Does anyone regret getting an RDX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomcat999
Problem is weight to torque technologies to date. Take a look at any hybrid to date:
Very limited range on batteries.
Limited performance.
Trunk/cargo areas half full of batteries= more weight and less usable space.
I just think the technologie has a long way to go.

I'm waiting for the 2012 RDX supreme with dilithium chrystals and a transporter to beam your ass outta there when you get pulled over for going over warp limitations!
Tom
I agree with you regarding the weight of the batteries, but technology has come a long way.

But your point about the batteries having limited range, that would be incorrect assumption. First of all, a hybrid, like the prius does not have limited range, because if driven in the city, the batteries are constantly being recharged during the deceleration cycle, and if the car detects an extended cruise, the gas engine kicks in. So for the typical city stop and go driving, most of it is in the battery mode.
But in terms of limited range, the combustion engine is always there to back it up when required. So your comment about limited range with hybrids is incorrect, unless you consider cars powered solely by battery power alone, hybrids (which is definitely incorrect).
I have driven a Toyota Highlander V6 hybrid, and man, that SUV does have good mileage in the city (comparable to a gas powered Civic). And on the freeway, the V6 engine takes over in cruising.
Lexus has already a prototype super high performance hybrid sports car, where the electric power churns out a tremendous torque, and after the initial acceleration, the gas engine kicks in to add the high horse power required to bring the car to top speed.

I agree hybrid technology still has some more development and refinement required. But as it stands today, aside from the additional cost required, the hybrid technology does work to help drop gas consumption, without a huge impact on performance.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ThePlainsman

Older Saturns may very well have been pieces of junk. I don't know and don't care because I didn't drive them or own them. What's relevant is today. Today, in 2008, the worm has turned.

I love my RDX but I don't see this huge quality difference between the two brands, when comparing the newest models. In some areas, my Acura is inferior. I remember when all Japanese brands were considered cheap pieces of junk by almost all Americans, but the wormed turned. Accept the fact that its turning again, except maybe not in Acura's favor.
No it hasn't....Saturns are still garbage, and the numbers show that...If you have to blab here about how great you email-program-named-vehicle to justify your purchase, fine, but GM products have a LONG way to go if they ever even would\could be able to catch up with Japanese quality.

And cool it with the fan boy comments...I don't see any of that on this board.
People are very critical about things in their Acuras they don't like.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As the owner of a 2007 Saturn Outlook XR and a 2008 Acura RDX Tech - both purchased brand new in 2007 - I can speak intelligently and without bias, unlike yourself, and say they do compare quality-wise, although the Outlook is really in the same size class as the MDX not the RDX. But the 2008 Saturn Vue - a German Opel with the Saturn badge - does compare favorably with the RDX.

I'm speaking as someone who'd never owned or driven a Saturn before last year, so I'm no fanboy. My RDX Tech is also my first Acura, although I'd driven a TL-Type S (my brother's) many times. So, if anybody is unbiased on this board, when it comes to comparing today's Saturns and Acuras, it's me because I have no history with either brand.

Older Saturns may very well have been pieces of junk. I don't know and don't care because I didn't drive them or own them. What's relevant is today. Today, in 2008, the worm has turned.

I love my RDX but I don't see this huge quality difference between the two brands, when comparing the newest models. In some areas, my Acura is inferior. I remember when all Japanese brands were considered cheap pieces of junk by almost all Americans, but the wormed turned. Accept the fact that its turning again, except maybe not in Acura's favor.
So according to your last jibberish- I am both unintelligent and biased! Wow!
That's a pretty intelligent thing to say about someone you don't even know.
Unlike you- I'm speaking as someone who HAS owned and driven Both Saturn And Acura -for that matter Honda, Chevrolet, Buick And Cadillac,among others. Unlike your foolish rationale- I Do have history with these brands. That's the difference here (if you choose to realize it). I HAVE made a well informed opinion of these vehicles based on MY experiences- Unlike you who has admittedly never owned either one before now. You can have your opinions here- but you'll soon realize what we're talking about and that is that after you've owned the Saturn for a while- you'll understand when you're on the side of the road pumping the On Star button, or in for expensive premature repairs- not to mention the inconvenience to say the least.
The difference between the two in sheer quality alone is SEISMIC!
Saturn- among others have come a long way- but still are not even comparable.
Keep learning little one! You'll see!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own an '07 RDX Tech and reeeaaallly like it. The only thing keeping me from loving it is the gas mileage. I know I bought a "luxury" car, but it's my first purchase and I wanted something that would last. Being in the film industry though, I don't have a steady job and work project to project...and those times where I'm in between projects...well I just wish I didn't have to divert so much of my funds to gas alone.

As for the Saturn vs. Acura thing:
- I've driven my girlfriend's Vue Hybrid so I have a small basis of comparison
- Vue WINS: driving around town. It handles pretty well, is peppier than the RDX in stop-and-go traffic (no low-end lag), has a smoother ride, and mileage is superior
- RDX WINS: better fit and finish (especially the interior), more responsive in highway driving, sharper handling, more stable in bad weather (to me anyway)

Of course, flip the RDX in Sports mode and it totally outperforms the Vue in every way.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
User-approved

Omigosh. Some people have the tendency to think out loud - or in print - and one can literally see a stream of consciousness in all its glory. Or something. I think that's what's happening here with the P-Man.

It's valid to challenge whether or not we should bear witness to this phenom in the RDX forum, that decision is up to our benevolent Mods. But Listen Up, Brothers & Sisters, have faith. The goodness that is Acura could bring P-Man around, sooner rather than later. He may come to care not about flappable mirrors, blinky DRLs, 7-way bun toasters or any other kerfluffle that the marketing hacks at GM have concocted to fleece the masses.

The bottom line here is if P-Man and others of his ilk (you KNOW who you are) find themselves attracted to the philosophy, passion, business plan and execution of the Acura paradigm. No Acura products (especially the RDX) exist to appeal to the dumb masses or even a share of the dumb masses. About the only model that may approach that is the MDX, yet even it is uniquely different in the market segment that has an appeal to discerning folks who have about 50 Big Bux to drop on one.

Acura plays to a niche. For the most part, they have become popular and even superior in preference because people get behind the wheel, take notice, pay attention, and are rewarded with attributes of Acura that are unique in their total execution, Day One and onward.

Remember the Legend. Acura should never have changed that name to TL. Just to prove I can criticize.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Dawgpatch3.7

Cool Acura "Ho"

I used to be a dedicated BMW snob .... till I got my first Acura ... a 93 Legend LS sedan in 93. Since then it's been nothin' but Acuras ... 93 Legend, 96 RL, 00 RL, 04 RL, 1st Gen MDX, now it's 04 TL and 08 RDX, and 07 RL.

I got the RDX Tech cause I liked it's looks, personality, and performance. It goes like a bat outta hell and will out handle most "sports cars" .... I knew about the ride and mileage statements before we got the RDX and my wife says she loves her RDX and would get another one in a minute ...... I travel frequently and I am most reassured that no matter what the weather conditions are, she can move around safely in her RDX ...... happy wife .... happy life

Besides that, I love telling my golf partner that I hope that 20k more he paid for his LS400 was worth it !!

The May issue of Car and Driver has a pic of the new 09 RL ...... check it out

I still enjoy driving my tricked out 90 Legend LS coupe on weekends but certain nefarious types have tried to steal it three times over the years so I gotta be careful about leaving it alone for too long on the street.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Intermediate

Getting back to the original thread, I had some buyer's remorse (gas mileage/rear styling, stiff ride) which have all but faded. Before getting the RDX, I looked at every car on the road, read every article, online review, talked to everyone who had a car I'd consider, and drove a few cars (Murano, BMW 330xi, G35, jeeps, mazda3). I still think the RDX was the best overall choice. As pointed out, the Acura consumer is discerning which can result in more buyer's remorse than say a BMW snob who cannot admit to a BMW's shortcomings or lack of value. I originally thought I'd get a BMW 330xi, but couldn't because the overall value, reliability, and practicality just weren't there. The X3 was even worse. You don't buy an Acura to impress anyone or turn heads-you get one because YOU know it is better than 95% of the cars on the road. Also, if you're looking at an Acura, you usually end up looking at a lot of cars because you can probably go up a class, or be practable and go down a class.

Yes, it would be great if the gas mileage was better, but every car its class gets the same mileage, but without the performance. In 1 year I've never seen my MID drop below 17.5 mpg (winter driving), and now that the weather is warming up, I'm getting 21.4 mpg. Stiff ride? It used to bother me, but not afteer some spirited, spring driving on potholed NH roads.

I do believe the RDX will become more refined, and if Acura is smart, they'll heed what is said on these forums. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boon
I own an '07 RDX Tech and reeeaaallly like it. The only thing keeping me from loving it is the gas mileage. I know I bought a "luxury" car, but it's my first purchase and I wanted something that would last. Being in the film industry though, I don't have a steady job and work project to project...and those times where I'm in between projects...well I just wish I didn't have to divert so much of my funds to gas alone.

As for the Saturn vs. Acura thing:
- I've driven my girlfriend's Vue Hybrid so I have a small basis of comparison
- Vue WINS: driving around town. It handles pretty well, is peppier than the RDX in stop-and-go traffic (no low-end lag), has a smoother ride, and mileage is superior
- RDX WINS: better fit and finish (especially the interior), more responsive in highway driving, sharper handling, more stable in bad weather (to me anyway)

Of course, flip the RDX in Sports mode and it totally outperforms the Vue in every way.
Good post, dude. Nice to see there are other posters are this board who aren't "haters."
Old 04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lumpulus
No it hasn't....Saturns are still garbage, and the numbers show that...If you have to blab here about how great you email-program-named-vehicle to justify your purchase, fine, but GM products have a LONG way to go if they ever even would\could be able to catch up with Japanese quality.

And cool it with the fan boy comments...I don't see any of that on this board.
People are very critical about things in their Acuras they don't like.
Numbers? What numbers? Sales? You're a victim of your own argument. If sales is the determinant than for the last several years Ford Taurus' must've been considered much better cars than any Acura model.

That few Jaguars and Porsches are sold must mean, then, those cars are pieces of junk?

Funny how you never criticized compliments on this board about the Infiniti EX35, but your throw a fit when someone compares a Saturn favorably to an Acura. You need to learn to respect other people's opinons and not be such a snob about American products.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Sporty X type

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Metz
Getting back to the original thread, I had some buyer's remorse (gas mileage/rear styling, stiff ride) which have all but faded. Before getting the RDX, I looked at every car on the road, read every article, online review, talked to everyone who had a car I'd consider, and drove a few cars (Murano, BMW 330xi, G35, jeeps, mazda3). I still think the RDX was the best overall choice. As pointed out, the Acura consumer is discerning which can result in more buyer's remorse than say a BMW snob who cannot admit to a BMW's shortcomings or lack of value. I originally thought I'd get a BMW 330xi, but couldn't because the overall value, reliability, and practicality just weren't there. The X3 was even worse. You don't buy an Acura to impress anyone or turn heads-you get one because YOU know it is better than 95% of the cars on the road. Also, if you're looking at an Acura, you usually end up looking at a lot of cars because you can probably go up a class, or be practable and go down a class.

Yes, it would be great if the gas mileage was better, but every car its class gets the same mileage, but without the performance. In 1 year I've never seen my MID drop below 17.5 mpg (winter driving), and now that the weather is warming up, I'm getting 21.4 mpg. Stiff ride? It used to bother me, but not afteer some spirited, spring driving on potholed NH roads.

I do believe the RDX will become more refined, and if Acura is smart, they'll heed what is said on these forums. Just my 2 cents.
Here here!! Well written. Metz
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Advanced

You don't buy an Acura to impress anyone or turn heads-you get one because YOU know it is better than 95% of the cars on the road. Also, if you're looking at an Acura, you usually end up looking at a lot of cars because you can probably go up a class, or be practable and go down a class.
Well said!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Trailingthrottleoversteer

I totally regretted the RDX once I bought it, but after one year+ of ownership, I can honestly say I like the car more now than when I bought it.
I beat it like a rental and have had no problems, and dust off many unsuspecting drivers daily. I highly recommend it to anyone considering the purchase. I will most likely trade it in on anew CTS in a few months, but it's not because I have problems with the car, it's because I want something new.
I'd say that the biggest problem (not that it's big at all) is this board. I've never seen so many "kool-aid" drinkers in my life. More so than the average message board. Peruse some of the posts, and you'll find Acura makes the greatest cars in the world. Period. End of Discussion. Dont mention any other brand, we cant have a civil discussion (discounting the irrelevant Plainsman comments). It's worn me down to the point that I've crossed the RL off my list because I dont care to be like some of those...But I still like the brand.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by HenryFL
When a turbo-deisel is offered for the rdx I will trade my 07 rdx in a second.
Gas mileage on future rdx buyers will be a HUDGE factor, so Acura will have to offer the diesel very soon. Picture it the RDX getting about 30-35 mpgs or better
I will give the RDX a closer look if/when it gets a diesel engine.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

F. Rizzo. Respectfully, don't less this or any other forum get to you. My guess is that 99% of car owners never join a forum. Every car worthy of an active forum will always have it's fanboys; Members of a forum aren't representative of typical owners. Only a few people are interested in performance/appearance mods, and every little squeak and rattle. Third, members of other forums are just as bad or worse - don't even try to get an objective opinion on a BMW forum. As far as Acura/Honda making the best cars in the world (overall), that's an opinion shared by Consumer reports, arguably the most objective guide. The bottom line is, if you love your car (and you admit you do), then you should enjoy it regardless of what other people say. If you like the RL, get an RL.

I agree with you that there have been some less than thoughtful/civil remarks made on this forum which devalues the point of belonging. Fortunately, this is the exception rather than the rule. Good luck with the CTS.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Go Buckeyes

+1, totally agree with you, When people come on this site to ask a simple question like the start of this thread, "Does any one regret getting the RDX". It is a simple yes (for these reasons) or No (for these reasons)
The problem starts when people start talking about how this car model (saturn BMW Lexus or what ever) is so much better and such. They love to pick arugments it seems because it has nothing to do with the original question.
Just my for what it is worth
Old 04-16-2008, 03:20 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
at first.. i was like.. 'wait a sec, this isn't as smooth as my TSX' lol... but now that I got a
2 week old baby.. the RDX has come in handy QUITE a few times...

1. would have NEVER been able to fit the crib into the TSX. flat crib box fit fine
into RDX with rear seats down.
2. would have NEVER been able to fit the crib mattress into the TSX.
3. would have NEVER been able to fit a new 50" LCD TV into TSX. It fit in
perfectly into RDX (without box) lying flat with rear seats folded down.
4. baby shower: hundreds of gifts.. stroller, swing set, assorted boxes.. would
have taken about 3 trips in the TSX to load/unload... got EVERYTHING in 1 trip
packed to it's maximum capacity in the RDX..using trunk, rear seats, and even
the front seat ...not to mention a total of 4 passengers (including driver).

so nope.. i got no regrets and look forward to the drive everytime I get in.

but... i still miss my TSX!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:41 PM
dio
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
You don't buy an Acura to impress anyone or turn heads-you get one because YOU know it is better than 95% of the cars on the road. Also, if you're looking at an Acura, you usually end up looking at a lot of cars because you can probably go up a class, or be practable and go down a class.
Bingo IMHO

Old 04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Acura604
at first.. i was like.. 'wait a sec, this isn't as smooth as my TSX' lol... but now that I got a
2 week old baby.. the RDX has come in handy QUITE a few times...

1. would have NEVER been able to fit the crib into the TSX. flat crib box fit fine
into RDX with rear seats down.
2. would have NEVER been able to fit the crib mattress into the TSX.
3. would have NEVER been able to fit a new 50" LCD TV into TSX. It fit in
perfectly into RDX (without box) lying flat with rear seats folded down.
4. baby shower: hundreds of gifts.. stroller, swing set, assorted boxes.. would
have taken about 3 trips in the TSX to load/unload... got EVERYTHING in 1 trip
packed to it's maximum capacity in the RDX..using trunk, rear seats, and even
the front seat ...not to mention a total of 4 passengers (including driver).

so nope.. i got no regrets and look forward to the drive everytime I get in.

but... i still miss my TSX!
Somehow, the dude at PC Richards stuffed a 40" LCD tv in my TSX, in the box no less. It barely fit in the back seat while sitting on the floor behind the front seats, and it took about 15 minutes of maneuvering to finally get it out, but it fit!

The extra room in the RDX would definitely be nice sometimes, though. I needed it when I bought an office chair and had it pre-assembled at Staples. I don't know how I got it home.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Instructor

"Better" is highly subjective. And that includes magazine opinions. It all depends on what one values. If you value the same thing in an automobile as some magazine reviewer, then I guess it is the best car on the road. If you don't, it isn't.

Fanboys assume everyone values what they do. BMW fanboys value certain qualities in a car; Acura fanboys value certain qualities. And, frankly, Saturn fanboys value certain qualities. Regardless of your automobile brand preference, if there were such a thing as a universal, completely objective opinion on the "best car" in the world, wouldn't everyone who could afford that car buy it? If Acura is so special, why are RDX sales unimpressive? Why aren't more people who can afford them buying them? Why are they buying Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, and, yes, Cadillacs from General Motors?

I don't get fanboys. I think fanboys have serious problems. I don't think fanboys have very happy lives. They seem to be fixated almost anally on one "type" of machine. I can proudly purchase an Acura or a Saturn, and I did both in 2007 (by the way, the Saturn cost more), and turn around in 2009 and trade 'em both in for a BMW and a Chrysler and not blink an eye. I like trying different things. Diversity is a good thing.

Anyway, back to my RDX Tech, which I very much enjoy. Today, I dusted an X5 on the interstate, then smoked one of those Volvo SUVs. The funniest thing is having CR-V drivers challenge you.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
User-approved

Originally Posted by F.Rizzo
I've never seen so many "kool-aid" drinkers in my life.
MMMmmmm.... Koooool-aaaaid....
Old 04-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dio
Bingo IMHO

+1
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BleuM&M
MMMmmmm.... Koooool-aaaaid....
please don't laugh but what does the Koolaid drinkers comment mean?
Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sluday
please don't laugh but what does the Koolaid drinkers comment mean?
decent explanation on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drink_t...he_Kool-Aid.22
Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 AM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Go Buckeyes

Plainsman:

This is why some people rag on you, why do you you have to always turn around and slam people by saying the have serious problems and don't have happy lives, just because they love a certain brand. It is just there opinion, just like it is yours.

I be the first one to say I do not agree with you the majority of the time but I do value your opinion, just like I hope you would value mine

Glad that you do enjoy the RDX Tech, I have 2007 myself, but i would not be saying the I dusted or smoked another vehicle, the RDX police will be calling you reckless.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:19 PM
10th Gear

Plainsman, first let me say that i hold no loyalty to any car company, at 37 years old i have owned and drove plenty. I leased my first Acura 3 weeks ago, and other than a lawn mower, a go cart, and a couple of dirt bikes, i have never owned another Honda product so i am no fan boy of anyone, nor do i hold a grudge against any other car brand. What irritates me so much is that rather than focus on your RDX's benefits and positives, or at the very least seeking constructive opinions on how to better its negatives you constantly use comparisons to other brands that just inflame and ire the other readers and posters to this forum. Everyone reads or becomes involved in these forums for different reasons. For me i find it an amazing venue to learn. So far i got the foam pads from Mr. Wong- awesome, and i purchased an ipod adapter based on peoples reviews, and right now my hidden hitch is being installed so i can use the bike rack that was recommended here. Not only has this forum saved me money by taking the guess work out of my purchases and preventing me from buying the wrong thing, it has also provided valuable insight on things that apply to all RDX drivers. And that right there is the key, if it doesnt apply to RDX drivers then don't offer it on this forum. Lastly, hate to burst your bubble but "fanboys" of any product often pressure manufacturers to improve their products by always taking the product to the next level, it is a reverse trickle down effect. As margins decrease and markets continue to tighten manufacturers constantly look at what their customers are saying about and doing with their products and it is that sort of thing that forums like this were created for so don't be a fanboy, just be a fan of this medium of communication or bow out gracefully instead of being a constant sh*t disturbing tool. Please and thank you.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Burning Brakes

"Better" is highly subjective. And that includes magazine opinions. It all depends on what one values. If you value the same thing in an automobile as some magazine reviewer, then I guess it is the best car on the road. If you don't, it isn't.

Fanboys assume everyone values what they do. BMW fanboys value certain qualities in a car; Acura fanboys value certain qualities. And, frankly, Saturn fanboys value certain qualities. Regardless of your automobile brand preference, if there were such a thing as a universal, completely objective opinion on the "best car" in the world, wouldn't everyone who could afford that car buy it? If Acura is so special, why are RDX sales unimpressive? Why aren't more people who can afford them buying them? Why are they buying Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, and, yes, Cadillacs from General Motors?

I don't get fanboys. I think fanboys have serious problems. I don't think fanboys have very happy lives. They seem to be fixated almost anally on one "type" of machine. I can proudly purchase an Acura or a Saturn, and I did both in 2007 (by the way, the Saturn cost more), and turn around in 2009 and trade 'em both in for a BMW and a Chrysler and not blink an eye. I like trying different things. Diversity is a good thing.

Anyway, back to my RDX Tech, which I very much enjoy. Today, I dusted an X5 on the interstate, then smoked one of those Volvo SUVs. The funniest thing is having CR-V drivers challenge you.
Hurray for you! RDX champ! He beats a BMW X5 (probably a 3.0i engine?). The X5 is a seriously heavier vehicle than the RDX, and if it did not have the 4.4 si engine, your win is anything but a forgettable romp with a "weak" X5.
Take on one with the 4.4 si V8 engine, and see if you can "smile" when he smokes you.
Smoke a Volvo X70, big deal... go and smoke a Cayenne twin turbo and then I'll start cheering you...

For all we know, it was some older woman driving it on her leisure afternoon route...

We keep seeing "I dust this car", "I dust that car"... well, buddy, why don't we hear something different, like "I got dusted by some jerk in a Toyota Corolla, because, I spilled coffee on my pants and couldn't get it going".

About your point on fanboys... what is wrong with folks liking a particular brand? Does that mean those guys don't have a happy life? That viewpoint is so narrow I think a needle can't even squeak through it.

If I say Saturns are a piece of crap, you are going to defend it like it was your life... But I won't... because I think everyone is entitled to what they like...
Do you like it if I called you emotionally unstable because you can't stick to a single car brand? Of course not... because that is not true...
So your point about fanboys not living happy lives, ... , is NOT TRUE!

Okay... I admit my comments "were not being nice"... which brings me to the point... be nice to posters here who are simply stating their preference for the Acura brand...
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 PM
01 acura cl

I had it as a loaner when my tranny went out and absolutely fell in love with it and so did my dad and this car is not at all what we ussually go for

oh and about the seatbelt rings....
I am a valet and constantly have it ringing in my ears, but this really is all new cars, including my dads 07 accord... you just have to live with it....... the worst it the bmw noice (music tune) for not buckling up, AH!

To me the car is super cool, especially considering ,I think, its in the CRV - Rav4 class
Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Meat Popsicle

I had the loaner experience also. I had my 05 TL in for something and persuaded the service writer to hook me up with an RDX instead of the tsx they usually give out.

Flogged it all day long.
Bought one two months later, after cross shopping the MDX, CX7, RX Hybrid and an X3.

Choice came down to the RDX and MDX.
My experience with Acura service has been excellent, in my rare need for service.
NEVER any questions asked. Always polite, prompt and through. McGrath and Contental in western suburbs of Chicago.

All the cars I mentioned were worth owning, and had their own merits. RDX just fit my needs best, and the Honda.

If that make me a fanboy I guess you can sign me up. However I find the language dismissive, but acurazine has always had its share of internet trolls.

Even before it was acurazine
Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
There it is again -- that voice -- "b-u-y a Sat-urn Out-look" it says. "Sat-urns are b-e-t-t-e-r" it says.

That voice, it's relentless, it's demanding.....resistance - is - fading.

Must trade the RDX on an Outlook................and, and...join, yes that's it, join ....that polygamy sect in Texas.

Then I could have more than one, um....."gamy". Maybe they'll all fit in the Outlook.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:40 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MMike1981

+1

I would def. buy the RDX again. its a beautiful machine in every aspect...
Old 04-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
+1

I would def. buy the RDX again. its a beautiful machine in every aspect...
I might buy another, if they make it better looking. The exterior design needs to be more edgy, more polarizing, like the new MDX or the Infiniti FX 35
Old 04-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mav238
Hurray for you! RDX champ! He beats a BMW X5 (probably a 3.0i engine?). The X5 is a seriously heavier vehicle than the RDX, and if it did not have the 4.4 si engine, your win is anything but a forgettable romp with a "weak" X5.
Take on one with the 4.4 si V8 engine, and see if you can "smile" when he smokes you.
Smoke a Volvo X70, big deal... go and smoke a Cayenne twin turbo and then I'll start cheering you...

For all we know, it was some older woman driving it on her leisure afternoon route...

We keep seeing "I dust this car", "I dust that car"... well, buddy, why don't we hear something different, like "I got dusted by some jerk in a Toyota Corolla, because, I spilled coffee on my pants and couldn't get it going".

About your point on fanboys... what is wrong with folks liking a particular brand? Does that mean those guys don't have a happy life? That viewpoint is so narrow I think a needle can't even squeak through it.

If I say Saturns are a piece of crap, you are going to defend it like it was your life... But I won't... because I think everyone is entitled to what they like...
Do you like it if I called you emotionally unstable because you can't stick to a single car brand? Of course not... because that is not true...
So your point about fanboys not living happy lives, ... , is NOT TRUE!

Okay... I admit my comments "were not being nice"... which brings me to the point... be nice to posters here who are simply stating their preference for the Acura brand...
The current 4.8L X5 performs about the same as the RDX by most accounts (a little under 7s 0-60, mid 14's at about 95 mph in the 1/4 for both). It's a heavy bastard. Nice vehicle, though, but at $ x 2, it is hard to say it is not over-priced.