Fastest you ever gone.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fastest you ever gone.

I hit 120mph at a track in jersey. Very stable at high speeds and keeps pulling it seems. I'm pretty impressed with this car so far.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
East Coast Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive hit 100 on the Staten Island Expressway =x
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Advanced

I hit 120 on 95 in DE late at night.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Instructor

121 mph on I-105 in LA today. Very smooth!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
donnie

I've done 135 in my 05 RL
Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Advanced

Wow! You guys are having way too much fun! I don't get a chance to let her really go but I have visited the 95 mph mark in the RDX. I remember hitting 120+ mph in my old Honda Prelude years ago....
Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Only the first poster was considerate enough not to get their "need for speed" fix on an open public road. Kudos to him for taking it to the track.

The rest of you...
Old 06-04-2007, 08:56 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Next Thread will be:

How Fast Were You Going Before You Killed Someone?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Instructor

It is dangerous on open road, a lot of people are guilty of driving fast when they feel they're not endangering anyone and I myself have been guilty of it at one time or another.

Though, an 11 point suspension for speeding a few years ago kept my speeding on the tracks. And I think I got very lucky, a few more mph on the radar they would've taken my audi.

Just be safe and responsible.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The thrill of wanting to see what the car can do at high speeds is very tempting indeed... but 135 mph!!!

Are guys driving on an autobahn??? The cops would need a helicopter to chase you guys down... and if I was the cop, I would shoot your tires to blow you out and slow you down immediately...

This is crazy... anything above 80 mph is happening at a very fast rate... your reflexes are not that fast... some innocent driver, making a legitimate lane change, didn't realize that you could creep up behind him so quickly, and ...................

Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
me,gill,and tl-s

145 in the integra took about 5 miles to get to speed was a blast, i hit the governor racing a wrx but that was years ago i have sense learned my lesson with the cost of my insurance gone through the roof. don't speed on public roads.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i understand people's concerns for people speeding however people arent going to change because you yell at them on the computer, they need to learn first hand, and as unfortunate as it is, that is life. btw only 110mph on NYS Thruway late at night
Old 06-04-2007, 03:46 PM
XIS
Lizard King

Hope you all learn fast.... in one car incidents or via the fuzz.....
Old 06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by neo1738
i understand people's concerns for people speeding however people arent going to change because you yell at them on the computer, they need to learn first hand, and as unfortunate as it is, that is life. btw only 110mph on NYS Thruway late at night
The reason why other people get involved, whether it be on an internet forum or in person, is that YOU and people just like YOU are endangering innocent bystanders.

Want to drive 100+ mph and do it in a responsible manner? Take it to a track.

Don't endanger me and my family by taking your excessive speeding to the public roads.

The only time people like you truly get it is when you end up on your roof.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
143mph 2 days ago on I82 at 2 in the morning and was slowing down and got clocked at 98mph by state patrol. he was nice enough to give me a ticket for going 90 in 70 it was like $162. going fast costs money and some people there lives so don't really recommend it.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Photographer

Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
143mph 2 days ago on I82 at 2 in the morning and was slowing down and got clocked at 98mph by state patrol. he was nice enough to give me a ticket for going 90 in 70 it was like $162. going fast costs money and some people there lives so don't really recommend it.
going fast here in Hawaii can cost you your car. 30+ mph over the speed limit they can impound your car, you go to jail and get the ticket. not worth it here in Hawaii besides on Oahu theres no room for us to reach high speeds. with that said 80 mph
Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 PM
luvs redheads!

only in an RDX?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
5th Gear

Haven't had the RDX over 80mph, (just got it last week), but have had my previous car up to 160mph in the blink of an eye.

Steven
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Burning Brakes

It is very interesting to note that people here in this thread is quite cocky and proud about how fast they actually did on public roads with their vehicle... Speaking from personal experience when I was much younger, things can happen really fast in a traffic situation at that kind of speed, and no matter how quick-minded or rapid your dexterity skills you think you have...
I guess sometimes we all think we are above it all, in complete total control, and all that crap about you only do it once in your life... Sure... what about the innocent people sharing the same road with you....

What if the tire blows while you are at 160 mph? some innocent bystander at the side street gets swiped because you lost total control of your car... if you lost control at 50 mph with the tire blowout, chances are that you will have much better control over your car then...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
XIS
Lizard King

Your key phrase...when I was younger.

These punk KIDS will learn...the hard way. They need to grow up..faster than their top speed.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

I don't drive that fast, but I would hope that all these cases of 100+mph on public roads were done with no other cars in visible sight except maybe in a rear view mirror, and there were no cross streets.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sasair
I don't drive that fast, but I would hope that all these cases of 100+mph on public roads were done with no other cars in visible sight except maybe in a rear view mirror, and there were no cross streets.
True...

But think of the F1 races... there, where a car loses control, the carnage caused is terrible... but the spectators, 99% of the time, is well protected by deep barricades of tires and concrete and fences... Also the drivers in other cars are sitting in well designed steel cage environment, which help them to have better survivability in such high speed impacts... yet, drivers do still get fatally injured...

so what do we have... NHTSA car safety ratings??? 5-star rating??? yes, but at what speed??? Ask NHTSA and they will tell you such ratings are not at 160 or 180 mph... but rather at more typical speeds such as 55 or 65 mph...

You (our glorious speed demons in this thread) may think you are untouchable or superman, but the poor guy driving next to you or innocent pedestrian standing somewhere nearby, is definitely not ...
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 AM
2016 MDX Adv/SHAWD

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by sasair

if you have ever seen the NYS thruway, above exit 17 there is nothign in site and no exits for 17-20mi apart, that said yes there was no one else in sight. I wouldnt put others at risk for my actions.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neo1738
if you have ever seen the NYS thruway, above exit 17 there is nothign in site and no exits for 17-20mi apart, that said yes there was no one else in sight. I wouldnt put others at risk for my actions.
yup... good for you... but tell that to the cop who happen to stop you... "there was no one else in sight, officer"... and he will reply ... "You didn't see me did you?"...

The only autobahn like Interstate freeway I am aware of is the one running east-west across Montana. Because, really, cars are typically quite scarce on that freeway...

110mph or 180 km/h, should really be left to the autobahn freeways or the track...

I once saw a sports car with a tire very poorly inflated, running at greater than 80mph on a freeway, I tried to catch up to him to let him know of the danger... and stupid me, I forgot to think about this... he thought I was trying to race with him... He went faster, and sped up to 130 mph, I was not going to be part of anything seriously happening... and guess what... it happened... his tire blew out and he almost lost total control of his control spinning a bit... I could only slow down far away, trying to get out of his way... Thankfully, he was okay, I saw him got out and cursing and swearing... as i passed him, he looked embaressed, realizing I was simply just trying to warn him of the danger...

Moral of the story... things that can happen (tire blow out or slippery oil patch on road), can happen really really fast at those kind of speeds, and even if you have SH-AWD, super sport suspension, you are not invinsible...
Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by mav238
Moral of the story... things that can happen (tire blow out or slippery oil patch on road), can happen really really fast at those kind of speeds, and even if you have SH-AWD, super sport suspension, you are not invinsible...
Mav - People with egos infinitely larger than their brains don't care. Most people who drive excessively fast merely think they can control their car at such high speeds, but you bring up a point that will most assuredly fall on deaf ears and be ignored - what happens if you have a mechanical failure while driving at such a speed?

Chances are you'll wreck, and in a BIG way. God help any innocent bystander around while the carnage lets loose though...
Old 06-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Numbers in MPH.

135 in my Intergra .

115 in the TL - Much more to live for now, plus I ran out of road.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Instructor

In the RDX, I think the fastest I have been so far is about 80-85 mph. I typically drive over the speed limit, but without being what I consider reckless. I did drive my Prelude faster than that a few times and while I love the RDX, I don't feel the same level of comfort in it at higher speeds.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ajdigerati
Numbers in MPH.

135 in my Intergra .

115 in the TL - Much more to live for now, plus I ran out of road.

to you and to all those who have been so proud of your courage and indifference to safety at reaching those speeds on public roads...

I guess that was what you were targeting to get when boasting about it .. eh?

since you guys are already at 135mph, what's another 30mph... 160 or 180 mph would be even more exciting, wouldn't it? I am sure the RDX will comply... hey, following that, you can come back here and boast that you took off like a plane to timbuctuu...
Old 06-08-2007, 02:01 AM
07 RDX w/Tech

Some of you folks need to seriously get over yourself, ahem...mav238.

I've driven several vehicles on public roads in excess of 100mph...in the middle of a New Mexico desert or on I-10 in west Texas in the middle of nowhere or on I-90 an hour east of Sioux Falls, SD...

Quit your f'ing preachy crap to everyone on here who is simply answering a question. If you drive the speed limit everywhere you go then I'll be happy to call out the Girl Scouts to drop by and give you a medal or ribbon or something.

Some of us buy high performance vehicles, because, well...we like high performance.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Instructor

if you drive the speed limit then you would have been run off the road by now
Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by kenjr
Some of us buy high performance vehicles, because, well...we like high performance.
Ever given any thought of taking your high performance vehicle to a track sponsored event where you can COMPETE with other high performance vehicles?

Or do you just choose to run 100+ mph on a public road, by yourself, just for the fun of it?

Seriously, how much fun is it to excessively speed on a public road? Or perhaps you get a high with merely the risk of having an officer clock you and attempt to stop you.

Plain and simple, such high speeds on a public road isn't smart.

Then you have the nerve to call out a poster for merely looking out for YOUR safety, but more importantly, any innocent bystander's safety whose life you could ruin with one wrong twitch of the wheel.

Ego>Intelligence
Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porsherules911
if you drive the speed limit then you would have been run off the road by now

Ummm... what kind of attitude is that? Please say that to a police officer, every time he/she stops you for clocking excessive speed.

Typical speed limit on most interstates are 65mph . don't you egotistical road warrior speedster think that 50-80 mph over the limit on a public rioad is excessive?

I have seen many of your types on the road... the "can't touch me" attitude... Seen many of your types too, being pulled off the road by a cop, with this "give me a break" frustrated look and the officer taking an extra 30-45 mins of your time away from speeding.

I am not saying nobody exceeds the speedlimit, yeah, 5-15 mph over the limit, but 50-80 mph over the limit!!!

I think you road warriors are reacting to this reality check, because you don't like being told that you are really excessively speeding on public roads and is plain wrong to do so, law-wise and for public safety... pride and ego is dented...

Are there medals to be handed out along the freeways everytime you pass the 100 mph mark? More like speeding tickets...or could be worse.............
Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porscherule11
Some of you folks need to seriously get over yourself, ahem...mav238.

I've driven several vehicles on public roads in excess of 100mph...in the middle of a New Mexico desert or on I-10 in west Texas in the middle of nowhere or on I-90 an hour east of Sioux Falls, SD...

Quit your f'ing preachy crap to everyone on here who is simply answering a question. If you drive the speed limit everywhere you go then I'll be happy to call out the Girl Scouts to drop by and give you a medal or ribbon or something.

Oh thank you for calling out the girl scouts... make sure they are the pretty ones too...

Sure, seriously, I like high performance cars too, but I test out the car's true performance on a real race car tarmac, where if I spin out, it's in an area where I know nobody else that is not part of the racing, is around...

I tested out my old 2001 330i at a race track where BMW was hosting a test-drive/race. It was fun and awesome pushing the 330i to the limit, but we were all part of the race together, and knew what we were getting into. Again... away from public roads...

"I bought a high-performance car like the RDX, so I will drive it the way I like it on the public road, to H%^&#@@ with public safety"... that is the kind of attitude you bring to the public road everyday??? What colour is your RDX and license plate? When I am in Austin. TX, I make sure I stay the heck out of your way...or maybe call the cops to take note of you, or maybe they already know you well???
Old 06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Race Director

is this just in an RDX or any car?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
07 RDX w/Tech

You are a piece of work, Mav...

I haven't had a ticket in 10 years - and only been in one very minor accident that wasn't my fault. You seriously need to quit judging people as you have no idea what kind of driving skill I have - or anyone else for that matter. For what it's worth, I've taken my RDX (and 2 other vehicles I used to own) to tracks and have also been to 3 driving schools where I learned all about driving at high speeds. So quite frankly, I watch out for people like you - trust me, you do do NOT need to be watching out for someone like me. Just because I speed a little now and then most definitely does not make me a careless driver.

So, when you are out on an open road in the middle of nowhere and have passed 3 cars in the last 30 minutes...have fun driving 5mph over the speed limit in the high performance vehicle that you just paid almost $40k for.

My average speed in this environment might be 85-90 mph wich is 15-20 over the posted speed limit, but occasionally I'll push it up when I've got a nice open stretch for a short period just to have a little fun.

If anyone gets hurt - it's going to be me. So get off your soapbox. Or, if you want to stay up there then start preaching to folks who don't wear their seatbelts or motorcycle riders who wear no helmets, folks that drink and drive, etc...

I'm done with this thread and I'm tired of reading your preachy bullshit. It's the U.S of A and if I want to speed a little and risk a ticket driving in the middle of nowhere then I'm going to do it - and some doof on a message board isn't going to affect my decision to do so one way or another.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kenjr
You are a piece of work, Mav...

I haven't had a ticket in 10 years - and only been in one very minor accident that wasn't my fault. You seriously need to quit judging people as you have no idea what kind of driving skill I have - or anyone else for that matter. For what it's worth, I've taken my RDX (and 2 other vehicles I used to own) to tracks and have also been to 3 driving schools where I learned all about driving at high speeds. So quite frankly, I watch out for people like you - trust me, you do do NOT need to be watching out for someone like me. Just because I speed a little now and then most definitely does not make me a careless driver.

So, when you are out on an open road in the middle of nowhere and have passed 3 cars in the last 30 minutes...have fun driving 5mph over the speed limit in the high performance vehicle that you just paid almost $40k for.

My average speed in this environment might be 85-90 mph wich is 15-20 over the posted speed limit, but occasionally I'll push it up when I've got a nice open stretch for a short period just to have a little fun.

If anyone gets hurt - it's going to be me. So get off your soapbox. Or, if you want to stay up there then start preaching to folks who don't wear their seatbelts or motorcycle riders who wear no helmets, folks that drink and drive, etc...

I'm done with this thread and I'm tired of reading your preachy bullshit. It's the U.S of A and if I want to speed a little and risk a ticket driving in the middle of nowhere then I'm going to do it - and some doof on a message board isn't going to affect my decision to do so one way or another.

I agree, enough preaching!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:06 AM
07 RDX w/Tech

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
is this just in an RDX or any car?
145 in my RDX (on a track)

180 in a Corvette Z06 (on a track)

175 in a Porsche 911 Turbo (on a track)

160 in a Audi S4 (on a track)
Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
07 RDX w/Tech

Then you have the nerve to call out a poster for merely looking out for YOUR safety, but more importantly, any innocent bystander's safety whose life you could ruin with one wrong twitch of the wheel.

I was driving from Omaha, NE back to Des Moines, IA one evening and was probably going about 95mph and hit a couple raccoon's crossing a desolate stretch of I-80.

Do they count as innocent bystander's?

Seriously, where the hell do you think people are driving 100+mph? If anyone is doing it where there even *might* be a bystander, then yes, they are fools. However, I highly doubt it (at least the folks on this board).
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mav238
Ummm... what kind of attitude is that? Please say that to a police officer, every time he/she stops you for clocking excessive speed.

Typical speed limit on most interstates are 65mph . don't you egotistical road warrior speedster think that 50-80 mph over the limit on a public rioad is excessive?

I have seen many of your types on the road... the "can't touch me" attitude... Seen many of your types too, being pulled off the road by a cop, with this "give me a break" frustrated look and the officer taking an extra 30-45 mins of your time away from speeding.

I am not saying nobody exceeds the speedlimit, yeah, 5-15 mph over the limit, but 50-80 mph over the limit!!!

I think you road warriors are reacting to this reality check, because you don't like being told that you are really excessively speeding on public roads and is plain wrong to do so, law-wise and for public safety... pride and ego is dented...

Are there medals to be handed out along the freeways everytime you pass the 100 mph mark? More like speeding tickets...or could be worse.............
um what kind of attitude is that? Right back at ya buddy. First off I was being a bit sarcastic but I see you took it very seriously so my mistake. But then you go make all these assumptions? Whats up with that? You automatically assume I'm one of those can't touch me types? I go 50-80 over the speed limit?

I'll be the first to tell you that none of that is true for myself. Obviously we've all seen those can't touch me types, the people who needlessly weave in and out of traffic and just drive recklessly. Thats just stupidity at its finest. I'll be glad to tell you that the only times I really fly is when the road is EMPTY. Besdes theres soo many dam people on the roads nowadays that its nearly impossible to go that fast.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Cruisin'

RDX-120mph on the freeway. took about 15-20 seconds from 80-120mph, and then quickly back down to 80.

155 on my ducati (on a track)

Quick Reply: Fastest you ever gone.