Close-up RDX pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close-up RDX pics

I took some close-up pictures of the RDX at the Columbus Auto Show. I also had the Acura District Rep. give me a walk around demo and learned some great info about the production vehicle. For example, the RDX will be produce at the Marysville, Ohio plant but will not share the CRV chasis. Also, dealer arrival dates have been moved back to July. I posted the pictures on my site:

http://robsellsacura.com/Education.php
Old 03-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rmralston
I took some close-up pictures of the RDX at the Columbus Auto Show. I also had the Acura District Rep. give me a walk around demo and learned some great info about the production vehicle. For example, the RDX will be produce at the Marysville, Ohio plant but will not share the CRV chasis. Also, dealer arrival dates have been moved back to July. I posted the pictures on my site:

http://robsellsacura.com/Education.php
Awesome thanks for sharing! I'm sure you'll sell a ton
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Cruisin'

It is not a "concept"

I understand it might just be semantics, but the the RDX was a "concept" last year and is a "prototype" this year. The difference is important. A "prototype" in auto parlance is nearly identical to a soon-to-be-available vehicle. The Ford Edge also has shown as a prototype at recent auto shows.

In fact, the pictures here say "RDX Prototype."

The fact that it is not available until July is surprising. We shall see.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Instructor

260 ft/lb torque, not 250

As noted in the pictures by Rob, it shows 250 ft/lbs of torque more than once.

Still showing on Acura.com's web site it 260 ft/lbs.

Rob, is this a change from what we all have been told so far?

Also, I was disappointed to hear the arrival to the dealers is being pushed to July. Hopefully soon Acura will give us more official information.

Bob Q
Old 03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Racer

Great pictures. Rear seat pictures answers some questions, thanks for the step by step folding details.

Good luck with sales.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Instructor

In all fairness to Acura, their official company line has always been "Available this summer" -- Summer doesn't start until June 21st

But I'm with you all. I hope it arrives in June, but I think May is out. I'm driving the same car I got when I turned 16! ('98 Nissan Frontier) and the money is in the bank ready for a new vehicle, I'm just waiting for the RDX!

As an educated guess, I think Acura will release full specs/info May 1st. This is based upon the fact that the Acura RDX Prototype was shown at the Detroit show in min-January, then the RDX Prototype was posted on Acura's website Feb 1st. If they show the RDX production version at the New York auto show in mid-April, and follow the same pattern, they'd post the info on their website May 1st. Just a thought.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Was wondering how they were going to do the exhaust. I think the exhaust note will be pleasing.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bobq
As noted in the pictures by Rob, it shows 250 ft/lbs of torque more than once.

Still showing on Acura.com's web site it 260 ft/lbs.

Rob, is this a change from what we all have been told so far?

Also, I was disappointed to hear the arrival to the dealers is being pushed to July. Hopefully soon Acura will give us more official information.

Bob Q
Bob Q,

I was surprised by that too. The rep told me more than once the 250 figure for torque. Even at 250, it is still impresive. But he could have been mistaken.

The July timeframe for delivery was brought to my attention yesterday. The information on the tablet that explains the RDX concept display, which had the June arrival, was switched out with the July timeframe. I know that the vehicles that will be used in the dealer Ride & Drive (dealer's only introduction and comparison drive) are due to arrive in May. I am loking forward to hearing it fire-up when we roll the vehicles out of the display on Sunday.

Rob
Old 03-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thorium
In all fairness to Acura, their official company line has always been "Available this summer" -- Summer doesn't start until June 21st

But I'm with you all. I hope it arrives in June, but I think May is out. I'm driving the same car I got when I turned 16! ('98 Nissan Frontier) and the money is in the bank ready for a new vehicle, I'm just waiting for the RDX!

As an educated guess, I think Acura will release full specs/info May 1st. This is based upon the fact that the Acura RDX Prototype was shown at the Detroit show in min-January, then the RDX Prototype was posted on Acura's website Feb 1st. If they show the RDX production version at the New York auto show in mid-April, and follow the same pattern, they'd post the info on their website May 1st. Just a thought.
I can confirm that you'll see the specs released after the NY auto show.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The brake rotor looks really small with the rim. I think my Mazda 3 brake rotor is bigger.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I'm pretty sure the RDX will have the corporate 11.8" front discs. I think you're seeing the result of big show car wheels on the stock rear rotors.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Cruisin'

July 1 dealer arrival date

I was wondering when you talk about the dealer arrival date beign pushed back to July 1st does that date apply to those who have placed a deposit? My dealer is getting I think he said around 14 rdx's and he will send us a brochure with colors and options in the next month so we can customize our car. So do I have to wait until July... or is this the date for their "regular" inventory of rdx's?? Thanks -- Jeremy
Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jtennistar
I was wondering when you talk about the dealer arrival date beign pushed back to July 1st does that date apply to those who have placed a deposit? My dealer is getting I think he said around 14 rdx's and he will send us a brochure with colors and options in the next month so we can customize our car. So do I have to wait until July... or is this the date for their "regular" inventory of rdx's?? Thanks -- Jeremy
Jeremy-

The July dealer arrival or on-sale timeframe is not a hard date. The vehicles can and do arrive earlier or later. I can tell you that we haven't gotten our allotment for our order yet. We just got our May/June move today and the RDX is not on the order list. I don't know of any dealers in my zone (midwest) that have.

There is no difference between "deposit" and "regular" inventory. Your deposit will ensure that you'll have the chance to select the color of the vehicle in the first allotment. Keep in mind that there is no guarantee that your color choice will arrive with the first shipment. You'll probably see color code lists here before your sales rep gets them in his hand. You should have a better idea of exact schedule and colors after the NY auto show.

-Rob
Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Cruisin'

RDX size

Thanks.... Do and of you know the estimated size of the rdx?? I own a 2003 Honda CRV which I will replace with the RDX and the rdx seems alot shorter than the crv. I know the length is supposed to be 181 in. but has anyone seen the rdx in person and can give their estimate or has anyone heard rumors of the width and height. I also read on a website that the RDX rear seats are very small and are not really meant for passengers (driver oriented car). Any info would help. I'm also considering the lexus rx 330 or 350. Any opinions on that? Thanks
Old 03-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jtennistar
Thanks.... Do and of you know the estimated size of the rdx?? I own a 2003 Honda CRV which I will replace with the RDX and the rdx seems alot shorter than the crv. I know the length is supposed to be 181 in. but has anyone seen the rdx in person and can give their estimate or has anyone heard rumors of the width and height. I also read on a website that the RDX rear seats are very small and are not really meant for passengers (driver oriented car). Any info would help. I'm also considering the lexus rx 330 or 350. Any opinions on that? Thanks
Size has been discussed in this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94