about the hundreds of Acurazine members that own Acuras and nearly break the sound barrier everyday but don't say a damn thing about it on this discussion board so people like you won't chastise them like a bunch of bitter old granola bar-eating, braless, saggy breasted lesbians at a GLAD rally?

There are millions of car owners out there that have cars that can do over 100mph and you can bet your ass the vast majority of them aren't beating a path to their local race track to test their car's limits. They speed on public roads 24-7-365 and their ain't a damn thing you can do about it but complain.

Here's what really pisses me off: People like you that think they can deputize themselves into highway patrolmen by osmosis and cut off people driving faster than you on the highway and nearly cause an accident. People like you that make it a point to get in behind a person going faster than you and honk your horn and/or flash your bright lights at them like an idiot like you're the conscience of public roads. People like you that won't get their slow asses the hell out of the passing lane because you think you're doing a good deed. I fucking hate son of a bitches like that - they need to burn in hell with gasoline and used motor oil drenched swim suit and a nitroglycerin lolly pop in their mouths.

I know - why doesn't someone start up a thread where they talk about how many people they had to bull doze off the road because they wouldn't get the hell out of the way? Oh, oh I got a better idea. Why don't some of you law-abiding Christians start up a thread lamblasting Acura owners that peel the warning label of their mattresses after they purchase them? Oooooooh I bet you'll save a lot of souls that way.
Very well said... however I believe you may have provoked the preachers to give us another lecture haha. Please just save it to yourselves, majority of us don't want to hear it anymore.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Racer

Oh, excuse me everyone. I forgot to contribute my speeding experience to the thread.

I went 145mph in my black 2002 Acura 3.2 CLS, license plate number 43R752, through touch and go lunchtime traffic and enjoyed every second of it. Unfortunately, I accidently ran over a class of handicapped elementary school children at a school crossing. They were on a field trip going to McDonald's. But hey that's the price you pay for having the need for speed eh? The good news I only needed to replace the bumper and the left headlight. Anybody know where I can get an HID bulb cheap?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:04 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What a tool.....

I mean what a bunch of tools....
Old 06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by XIS
What a tool.....

I mean what a bunch of tools....

I'm a Craftsman 27083 Drill myself, thank you.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mav238
It is very interesting to note that people here in this thread is quite cocky and proud about how fast they actually did on public roads with their vehicle... Speaking from personal experience when I was much younger, things can happen really fast in a traffic situation at that kind of speed, and no matter how quick-minded or rapid your dexterity skills you think you have...
I guess sometimes we all think we are above it all, in complete total control, and all that crap about you only do it once in your life... Sure... what about the innocent people sharing the same road with you....

What if the tire blows while you are at 160 mph? some innocent bystander at the side street gets swiped because you lost total control of your car... if you lost control at 50 mph with the tire blowout, chances are that you will have much better control over your car then...
I've had three accidents in recent North American history. In the first two accidents I was rear-ended by some goofy ass teenagers that wasn't watching where they were going. I was going ZERO mph. The last one I was hit by an underaged drunk driver that made a U-turn into my car. I was going 30mph in a 35 mph speed limit zone.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, excuse me everyone. I forgot to contribute my speeding experience to the thread.

I went 145mph in my black 2002 Acura 3.2 CLS, license plate number 43R752, through touch and go lunchtime traffic and enjoyed every second of it. Unfortunately, I accidently ran over a class of handicapped elementary school children at a school crossing. They were on a field trip going to McDonald's. But hey that's the price you pay for having the need for speed eh? The good news I only needed to replace the bumper and the left headlight. Anybody know where I can get an HID bulb cheap?
Don't give up your day job...
Old 06-10-2007, 06:19 PM
大日本帝国

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree. I was cut off by a Toyota Echo in my SC doing 40MPH in the fast lane. I was going 75. The bitch had the nerve to brake check me twice after I had slowed to match her speed and flick me off when I went around her. This was after she boxed in an SUV by swerving into the lane he was changing to, causing him to slam on his brakes and veer into my path.

<- 213KMH or 132MPH on 280S, 5:30 in the morning, going back to San Jose with a seeping HG. I had a few friends visiting from Japan and they wanted to know what 200KMH felt like. Too bad my ride was smooth because they couldn't tell until I told them, haha. Fastest on a track was 89.0MPH with a BHG and developing rod knock, haha. That's a quarter-mile for you...

~Cheers~
Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Go90go
I wholeheartedly agree. I was cut off by a Toyota Echo in my SC doing 40MPH in the fast lane. I was going 75. The bitch had the nerve to brake check me twice after I had slowed to match her speed and flick me off when I went around her. This was after she boxed in an SUV by swerving into the lane he was changing to, causing him to slam on his brakes and veer into my path.

<- 213KMH or 132MPH on 280S, 5:30 in the morning, going back to San Jose with a seeping HG. I had a few friends visiting from Japan and they wanted to know what 200KMH felt like. Too bad my ride was smooth because they couldn't tell until I told them, haha. Fastest on a track was 89.0MPH with a BHG and developing rod knock, haha. That's a quarter-mile for you...

~Cheers~
I feel ya. I had a son of a bitch do that to me. I'm driving at 75 to pass a whole line of cars that were all stacked up in the passing lane (THE SLOW LANE IS FUCKING EMPTY) like a bunch of retards drafting in an imaginary retard NASCAR cup race. I get up to this guy that's holding everyone up (he's in an 07' Hond Civic SI), turn on my left turn signal and pass him just as he tries to cut me off by speeding up to pin me behind a slow ass 18-wheeler in the slow lane.

I drive for another 10 minutes minding my own business - in deep thought - when the dude in the Civic SI comes barreling up behind me like he was trying ot take my rear bumper off. I pump my brakes and send him diving into the emergency lane. Once again I'm minding my own business when the same idiot in the Civic came up on the slow lane to my left, slows down right next to my car and tries to ram me!! FUCK YES he tried to RAM ME!! I swerved into the emergency lane to keep the idiot from hitting my car and he swung his car into the passing lane and took off.

I got right up on him to get his tag number when he hits his whipers, shooting water all over my car. That fucking did it. An open stretch of road came up and he gunned it like the little bitch he really is. I gate shifted into 3rd and walked his pussy ass down. I passed him at about 120. As hard as he was pushing his car he couldn't get away from me. I pull over into the passing lane, sitting right in front of him, and just as I pulled over he slowed all the way down and kept a five carlength distance from me. I slowed down to 60mph then 55mph. Each time I slowed he would back off that much more. He wouldn't pass for the rest of the way (about 45 minutes) until I took my exit.

Ignorant fuck. He could have kept his distance the whole damn time instead of trying to ram me because he wasn't fast enough to cut me off, trying to play State Trooper with a whole Army convoy length line of cars behind him, which, in itself, is rotten as hell anyway.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Racer

You should look into some anger management. Road rage is a serious problem for you, clearly.

Where are the moderators in the forum, anyway? No wonder I spend most of my time at vtec.net.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
大日本帝国

FUCK YES he tried to RAM ME!!
That happened to me another time going back to San Jose, but the guy was in a POS spray-painted Neon. A quick call to CHP buddies solved tha, though, hehe.

~Cheers~
Old 06-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts

"People like you that...???...law abiding Christians...???"

Where in this thread are you finding the behavior and identity that you so graphically revile?

However, it may be better that you vent on the keyboard, rather than behind the wheel.

So...(as Luke asked Yoda): "Is the Dark Side stronger?"
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Newbie for Life

Point to ONE POST where someone has stated this....just one....(you'll be searching for a long, long time...)

You can't....you're just spouting off at the mouth.

Nice moniker by the way. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the way you drive your automobile.

It's quite simple - DON'T ENDANGER OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES by excessively speeding on public roads. 3:00 a.m. and a deserted highway with ZERO cars on the road - knock yourself out; however, I'm betting that some people posting these speeds were excessively speeding with others on the road.

Want to critic my driving habits? Feel free... As a sampler, I drive 80-85 in a 70 mph zone. I drive in the outside lane only to pass. I wholeheartedly agree that slower traffic SHOULD yield to a faster car and get over. I don't tailgate. I don't bob/weave thru traffic, and will ONLY pass on the right if the slower car in the outside lane is oblivious to my presence behind for a good stretch of road.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Point to ONE POST where someone has stated this....just one....(you'll be searching for a long, long time...)

You can't....you're just spouting off at the mouth.

Nice moniker by the way. I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the way you drive your automobile.

It's quite simple - DON'T ENDANGER OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES by excessively speeding on public roads.[ 3:00 a.m. and a deserted highway with ZERO cars on the road - knock yourself out; however, I'm betting that some people posting these speeds were excessively speeding with others on the road.

Want to critic my driving habits? Feel free... As a sampler, I drive 80-85 in a 70 mph zone. I drive in the outside lane only to pass. I wholeheartedly agree that slower traffic SHOULD yield to a faster car and get over. I don't tailgate. I don't bob/weave thru traffic, and will ONLY pass on the right if the slower car in the outside lane is oblivious to my presence behind for a good stretch of road.

DON'T ENDANGER OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES by excessively speeding on public roads.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by XLR8R
"People like you that...???...law abiding Christians...???"

Where in this thred are you finding the behavior and identity that you so graphically revile?

However, it may be better that you vent on the keyboard, rather than behind the wheel.

So...(as Luke asked Yoda): "Is the Dark Side stronger?"
Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by c_hunter
Hey, let's start a thread about drowning puppies, I am sure we'll get some responses on that too.

Nuff Said.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Racer

Praise the Lord.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Newbie for Life

Maturity runs rampant in this thread...
Old 06-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porsherules911
if you drive the speed limit then you would have been run off the road by now
Go the speed limit in chicago, and you WILL get ran off the road by a SEMI! And i am not joking, ...unfortunately, youd better keep up with the flow or you will face consequences...
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by ankur914
Go the speed limit in chicago, and you WILL get ran off the road by a SEMI! And i am not joking, ...unfortunately, youd better keep up with the flow or you will face consequences...
Agree 100%! Of course, most large metropolitan cities are similar in that regard.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tripp11
Agree 100%! Of course, most large metropolitan cities are similar in that regard.

Hahaha..yea...but I do like your method of driving you described above...I like to refer to it as "safe Speeding" LOL...Thats how i drive most of the time....lol, (there have been a few instances where i was that guy, or should i say Jerk....but as of late, that "guy/jerk" is gone.,...)
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Newbie for Life

Hahaha..yea...but I do like your method of driving you described above...I like to refer to it as "safe Speeding" LOL...Thats how i drive most of the time....lol, (there have been a few instances where i was that guy, or should i say Jerk....but as of late, that "guy/jerk" is gone.,...)
LOL

My "beef" is only with those select few people who excessively speed on public roads with other cars around. There's no need to be "testing the limits" of your car or "stop light racing" among other drivers. It's foolish and will get someone killed.

Good luck in Chi-town and watch out for those "sleds" which are in the outside lane and there exit is 1/8th of a mile away and they are determined to make that exit and come across 6 lanes of traffic - I can't count the number of times I've seen this happen in Chicago.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Instructor

I went 185mph and then I woke up LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Racer

Oh lord have mercy on you!! You must be lying!! Every tax-paying, law-abiding, red-blooded, American in this U.S. of A. drives the posted speed limit here in North America buddy! You must be one of those illegal immigrants or something. Let me tell you something. Us Americans around here don't believe in going above the speed limit and those that do deserve punishment to the fullest extent of the law!! Praise the Lord!!!

Take it to the track you Heathen!!
Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Racer

Safe speeding.......hmmmmm.....sounds like an oxymoron to me. Maybe just a moron. How do you speed safely? Do you turn your emergency signals on and politely traverse down the emergency lane? Do you tie a red rag around the radio antena of your automobile - signaling to other passenger cars you will be speeding safely? Do the local police and state troopers give you a hall monitor demerit instead of a speeding ticket because you declare yourself as speeding safely? Because where I come from, this tiny planet called earth, cops don't give a damn whether you're speeding safely or wrecklessly. You're going to get a ticket. Just my two dollars.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
大日本帝国

Come to CA and do the speed limit on the 405. Or 280. Either way, you're going to get rear-ended, or you're going to rear-end someone (due to traffic). Why can't some of you guys see the sarcasm in some of Sideswipe's posts? Do you guys really need it pointed out to you?

~Cheers~
Old 06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Meat Popsicle

Maybe because sarcasm is supposed to be clever.
Not just nasty.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Go90go
Come to CA and do the speed limit on the 405. Or 280. Either way, you're going to get rear-ended, or you're going to rear-end someone (due to traffic). Why can't some of you guys see the sarcasm in some of Sideswipe's posts? Do you guys really need it pointed out to you?

~Cheers~
They are protected from my blastphemous ways.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lilfeat
Maybe because sarcasm is supposed to be clever.
Not just nasty.

"You are so right. We're safe Volvo owners. We don't think he's very funny either."

Quick Reply: Fastest you ever gone.